Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Pryor on Fire posted:

if anything this thread has made me much more skeptical, braindead wacko poo poo about remote viewing mermaids and bigfoot is just completely off the rails nonsense, you all know that right?

lue is probably talking about omicron, a whole shitload of people are about to die

no hes talking about the bodysnatchers i remote viewed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pryor on Fire posted:

if anything this thread has made me much more skeptical, braindead wacko poo poo about remote viewing mermaids and bigfoot is just completely off the rails nonsense, you all know that right?

lue is probably talking about omicron, a whole shitload of people are about to die

Not mermaids but there's pretty likely odds that one russian sub got done for by some underwater somethings
and once you accept that our folklore has some tangential truths to it then nothing is forbidden

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Not mermaids but there's pretty likely odds that one russian sub got done for by some underwater somethings
and once you accept that our folklore has some tangential truths to it then nothing is forbidden

which sub?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Marzzle posted:

which sub?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_submarine_Losharik

e:
additional fun

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1601315/russian-submarines-battle-aliens-oceans-kremlin-documents-2/

https://www.reddit.com/r/aliens/comments/nvxjrl/comment/h1ips9s/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Good Soldier Svejk has issued a correction as of 19:20 on Nov 27, 2021

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
now that's the good stuff

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Pryor on Fire posted:

:rubby:
this kind of post just gets funnier and funnier every time

i've never seen a thread other than trump thread where you can so easily tell who "gets it" and who doesn't

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I’m sorry I said grift, thread. I didn’t mean it like that

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Centrist Committee posted:

I’m sorry I said grift when i could have said Unprecedented Financial Opportunity, thread

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Pryor on Fire posted:

every party needs a pooper and thats why they invited you

party pooper

party poooper

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

USO content :yeshaha:

quote:

I know someone that works for NOAA.

The disclosure rumors are 100% true, and the species in question is aquatic.

I don't expect anyone to believe me, and that's fine.

I know a lot of bs gets posted here for shits and giggles.

I'm just sharing a story from a few weeks ago, that I feel is relevant due to all the disclosure talk. I have a college friend that landed a job working for NOAA in a pretty high capacity. I won't say more than that to protect their privacy. Around the holidays, me and said friend were catching up, and they shifted the topic to aliens.

This friend is very level-headed, and we usually don't talk about stuff like that. It's mostly family talk, and work.

They asked if I believed in aliens, to which I replied that "I'd like to, but we simply don't have enough evidence."

Their expression perked up, and they said "I'm going to tell you something, and I want you to take me absolutely serious."

Ok, where is this going I thought. They never seemed so intense in a conversation before, so I braced for some kind of huge personal reveal or something... But they started talking about the Russian submarine incident that happened not too long ago, where supposedly a fire broke out onboard a Nuclear-powered Russian sub, and killed everyone onboard.

They said that was a cover story that Putin came up with for what really happened.

The sub was apparently investigating an underwater base that is controlled by non-human entities. They got too close, and the sub was destroyed by these beings.

My friend went on to detail how most world governments are aware of their presence, yet keep it undisclosed because of the ramifications to society it may have. Also, because we can't do anything to stop, or forcefully reveal them.

They told me that NOAA has had thousands of "incidents of contact" with these underwater beings, and that it's fairly common knowledge amongst certain departments and roles in the organization. They said they have witnessed video, audio, and physical evidence of these beings residing under our oceans, but it is kept under tight wraps by senior officials, and whatever government sector controls NOAA.

The friend said that the recent disclosure buzz is legit, and had been carefully planned. They said they don't know exactly what details will be provided to the public, but that in general, it will be made known that there are other beings occupying our planet, and that they are not from another planet, but have been here, long before us.

They also said these beings actively keep us out of certain parts of the oceans. Apparently, their technology is advanced beyond anything we could come up with to withstand/negate the insurmountable pressures at extreme ocean depths. They are able to freely enter/exit the water in their craft, without displacing or disturbing it physically. They've been captured innumerable times on SONAR, traveling at speeds underwater that are impossible as far as human technology, or marine biology is concerned.

They also mentioned a place called Lake Vostok, and said a very large base was discovered there under the ice, and that Russians have control over the operation there.

My friend also detailed that they have been witnessed outside of any craft, swimming in the ocean freely, by submersible, divers, and cameras at the bottom of oil rig platforms. They are humanoid, and resemble what most people would call the typical "gray alien". Oversized head/large dark eyes, no visible ears, small mouths. It's not known how they breathe, and move underwater.

That's pretty much most of what I was told. They didn't give a date, they just said it will definitely be this year according to what they have been hearing. Apparently this is going to be a worldwide disclosure, not a US specific thing.
as for that last bit about disclosure "definitely being this year" the now-deleted original post was made 1/10/2021 so there's still time :getin:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

aitee thousand leagues under the sea

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

there are so many fun bits of that post, like Putin personally coming up with the fire cover story, or how the merfolk have tech to withstand deep ocean pressures, something we also have given that we have been sending people to the Mariana trench since 1960

absolute best tho is that NOAA is the shadowy government org who is covering up the truth, I love it

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Rah! posted:

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I hope ed Harris is there to tell us to keep our pantyhose on

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Rah! posted:

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Radar seems like he'd come with a telepathic soundboard of trombone sounds and studio audience reactions.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

If I had more time or drive I'd photoshop a Piss Tape is Real hat onto Radar but :effort:

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

my bony fealty posted:

there are so many fun bits of that post, like Putin personally coming up with the fire cover story, or how the merfolk have tech to withstand deep ocean pressures, something we also have given that we have been sending people to the Mariana trench since 1960

absolute best tho is that NOAA is the shadowy government org who is covering up the truth, I love it

no no no, it's the org that CONTROLS the NOAA that's the baddie in the story: the US department of commerce

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Lake vostok for another generic creepypasta bingo square

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

GWBBQ posted:

I'm still the kind of staunch skeptic that most people in this thread have every reason to hate, but at the same time, I don't know what the gently caress is happening.

I expect it to be something mundane and easily explainable, but I really hope it's not.

lol nah, this is where most of us are or at least pretty close, the only thing people hate is smug assholes talking about how it's DEFINITELY birds or drones or...

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

It’s definitely blown my mind.

Mr. Barnesworth
Jun 28, 2008

I said GOOD DAY, sir!

I'm gonna collect them all!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Log082 posted:

lol nah, this is where most of us are or at least pretty close, the only thing people hate is smug assholes talking about how it's DEFINITELY birds or drones or...

tbh people here are more thinskinned about the aspects of paranormal stuff that sorta crosses into the realm of religion/spiritually/etc. I wouldn't intentionally insult someone for their belief in god and I guess UFO stuff is just sorta a different version of that for some people. coexistence is probably possible between those that don't much agree with that aspect of the thread and those that do. people probably overreact pretty hard but hey I guess that's cspam for ya

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Radar seems like the kind of guy who tells you he's into scrap booking and model trains but when you aren't looking he's like loving with nuclear missile silos and coring cow rectums and poo poo

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I mean I don't really dig into the whole reincarnation/transcendental aspects of this and I still think them squatches are goofy but I think those things are generally neat to here about at least and I think it's unfair to compare that sort of thinking with religion and all the baggage that comes with that.

I am very much in a turn off my mind, relax, and float downstream vibe when I am in this topic/thread.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Rah! posted:

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Marzzle posted:

tbh people here are more thinskinned about the aspects of paranormal stuff that sorta crosses into the realm of religion/spiritually/etc. I wouldn't intentionally insult someone for their belief in god and I guess UFO stuff is just sorta a different version of that for some people. coexistence is probably possible between those that don't much agree with that aspect of the thread and those that do. people probably overreact pretty hard but hey I guess that's cspam for ya

Yeah I don't really buy the astral projection and remote viewing stuff myself but it's fun to watch people discuss and I'm not going to argue with their lived experiences or tell them they're wrong, I'm just going to chill and enjoy the mix of sincerity and shitposting

That's the general vide of the thread though and I think the two coexist pretty well, people only really get aggro when someone runs into the thread to breathlessly tell us that Lue is from the MIC and you can see the wings flap, etc.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

im an NOAA secret agent

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Log082 posted:

Yeah I don't really buy the astral projection and remote viewing stuff myself but it's fun to watch people discuss and I'm not going to argue with their lived experiences or tell them they're wrong, I'm just going to chill and enjoy the mix of sincerity and shitposting

That's the general vide of the thread though and I think the two coexist pretty well, people only really get aggro when someone runs into the thread to breathlessly tell us that Lue is from the MIC and you can see the wings flap, etc.

This is how I've tried to post fwiw. Sincerity is cool. Shitposting is cool. Weird poo poo is going on and I'm here to talk about that weird poo poo but also weird poo poo generally

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

the NOAA had JFK assassinated because he wanted to stop the microplastic (its poisonous to the squidmen, the NOAA is trying to destabilize the galactic council, the squids dont want us to have exclusive water rights in this arm of the galaxy but the arcturians and pleiadians have already been paid off with banjos and hats and exclusive access to the human dreamworld for the next 420 galactic cycles)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Radar was the second gunman

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

for whatever its worth the beltway insider holiday chat ive caught the past decade has ALWAYS included the sentiment "lol omg we have so many submersible drones why so many what are are even doing with all the water bots"

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

The Saucer Hovers posted:

for whatever its worth the beltway insider holiday chat ive caught the past decade has ALWAYS included the sentiment "lol omg we have so many submersible drones why so many what are are even doing with all the water bots"

it's funny because that could be looking for USOs or just run of the mill MIC paranoia over nuke subs. who knows! probably some functionary in the pentagon and no one else.

I wish there was more out there about USOs. What is available is really tantalizing, but unlike UFOs they're primarily observed by military sources so there's no, say, cellphone video equivalents or commercial pilots discussing their experiences.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Rah! posted:

im an NOAA secret agent

Secret WEATHER man,
Secret WEATHER man,
I'm counting up to aitee,
Hiding the water birdhouse plan

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Someone paint Radar as the second gunman. Hand on the trigger, hat tipped, JFK's head mid pop.
Then send it to Sue on Twitter, and watch as first contact is called off.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Actually, paint Radar as Jackie, make him wearing her hair as a hat and sneaking in a head shot.

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

I don't understand if they don't have hats outside of Earth? Is this our most unique invention? Perhaps, advantage?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Need to send buschemi up there in a hat

How do you do fellow greys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

JNCO BILOBA posted:

I don't understand if they don't have hats outside of Earth? Is this our most unique invention? Perhaps, advantage?

for some reason the greys need their big bald heads exposed to the alien sun for them to work properly

:shrug::tinylue::shrug: