Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

every game they’ve made is good!!!!
except FO4
even Fallout 76 (which is good now) was always better than 4

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Bethesda games are very bad. I call them Badthesda.

:getout:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Todd wasn’t involved with 76 other than to shill it at E3 so it’s the worst fallout game that isn’t 1/2

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

elder scrolls vi is gonna come out in 2025 and will still have the same awful combat system from 2006 and everyone on the planet will play the poo poo out of it

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Augus posted:

elder scrolls vi is gonna come out in 2025

lol I wish

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you just know they got the trailer ready where the 6 in elder scrolls 6 fades into to 6.6.2026

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I got through the first 3 planets in Exo One and I'm not really sure I understand what this game is trying to be. I don't know what exactly I was expecting from the preview videos, but I wanted it to be a fast-paced atmospheric space racer like Skyroads. Instead you spend about 75% of the time in this slow awkward ball form trying to get enough momentum to glide for about 10 seconds before you come crashing back down to earth again. The controls feel bad and I struggled a lot trying to keep myself airborne for any length of time. There aren't any hazards or failure states as far as I can tell so the entire game is just you rolling from one end of the map to the other, trying and mostly failing to stay in the air. I don't understand how people tested this game and were like "the cool flying through otherworldly clouds part? Let's make that something you can do for a only a couple seconds. The rest of the time you're a fuckin' egg."

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I got through the first 3 planets in Exo One and I'm not really sure I understand what this game is trying to be. I don't know what exactly I was expecting from the preview videos, but I wanted it to be a fast-paced atmospheric space racer like Skyroads. Instead you spend about 75% of the time in this slow awkward ball form trying to get enough momentum to glide for about 10 seconds before you come crashing back down to earth again. The controls feel bad and I struggled a lot trying to keep myself airborne for any length of time. There aren't any hazards or failure states as far as I can tell so the entire game is just you rolling from one end of the map to the other, trying and mostly failing to stay in the air. I don't understand how people tested this game and were like "the cool flying through otherworldly clouds part? Let's make that something you can do for a only a couple seconds. The rest of the time you're a fuckin' egg."
Having never heard of it, this description sounds hilarious. This seems like a perfect thing to try with Game Pass, thank you

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Augus posted:

elder scrolls vi is gonna come out in 2025 and will still have the same awful combat system from 2006 and everyone on the planet will play the poo poo out of it

Yeah, I don't give a gently caress. To be honest I'd rather that then the game turn in all dodge and roll all day.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

you just know they got the trailer ready where the 6 in elder scrolls 6 fades into to 6.6.2026

They got Fallout 4 Irradiated Edition for 4.4.24.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Feels Villeneuve posted:

:hmmyes:

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

exquisite tea posted:

I'm not sure how you got to planet 3 like tgat because planet 2 definitely had some red zones that I assumed were bad to be in, and they were below the cloud layer.

Anyway, you can fly for a long time if you stay in clouds, as in actively steer towards cloud formations, or manage elevation to stay in them. I think the idea is that the ball has frictional charging so the added drag from cloud moisture recharges your Glide. Also if you do it right you can go high, drop with high gravity, and then Glide right before impact and it'll take off.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

You should also be in high gravity mode whenever you aren't going uphill, it speeds you up.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There's that part toward the end of the second planet where you are in the clouds the entire time, but beyond that one prefab area I found it hard to stay airborne. I realized how to build momentum with RT, but it just feels bad and I kind of don't know why they make you spend any length of time rolling on the ground at all.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

exquisite tea posted:

There's that part toward the end of the second planet where you are in the clouds the entire time, but beyond that one prefab area I found it hard to stay airborne. I realized how to build momentum with RT, but it just feels bad and I kind of don't know why they make you spend any length of time rolling on the ground at all.

I think without it there would be no real challenge. The shifting from 1000x earth gravity into gliding and breaking the sound barrier is just :discourse:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I enjoyed building a coliseum of death in Fallout 4, using creature cages.

I also took a clip of the elderly drug addict Momma Murphy performing gymnastics on a pommel horse, which was pretty sweet.

There's alot of fun to be had in the game but people really get hung up on their lack of dialogue options or something. :shrug:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fanatic posted:

There's alot of fun to be had in the game but people really get hung up on their lack of dialogue options or something. :shrug:

Yeah. I get why people don't like the story, but everyone always acts like it's the worst game ever when it has bar none the coolest map Bethesda has done, the most enjoyable combat and some pretty fun sandbox stuff. Like, tbh I don't think the writing is very good in any of their games and I totally just play them for the exploration which FO4 delivers on.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The fo4 critical path is highly bad you cant talk your way around it. Embrace it. Hate newspaper!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I really hope Starfield is good.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I said come in! posted:

I really hope Starfield is good.
I hope so too. It loving better be for how long it's going to take to make lol

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
It will be really good and widely praised but will fail to hit for you specifically. Yes, you, the one reading this.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SpiderLink posted:

It will be really good and widely praised but will fail to hit for you specifically. Yes, you, the one reading this.

Phew, because I wasn't gonna play it

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

So... I'll be that guy for a moment and ask what websites should I turn towards to grab a Series X? I picked up a PS5 earlier this year thanks to Wario64's twitter feed, but is there any other places I should keep an eye on?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Has there been any news recently on the 'Ubisoft subscription coming to game pass by the end of the year' front?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rageaholic posted:

I hope so too. It loving better be for how long it's going to take to make lol

It's suppose to be out in less than a year now, but I am sure it'll be delayed.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Narcissus1916 posted:

So... I'll be that guy for a moment and ask what websites should I turn towards to grab a Series X? I picked up a PS5 earlier this year thanks to Wario64's twitter feed, but is there any other places I should keep an eye on?

From what I've seen in my failed exploits it's going mostly to website's subscription members. Prime, Costco, Wal-Mart+ or whatever. I've been trying fairly hard recently and it's just a lost cause unless you want to pay a scalper.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

Wario64 / Buying a Series S

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Has there been any news recently on the 'Ubisoft subscription coming to game pass by the end of the year' front?
Not a sound, so probably not happening.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I'm making up a rumor that Sony's first party games are going to come day and date to xbox game pass on PC next year and I'd like you to please enable me to become an "insider" who is flagrantly wrong and suffers no consequences

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Barudak posted:

I'm making up a rumor that Sony's first party games are going to come day and date to xbox game pass on PC next year and I'd like you to please enable me to become an "insider" who is flagrantly wrong and suffers no consequences
I mean, MLB The Show was already day and date...

I'd certainly believe that MS approached Ubi about a deal, but that doesn't mean a deal ended up getting made.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Yeah I'm sure they had at least initial discussions about some sort of partnership. But considering Ubisoft's subscription service is more expensive than GamePass, and they don't have a lower tier like EA's service does, I can't really see it happening.

Blows my mind when you look at what's available on GamePass (even just the PC version), and consider that it's several dollars a month less than Ubi's service, which is just a couple of AAA franchises and a shitload of shovelware.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Imagine paying a sub for Ubisoft games :aaaaa:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Imagine paying a sub for Ubisoft games :aaaaa:

It's a good deal if you want play their newest game at release, pretty terrible if you don't.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I had a couple of Target orders over the year to grab a series X and decided not to pick them up since I had a PS5 already and they auto-cancelled, but now with a few more games coming out along with Halo shortly I decided I kind of wanted one along with playing a few crossgen games and I might even be irrational and double dip into Dark Souls and Sekiro after beating them on Sony machines.

I got pretty lucky and snagged two over the past week with Walmart+ and the Amazon drop on Wednesday, so i’ll have an extra Series X if anyone in the SF bay area is interested, i’ll pretty much let it go for cost.

I’m sure it’s been joked about before but drat the Series X box is heavy as a brick and doesnt have a carrying handle like the PS5.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I enjoy roughly one Ubisoft game a year, and thankfully they’re nearly always ~$15 if you wait for the next iteration to come out.

I guess what I’m saying is I’d pay $15 a year for a Ubisoft sub. And when put that way, it still sounds dumb as hell.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think the last Ubisoft game I played was Watch Dogs?

Make a Child of Light 2.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
I never played Origins but Odyssey and Valhalla were alright, I guess really good time-sinker games with sometimes interesting story bits, Fenyx was ok too, theyre all under 20$ now too.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

This is dumb but the progression in halo kinda sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Barudak posted:

Make a Child of Light 2.
with an option to hide all text