Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Would've made more sense calling her Puru 360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

Warmachine posted:

Did Blex's proposal actually have wide enough support to be theoretically possible to pass, or at least not seem like some fringe ideology? What did the actual politics of 'let's move the capital into space' look like?

http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/archive/zetagundamnovels.html

The Zeta novels expand on the AEUG's thing more.

quote:

Afterwards, the people living in space, or Spacenoids, had continued pushing for the conservation of the one and only Earth. But the Earth Federation government embarked on a frenzy of reconstruction in a bid to restore the planet.

Before the Universal Century, this might have seemed like a sensible plan. But in an age where space colonies had been created, and countless millions of people lived in them, the only imaginable reason for reconstructing Earth was that they were habituated to deliberately polluting it.

quote:

The faction of people living on Earth, the ones called Earthmen, were investing huge sums in rebuilding old cities in the name of reconstructing the Earth. This merely meant that humanity was laying the groundwork to pollute Earth's surface all over again.

On the other hand, matters such as the reconstruction of colonies damaged in the war were left entirely to the Spacenoids who lived in them. At first glance, this might seem like a recognition of Spacenoid independence, but instead it was merely neglect. Absolutely no economic assistance was provided.

On the political front, a postwar family register system was announced that would bring all the Spacenoids living in the colonies under the supervision of the Earth Federation government. All of humanity would be numbered, and measures could be taken in advance to control independence movements like the Principality of Zeon. This was a phenomenon of a regressive era.

A movement to reject the family register system arose in the colonies of Side 1, and the Earth Federation government regarded this as an act of rebellion. This was where the activities of the anti-Earth Federation government organization known as the AEUG began.

"If Earth has been destroyed at the hands of humanity, then isn't it only fair to the Earth that gave us life for us to assist the regenerative powers of nature?

quote:

During the nearly four years that followed, the anti-Earth Federation government faction within the Earth Federation Space Force began taking concrete action. This action was carried out by an anti-Earth Federation government organization known from its initials as the AEUG. The colonies of Side 1 and Side 2 became AEUG strongholds, its influence spread among the Spacenoids, and it was also gaining more sympathizers among the soldiers of the Earth Federation Forces.

Two years ago, the Earth Federation government had employed brutal measures in an attempt to suppress this movement. The same poison gas once employed by Zeon was used to attack a colony. The target was Side 1's Banchi 30, where a large-scale AEUG rally was taking place, and 15 million Spacenoids were killed in one stroke. As the colony was a perfectly sealed space, the operation went flawlessly.

The AEUG's resolve was hardened, and a series of skirmishes took place throughout the moon and colonies. But this was part of the Earth Federation government's plan. It was meant to lance the boil of the anti-Earth Federation movement, so that it could be wiped out.

For this purpose, part of the Earth Federation Forces were used to form a special forces unit called the Titans. A base was constructed for them at the former Side 7, now known as Green Oasis.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

They really couldn't think of a better name than Puru Two, huh?

Arguably better than Four Murasame.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

super-redguy posted:

http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/archive/zetagundamnovels.html

The Zeta novels expand on the AEUG's thing more.

quote:

For this purpose, part of the Earth Federation Forces were used to form a special forces unit called the Titans. A base was constructed for them at the former Side 7, now known as Green Oasis.

Interesting that the Titans were formed to fight the AEUG specifically, while AEUG formed in response to general Federation aggression and authoritarianism; including at 30 Bunch. The impression I had always gotten was that the Titans formed first, that AEUG formed in response to the Titans specifically and that the Titans were the ones who gassed 30 Bunch. I guess it might be because Bask was the one who helmed the gassing of 30 Bunch according to the show, so it implies it was the Titans; rather than that he was made part of the Titans once they were created.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

tsob posted:

Interesting that the Titans were formed to fight the AEUG specifically, while AEUG formed in response to general Federation aggression and authoritarianism; including at 30 Bunch. The impression I had always gotten was that the Titans formed first, that AEUG formed in response to the Titans specifically and that the Titans were the ones who gassed 30 Bunch. I guess it might be because Bask was the one who helmed the gassing of 30 Bunch according to the show, so it implies it was the Titans; rather than that he was made part of the Titans once they were created.

Yeah these novels are concurrent with the show and I assume the show works off the Titans being newer (which lines up with a lot of Zeta focusing on the Titans being kinda a newer group setting itself up), but obviously media since then has gone with the Titans showing up first (and solidified in 0083).

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

That version of the Titans and AEUG is a lot worse to me than the generally accepted version of the Titans being the Federation cracking down on spacenoids and the AEUG being mostly Federation military members who stand up to stop them.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

https://twitter.com/adriftingtender/status/1464316597817036807?s=20

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0125 - Afternoon in Dublin

Earthnoids terraformed part of the Sahara to form... European forests? Why not something indigenous?

Some aircraft is taking off from a tarmac airfield on what can only generously be called a sled, as there is no way for tracks to be incorporated and no wheels can be seen. This would be absolutely horrible for take-off.

Ughhh the Psycho Gundam's back and I hate it. Judau jinxes Bright, gets a smidge of Space Madness.

They basically make a spaceballs gag with the zoom, I would've laughed if it wasn't for Puru existing. She better not get Iino killed.

If the Bawoo's follow the Argama all the way to its destination, would that make them the Werewolves of Dublin?

Imagine getting rammed by a shuttle in the vastness of the sky like a loser.

No one can wait the added 10 minutes to provide foliage for the Argama. They will all die as a result.

Imagine being like "Oh yeah let's appease the fascists and then decommission the only thing that's kept us alive or in fighting capacity."

Fa saves the day! Hooray!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Earthnoids terraformed part of the Sahara to form... European forests? Why not something indigenous?

It's not exactly unprecedented, and English settlers stocked Australia with all kinds of English flora and fauna just so that it'd feel more like England.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

tsob posted:

It's not exactly unprecedented, and English settlers stocked Australia with all kinds of English flora and fauna just so that it'd feel more like England.

Just another reason to destroy the English, really.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Jobbo_Fett posted:

It's more fun to watch them slowly implode the last few years. Well, it's more tragicomedy, but it makes for good entertainment at least.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

And yet you keep complaining about Operation British.

Pick a side, hippie!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Nobody would've complained if the colonies had hit Britain.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

Nobody would've complained if the colonies had hit Britain.

They did hit one of the British Isles eventually, just not the right one.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
32 county Zeon.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0126 - Kamille's Voice

Fa almost kills Judau, suddenly worried about Kamille.

Puru steals Elle's thunder by taking the Double Zeta. Beecha is immediately outclassed against a bald freak who doesn't even have the decency to wear chainmail.

Oh, suddenly the Mk. II regrew its arm. The show subtly reveals that Kamille still wets the bed when Fa checks his room. Poor guy :(

Yo Elle and Iino just loving start blasting during these "Negotiations". How they didn't kill the guy in the jeep, I will never know.

Awwww there's a reunion with Fa and the kids. Everyone is wondering where Kamille is, I bet, somehow, Kamille will have snuck on board and is playing with vulcan cannon rounds for fun.

Baldy wants to fly the Psyco Gundam claiming nobody knows what it does to a normal person despite numerous tests with and without Newtypes proving disastrous.

:rip: Mk. II, you deserved better.

Oh, hey, I forgot all about the forehead cannon. Somehow Judau misses the Sandra with it.

Kamille is God, apparently.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0127 - Falling Sky

There appears to be a threat of a colony being dropped on Earth. What the hell did the Irish do to piss off the writers of Double Z?

Dang, I feel bad for Hayato :(.

Kamille might finally say something? Half-expecting a "whoosh" and then BAM Kamille teleported into the aircraft.

Oh poo poo they've got Zaku IIIs now? Rakan better die. Wow so not only is a colony dropping on Dublin but the Dreissen squad is also killing people in traffic trying to leave? That's harsh.

Colonies don't work off the blood of the innocent, Rakan, you moron.

Is it weird that Hayato has an ARMY jacket? Rakan really needs to die.

There's no way Hayato dies

Well.... poo poo.

Then everyone goes Spac ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh myyyyyyyyyy.

I... I don't think this colony drop really got the scope of it all. The reveal of it falling vs it crashing was a stark difference.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0128 - Ple Two Under Gravity

This is like the title screen to the Advance Wars game where the world is post-apocalyptic.

Ok so the Zaku III just casually loses its legs and flies away like its nothing.

Glemy talks about some Ki crap and like, okay, sure, its the Force and not Space Madness. Or something.

Bright is reduced to playing 20 questions, then, in classic gundam fashion, they miss by a degree or two.

If two clones touch eachother, do they explode or cause a time paradox? I so desperately need that to happen...

So... the Psycho Gundam 2 has reflector things as if they knew it would specifically fight the Qubeley and I'm calling bullshit.

It is so incredibly impressive that the bridge crew on the Audumla all died, nobody replaced them, and they kept a mostly-level flight path.

AND THE PSYCHO GUNDAM HAS GRABBY HANDS?! I'm calling super bullshit on this.

:rip: and stuff.

Oh, just straight up got Chiaotzu'ed huh? Rough. Anyways.

Meteors go Whoosh!

They should've ended the episode on that shot of the collapsing colony. Kamille drowns.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0129 - Nahel Argama

I'm trying to figure out how Haman would've organized the colony drop, but I guess that was the plan all along? No more Argama, dang :(.

Who the hell are the two on the beach? Looked like an alternate universe with gender-swapped Glemy and wheelchair bound kid-Judau.

Alright gently caress guess the "leaving Argama behind" thing doesn't mean anything when you just immediately replace it with a better version.

Judau really wants to fight these two jerks on the bridge, you can tell he's the perfect replacement for Kamille even now.

It must absolutely suck for Captain Bright to be the only person constantly willing to actually fight Lady Haman.

gently caress MASHYMRES BACK?! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Ok so let me get this straight, Mashymre hands his rose to a lady, presumably she's a mobile suit/gundam pilot, and she wears a cross. Now, I've never truly gronked religion, thankfully, but she's sporting a cross, so its safe to assume she's christian/catholic and it strikes me as ludicrous that a religion that talked about heaven and how you go float on clouds and whatever other crap you're supposed to be able to do is still a valid belief post space travel.

... HARRO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Ahh, this is the Lady of the Rose fighting La Vie en Rose

Judau immediately gets caught in a maneuver, gets out of the core fighter and makes the enemy pilot hit herself in order to open her own cockpit :psyduck:

True.

They... they're just going to leave without Captain Bright? How small IS this crew?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0130 - The Iron Wall of Jamru Fin

Emaly has a portable love test machine.

Judau starts talking about Leina randomly. Space Madness comes for yet another.

Why is this entire Emaly plotline a thing? :sigh:

Wow what a coincidence that the three Jamru Fin pilots all start with a D in their names. Couldn't even be as cool as Jean Squad.

Judau's going even more Space Mad and the lack of a doctor on the crew is telling.

The... Jamru 3-D Triad? These guys better die sooner rather than later...

They built an entire 2nd Argama but no additional Gundams?

Torres doesn't deserve to get punked out alongside Beecha.

Illia learned that killing the officer in charge might not be the correct thing to do. Wild.

Uh-oh, Mashymre's going Space Mad too.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0131 - The Second Coming of Sarasa

Everyone on the bridge is smarter than Beecha. Not exactly a high bar to clear...

Cut to a lifeboat under attack and the Argama is fine not helping until they know there are Zakus to KILL

Wait... so Austanaige asks if anyone is AEUG, they agree, and then immediately state they are Neo Zeon civilians and that isn't a warning sign?

The civilians, claiming they want to live in peace, also either don't know or don't reveal that there are commandos on the lifeboat. This seems odd. Guess the civilians don't care if the Argama blows up.

:rip: this loser

Judau spaces out, then casually watches an enemy die. Awwww gently caress why is MOON MOON back?!

Ah, if only this ship had a crew of more than 13 people...

And everyone is now blaming Mondo, which seems stupid, but hey I guess this means Mondo is gonna do something rash AND die.

Wow Mondo got owned real easy. Good thing someone else launched to save him.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I... I don't think this colony drop really got the scope of it all. The reveal of it falling vs it crashing was a stark difference.

Gundam never really gets the scale of it's drop objects right; it's either hilariously overblown or kind of underwhelming. Honestly, the Dublin colony drop is probably closer than the shots we see of Operation British; where a third of a single cylinder destroyed half of Australia.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ok so let me get this straight, Mashymre hands his rose to a lady, presumably she's a mobile suit/gundam pilot, and she wears a cross. Now, I've never truly gronked religion, thankfully, but she's sporting a cross, so its safe to assume she's christian/catholic and it strikes me as ludicrous that a religion that talked about heaven and how you go float on clouds and whatever other crap you're supposed to be able to do is still a valid belief post space travel.

I mean, we've been able to go to space with 70 odd years and Christianity is still a thing; being able to live in space doesn't disprove it any harder than just visiting would do. Religion has dealt with the same thing before anyway, and Christian doctrine used to be that God and Heaven resided in the sky. Various flying vehicles obviously put paid to that, and what religions held to that just shifted to believing that God(s) resided in space instead to work around the issue. Nowadays it's more a case that Heaven is basically another dimension or plane of existence. You can always push the boat out further.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0132 - Tigerbaum Dream

This title is a lot funnier now than it likely was way back when.

They modelled a colony entirely after Hong Kong? Cool, I guess.

Wait they are literally re-playing Judau's origin story, and then I get to watch some old perv being a perv for Lady Haman and this sucks.

Did... did NOBODY think it was weird for the men and women to be separated?

Judau promptly roundhouse kicks a kid in the head and then murders him with a protomech.

"We're taking you to be prepared" AND NOBODY QUESTIONS THIS?!

This is fast becoming the worst episode and I am not playing this at anything less than 4x speed.

Yeah whatever please end.

There's a fight scene, Judau easily kills a dude, not-Judau almost dies. Judau's one weakness is exposed and this is so very much like the Jedi/Sith stuff.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah you really don't get religion if you think leaving the atmosphere does anything to change people's belief in it. For the record it's official catholic doctrine that aliens can exist.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

tsob posted:

I mean, we've been able to go to space with 70 odd years and Christianity is still a thing; being able to live in space doesn't disprove it any harder than just visiting would do. Religion has dealt with the same thing before anyway, and Christian doctrine used to be that God and Heaven resided in the sky. Various flying vehicles obviously put paid to that, and what religions held to that just shifted to believing that God(s) resided in space instead to work around the issue. Nowadays it's more a case that Heaven is basically another dimension or plane of existence. You can always push the boat out further.

Yeah that's the ludicrous part. It's funny how it is literally anti-science.

tsob posted:

Gundam never really gets the scale of it's drop objects right; it's either hilariously overblown or kind of underwhelming. Honestly, the Dublin colony drop is probably closer than the shots we see of Operation British; where a third of a single cylinder destroyed half of Australia.

There's such a cool possibility of an amazing shot with a giant shockwave and maybe the earth's crust itself just erupts outward like every crater and the only thing I can assume from Dublin was that, nearing the end of the episode, they had to close off loose ends or put in dialogue and couldn't just end it there.

Gaius Marius posted:

Yeah you really don't get religion if you think leaving the atmosphere does anything to change people's belief in it. For the record it's official catholic doctrine that aliens can exist.

Honest, I don't get religions at all. I don't mean to judge anyone or their beliefs, but wowee that's giant leap for mankind to just... believe in some higher power that cares about whatever existence you have. Enjoy company with others, lead a happy, peaceful life, be cool to one another.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

There was a famous quote, supposedly from Yuri Gagarin, in the early days of the Soviet space program. “I looked and looked and looked, but I didn’t see God.”

This... did not turn out to be the slam dunk that the Soviet propaganda department expected. It turned out the kind of religion with a purely physical afterlife, on an island or under the Earth, hadn't been in fashion for centuries, if that. It was compared to trying to find Shakespeare by reading Hamlet repeatedly. In fact, it would have been more disturbing to mainstream Christianity to find that kind of God, a local figure confined to a set location. (To go on a brief tangent, that was a common position in folk religions, with gods who had local power directly tied to their people. The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob being able to shake the whole world, even when his chosen people were defeated in battle, was a strange and terrifying anomaly, not the standard.)

Heaven was in the sky because it represented a vast distance, a place beyond human understanding. Thus, things like Dante's Comedy having Jupiter be part of Heaven. But even then, the philosophers placed God's dwelling outside of the universe as they knew it, a place unbound by the physical laws regarding the motion of the spheres. The idea of angels moving the planets was a fallback for the sciences, not for faith, with their movement allowing the commonly accepted geocentric model to function. Once Copernicus found a more viable model, theologians and philosophers were able to leave angels to their role as divine messengers, rather than the less suitable position of cosmic Sisyphi.

In general, the idea of space flight has been pretty well discussed by theologians, with ancient arguments about whether it was right to preach to giants or dog-headed men (if they existed) repurposed to discuss if it would be right to preach to aliens (if they exist). The major religions of the world are well adapted to living in a space age already.

In Gundam, of course, it varies by series and by writer. Some shows have the Federation attempt to crack down on religion as an opposing force to its secular authority, with Zeon Zum Deikun's Newtype philosophy helping fill the void this decision left, but ZZ Gundam shows major Muslim communities have survived on Earth, while War in the Pocket strongly suggests that Christianity is doing quite well on Side Six with Al's prayers. Other continuities go all over the place, from SEED having proof of aliens (somehow) invalidate all major religions, while Setsuna in 00 became an atheist after having his childhood Muslim faith exploited by a (non-religious, but he found it hilarious) terrorist cult leader. For him, the concept of Gundams themselves became a religious fixation, forming the basis of his character in the show.

As a post-script to the initial comment on God in outer space, more modern Cosmonauts have had their rockets anointed with holy water. Attempts to stomp out people's faith once and for all have generally been less conclusive than people planned.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The best sci Fi writers are all religious.

Also I wouldn't call Setsuna atheist. He replaced God with Gundam and most of the show is examining that

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0133 - Rasara's Life

The Zeta grindset is real and I want this series over. Why the gently caress did I care about a discord's !8ball function to finish this? I've made a grave tactical error.

Haman has, apparently, easily converted Stampa. Please just kill him.

So Lady Haman just has such high charisma and space madness she can convince anyone around her to do her bidding. This reminds me of that other blue-haired punk, the one that DIED.

Stampa was just... hiding in his mobile suit in the river? And Mondo and co just happened to hide in that one alley?

Judau domes Stampa with a large rock and he's perfectly fine. I call bullshit.

WAIT WHAT KILLED RASARA?! Nothing fell on her!

Mobile Suit taken out by a construction crane. Sure. Stampa beats Judau back to his mouELLE HAS A ROCKET LAUNCHER?!

Haman is sliding down the temple in. a. dress. Whatever.

Judo... TRIP!

Mondo joins the fight and Stampa DIES. Good.

Awwww Lunan and Judau are buddies and he's gonna have a place to retire when the war is over.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0134 - The Girl from Core 3 Part 1

Cut to this asteroid here now and whatever. Two new mobile suits are deployed, one red and one blue, to no fanfare. Imagine seeing that and not being able to pause or replay?

The original Qubeley was destroyed, so wouldn't this be Qubeley Two?

These commandos miners look like british soldiers/officers. Chara's back and, uh.... why do they have to show this again?

So these miners help out the entire fighting crew of the Argama, then capture them, and plan to what, ransom them? Because they don't like Chara.

I'm so glad that these adults have to believe a kid who was abandoned by their father.

"Hang on until dad comes back" Welp, signed your own death warrant, idiot.

That's a pretty stacked forward armament.

How... how did Puru Two transport the 3 captives?

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Apropos of nothing: dog in a normal suit

https://i.imgur.com/HugQaU4.mp4

CHOMP

https://i.imgur.com/JYwd8sb.mp4

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Flanders looks concerned. (Except when he's sniffing things. He looks content enough there.)

Meanwhile, Haro has a vicious streak a mile wide.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Haro gonna gently caress you up.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0135 - The Girl from Core 3 Part 2

Literally looking right at the Rebels and Argama crew after they blow up the wall.

Mondo doesn't care about the 500,000+ people on Core 3, just the 3 hostages.

Mondo "I can do as well as Judau" Keep telling yourself that, bud.

Imagine having fake asteroids of your own mobile suit loaded for just such an occasion...

Everyone is taking the tinnitus they've all just received thanks to Puru Two rather well.

I feel like if I tried to sort out all the allegiances, betrayals, factions, and plotlines I'd end up drunk talking like Mr Plinkett.

Wait Puru Two said she didn't have her funnels and now she has her funnels?! Who wrote this?!

They hit their target!!!

HAPPY END - ACHIEVED

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0136 - Emary's Glory

Another new mobile suit about to drop. Will the Hyaku-Shiki finally get an upgrade? The Gundam Mk. II?

Okay so everyone can get these light jetpacks that seem to be easy to fly in atmosphere and in space and people still just casually let mobile suits have open cockpits or authorization system?

One WW2-vintage Pineapple Grenade is enough to take out an entire building.

Holy poo poo this suit of armor is for the most jacked giant midget I've ever seen! Judau is only as tall as his chest but their knees are at the same height.

Haman is literally running down a list of lies, I half expect her to take out a notebook to check off the ones she's tried.

Roux is very nice to re-assure Mineva that she won't actually shoot her. Yo what the gently caress Judau!? You just give her right back? Why?

Dooben Wolf? The hell? New Mobile Suit looks sucky.

La Vie En Rose is going to sacrifice itself as a meatshield for the Argama, and apparently Emaly has to stay on-board for this? Why not just set it on an automatic run?

Taking a glancing blow from whatever the hell La Vie En Rose's stuff was and just casually shrugging it off.

Poor Emaly :( She's now a space ghost like the rest of them.

Cool so Lady Haman controls people through Roses apparently.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ZZ Gundam actually suffered from the reverse of the original Gundam's situation where they lost several episodes. For ZZ they had a plan, then got five-ish extra episodes at the last minute, so we got... Tigerbaum.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Amazing how much better that worked for Macross

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i suppose macross at least clears that low bar, but extra episodes still seem cursed

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
#0137 - The Battle of Axis

Ah, so Mashymre's now a cyber newtype and everyone is now in a cult.

Glemy is addressing the people of Zeon, otherwise known as 10 engineers too busy repairing mobile suits to give a gently caress.

Glemy is so loving lazy he needs someone to cart over a phone for him.

Elle rules.

Ashtonaige tells Judau something about Feudal Japan and sleeping with your weapon before a battle. Weirdo.

So the near-end of Double Zeta is just "Every pilot still around is basically sub-servient to someone else" rather than having their own ideals, like how Zeta was.

Rakan's master plan is to shoot his detachable hands at his opponents and then shoot with a giant gun? Rakan is not bright, and not Bright.

Everyone's going to die and I feel like I won't care about any of them. Well, except Chara and the Argama crew. Cool combat scenes, I guess.

Lady Haman is back in her Loki gear, feels like its been forever.

Chara, saved by Judau. Wait, she calls herself Catwoman?

Oh wow what a callback, electric rope things. Surprised Mashymre even got caught in it. Wait... did he just... blow up?

Wait... what?! What?

Uh.

HUH?! He didn't even do anything. Rakan and his squadron is fine. Seriously, what the gently caress?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
NONE OF YOU CAN CONTAIN MY POWER!

AHHHHHHHHH!

*dies*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!