Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

ultrafilter posted:

If anyone can find a way to brick a mirror with a firmware update it's Elon Musk.
The side mirrors have motors on them, it can't be that hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER

Byzantine posted:

Yes, it does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Familiar

"Familiars are most common in western European mythology, with some scholars arguing that familiars are only present in the traditions of Great Britain and France. In these areas, three categories of familiars are believed to exist:

familiar spirits manifesting as humans and humanoids, throughout Western Europe
divinatory spirits manifesting as animals, Great Britain and France
malevolent spirits manifesting as animals, only in Greece"

I'm kinda late to this but I think that a spirit animal would be closer to a tutelary spirit then a familiar. A familiar directly helps you, but a tutelary spirit is the guardian of a certain clan, place, person etc.

Plus it's fun to say.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I had to drive my mom's Lincoln recently and the rear window on that thing was small enough to make me really nervous. It was very hard to tell if someone was tailgating you.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Byzantine posted:

Yes, it does.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Familiar

"Familiars are most common in western European mythology, with some scholars arguing that familiars are only present in the traditions of Great Britain and France. In these areas, three categories of familiars are believed to exist:

familiar spirits manifesting as humans and humanoids, throughout Western Europe
divinatory spirits manifesting as animals, Great Britain and France
malevolent spirits manifesting as animals, only in Greece"

You're all wrong

This is a familiar

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/Eve_Barlow/status/1464633893781340162?t=1eZFxV_9OIfGLPEnjbjRbA&s=19

I know she was deranged well before Fartlow but I think she legit gave herself some sort of rage based brain damage from the whole thing.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Seth Pecksniff posted:

You're all wrong

This is a familiar

He's in a very popular show, that's probably why

:v:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

well that explains why fartlow is trending again

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

grittyreboot posted:

https://twitter.com/Eve_Barlow/status/1464633893781340162?t=1eZFxV_9OIfGLPEnjbjRbA&s=19

I know she was deranged well before Fartlow but I think she legit gave herself some sort of rage based brain damage from the whole thing.

"stop being so weak!"

*makes it so noone can reply*

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
For some people, Twitter is literally the first place they ever received anything other than constant praise and affirmation, and it loving broke them.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

For some people, Twitter is literally the first place they ever received anything other than constant praise and affirmation,

Must be nice

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Like, a mirror's always going to work (unless you smash it on something) and doesn't need firmware updates.

A friend had a problem with his rearview mirror. It had this feature that it darkened slightly to compensate for bright light from behind. Except due to some bug it went almost pitch black and couldn't be used until the drivers were updated.

:eng101:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

DarkDobe posted:

Isnt that basically the F22 helmet setup

Just need to make it heavy enough to snap your neck in a fender bender.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

grittyreboot posted:

Yeah, they're definitely being fired/getting insulted over imaginary offenses and people being mad, and not, for example, the things those people are mad about.
What are those things? Irrelevant, don't worry about it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:lol:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Seth Pecksniff posted:

You're all wrong

This is a familiar

That’s actually Guillermo. While it’s true he is a familiar, he’s just one example and not every familiar is like him. Fun fact: he’s a fictional character played by an actor named Harvey Guillén and what’s so interesting about that is…

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

Seth Pecksniff posted:

You're all wrong

This is a familiar

No, he's a bodyguard.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

grittyreboot posted:

People arguing in your replies is pretty key to getting your engagement numbers up, which in turn is directly related to how much dark money gets sent your way. No comments, no money, no seat on the grift train. All because of Fartlow.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Skwirl posted:

My favorite one is Idaho being a Native American word for "Precious Gem"

except it's not, it's just something a white dude made up, and most people figured out pretty quick, but they still named the state Idaho and their license plates still say "The Gem State."

If I were a legislator and all my state had to offer was potatoes and Mormons, I would probably go with fake history, too.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

I know this dude in real life. He's been getting progressively more and more demented as the pandemic has gone on.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/Eve_Barlow/status/1464612547839991813?t=0DEPvyBio84XZbyHpMIDeg&s=19
My hate name
https://twitter.com/jewish_activist/status/1464708041677357065?t=TxJFUqTIMCd38U7EjWR6dg&s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm a free thinker that's why I went to go watch the twinkly lights turn on.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Brawnfire posted:

When you reach your destination, undock your remote telemetry drone and hover inside.

So just become a Rigger from Shadowrun, you're saying.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
There's nothing stopping any of you from painting over your windshields and installing the COFFIN system in your dodge stratus.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

People arguing in your replies is pretty key to getting your engagement numbers up, which in turn is directly related to how much dark money gets sent your way. No comments, no money, no seat on the grift train. All because of Fartlow.

Pretty sure she's a faildaughter who literally doesn't have to do anything with her life anyway

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty sure she's a faildaughter who literally doesn't have to do anything with her life anyway

quote:

Eve Barlow is a music journalist, an activist, a Twitter provocateur, and an impassioned and vocal Zionist and feminist.

fartlow

Idk her background but yeah "music journalist twitter provocateur" suggests "doesn't need to rely on steady income" to me.

"Zionist and feminist" sounds like, well, you all know

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
"Journalist" is British for "rich failchild," yeah.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Her activism consists of posting on Twitter exclusively about being Jewish and criticizing anti-Zionist Jews for being self hating.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

"Twitter provocateur" who doesn't allow people to comment on her posts

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The Saddest Rhino posted:

"Twitter provocateur" who doesn't allow people to comment on her posts

She's tryna get those ripples to spread across the pond

Instead of us just dunking her in it calling her a fart lol

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
I had no idea who Sieve Fartlow was so I clicked on her Twitter and underneath got recommended wildly right wing and racist accounts so that pretty much told me all I needed to know

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Dynastocles posted:

Her activism consists of posting on Twitter exclusively about being Jewish and criticizing anti-Zionist Jews for being self hating.

Not just anti-Zionists, anyone who’s critical of the current government of Israel in any way.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
She’s angry at Seth Rogan right now for something. Car theft?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Scratch Monkey posted:

She’s angry at Seth Rogan right now for something. Car theft?
Seth Rogan was like "lol just don't leave expensive stuff in your car if you live in a city, moron"

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
How does she react to the pig poop balls image

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

FFT posted:

Seth Rogan was like "lol just don't leave expensive stuff in your car if you live in a city, moron"

This just reminded me of one of my favorite recent stupid social media things: Those clickbait "article" ads that are like, "Here are 30 things a former burglar says you're doing wrong".

I clicked on one once out of morbid curiosity and it whiplashes between common sense crap like Rogan's thing there (e.g. lock your doors) to utterly insane, unrealistic advice like "don't keep your keys anywhere near your garage, put them somewhere really inconvenient deep inside your house or you're giving them a getaway car", "all of your jewelry should be hidden in secret caches, you should never have a jewelry box in your bathroom/bedroom or wear any of it", or "you should never hire anyone to come do work inside of your house, they either have fake uniforms or even the real ones are all just scouts for criminals".

All of them were in that vein of living in constant fear of a break-in, so you need to make your life maximally inconvenient to yourself and do things that aren't actually going to stop a determined burglar. You shouldn't keep anything in a location where you might actually want to use or enjoy it because that's the first place they'll look! Don't wait for it to get stolen to deprive yourself of it!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I know this dude in real life. He's been getting progressively more and more demented as the pandemic has gone on.

:smuggo: "The fact that I happened to know there was another ticket machine in a non-obvious place somewhere within driving distance is a sure sign that I am night-and-day more intelligent than all these sheeple around me. Please don't bring up how I didn't actually say whether those were still the same seven people in line at the main machine, and that it's entirely possible that my cleverness ended up taking longer."

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Big "driving around the parking lot five times to get a spot by the entrance" energy there

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Is there any reason why he didn't just walk to the other ticket machine and instead chose to do laps of the carpark to demonstrate how enlightened he is?

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

AlbieQuirky posted:

Not just anti-Zionists, anyone who’s critical of the current government of Israel in any way.

Well, I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that would include a bunch of Israelis. I mean, I'm pretty sure it was Israelis who got rid of Netanyahu after getting sick of his bullshit. I'm not sure if his replacement is any better, but that's always the way. Nobody is going to seriously get me to believe that Israel is the only country in the entire world without corrupt, poo poo-for-brains politicians. Especially not someone who thinks being called "Eve Fartlow" on Twitter is the exact same level of suffering as the pogroms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Kosmo Gallion posted:

have you asked him how we'd not be in this situation if everyone did what he thinks and not wear masks or get the vaccine? He seems to believe in the disease but doesn't want people to react to it.