Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

This has real “Aircraftsman Shaw” energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

quote:

In New York in 2013, Del Bufalo gave a lecture and signed copies of his book, Porphyry, about the reddish-purple rock much used by Roman emperors.

I would have named my book that just to make radio interviewers stumble over pronouncing it, but this guy thought of it first.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/limitlessjest/status/1463001223628349441

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mescal posted:

I would have named my book that just to make radio interviewers stumble over pronouncing it, but this guy thought of it first.

Talk about this vexing issue obliquely on a walk and you could have peripatetic periphrasis on perfidious porphyry.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:sweatdrop:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Apt metaphor for sure

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Yeah, we want our mass extinction event to be homegrown and human-caused! Get outta here, asteroid!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Jesus gently caress. Just have the loving thing towed. Amazon probably doesn't want to connect the homeowner with the contractor, but that's not his problem. gently caress it, hook up a pickup to it and yank it into the road, then have it towed.

Oddly, something kind of like that happened to my father's uncle. His son died of Covid and this left his company vehicle in the driveway. Big Sprinter like that one above. The business went to poo poo around the same time, so no need for it to be on the road. They let the thing sit in these poor people's driveway, reminding them of their dead son, for four months before another family member got wind of it and unleashed endless poo poo on the company until they removed the van.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1459116013467967489

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I never needed anything as much as I need this now.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1463601547473039363

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

madeintaipei posted:

Jesus gently caress. Just have the loving thing towed. Amazon probably doesn't want to connect the homeowner with the contractor, but that's not his problem. gently caress it, hook up a pickup to it and yank it into the road, then have it towed.

I was thinking the same things, but then I realized gently caress Amazon. Who cares if it was a contractor, they were acting on behalf of Amazon so as far as I'm concerned it's Amazon's problem. Why should I do their work for them. It's off to the side, so he can still use his driveway, and he's in the annoyed-but-also-amused zone.

Put a sign on it. Something like "Amazon? Why are you living a delivery van here?". Invite the local news and make it one of those quirky little local interest pieces for broadcast. Get it a twitter account.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/TheSun/status/1463137761599315974

https://twitter.com/nzorach/status/1461699076739768321

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/WPLGLocal10/status/984478529965449216

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

More like “eaten by pigs”.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

They also got away with a few kilos of coke too!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
In strange video game news today, the makers of the only public GW2 botting tool have announced that they have ceased sales and support of the bot because it is no longer profitable, and they will instead be developing and selling botting tools for FF14.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I wasn't aware people actually play GW2, I thought it was a joke.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

quote:

Eventually Amazon told Lou to call the authorities and have it towed. “That’s a terrible solution,” Lou said. “I’m not going to have the vehicle towed. Amazon should be able to figure this out. So now it’s an act of defiance. I did not follow Amazon’s instructions to just call the cops and have it towed.”

I do not understand this man.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Foxfire_ posted:

The cops need to issue a citation to have it towed away for free (I suspect). One of my friends told me a car was abandoned on his property and the cops refused to have it towed; I think he would have had to pay to have it towed. At that point I think you need to be willing to claim possession to recoup the losses.

Varies drastically by location, day of the week, and how many chocolate doughnuts they had left that morning.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

they couldve probably pushed it out into the road but that would put the liability for anyone hitting the van on him

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Cythereal posted:

In strange video game news today, the makers of the only public GW2 botting tool have announced that they have ceased sales and support of the bot because it is no longer profitable, and they will instead be developing and selling botting tools for FF14.

To be fair they have been running both tools for some time, just not worth it for GW2 anymore.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Isn't the towing fees usually on the car's owner? There's a whole lovely industry based on it

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Foxfire_ posted:

The man is against both Amazon and cops. The hero of our times.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Mescal posted:

Isn't the towing fees usually on the car's owner? There's a whole lovely industry based on it

yea let the market decide. call towing companies until one agrees, refuse any knowledge, then sue amazon for stealing your van

It's the American way

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hotwire the ignition and take that baby to a spray shop, you got yourself a van

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

America once had a tv show about people who would get their car towed unless they could answer general trivia questions, and would lose their car if they didn’t get enough right

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

bobjr posted:

America once had a tv show about people who would get their car towed unless they could answer general trivia questions, and would lose their car if they didn’t get enough right

What are the questions

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Carthag Tuek posted:

What are the questions
What's your license plate number?
How is the capacity of the fuel tank?
What kind of brakes does it have?
How many cylinders?
How many gears in the transmission?
What is an acceptable tire pressure?
What is the difference between lower and higher octane fuel? (other than the price)
How closely are you legally allowed to follow an ambulance if its emergency lights are on?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

How many cylinders?
What is the difference between lower and higher octane fuel? (other than the price)
How closely are you legally allowed to follow an ambulance if its emergency lights are on?

Those are p good questions

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

How many cylinders?

Zero, to all of those

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0LSkX46dS4

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

How many cylinders?
That's a complete scam. There's absolutely no way to know how many gears there are in an automatic transmission, even (especially) if you take it apart and count them.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Captain Hygiene posted:

Hotwire the ignition and take that baby to a spray shop, you got yourself a van

The article mentioned the keys were left with the van so you don't even need the first part. Getting some sick stoner art on the sides is necessary however.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

GWBBQ posted:

That's a complete scam. There's absolutely no way to know how many gears there are in an automatic transmission, even (especially) if you take it apart and count them.

Also, I don't give a poo poo whether people know what kind of brakes they have as long as they have them serviced regularly. All but those are good test questions.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

GWBBQ posted:

Did you mean the number of clutch plates in an automatic transmission? Unless it's a CVT, there's an integral gear count; at least the specs list them. This ain't AI but I just typed in some random vehicle and the automatics give counts (which likely don't include the reverse gear, so everyone playing the game will get it wrong :laugh:). For the lols, this guy knows.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Also, I don't give a poo poo whether people know what kind of brakes they have as long as they have them serviced regularly. All but those are good test questions.
Don't be so offended. It was a "trivia game", so I think it's just as fair to ask as the name of some random singer/sports/media/politician (well more fair, because who has any reason to know those other things). I just love the irony of "lost car because didn't know a thing about it". But your question works: "How many months ago was your last brake service?"

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Blue Footed Booby posted:

This question is not completely irrelevant. Drum brakes are really bad at stopping cars when going in reverse, so knowing your car has those can save you from ramming something or someone.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/motherboard/status/1440733683086888960

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I think we've all been there after a late night Taco Bell run