Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ruffian Price posted:

with an option to hide all text

What do you mean, the rhyming?
It wasn't awful all the timing

(seriously, a commitment to a terrible, terrible bit)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Narcissus1916 posted:

So... I'll be that guy for a moment and ask what websites should I turn towards to grab a Series X? I picked up a PS5 earlier this year thanks to Wario64's twitter feed, but is there any other places I should keep an eye on?

I used the Hotstock app. Took a couple weeks but eventually snagged one from Best Buy.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I got through the first 3 planets in Exo One and I'm not really sure I understand what this game is trying to be. I don't know what exactly I was expecting from the preview videos, but I wanted it to be a fast-paced atmospheric space racer like Skyroads. Instead you spend about 75% of the time in this slow awkward ball form trying to get enough momentum to glide for about 10 seconds before you come crashing back down to earth again. The controls feel bad and I struggled a lot trying to keep myself airborne for any length of time. There aren't any hazards or failure states as far as I can tell so the entire game is just you rolling from one end of the map to the other, trying and mostly failing to stay in the air. I don't understand how people tested this game and were like "the cool flying through otherworldly clouds part? Let's make that something you can do for a only a couple seconds. The rest of the time you're a fuckin' egg."

FWIW I has the same experience. Last night I got to the 6th or so world where you roll around in this huge metal ball that obscures your vision, got stuck in a corner on some level geometry, and decided it wasn't fun enough to continue, and went over to Tetris Effect instead.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mierenneuker posted:

It's a good deal if you want play their newest game at release

why would you want to do that

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Augus posted:

why would you want to do that

I'm guessing to some people the yearly open world game is a form of comfort food. And Ubisoft wouldn't keep making them if they weren't profitable.

If I was a teenager I would be all over that poo poo. Well... if teenage me lived in a world without Game Pass, I guess.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Nov 28, 2021

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Deptfordx posted:

I'm getting the "Stuck on downloading 0%", that half the threads about game pass on the interent are complaining about.

Yes, I've updated, signed into both accounts, checked the timezones and all the other stuff, it's just not working.

I'm rememebering why I stopped renewing it in the first place.

I'm honestly tempted to just write of the 3 months I got in the Black Friday discount and just go back to Steam and never think about it again.

Does it eventually give an error code?

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Getting around in a really fun and fluid way is, like, all Exo One has going for it, but it does that pretty well. If you're struggling to get long, sustained periods of gliding/airtime/flinging yourself all over the place, something within those movement mechanics hasn't clicked for you yet.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Yeah I'm clicking with it all right... right to the uninstall button!

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
more like exo DONE

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

The Series S seems like it's still available everywhere online while the X and PS5 were nowhere this week. Curious if that will translate to bigger S sales, or if it just means nobody's buying them

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Roman posted:

The Series S seems like it's still available everywhere online while the X and PS5 were nowhere this week. Curious if that will translate to bigger S sales, or if it just means nobody's buying them

Its apparently the best selling unit for black friday, outselling the switch

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Watch Dogs: Legion went on a 30% off sale 9 days after release and had a bug preventing autosave on Xbox for two months. Far Cry 6 broke fast travel on PC with the first DLC episode release (tries to load an ad and crashes to desktop). Getting one month of the Ubisoft sub to play any new release seems like a terrible investment if your ability to play is subject to random delays

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I regret buying Far Cry 6 at full price. Valhalla was fine and worth the money last year even if it went on sale quickly but 6 is pretty boring.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Barudak posted:

When you are the only in stock console you sell

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Thom12255 posted:

I regret buying Far Cry 6 at full price. Valhalla was fine and worth the money last year even if it went on sale quickly but 6 is pretty boring.

All ubi games are like 30% off in less than a month post launch

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah not hard to outsell the Sx/ps5 when you can’t get them anywhere

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Barudak posted:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/11/28/the-most-popular-black-friday-2021-console-was-not-the-ps5/?sh=654abe323445

"Adobe measured “over one trillion visits to U.S. retail sites” and deduced that the Xbox Series S was not only the most popular video game console this Black Friday, but one of the most popular items purchased period."

Well that all paid off I guess. Bet Phil Spencer is looking extra smug today

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Walmart supposedly has stuff for Monday planned for + members, just have to literally refresh the item page at the exact time it hits noon ET to get into the queue asap, at least that worked for me, multiple devices helps too.

Confirmed:

- 12/1 to 12/3 Target's regular PS5 drop between 6am - 7am ET
- 11/29 Walmart (PS5 & XBX) at 12pm ET / 11am CT / 10am MT / 9am PT - Walmart+ Required (not available to trial members)

The Series S is everywhere but the digital only doesnt appeal to me and 200$ isnt a huge difference the life cycle of the console.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

ColdPie posted:

I used the Hotstock app. Took a couple weeks but eventually snagged one from Best Buy.

My nephew and a bunch of his friends have scored Series Xs and PS5s using Hotstock. But they also paid the monthly fee for Hotstock Pro and they also all signed up for Walmart+ and GameStop’s membership thing until they managed to get the consoles they wanted.

But they got them. I guess most of them did it in less than a month that way.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

My target had like 8 series s, six this morning.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Colostomy Bag posted:

Does it eventually give an error code?

Thanks but I eventually fixed it.

I'm not sure what precise combination of reinstalling/repair/reset etc etc fixed it.

Should have written it down so I'd know what to repeat when it throws another hissy fit next week.

I maintain that app is in a shocking condition considering the amount of time it's been out for.

Snacksmaniac posted:

My target had like 8 series s, six this morning.

At least here in the UK, the S is also fairly readily purchasable. Our Amazon have it in stock now. It's the X that's tricky.

Deptfordx fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 28, 2021

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Roman posted:

"Adobe measured “over one trillion visits to U.S. retail sites” and deduced that the Xbox Series S was not only the most popular video game console this Black Friday, but one of the most popular items purchased period."

Why is the photoshop company the source of this information?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

doingitwrong posted:

Why is the photoshop company the source of this information?

https://business.adobe.com/products/analytics/adobe-analytics.html

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Roman posted:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/11/28/the-most-popular-black-friday-2021-console-was-not-the-ps5/?sh=654abe323445

Well that all paid off I guess. Bet Phil Spencer is looking extra smug today

Turns out covid is a Microsoft conspiracy to make the Series S the best selling console.

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
Series S is the only console outside the Nintendo switch I have seen in the wild sitting on a store shelf since covid hit. If I didnt have a gaming PC to allow me to play Halo and Forza I would grab one for sure. I mean, it is going to be 2 years soon since a Sony system was on store shelves, that is nuts.

Xbox with Halo also has the strongest exclusive lined up for Christmas so it is not shocking.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I saw a ps5 once on a shelf. I think a series x once.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The PS5 has no games.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It does yeah

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I would really like to play Demon's Souls remake and the FF7 Remake content we didn't get on the PS4, but not enough to want to spend even MSRP on a PS5. I will keep holding out vain hope that there will be PC ports eventually.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
The recent round of FPS boost games has been really cool, playing fallout 3 & new vegas at 60 fps rules. I know its old news for PC players but it's nice to have on console for a change.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I like Exo One, not much depth to it but the movement mechanics are way fun. Using the environment to glide from ramp to ramp feels like a more advanced form of skiing in Tribes, and it's at least as satisfying to pull it off. And then gliding from cloud to cloud feels just a little bit like Spider-Man, managing speed in relation to altitude. Skipping like a stone across the surface of the water planet was neat too. I wish they built more of a game around the movement though. At least it's nice to look at. Good game to wind down with.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Live At Five! posted:

The recent round of FPS boost games has been really cool, playing fallout 3 & new vegas at 60 fps rules. I know its old news for PC players but it's nice to have on console for a change.

I’ve been playing Oblivion non-stop since it got FPS boost. It’s incredible.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Professor Beetus posted:

I would really like to play Demon's Souls remake and the FF7 Remake content we didn't get on the PS4, but not enough to want to spend even MSRP on a PS5. I will keep holding out vain hope that there will be PC ports eventually.

Weren't there some leaks a few months ago strongly hinting that Demon Souls at least would probably get a PC port at some point, even if they keep it exclusive for a while.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Deptfordx posted:

Weren't there some leaks a few months ago strongly hinting that Demon Souls at least would probably get a PC port at some point, even if they keep it exclusive for a while.

Oh yeah its right over here with all my Bloodborne on PC info

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
How is Oblivion? People seem to rate it really low in comparison to Morrowind and Skyrim.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Seltzer posted:

How is Oblivion? People seem to rate it really low in comparison to Morrowind and Skyrim.

it sucks poo poo

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

it sucks poo poo

It's pretty good

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

It sucks poo poo on console, it's pretty good on PC because mods, specifically the ones that fix enemy scaling.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

better xbox 360 games than oblivion:

jurassic: the hunted
two worlds
sneak king
hannah montana: the movie: the game
that broken terrible phone port of gta san andreas that was missing most of the music and had multiple game-breaking mission bugs

worse xbox 360 games than oblivion:
mass effect 3
army of two: the devils cartel, the worst game of its console generation

SCheeseman posted:

It sucks poo poo on console, it's pretty good on PC because mods, specifically the ones that fix enemy scaling.

that doesn't fix the unbelievably, indescribably boring and generic fantasy world it takes place in, which was its actual biggest flaw. it also doesn't fix the obviously copy + pasted dungeons which was its second biggest flaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

acksplode posted:

I like Exo One, not much depth to it but the movement mechanics are way fun. Using the environment to glide from ramp to ramp feels like a more advanced form of skiing in Tribes, and it's at least as satisfying to pull it off. And then gliding from cloud to cloud feels just a little bit like Spider-Man, managing speed in relation to altitude. Skipping like a stone across the surface of the water planet was neat too. I wish they built more of a game around the movement though. At least it's nice to look at. Good game to wind down with.

I think this is why I’m drawn to it. I’m on like the 4th planet or something and I just don’t seem to be understanding how to get to some of these light points without manually rolling the ball slowly up a hill because there are no ways to ramp the ball in the direction I need to go…