Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

axolotl farmer posted:

Honest Merchant. Never tried it since I play on PS4.
https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/607

I play on PS4 nowadays to avoid hackers but I want to try some stuff on PC again. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
convergence is that good, huh? i'll check it out.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
The holy trinity of mods for baseline Dark Souls 3 invasions are: Blue Sentinel, Honest Merchant and Wex Dust.

Blue Sentinel is easy to install, you just copy and paste it into Dark Souls III folder.

HM and WD are both loaded with dinput8.dll, but luckily there is a text document part of HM that allows WD to be loaded as a different .dll.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Convergence update: holy gently caress this rules, it’s like a brand new game

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcq2xF7esjM

Right at the end of DS3 Saint Riot manages to record the perfect invasion. It's pretty long but if you have the time it's worth watching in full, a entire saga takes place over the half hour

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i wasn't fully on board until the second red phantom showed up and then i was invested. this has real mound makers energy

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Saint Riot is the most fun to watch of all the Soulsborne streamers, and that video is just more proof.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Chase, Saint, Lost, Prod, and Akari are prob my fave invaders. They're just fun to watch, they take the game seriously enough to get good and let their personalities shine but not seriously enough to spam glitches and make things unpleasant for their opponents.

Someone like Jeenine, I see his skill and his influence but I don't like that he has the One invasion loadout he brings to the table and how he always has his finger on dumping a load on poo poo on the ground at the first sign of dissatisfaction.

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

While Jeenine is impressive on a technical level, his playstyle is toxic af. Glitch abuser should just go to hell.

Sadly it seems Estus Cancel and Move Swapping is still in ER:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHNOUJHz_6Q

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

giZm posted:

Saint Riot is the most fun to watch of all the Soulsborne streamers, and that video is just more proof.
:hai:

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
farming covenant items is hellish. working on mound-makers (trying to get the plat on this game for once), and I got like 15 shackles dropping my red soap in front of pontiff on my lunch break, then played after work for like three hours and maybe got four lol

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

g-c posted:

farming covenant items is hellish. working on mound-makers (trying to get the plat on this game for once), and I got like 15 shackles dropping my red soap in front of pontiff on my lunch break, then played after work for like three hours and maybe got four lol

If you are playing on PS4/5, I can help. But usually you can just grab someone from the thread, and have them summon you over and over then just jumping off a cliff so you get the shackle.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

HaB posted:

If you are playing on PS4/5, I can help. But usually you can just grab someone from the thread, and have them summon you over and over then just jumping off a cliff so you get the shackle.

I am on PS4/5, but I got the remaining 7 or 8 I needed on this lunch break and went back to work. Apparently all the bad players are online around noon CST lmao

now i need.... 30 Sunlight medals and 30 blades of the darkmoon. can I get sunlight medals from being red summoned like I did with the shackles?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

g-c posted:

Mound makers is the easy and fun one. Don’t play fair. Invade the post pontiff area. Find people in a fight. Pick to help whoever is most likely to get you that shackle.

Enhance your pvp by getting the obscuring ring first.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Get sunlight medals from being a good Sunbro and beating bosses. Drop your sign at an appropriate fog gate :getin:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
What level and what build are you? Because depending on your loadout, you can basically print Sunlight Medals at certain locations.

Nameless King and Friede are very fast farms if you know what you're doing. They're co-op hotspots.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese

Phobophilia posted:

What level and what build are you? Because depending on your loadout, you can basically print Sunlight Medals at certain locations.

Nameless King and Friede are very fast farms if you know what you're doing. They're co-op hotspots.

SL122 ( i think ) and dark/chaos build. ill try there for sure though

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

When are good times to start the dlcs?

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Right now would be a good time, but after dinner is also okay.

Painted World SL60+, Ringed City SL80+

giZm fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Nov 22, 2021

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
They are all very post-game level difficulty

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Any time after 11pm, usually

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

There are some good items in the painted world that you can do a suicide run for.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
You can do Painted World's beginning with a +6 weapon (so, right when you have access to it), but some parts of it and especially the boss at the end will require you to be much better geared to have a good time. Using items from the DLC itself, you can get a weapon to +10 and try to do its final boss asap, but...I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a very good plan.

Second DLC requires you to either finish the first or almost the entire game, so it's a hard gate for progress/skill there anyway.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
Finished a run of Convergence 2.1 and it is indeed fantastic. Even the minor quality of life changes are very good and improves the experience of traversing the more annoying areas in vanilla.

I will say though that the class where you start with all stats at 0 is really only for masochists. 90 levels just to catch up with a regular SL1 character means if you pick that class you won't have access to the new magic system for quite a while.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Simply Simon posted:

You can do Painted World's beginning with a +6 weapon (so, right when you have access to it), but some parts of it and especially the boss at the end will require you to be much better geared to have a good time. Using items from the DLC itself, you can get a weapon to +10 and try to do its final boss asap, but...I wouldn't recommend it unless you have a very good plan.

Second DLC requires you to either finish the first or almost the entire game, so it's a hard gate for progress/skill there anyway.

You can basically suicide rush Painted World for large titanite shards as soon as you get to the cathedral, heck that's probably the best option for a SL1 run. Unfortunately, there are only two titanite chunks in PWoA, and they're gated behind a rather difficult NPC miniboss (that you can luckily cheese punt off a ledge). Afterwards, there are several slabs, but they're not of use until you have 12 chunks total.

Fortunately you should be able to kill Dancer with a +7 weapon, and behind her are a ton of chunks.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Promethium posted:

Finished a run of Convergence 2.1 and it is indeed fantastic. Even the minor quality of life changes are very good and improves the experience of traversing the more annoying areas in vanilla.

I will say though that the class where you start with all stats at 0 is really only for masochists. 90 levels just to catch up with a regular SL1 character means if you pick that class you won't have access to the new magic system for quite a while.

the trick with lost soul is 1) run to cathedral as quickly as possible to grab rosaria's soul and make lacerating fists, they do a LOT, and 2) you can put equipment on to bump your stats up high enough for things. that's how the masochists that do lost soul sl1 runs do it.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Oh my god Friede

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Oh my god Friede

I love Friede so much. Def in my top 3 souls bosses

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I think you could either remove the first phase or lower the health of each of the phases a bit and I think it would be a better fight, though the fake out with the last phase is almost worth being a three phase boss fight.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Friede should be removed from the second phase so it’s a bigger whoa moment when she gets back up

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

skasion posted:

Friede should be removed from the second phase so it’s a bigger whoa moment when she gets back up

Absolutely, the WTF moment of going Super Hard Boss to Super Hard Boss to WTF!? Both BOSSES??? would be so awesome.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Are there any tricks to her or is she just as insanely loving hard as she seems

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

She doesn't have poise on alot of her combo strings so knocking her out of attacks is actually a good way to avoid getting hit, but with that said she'll still probably the hardest fight in the game

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Keep in mind: stuck throwing knives/arrows are visible even if she isn't.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Yeah, and arrows are quite nice in general for phase 3.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Bring Gael, make sure he survives to round 3.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

She has almost no poise. Beat on her a few times but don't get greedy.

P1: when she goes invisible she always jumps directly overhead, whip the camera around 180 degrees and you'll see her kick up debris where she lands.

P2: she becomes significantly less aggro, wail on the big guy and eventually she'll try to heal him. Pop her for some free damage.

P3: She becomes extremely aggro but caves to ranged attacks if you're playing a caster build. Great Soul Dregs & Chaos Bed Vestiges make quick work of her. If you're pure melee bait her combos and attack when they finish. When she goes invisible she'll fan out and try to shoot ice at you, finding her is easy and she'll be open to some free hits while winding up.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Just summon the two goons in her foyer and go in and 3v1(?) them, she’s loving hard as poo poo and her dash grab moves are horseshit

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

iirc backstabs work too it's just a matter of getting access to her back in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i'm still convinced the final DLC's boss is one of the best final series bosses in any game, that fight is incredible and thematic