Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I think in light of recent information it's more likely that you simply cannot wear hats under water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Marzzle posted:

tbh people here are more thinskinned about the aspects of paranormal stuff that sorta crosses into the realm of religion/spiritually/etc

it’s not thinskinned to have no tolerance for garbage people who’ve been stuck in a state of arrested development for twenty years and still post like they’re trying to win approval from papa lowtax/their fellow 4chan anons

notice how as soon as you chilled in the thread people began just engaging you normally, because most of us are in fact skeptical of these topics beneath the shitposting and simply want at least one thread in CSPAM where people can feel comfortable to post sincerely without being hassled by losers, it’s when some semi-literate manchild motherfucker trundles in to wave their little dick around and get piss on the floor that regulars here get nasty, because nobody wants to see that and it only serves to drive away people who might have something interesting to say

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

The semi-literate man child is a cryptid that hasn't been spotted in some time, weird they don't show up anymore now that we have cell phone cameras

munce
Oct 23, 2010

orb truth

Sky Net is real That is a FAKE SUN in the Sky, they call it SYNLIGHT
These are Sphere's and they spray us. 1st pic is of a sphere with what looks like a hologram of a plane around it, Fake plane, the other pics are obvious what they are
https://twitter.com/jconnor19662/status/1263205004984422400

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

MK Ultra / Dyson Sphere / Terminator mashup is a fun new one

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

munce posted:

orb truth

These are Sphere's and they spray us. 1st pic is of a sphere with what looks like a hologram of a plane around it, Fake plane, the other pics are obvious what they are

Merging neatly with chem trails lol

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
My oldest friend is a pilot for Southwest and I give him poo poo all the time about spraying chemtrails.

He flew A-10s in Afghanistan and said he saw all sorts of weird poo poo in the skies but I haven't gotten specifics out of him, yet.

His one story about Area 51, when he was in training, is that he flew near it and turned on the camera to one of his missiles and panned the camera around the site. When he got back to base his CO told him to knock that poo poo off, that there was nothing he needed to see there. :tinfoil:

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

munce posted:

orb truth

its not that chem trails aren't real, but the planes are orbs

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Going to start a rumor that the National Park Service has a secret special forces team that's been fighting the alliance of Sasquatch, Hide Behinds, and Drop Bears.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

my bony fealty posted:

for some reason the greys need their big bald heads exposed to the alien sun for them to work properly

:shrug::tinylue::shrug:

solar powered probe machines

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Feral Integral posted:

its not that chem trails aren't real, but the planes are orbs

:tinfoil:

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Gotta admit, “bigfoots are aliens who occasionally visit” is more plausible than “bigfoots are primates/protohumans we haven’t found yet”.

just a bunch of big smelly Wookiees who occasionally vacation in the Pacific Northwest

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Bob Socko posted:

Gotta admit, “bigfoots are aliens who occasionally visit” is more plausible than “bigfoots are primates/protohumans we haven’t found yet”.

just a bunch of big smelly Wookiees who occasionally vacation in the Pacific Northwest

that is my second favorite part of bigfoot lore, that they might be aliens

my favorite is that the bigfoot in the patterson gimlin film has gigantic tits and no one ever talks about it

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
i am ready to believe the lasered whales and submarine warfare

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTysJGiRhIs

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

the surest proof that there is in fact no ultra-advanced ancient civilization living in the oceans of earth is that they have still not annihilated us

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Wheeee posted:

the surest proof that there is in fact no ultra-advanced ancient civilization living in the oceans of earth is that they have still not annihilated us

now, alien research bases on the other hand...

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Log082 posted:

now, alien research bases on the other hand...

came here to determine if we're a potential future threat, immediately realized yes, but sticking around because it's looking like we'll self-solve the problem before the federation has to get its hands dirty

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Wheeee posted:

came here to determine if we're a potential future threat, immediately realized yes, but sticking around because it's looking like we'll self-solve the problem before the federation has to get its hands dirty

alien Lues, swapping bets on whether global warming will get us before something stupid causes a nuclear war

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Bob Socko posted:

(Disclosure; I’m from the PNW and “saw” a “Bigfoot” once with my old man)

Coincidentally I’m reading a well-reviewed book on Samsquanch right now, and it’s presenting some fairly convincing evidence something is out there. But it doggedly refuses to entertain the notion that it could be anything other than a flesh and blood, 100% corporeal mammal that has somehow evaded capture/killing/leaving remains.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

would like to see 'something' so i can go from shitposting to true believing and embrace the peanuts

Fly Ricky posted:

But it doggedly refuses to entertain the notion that it could be anything other than a flesh and blood, 100% corporeal mammal that has somehow evaded capture/killing/leaving remains.

like someone else already posted, at this point if there's a sasquatch out there it's a hell of a lot more likely to be some weird spirit bullshit than a flesh and blood large primate that's somehow gone undetected to this point in the PNW of all places which is just fuckin lol

ghosts are a less stupid idea

Wheeee has issued a correction as of 08:09 on Nov 28, 2021

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

saskatchewans are real!

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Wheeee posted:

would like to see 'something' so i can go from shitposting to true believing and embrace the peanuts

like someone else already posted, at this point if there's a sasquatch out there it's a hell of a lot more likely to be some weird spirit bullshit than a flesh and blood large primate that's somehow gone undetected to this point in the PNW of all places which is just fuckin lol

ghosts are a less stupid idea

I dunno. I mean just outside of seattle? Nah, but there are places in the PNW where there is very little population and coincidentally a majority of the people that are there say they believe/have seen bigfoot. I mean thousands of square miles where humans rarely go, and a primate actively trying to avoid the big smelly loud humans wouldn't have all that hard a time of it. There are a few hundred thousand gorillas left in the wild and nobody believed those stories for a very long time. If we were talking about a population of 5k or less in some of the extreme remote heavily forested areas it could *maybe* be possible.

It's similar to birds. People say what about evidence, when the evidence is that thousands upon thousands of people for hundreds of years have been screaming they exist, footprints, etc. It's not 4k video camera evidence but it isn't nothing either.

At the same time, bears are known to walk on hind legs and people are bad at identifying wildlife so eh.

Edit: If there is a bigfoot I think the yeti in the extreme remote himalayas is more likely.

D-Pad has issued a correction as of 08:23 on Nov 28, 2021

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

its summer here in convict land and i tried many times to post something about the phantasmogorical smack in the face that is actually Venus at this time of year in roughly the southern hemisphere

you know how sometimes an old word or phrase hits you with new meaning? this one was 'technicolour' and erase all that 80s poo poo and cyber crap. the lovely lady was changing dresses faster than my brain could click.

all the colours and all the transitions between them over and over and over

gratitude to the sky at max

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

the fundamentalists might actually be right here, stopped clock rule, about this one thing...Earth is special. We have eclipses and moments where we can loving see sense and prove things happening way far beyond what a mere image can portray.

we got a black hole selfie. we sent two voyagers out. we split atoms.

if it was Usktuh the Destroyr who placed earth here and now or some dick from some old book makes no difference!

Earth is unique and it loving kills me with pride and shame simultaneously

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

and by sending voyagers out i mean loving OUT

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

imagine we are some other planets bird issue lol

BIRDS! in my atmosphere?
its more likely than you think

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

D-Pad posted:

I dunno. I mean just outside of seattle? Nah, but there are places in the PNW where there is very little population and coincidentally a majority of the people that are there say they believe/have seen bigfoot. I mean thousands of square miles where humans rarely go, and a primate actively trying to avoid the big smelly loud humans wouldn't have all that hard a time of it. There are a few hundred thousand gorillas left in the wild and nobody believed those stories for a very long time. If we were talking about a population of 5k or less in some of the extreme remote heavily forested areas it could *maybe* be possible.

It's similar to birds. People say what about evidence, when the evidence is that thousands upon thousands of people for hundreds of years have been screaming they exist, footprints, etc. It's not 4k video camera evidence but it isn't nothing either.

At the same time, bears are known to walk on hind legs and people are bad at identifying wildlife so eh.

Edit: If there is a bigfoot I think the yeti in the extreme remote himalayas is more likely.

this is fair

but people have specifically gone looking for them quite a few times over the past hundred or so years and come up with jack poo poo, even UFOs have more documented 'evidence'

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Wear the hat p'nut

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

m'nutty *tips fedora*

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Jazerus posted:

m'nutty *tips fedora*
Lmao

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Slavvy posted:

I think in light of recent information it's more likely that you simply cannot wear hats under water.

they're just reaching for the alien shore.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jazerus posted:

m'nutty *tips fedora*

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Jazerus posted:

m'nutty *tips fedora*

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Jazerus posted:

m'nutty *tips fedora*

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Jazerus posted:

m'nutty *tips fedora*

Mr. Barnesworth
Jun 28, 2008

I said GOOD DAY, sir!
samsquantches live in the canopy of the PNW swinging from branch to branch amongst the douglas firs, and are very rarely on the ground. Which is why they are so very very sneaky. They aren't ape-men, they are monkey-men.

I'm not sure if I've ever heard bigfoot folk make this suggestion, they jumped straight to phased-interdimensional beings once the 'wilderness' got filled with thousands of hunters/wildlife biologist's cameras.
A vast majority(+70%) of black bear dens west of the cascades are 70ft up in the trees not in the ground, so why not bigfoot?

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
About a decade ago I was stalked by something for four straight days in the wilderness northwest of Vancouver, at the point it started I was a minimum two day hike in any direction from civilization. My route required cable car crossings over deep river channels with no nearby foot crossings. Don't know what it was, know 100% it was not a bear or a cougar and it was large.

That valley is filled with First Nations petrogyphs and for thousands of years is where the local bands were sent for coming of age rituals. Fascinating imagery, nothing remotely cryptid or woo that I saw.

Most Americans do not appreciate the vast amount of uninhabited terrain north immediately north of the border in the PNW, the states is overpopulated to a depressing degree with nothing remotely comparable outside of Alaska.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Rime posted:

About a decade ago I was stalked by something for four straight days

Jazerus posted:

m'nutty *tips fedora*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Rah! posted:

aitee thousand Luegues under the sea