Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Wayneradiotv, the guy behind Half Life but the AI is Self Aware has finally deemed another series worthy of getting the effort edit treatment: his streams of Half Life Alyx But The Gnome Can Talk. And boy they are good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaHrneT9BfU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_4Wjb99fA4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Captain Invictus posted:

banned again lol

Yup. For saying slurs. As they love to do.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

who's they

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i have no idea who this Elvis the Alien person is and they use a ton of memes, but they did a retrospective on one of my favourite dumbest films of all time, the Resident Evil Alice series and they aren't one of those "but these films do not uphold the sanctity of the original game plot!!!" type of videos. guy loves them as I do and that's sufficient:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk5cUoSRaPE

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I've only seen a few of his videos, but he does do some good stuff on terrible horror movies from what I have seen. Resident Evil series fits, because yeah they're like... bad? But also they kinda rule in spite, and also because, of it.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Better than the new Resident Evil movie at any rate

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Alaois posted:

who's they

Presumably forums poster cum

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Interesting. Now, do we have to be concerned that Vtubers are a tenuous existence as the entire concept could be toppled if they were sued by any former rantsona youtubers?

Archer666 posted:

Vtubers are an extension of the Idol industry and holy gently caress is the Idol industry a horrible place.

Oh no, how bad exactly? Do they lose rights to their organs if they decide to quit in the contracts or is it like the 'you pay us 40% of your salary to quit' situation from Sinclair Broadcast Group a few years ago?

Alaois posted:

god where is cum when you need him

Captain Invictus posted:

banned again lol

Jamie Faith posted:

Yup. For saying slurs. As they love to do.

Alaois posted:

who's they

I wasn't even part of this conversation and I followed it just fine.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Oh no, how bad exactly? Do they lose rights to their organs if they decide to quit in the contracts or is it like the 'you pay us 40% of your salary to quit' situation from Sinclair Broadcast Group a few years ago?
What I appreciate most about Sinclair is penalizing stations for failing to run political segments by their insane management, but also giving the most dogshit equipment possible to receive those must runs. So due to contractual obligation they will knowingly cut to an audioless black screen.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

RareAcumen posted:

Interesting. Now, do we have to be concerned that Vtubers are a tenuous existence as the entire concept could be toppled if they were sued by any former rantsona youtubers?
what

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
Mother's Basement dropped a video on the waking nightmare that is the live action Netflix Cowboy Bebop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gNCvrcztbQ

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

What's great is this fits better than the actual ad

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I really wanted to hope the live-action Cowboy Bebop could turn out good, it looked like it could at one time, but christ alive.

Also the RE movies more suck because they're bad in the first place, but then tread on a fun series and just sort of hijack characters to be bit parts next to boring rear end Alice and don't use much of the fun stuff from the series either.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Nuns with Guns posted:

Mother's Basement dropped a video on the waking nightmare that is the live action Netflix Cowboy Bebop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gNCvrcztbQ

:perfect:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Jamie Faith posted:

New Cosmonaut Marcus!

"Why I Hate Live-Action Anime Adaptations"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9I-s2UwxZk&t=181s

I clicked on this video and it’s just a guy saying “because they alllllllll suck” and then staring unblinking at the camera for a quarter of an hour

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Yardbomb posted:

Also the RE movies more suck because they're bad in the first place, but then tread on a fun series and just sort of hijack characters to be bit parts next to boring rear end Alice and don't use much of the fun stuff from the series either.

Yeah, like, it's cool that Paul WS Anderson loves his wife and gets to put her in movies but it kind of sucks that every other character has to be in awe of how awesome Alice is. I think it's the second movie where Jill almost gets allowed to do something cool twice but has it cut off at the knees so Alice can come in and show everyone that she is in fact the best (original character do not steal).

Also in an incredibly camp, over the top film series they manage somehow to make Wesker boring.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Fil5000 posted:

I think it's the second movie where Jill almost gets allowed to do something cool twice but has it cut off at the knees so Alice can come in and show everyone that she is in fact the best (original character do not steal).

I think it's the second one and yeah, that scene in particular I know pissed a bunch of fans off because like, it's Resident Evil, Jill is around and you want to see her do cool stuff, not get her moment sniped by superwife.

Then they do the same to Claire and Chris later in the actual Wesker fight, they start it off mostly, then get shoved into some dumb tubes and Alice jacks the fight again.

Like why even bother bringing the cool series characters in if you're gonna do lame bullshit like that every time.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Nov 28, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I wasn't even part of this conversation and I followed it just fine.

I was confused because ive only seen forum poster cum in this thread and the only thing they seemed to love to do was post about wanting to have sex with dog vtuber korone

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Cum got banned for posting the f-slur in C-SPAM, I believe.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Yardbomb posted:

I think it's the second one and yeah, that scene in particular I know pissed a bunch of fans off because like, it's Resident Evil, Jill is around and you want to see her do cool stuff, not get her moment sniped by superwife.

Then they do the same to Claire and Chris later in the actual Wesker fight, they start it off mostly, then get shoved into some dumb tubes and Alice jacks the fight again.

Like why even bother bringing the cool series characters in if you're gonna do lame bullshit like that every time.

And then they kill off ALL the game characters off screen in between movie 5 and 6 so Alice can save the world by herself.
(Yes I know Wesker is still alive, but he gets basically replaced by a movie-only villain who was supposed to have been dead already)

DeafNote fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Nov 28, 2021

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
All I remember from Final Chapter is that Wesker had a door drop on his foot and he's suddenly out of the movie entirely

The RE movie series was more of an exhausting experience and looking back at it, I really should have just stopped at 3

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

the only thing they seemed to love to do was post about wanting to have sex with dog vtuber korone

and this wasn't a giant red flag to you, why exactly?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Libluini posted:

and this wasn't a giant red flag to you, why exactly?

Youre right, liking vtubers is a red flag

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

MechaX posted:

All I remember from Final Chapter is that Wesker had a door drop on his foot and he's suddenly out of the movie entirely

The RE movie series was more of an exhausting experience and looking back at it, I really should have just stopped at 3

I stopped at 2 when they made Jill sort of job to show how cool Alice is. "Jill tosses a match behind her to make something explode... but it goes out. Alice throws a WHOLE MATCHBOOK and it explodes!" I've seen bits and pieces but it's not really Resident Evil and Resident Evil is mostly 'fights zombies' so it's not that hard to be Resident Evil.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

There are no good live action video game movies, so I'm always surprised when people get excited for yet another one. They can atbest become decent enough action movies like the RE or Tomb Raider ones but those do so at the cost of throwing away what the games are about.
Video game licences are just a way for the suits(not even the creators) to get more money and I'll never understand why people keep treating it as anything else. Movie tie in games are derided but have an infinitely higher success rate than game tie in movies.

But then again some people got excited for western live action adaptations of anime like Cowboy Beebop which also always suck, so it's probably just nerds having their brains fried in general.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mortal Kombat is good.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Detective Pikachu :japan:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

Mortal Kombat is good.

I love this movie.

The fact the games themselves have taken a lot of ideas from said movie is pretty indicative also I think. I don't know any other video games which have taken so many ideas from their film counterparts. Although RE games love to copy Film RE1's laser hallway.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Nov 28, 2021

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Alaois posted:

I was confused because ive only seen forum poster cum in this thread and the only thing they seemed to love to do was post about wanting to have sex with dog vtuber korone

They posted slurs itt a couple times

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Both Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter are good. Detective Pickachu is a distant third.

On the live action anime front Deathnote has a good movie.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

They posted slurs itt a couple times

how could cum do this

Terrible Opinions posted:

Both Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter are good. Detective Pickachu is a distant third.

the live action death note movie adaptations of the manga are better than the anime adaptation lol

vvvv: yeah

Alaois fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 28, 2021

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think the Japanese live action Death Note movies have a better end than the manga/anime. Mostly because it has L defeating Light instead of the deeply unsatisfying Near/Mellow arc.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Near/Mellow are peak conceptually interesting storybeat, but bad execution.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The problem with the Near/Mellow arc is that it replaces a good character that people liked with two new characters who are nowhere near as interesting.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
i would rather see a slur than a vtuber tbh

fun hater
May 24, 2009

the above is a spell to summon that one guy to breathlessly defend them in the worst way possible in the hopes that the topic will be verboten in here as well

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

fun hater posted:

the above is a spell to summon that one guy to breathlessly defend them in the worst way possible in the hopes that the topic will be verboten in here as well

Hi I'm the temp for today.

So which slur you looking for exactly, something about Romani or you more of an antique connisuer for ways to denigrate African Americans?

fun hater
May 24, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Hi I'm the temp for today.

So which slur you looking for exactly, something about Romani or you more of an antique connisuer for ways to denigrate African Americans?

i would like to see one that i didnt even know was a thing. can you surprise me?

fun hater
May 24, 2009

give me one of those extremely specific french colonization terms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Terrible Opinions posted:

Street Fighter is a bit too stupid to be “good” but I’ve come around on it otherwise.