Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lostconfused posted:

He only took photos with them in gear and participated in their training.

Nobody is willing to admit or show evidence of him being in combat.

Considering Lukashenko allowed LDNR prosecutors to talk to Protasevich, and they never proceeded with their criminal investigations on his involvement, it's safe to say he either wasn't really involved in any military operation, or Lukashenko and LDNR higher-ups have no principles and would allow a dangerous nazi mercenary go scot-free simply for saying Lukashenko has balls of steel.

Paladinus has issued a correction as of 20:50 on Nov 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

I think the Millennium Challenge has reached "plane on a treadmill" status in terms of message board arguments

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The United States would definitely lose a war with China over Taiwan, is the thing.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The United States would definitely lose a war with China over Taiwan, is the thing.

The US lost a war with North Korea, lmao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Pizza Segregationist posted:

I think the Millennium Challenge has reached "plane on a treadmill" status in terms of message board arguments

it is time for the millennium challenge challenge

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

and it pisses them off!!!

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
yeah, i cant beat you in a fair fight, but i can beat you in acting like a major bitch!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

we can have the goon millennium challenge where you click on the log out button

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

we can have the goon millennium challenge where you click on the log out button

I do that all the time by accident :colbert:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

OpFor cheated by disguising the logout link by falsely claiming to contain AOC feet pictures. This is a war crime and I'm sick of falling for it.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

War games are often created to test out and train in certain scenarios, procedures and capabilities. They aren't just "who would win in a fight??" open brawls.

So even if ripper hadn't pulled some bullshit, "refloating" and resetting the exercises to test out what they wanted to test out made sense.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

oh poo poo that owns

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Mantis42 posted:

OpFor cheated by disguising the logout link by falsely claiming to contain AOC feet pictures. This is a war crime and I'm sick of falling for it.

It's how you beat an army of Smythes.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

https://twitter.com/Mango_Press_/status/1464944236672036867?s=20

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Maximo Roboto posted:

Lo, the dead speak! Always a marvel to hear the hoarse croakings of a withered wraith after I absolutely slaughtered your dumb rear end like a savage

lmao you are absolutely delusional

post more about how the yellow mans are doing debt trap investments all over africa you racist pig

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Practically all embassies send you stuff, if you ask nicely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbix9y8iV38

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

RAND disagrees :v:

quote:

By 2025, enhanced Chinese A2AD will have shrunk the gap between Chinese and U.S. military losses: Chinese losses would still be very heavy; U.S. losses, though less than China’s, could be much heavier than in a 2015 war. Even as U.S. military victory became less likely, Chinese victory would remain elusive. Because both sides would be able to continue to inflict severe losses, neither one would likely be willing to accept defeat. History offers no encouragement that destructive but stalemated fighting induces belligerents to agree to stop. A severe, lengthy, militarily inconclusive war would weaken and leave both powers vulnerable to other threats.

The prospect of a military standoff means that war could eventually be decided by nonmilitary factors. These should favor the United States now and in the future. Although war would harm both economies, damage to China’s could be catastrophic and lasting: on the order of a 25–35 percent reduction in Chinese gross domestic product (GDP) in a yearlong war, compared with a reduction in U.S. GDP on the order of 5–10 percent. Even a mild conflict, unless ended promptly, could weaken China’s economy. A long and severe war could ravage China’s economy, stall its hard-earned development, and cause widespread hardship and dislocation.

Such economic damage could in turn aggravate political turmoil and embolden separatists in China. Although the regime and its security forces presumably could withstand such challenges, doing so might necessitate increased oppressiveness, tax the capacity, and undermine the legitimacy of the Chinese regime in the midst of a very difficult war. In contrast, U.S. domestic partisan skirmishing could handicap the war effort but not endanger societal stability, much less the survival of the state, no matter how long and harsh the conflict, so long as it remains conventional. Escalating cyberwarfare, while injurious to both sides, could worsen China’s economic problems and impede the government’s ability to control a restive population.

International responses could, on balance, also favor the United States in a long and severe war: The support of U.S. East Asian allies could hurt China’s military chances; responses of Russia, India, and NATO would have less impact; and NATO could neutralize Russian opportunistic threats in Europe. Japan’s entry would be likely if the nation were party to the underlying dispute and almost certain if its territory (where U.S. bases are) were attacked. With Tokyo’s more permissive interpretation of constitutional limits on use of force and programmed improvements in Japanese military capabilities, Japan’s entry could make a difference by 2025 in the course and results of war. Heightened turmoil in the Middle East could be harmful to both Chinese and U.S. interests.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

"i am canadian"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Judakel posted:

"i am canadian"

They'll know from your size you're an American.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Judakel posted:

"i am canadian"

they follow up with basic geography questions but nice try yank

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Trabisnikof posted:

RAND disagrees :v:

The A in RAND stands for "ANA energy"

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/superloafcat/status/1464277949771915266

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
china owns

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Judakel posted:

"i am canadian"

What do I care how you call your dumb American states?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

holy crap thats amazing

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They came for golfers. Golfers.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Judakel posted:

"i am canadian"

30% tariff for arresting Meng Wanzhou

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/ArtyomLukin/status/1465013080807682057

why would putin do this

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley
Reading Xi's book (it's good read it) and boy it sure does seem like the CPC is not actually isolationist but rather the American "left" is a bunch of obstinate dorks who can't cum unless they're smelling their own farts so they don't reach out.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Agrajag posted:

lmao you are absolutely delusional

post more about how the yellow mans are doing debt trap investments all over africa you racist pig

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

IAMKOREA posted:

I don't doubt that China would kick America's rear end but isn't the point of that kind of wargame to lose so that you get more money from congress?

Depends on if media advertise them. If you advertise them like the hypersonic missile thing yes is a congress budget scam. But if nobody advertise them with a speaker then they actually lost the war games for real. This war game info came out a long time ago I probably would group it to the later category.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CaptainACAB posted:

Reading Xi's book (it's good read it) and boy it sure does seem like the CPC is not actually isolationist but rather the American "left" is a bunch of obstinate dorks who can't cum unless they're smelling their own farts so they don't reach out.

Have you read Obama's book?

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Paladinus posted:

Have you read Obama's book?

The only thing I want to read about Obunghole is his obituary.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Noblesse Obliged posted:

they follow up with basic geography questions but nice try yank

A lonnng time ago I went back to China for a quick visit during summer school break. At that time in the 90s there was no direct flight from GZ to NY, you had to go to HK to take the flight back. So on the way back inside the HK airport I got stop by a pretty old security guy who probably was looking for lone traffickers who went to US on fake passports. He asked me why I answered his questions in Chinese not English; and then demanded I tell him some US supermarket store names to prove that I had lived in the US.

I was so dumbfound by the sudden integration on the airport corridor walkway I literally could only remember one chain name. I imagine this is what the restaurant stuff test the fake Canadians. Spill Canadian store names! Well at least I know there is a Canadian Tires.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 01:36 on Nov 29, 2021

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It's Canadian Tire, singual, no s.

But big blow to Canadian picking that over Tim Hortons.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

or ask them what “please play again” is in French

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

buy your own drat fries

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
speaking of chinese war movies, has anyone seen The Eight Hundred?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gtf4eqR8Tic