Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
NSFW

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/qxdbjl/ostim_has_temporarily_ceased_development_due_to/

Never trust a modder who has to create a complex systrem for sex poses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

gyrobot posted:

NSFW

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/qxdbjl/ostim_has_temporarily_ceased_development_due_to/

Never trust a modder who has to create a complex systrem for sex poses.

H-E-H

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So what I'm to understand is someone made a mod that was a framework then hosed off to the ether for several years. This new mod comes in that uses that framework and it gets really popular. The original creator submarines and updates the mod to make the game unplayable and call the people who worked on the new mod pirates. Then not only did they hide the link to their framework mod, but stated they are going to abuse the DMCA system to do a third party copyright claim on the mod to get nexus to pull it off all together, since people can still download the mod through specific links.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
:nexus: strikes again, it seems

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

You are technically correct. The best kind of correct.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

:cursed:?

More like !BLESSED!

Although now I'm conflicted as to whether I want to replay Dark Souls 1, or start playing the Master Chief Collection.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Saw a Reddit thread and thought of you guys!

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/qxigjp/dovahkiins_infamy_the_worst_fucking_mod_in/

It's... a bit long to give you all of, so here's a taste:

quote:

Remember how all those npc's with positive dispositions towards you were fighting you earlier? It would be really lovely if the mod author forgot to reset their disposition towards you after the quest. Imagine being called a milk drinker by half of your former friends while the other half attack you on sight. Imagine having your spouse kick you out of your own home for trespassing. Wouldn't it really suck to try and complete the Dawnguard DLC when Serana is attacking you on sight? Or if every time you would step foot in the Sanctuary or the Ragged Flagon, Astrid or Brynjolf would try to kill you? What if the followers you had during the quest bugged out into a state of limbo, one where you could not dismiss them or kill them, even as they kept trying to kill you? That would be the mark of a truly awful mod, one that would permanently ruin a playthrough even after it was uninstalled.

I was wrong earlier, you do get a reward for completing the Jarl's Wife: a bunch of broken quests or a bunch of broken quests and the knowledge that your character no longer has any friends in the world. Take your pick. Either way, your save game is now unplayable.

No fancy conclusion. This mod broke me.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Midnight Voyager posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/qxigjp/dovahkiins_infamy_the_worst_fucking_mod_in/

Oh, this is tasty. I think there's room on this page for a few more highlights.

quote:

If you stick it out with Aela, Hircine spawns endless enemies on you. And I do mean endless. Everywhere you go with no respite. The endless scripted fighting doesn't end until you complete Hircine's tasks. One of which is to assassinate the Emperor. Yes, you have to complete the entire Dark Brotherhood questline while endless enemies try to kill you every step of the way. Even inside the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary! The real kicker is that you have to do all of these tasks as a werewolf in beast form. If you happen to lose your lycanthropy, either by curing it or becoming a vampire, or do not kill the Emperor while in beast form then you're hosed. No, not loverslab hosed, but you might as well start a new game kind of hosed. The quest will never end.

Say you do finally beat this quest. What is your reward? Absolutely nothing.

quote:

If the assassin survives, you can persuade her to become a lover. She will then immediately follow you until you find an area you will designate as her "home". Contrary to what you might expect, you do NOT want this to be in your actual home. She will get stuck in an endless loop forcegreeting you whenever you get close. Each time she does so, she will add a piece of stormcloak armor that she "made" into your inventory. Before I was able to escape Breezehome, I had enough armor to make 7 full sets of Stormcloak Officer gear.

quote:

The mod even tries to play out cutscenes as Mephala goes on and on about the mod author's epic fanfic backstory. The problem is that there's too many loving guards in the room, and the npc's related to the cutscene get stuck trying to path around them. There's also two full-length cinematic and unskippable sex scenes in this monologue so prepare to be here for at least 10 minutes. (...) Reinforcements show up to "help" you, but only make things worse. All of the guards look the same, friend or foe. If you accidentally hit one of your "friends" in that homogenous moshpit, you get a bounty and everyone kills you. (...) You can side with Nelkir and permanently kill Balgruuf, but the base game is completely unprepared to handle this, and future quests in Whiterun will irreparably break, if not cause immediate CTD's.

The Awful/Awesome Mods Thread: There's also two full-length cinematic and unskippable sex scenes in this monologue

Ariong fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Nov 26, 2021

Orv
May 4, 2011
In all the years of broken mods, broken brains and broken everything else that this thread has delivered that is a genuinely impressive amount of bullshit.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
And yes, there's someone defending the mod in the comments.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
one of the quests has multiple branching outcomes! sure, every single one of those outcomes is terrible and the finale features a gangbang by city guards but still.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

quote:

Nightmare - Your Player Character fondles themselves every time they sleep. Either that or they fantasize about sleeping with someone. Or they get r*ped. And it happens every. single. time. you sleep.

Excuse me, what the gently caress?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I was confused too until I clicked the link and saw that loverslab was mentioned. Now I’m not confused at all

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ainsley McTree posted:

I was confused too until I clicked the link and saw that loverslab was mentioned. Now I’m not confused at all

Yeah, that's dumb Slab crap, but the funniest part to me is how thoroughly it tanks your game.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

InfernoPlus's Dark Souls mod continues to get even more ridiculous and impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hloHo7cLZfY

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/59151

I love the aggressively careful politeness in this mod, a link to an older version of the Unofficial Patch for people who want/need it.

quote:

I did not create the file attached to the download link nor do I provide support for it. All credit goes to the Unofficial Patch Project Team for creating the attached file. I merely uploaded the file to Google Drive because the original authors are mentally unable to upload this older patch version themselves to Nexus due to strong negative emotions they feel towards people who prefer to play v1.5.97 of the game. We all have our problems in life, so please be considerate to the original authors of that mod and donate to them to financially support their psychiatric counselling.

I am unable to upload the file itself to Nexus because the mod authors specifically denied me permission to do so. If I do they have a right to report me. However, they can't prevent me from uploading it to Google Drive. So instead of providing you with the mod, I am providing you with a download link TO the mod instead: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10BJbPm3EgMcVB5ex9w1a-5vjIpvedxX4/view?usp=sharing

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Midnight Voyager posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/59151

I love the aggressively careful politeness in this mod, a link to an older version of the Unofficial Patch for people who want/need it.

And its already gone!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Gategate 2.0

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Gone from Google drive too, they work fast.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

What even is the difference between the available version and the one that was removed? Why would someone want the earliest one or why would Arthmoor( I assume it's him again) want to force people o to the latest one?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Arthmoor has this weird hosed up obsession with removing old versions so people would "stop reporting problems with the old version". He also has this morality thing where he declares that anyone using old versions must be pirates and he doesn't want to enable them.

Which falls flat on its face that now people are asking "where is this old version so I can use mods that didn't update within 36 hours of AE dropping" and I'm sure pirates are on top of having the latest version these days.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hel posted:

What even is the difference between the available version and the one that was removed? Why would someone want the earliest one or why would Arthmoor( I assume it's him again) want to force people o to the latest one?

Some people don't want to update to AE. Some people use VR so they NEED an old version because the newer one breaks for VR and Arthmoor doesn't support VR.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

So it really is just Artmoor being an rear end in a top hat for no good reason, big surprise.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hel posted:

So it really is just Artmoor being an rear end in a top hat for no good reason, big surprise.

Yep! If he put up the last version that worked on VR as a new file and got in a contributor from the VR modding community onboard, he could rake in the download points without any effort. Put it up as the Unofficial VR Patch or something. Or maybe he could just open permissions on it, as long as it requires the main file, so people could fix it for future bugs for VR. These things would all make people happy and not really constitute any extra effort on his part while giving him benefit.

At the same time, he could just leave up the last non-AE patch in Older Versions without hiding it. Doesn't have to update it, just leave it there specifically for people who haven't updated and mark it as such. No effort required.

Instead, he's pulled down some of his mods that didn't make many points anyway, leaving himself with a net loss. I genuinely don't understand what's going on in his head, other than constant yelling. I understand that people downloading mods are idiots and may ask dumb questions, but they do that anyway, it's not going to be a measurable difference.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The inside of Arthmoor's head is playing Andrew Ryan monologues at all times.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

On a different note, this is incredible,. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h10pd7vDytg

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Narcissus1916 posted:

On a different note, this is incredible,. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h10pd7vDytg

Read that original as Duke Smooch'em, was hoping there would be kissing involved.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Narcissus1916 posted:

Holy shitballs this is loving amazing.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Wrr posted:

Read that original as Duke Smooch'em, was hoping there would be kissing involved.

Why is it called Duke Smoochem, with a lipstick kiss in the logo?

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
The modder once had the notion to re-create the environment where UK (former) health minister Matt Hancock was caught kissing an aide on CCTV.

Scope creep expanded to recreating the UK from memes.

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."
I appreciate the destruction of Geronimo, the plague alpaca.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Geronimo Did Nothing Wrong

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I've seen that around and I don't get it at all but I'm intrigued

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Ariong posted:

Why is it called Duke Smoochem, with a lipstick kiss in the logo?

What, poo poo, you're right I didn't notice that! After realizing there wouldn't be much kissing in this I then figured "Smoochem" must be the name of some poo poo-rear end city in Britain, or a derogatory "Anywhere, USA" style name.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/59939

ahahahahaha

quote:

I've never liked Brunwulf Free-Winter's attitude towards the nationalist faction of Skyrim's Nord citizens. The lore of Skyrim (and the Elder Scrolls as whole franchise) makes it clear that nothing about the civil war is simple, which extends to everything related to it. Skyrim's Nords aren't racists; they just want to preserve their homeland.

This mod adds a small dialogue tree, which allows you to persuade Brunwulf to at least consider the other side's position, rather than writing off nationalist Nords as "bigots." The conclusion of your conversation provides the same outcome as agreeing with him: he likes you, and you can converse with him further on the affairs of Windhelm.

Consider the nationalists! Nationalists are not at all bigots!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Look, sure the NPCs all yell out that Skyrim belongs to the Nords; or that they'll skin the Khajiit; or that Orcs are filth; or that the elves should go home, but it's about national identity not racism.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Ghostlight posted:

Look, sure the NPCs all yell out that Skyrim belongs to the Nords; or that they'll skin the Khajiit; or that Orcs are filth; or that the elves should go home, but it's about national identity not racism.

or it's both since generally the active ingredient of national identity is racism

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

silentsnack posted:

or it's both since generally the active ingredient of national identity is racism

Look just because it's a core ingredient of literally every nationalist movement that's ever existed doesn't mean it applies here. This is fantasy, nobody has ever used fantasy as an allegory for real-life politics.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Midnight Voyager posted:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/59939

ahahahahaha

Consider the nationalists! Nationalists are not at all bigots!

Peak Liberalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

From the ds3 mod Archthrones https://twitter.com/archthrones