Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Mar 16, 1953)

Calvin and Hobbes (May 27-28, 1990)

No Blind Alley today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

readingatwork posted:

I still hear these songs in the exact tunes I imagined them as a kid...

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I could swear there's a second Okeedokee Corral Far Side, with a friendly cowboy telling the gunmen they want the place down the road. Was one edited into the other?

e:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Cake cries as Chako cackles

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

The part of Mr. Inari today is played by Ray Smuckles
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03162004

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Safety Dance posted:

The part of Mr. Inari today is played by Ray Smuckles
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=03162004
I have to admit, I localized this one with the various SA webcomics threads in mind.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Peanuts (December 1, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean: So we gathered every character in the strip together under one roof for no discernable reason and don't even get the lazy Norman Rockwell "tribute" out of the bargain. So there you are. Another pointless exercise.

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Life (In Which The Only Constant Of Late '25 Is A Recurring Absence Of Skippy), so Instead, let's start with John Held Jr. (November 26, 1925)

Charles Dana Gibson:

T.S. Sullivant:

And with the original east coast-west coast beef, W.F.(?) White (not a clue who this is, and when you Google "White cartoonist", you get all kinds of results you'd rather not have on your permanent record):

Swee'Pea's Mother: Taking The Baby Home (October 31 and November 7, 1937)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jucika "408 - Jucika's New House"

"Altató = sleeping pill"

"409 -Jucika's Success"

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Caphi posted:

I still hear these songs in the exact tunes I imagined them as a kid...

That Calvinball strip is one of my favorite C&H strips. The other one is sadly probably very realistic, since in it Calvin is being creative in a pretty non-disruptive way but is getting in trouble for it regardless. :(

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

riderchop posted:

post puppy

No pup 😭😫 Apparently someone else heard there was another applicant for him and beat me there by 20 minutes, and managed to get in line to adopt him before the adoption center even opened. I’m so sad, but worry not, we’re still in the market and I will post pup immediately. On the bright side, I saw the other couple and they already had another cheagle/behuahua, so he’ll be happy. I will provide a picture of the sweet old lady we’re trying to find a buddy for, though! Here she is, falling in love with my little sister:

Comics!

Classic Zits

Childhood is Hell

Lynda appearance!

Sylvia

Proof that cuffing season was happening long before we gave it a name.

Marlys!

I love how awkwardly they’re drawn. Reminds me of when I accidentally look in a mirror while dancing.

Intermittent Spotty

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Zerilan posted:

This week of classic reminds me of a comment awhile back about how predator and prey aside, there's just a general bigger = better than in K&K.

It's not even just "Kevin is a big hulking rabbit who can beat up predators" either, we've already seen numerous times that human sized insects are treated as regular people, but insect sized insects aren't. Lindsfarne makes friends with the human sized moth and firefly, but regularly chows down on the insect sized insects without a second thought.

EasyEW posted:

Crankshaft

"Kick a foot goal" sounds like the kind of things someone who dislikes sports would say as a "witty" comment to show how proud they are that they hate and are ignorant of sports, but I think Crankshaft is supposed to actually like football so I don't know what's going on there.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Dear Santa,

For Christmas this year, my one and only wish is for the Dustin writer to get fired and replaced by Norm Feuti.

Your friend,
Esplanade

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

readingatwork posted:

Olly-wolly polliwoggy ump bump fizz is a phrase that occasional reenters my mind and I am completely okay with that.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Good Listener posted:

Olly-wolly polliwoggy ump bump fizz is a phrase that occasional reenters my mind and I am completely okay with that.

Same. "Q to 12" is something that pops into my mind a lot too.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Selachian posted:

Brenda Starr 9/7/47
Or - hear me out - you could not marry him and instead refuse to have anything to do with him ever again. Just a thought.

I am extremely curious to find out what Brenda is thinking here though.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1979 comics

You know what always goes great? Telling an abuser to his face that you're onto him and that he just needs to go to therapy before you let him have access to his victim again. :angel: (I know this was the 70s and they probably thought that would actually work at the time, and at least they are showing all the lies he's weaving to protect himself from legal consequences and etc, but this arc has aged...badly)

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Mandrake

Johnny Hazard

90s Overboard

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Compu-toon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

THAT'S IN NEWSPAPERS BABEYYYY

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

riderchop posted:

I love that! It helps that I'm level 65 in SMTV right now. :unsmith:

Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

one more doe rejected

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

apropos of nothing but the foob storyline I'm reminded of the kid in my class who always had long curls and then one day rolled up with the Keith Flint double mohawk and to all of us who knew him it was just a completely natural development

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

riderchop posted:

After someone tricked Heathcliff into it, this marks the first intentional Persona reference in a newspaper

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I guess "fight Lucifer" is a lot easier to get past newspaper censors than "kill God."

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

I guess "fight Lucifer" is a lot easier to get past newspaper censors than "kill God."

You kill both, don't you?

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Everett False posted:

:argh:

I hope someone in 1931 wrote an angry letter to the editor about this.

Nobody did, because this was the first time it had ever been done and it was amazing.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell in: the job hunt (September 27 - October 3, 2004)

Job hunt! Get it? Get it?? :haw:

(Also yes, it's presidential campaign season again.)

Modern Kevin & Kell

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Kavak posted:

You kill both, don't you?
Not in Nocturne. The earlier games have you beat up YHVH, who is only an aspect of God, but even He doesn't show up so you have to make do by beating up the Light of Creation itself; the false sun through which the next world will be born.

Then you beat up Lucifer for having a frustrating dungeon.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

riderchop posted:

Big deal; this ran six years ago.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
All those little woodland dwellers, choosing suicide rather than continuing to be trapped in a stadium and hunted by the children of their anthropomorphic counterparts. A clean death at the hands of a professional rather than a clumsy one in the name of sports entertainment.

Comedy.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nancy the Randian.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

My Lovely Horse posted:

apropos of nothing but the foob storyline I'm reminded of the kid in my class who always had long curls and then one day rolled up with the Keith Flint double mohawk and to all of us who knew him it was just a completely natural development

I find it interesting that the storyline just implied that getting a "weird" haircut and taking up smoking are equally bad things. I've never quite understood why some parents are so concerned about their kids' hair and clothes style like that - they have the whole rest of their lives to look business-appropriate.

riderchop posted:

I want to make a joke about this making people vulnerable to the Phantom Thieves but Olive went with Persona 4. :mad:

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 04, 1948)

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ballard Street

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Medenmath posted:

I find it interesting that the storyline just implied that getting a "weird" haircut and taking up smoking are equally bad things. I've never quite understood why some parents are so concerned about their kids' hair and clothes style like that - they have the whole rest of their lives to look business-appropriate.

I want to make a joke about this making people vulnerable to the Phantom Thieves but Olive went with Persona 4. :mad:

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 04, 1948)

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 11/28/01

Brenda Starr 9/8-10/47

Turning "hubba hubba" into "huba huba" is taking spelling reform a little too far.

No Smokey Stover today because newspapers.com is being uncooperative. Foo!

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

King Tourien and his large adult sons. No, he will not stop hollering at the zoo animals.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Uhh... Idgi...

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

CommonShore posted:

King Tourien and his large adult sons. No, he will not stop hollering at the zoo animals.

another day volunteering at the stone and anvil museum. everyone keeps asking me if they can gently caress the hole where the sword used to be. buddy, they wont even let me gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Medenmath posted:

Same reason parents take the doors of their child's bedrooms I presume.