Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Jollity Farm posted:

Well, I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that would include a bunch of Israelis.

People like Fartlow would insist that anti-Zionist Israelis aren’t actually Jews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They are Jews but self hating duh

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/CoinersTakingLs/status/1465006155684405258

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Please let that be a bit. No one is that tone deaf to say POC means that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zil posted:

Hillary Clinton made a joke about CP Time meaning "Cautious Politician Time" while running to be president of the united states.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Skwirl posted:

Hillary Clinton made a joke about CP Time meaning "Cautious Politician Time" while running to be president of the united states.

she wasn't wrong

londonarbuckle
Feb 23, 2017

Zil posted:

This guy put a trigger warning for capital letters, no he is not being sincere (but is probably still an NFT bro and therefore still an idiot.)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RFC2324 posted:

she wasn't wrong

It was absolutely wrong to make the joke.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Jollity Farm posted:

Well, I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that would include a bunch of Israelis. I mean, I'm pretty sure it was Israelis who got rid of Netanyahu after getting sick of his bullshit. I'm not sure if his replacement is any better, but that's always the way. Nobody is going to seriously get me to believe that Israel is the only country in the entire world without corrupt, poo poo-for-brains politicians. Especially not someone who thinks being called "Eve Fartlow" on Twitter is the exact same level of suffering as the pogroms.

Congratulations, you found out why the "self-hating jew" poo poo, especially when you conflate "Medinat Israel, the apartheid state" and "all jews", is extremely antisemitic. You're doing better than Fartlow.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Skwirl posted:

It was absolutely wrong to make the joke.

yeah, but its a little late to be all serious about it.

now is a good time to make jokes about it

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

RFC2324 posted:

yeah, but its a little late to be all serious about it.

now is a good time to make jokes about it

I just meant it as an example of someone making an incredibly in poor taste joke similar to the other one.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Skwirl posted:

I just meant it as an example of someone making an incredibly in poor taste joke similar to the other one.

yeah, I lost the train of the conversation at some point. Sorry about that!

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Jollity Farm posted:

Well, I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that would include a bunch of Israelis. I mean, I'm pretty sure it was Israelis who got rid of Netanyahu after getting sick of his bullshit. I'm not sure if his replacement is any better, but that's always the way. Nobody is going to seriously get me to believe that Israel is the only country in the entire world without corrupt, poo poo-for-brains politicians. Especially not someone who thinks being called "Eve Fartlow" on Twitter is the exact same level of suffering as the pogroms.
I've got some bad news for you about the guy who replaced Netanyahu. He's said things like "I already killed lots of Arabs in my life, and there is absolutely no problem with that." He wants Israel to annex all Palestinian territory and would never allow a Palestinian state to exist. People got sick of Netanyahu and Likud, but Bennett is a move to the far right overall.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ariel "Butcher of Beirut" Sharon was considered a moderate Prime Minister compared to the people before him and after him, to give people an idea of the reality of the political ruling class of Israel.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Kosmo Gallion posted:

I know this dude in real life. He's been getting progressively more and more demented as the pandemic has gone on.

Isn't everyone getting more demented as the pandemic continues? I certainly am.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

londonarbuckle posted:

This guy put a trigger warning for capital letters, no he is not being sincere (but is probably still an NFT bro and therefore still an idiot.)

the idiot meant screen caps

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/phenibrah/status/1464459075467448323

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BUT YOU LITERALLY GODDAMN DO IT FOR FREE HOW IS THAT- AAAGH

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Ah, yes, moderation is very important and that's why it took external pressure for r/deadniggerjailbait to get closed.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

How is that PowerModerator comment anything other than a joke...

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

teethgrinder posted:

How is that PowerModerator comment anything other than a joke...

It’s why people assuming everything is fake are kind of dumb.
Because of comments like like that

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Pretty bold to directly respond on his mod account to his wife like that

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I think a small portion of moderators actually get paid at Reddit, so it's just him (definitely a dude writing that) saying "gently caress you don't point out the exploitative system that allowed me to get a paying job."

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

"one of the most useful jobs on the planet" is a big lol from me

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Actually no joke if there was any real moderation on every subreddit with good, set rules I think that actually would be a very net positive for this world.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

moderation is basically a job, but i think it also depends on where you’re modding. i imagine being the mod of r/toecheese with 20 members is probably a lot less intensive than trying to wrestle with r/games.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Modding /r/legaladvice is definitely a job, and that job is "cop."

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Baron von Eevl posted:

Modding /r/legaladvice is definitely a job, and that job is "cop."

Would be a great honeypot for sure.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zil posted:

Would be a great honeypot for sure.

No, it's like a thing, they absolutely have cop mods. A lot of good legal advice gets shut the gently caress down by them because it's anti-cop.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Well the most important legal advice you'll ever get is "don't talk to the loving cops" so I can see how they might not want people to read that.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah you get banned if you recommend someone stop talking to cops or get a lawyer.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/jkass99/status/1465157263794991104?s=20

Imagine spending that much on a fake boat. Real boats might often be money sinks but you still get a boat.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

You can charter that poo poo twice on the high season for that price

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Brian May is refuting what The Sun is claiming he said but then again, there's not a lot of good about his views in general

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWztZHEK-wH/

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Brian May is refuting what The Sun is claiming he said but then again, there's not a lot of good about his views in general

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWztZHEK-wH/

On the one hand it's The Sun, on the other hand it's Brian May.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

kirbysuperstar posted:

On the one hand it's The Sun, on the other hand it's Brian May.

Let them fight....

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Feliday Melody posted:

Let them fight....

Whoever wins, we lose

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

That at least seems like a real apology and not a sorry your fee fees were hurt. I'll go back to remembering him for his cover of badger badger badger to try save British badgers. Not sure if he did anything of note before or after that and will not be taking any correspondence on the matter.

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I'm willing to forgive him this based on how he manages it from here on. But did he really wait a week to challenge the article?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Feliday Melody posted:

I'm willing to forgive him this based on how he manages it from here on. But did he really wait a week to challenge the article?

He's old and slow