Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I just had the realisation that the Beyblade theme is just Talk Dirty To Me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Patware posted:

is there literally any point to watching it

i can't believe they're doing a recap episode after what little story they've done
recap episode means they didn't finish the real episode in time, it's not an intentional thing. happens to a few shows every season these days

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Some series do intentionally schedule a recap to give staff extra time to finish episodes in the back half though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Varinn posted:

I always thought of it like, tonally, the kind of story where a character lives somewhere for a summer, learns some stuff about themselves and how to interact with people, then has to say goodbye to all their new friends to go back home. It's bittersweet, but that's just how it is sometimes. Akane gets to take the experience back home and break out of her shell in a town she didn't rule over like a god.

yeah. akane did bad stuff and needed to learn from those mistakes. if she stayed there she'd still be in an environment designed to cater to her and coddle her. rikka exists in the real world and hopefully akane can reconnect with her and talk to her there. and if not, akane can move on with the lessons shes learned. its not like there arent other girls in the world.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fwiw I cried at the end of 5 centimeters per second.

I guess that stuff just gets me right in the heart.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i understand, i always cry at the ending of hi-scoool! sega hard girls

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I cried at the end of Metropolis and Final Fantasy: Spirits within.

Feliday Melody fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 28, 2021

marumaru
May 20, 2013

man kanojo okarishimasu is such a guilty but enjoying read

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

marumaru posted:

man kanojo okarishimasu is such a guilty but enjoying read

I really liked the anime and I'm not (too) ashamed to admit that

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I cried at the episode of Kodocha where Sana-chan meets her biological mother.

Specifically, when she gets back home and tells her (adoptive) mom that she's not going to go live with that woman she just met, and her normally unflappable mama breaks down in relief.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also, I'm sad for rikka more so

This doujin still gives me feels

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/connected_skies

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 28, 2021

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Top 10 selling manga series this year acording to Oricon. Sone interesting shakeups this year.

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1465033835691876360?t=P49JQ4SMGubKHMvTmfm7jw&s=19

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

tokyo revengers blowing up from the anime is wild, it looked really unappealing to me

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Julias posted:

Top 10 selling manga series this year acording to Oricon. Sone interesting shakeups this year.

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1465033835691876360?t=P49JQ4SMGubKHMvTmfm7jw&s=19

I miss Haikyu

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tales of Woe posted:

tokyo revengers blowing up from the anime is wild, it looked really unappealing to me
I did a blow by blow of the manga when I was reading through it and I'll just tell ya, tokyo revengers starts strong and then gets REALLY unappealing, doubly so after a certain point.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Is tokyo revengers the name on your dating profile?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Light Yagami would like you to vote

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Missing Name posted:

lots to unpack here

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Missing Name posted:

So should I write the name of the candidate I want to win or lose?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Also will I be damned to hell for writing my ballot?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Finally got caught up on the Nagatoro manga and the new girl is extremely good and needed to push those two's relationship along.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Nitrousoxide posted:

Finally got caught up on the Nagatoro manga and the new girl is extremely good and needed to push those two's relationship along.

wish I had a gf to bully me

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Instead you just have a message board.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
We're just a massive tsundere harem for namtab.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

dibs on being mayadere

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

lmao

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Namtab posted:

wish I had a gf to bully me

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Then you're gonna have to study for the make up exam

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

gently caress me I got the text size wrong

it looked big enough in the preview

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

why does meekins looks so handsome

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

more like sex seekins

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
While I'm on a gridman kick, was the whole 'Akane and Rikka couldnt have onscreen romance because of corporate' actually true or just a fevered fan theory?

Kind of a shame if so.

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

That would be the first I've heard of it, and I've followed Gridman and Dynazenon pretty closely. I doubt the corporate puppet-masters would've forbid it, considering yuri has carved out a fairly dominant market niche, after all. (Even if a large bulk of those are frustratingly non-committal).

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

"yuri genre" "noncommittal"

:thunk:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Acerbatus posted:

While I'm on a gridman kick, was the whole 'Akane and Rikka couldnt have onscreen romance because of corporate' actually true or just a fevered fan theory?

Kind of a shame if so.

the entire show is the romance. it's the core of the plot. i dont consider it as being that different just because the way it's explored is really surreal and weird

Malsangoroth posted:

That would be the first I've heard of it, and I've followed Gridman and Dynazenon pretty closely. I doubt the corporate puppet-masters would've forbid it, considering yuri has carved out a fairly dominant market niche, after all. (Even if a large bulk of those are frustratingly non-committal).

dunno what you mean by non committal. there's like bland fluffy generic high school stuff i guess but there's just as many bland straight romcom tropes as yuri ones and if that stuff was het nobody would try to argue against it being romantic. even a mag people might have tried to label as "yuri-baity" like kirara has, a lot of explicitly gay stuff that doesn't shy away at all. funny enough people got mad about aquatope shying away from yuri but the author of that does have a yuri manga running in there right now

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Nov 29, 2021

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecEL_UEtx4Q

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

that wasn't an on-screen romance???

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Colonel posted:

funny enough people got mad about aquatope shying away from yuri but the author of that does have a yuri manga running in there right now

While I don't like the fact that the show really isn't doing anything with Fuuka/Kukuru Aquatrope actually has way bigger issues with it than that

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Colonel posted:

the entire show is the romance. it's the core of the plot. i dont consider it as being that different just because the way it's explored is really surreal and weird

I guess a better way to put it would be the degree it showed it or something? Regardless, it doesn't seem like it was true anyways.

Patware posted:

that wasn't an on-screen romance???

The anthology had much more straightforward scenes, which might be where that originated from. :shrug:

I've made my views on that whole relationship clear by now anyways. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Began watching Tonikawa a few days ago. Man, these two dorks are adorable. Also the OP is great, even though it reminds me of mid 2010s YT intros lol

Nitrousoxide posted:

When she was first introduced I worried she was being set up as a challenger for Senpai's affection. Nope, turns out she's the absolutely best wingman ever. Amazing :allears: Gotta say, I'm really glad I began reading the Nagatoro manga! Dunno if it's an outlier or not (I like romcoms but I'm not, like, super deep into the genre) but the relationship between Nagatoro and Senpai is always being moved forward in satisfying ways that feel like legit Progress (tm). Can't wait to see what the second season of the anime does with the source material.