Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
yeah, before raids being slammed back in I'd rather see the third lake orb in Vallis and whatever open world bosses Deimos gets. Are they even working on world bosses for Deimos? Or has that ship sailed?

Does anyone know what determines what railjack zones get void storms? I'd give farming the ambassador a go but I'll be damned if I'm doing that without at least trying to get forma out of it. Are void storms a simple mission rotation? Are they randomized within each proxima? I swear Lu Yan only gets storms once every couple of days and man does it really drive me away from even checking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Rynoto posted:

Way back when the corrupted mods were first added in and nothing had been balanced around them the best/only way to do very long term orokin tower survival with high tier keys was to abuse the hell out of trinity offering full immunity with max duration and damage reflection. Instant death followed if the immunity ever dropped. Also the immunity was global to all allies regardless of range iirc.

Which, looking at the notes for when things changed and the mods were added was... 2013 :shepicide:

Every once in a while i am reminded as to how long I have been warframing and I am both impressed with DE and scared for myself

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

hazardousmouse posted:

yeah, before raids being slammed back in I'd rather see the third lake orb in Vallis and whatever open world bosses Deimos gets. Are they even working on world bosses for Deimos? Or has that ship sailed?

Does anyone know what determines what railjack zones get void storms? I'd give farming the ambassador a go but I'll be damned if I'm doing that without at least trying to get forma out of it. Are void storms a simple mission rotation? Are they randomized within each proxima? I swear Lu Yan only gets storms once every couple of days and man does it really drive me away from even checking.

Are you on switch? I have a spare ambassador. I think you just have to do survival missions for it.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Playstation. And it's specifically railjack survival rotation c in the veil for the bp, right? So 20 minutes + railjackin time per roll at like 12% rate. There's a reason it costs more than most primes on the market

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
I have no idea how to get the ambassador, but i do know that i got three grinding holokeys in a month. I can confidently say that once you have enough holokeys with for all four weapons you should have an ambassador. Also i never did survival and only exterminate/skirmish.

These facts brought to you by ~personal anecdotal evidence~

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

hazardousmouse posted:

Playstation. And it's specifically railjack survival rotation c in the veil for the bp, right? So 20 minutes + railjackin time per roll at like 12% rate. There's a reason it costs more than most primes on the market

Whatever the wiki says, yeah. The only reason I have one is because I did a bunch of fissure survival for holokeys and leveling my necramechs.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
No idea what version the switch is on since the drops changed but right now on pc you drown in ambassador parts during regular missions, they trade for 1-2p. The main bp is the one that's 20 minute ROT C survival exclusive and trades for 40-50p on its own. And in my opinion it's pretty mediocre and not worth even that much purely for mr fodder.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Its easier to get the ambassador, the blueprint comes from rj survival (c rotation) and parts come from rj raknoids. Parts can be traded. The blueprint is the hardest part. Its mr fodder. I love the fulmin but the ambassador is the awkward younger brother :sad:

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Yeah, the ambassador is pretty underwhelming.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Can you also get bps from spy missions? Trying to work out why I have one crafted ambassador and 2 bps in my inventory when I barely ever do void storm survival

Edit: ah maybe RJ rakanoids

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

what makes the lich move planets? mines on the kuva fortress and holy gently caress it's too hard lol

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

CODChimera posted:

what makes the lich move planets? mines on the kuva fortress and holy gently caress it's too hard lol

They always move through the same five planets, and dont cycle, so Level 5 liches are always squatting at the fort. It can be annoying, partially because half of the missions at the fort are ill-suited for an impromptu three-stage boss fight.

See if you can get a bittervet goon with a warcrimeframe to carry you

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

They always move through the same five planets, and dont cycle, so Level 5 liches are always squatting at the fort. It can be annoying, partially because half of the missions at the fort are ill-suited for an impromptu three-stage boss fight.

See if you can get a bittervet goon with a warcrimeframe to carry you

I killed it, got a random who seemed good and we killed both liches.

The final battle was pretty fun, got a Quartakk which eh but at least the next one should be easier/faster

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Did clan and discord requests, holy gently caress it's been a while and I've no idea what to do lol

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

CODChimera posted:

I killed it, got a random who seemed good and we killed both liches.

The final battle was pretty fun, got a Quartakk which eh but at least the next one should be easier/faster

Man, I love the Kuva Quartakk. The hipfire auto works fine for trash or nullifier bubbles, and the burst is fantastic for headshots on anything harder. Remember that the burst fires 4 projectiles at the same time, so 4 chances of crit, status, etc. If you build up the buff from the headshot arcane, you get to enjoy it 4 headshots at a time.

It would be better if we could simply toggle fire modes instead of them being tied to aiming or not, but ah, you get used to it.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

FishMcCool posted:

Man, I love the Kuva Quartakk. The hipfire auto works fine for trash or nullifier bubbles, and the burst is fantastic for headshots on anything harder. Remember that the burst fires 4 projectiles at the same time, so 4 chances of crit, status, etc. If you build up the buff from the headshot arcane, you get to enjoy it 4 headshots at a time.

It would be better if we could simply toggle fire modes instead of them being tied to aiming or not, but ah, you get used to it.

Yeah, I think its my favorite rifle. It's got nice audio and it feels good to aim and just blap a dude with quad shots

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Atomos seems kinda tricky to use, is there a choice set of mods for it or something I’m missing?

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

the yeti posted:

Atomos seems kinda tricky to use, is there a choice set of mods for it or something I’m missing?

It's just a tiny secondary Ignis, isn't it? I'd think modding for a ton of status stuff would be the way to go?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

the yeti posted:

no, it just uses the standard build. what about it was confusing?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

George RR Fartin posted:

It's just a tiny secondary Ignis, isn't it? I'd think modding for a ton of status stuff would be the way to go?

it's the babby's first kuva nukor

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Cease to Hope posted:

no, it just uses the standard build. what about it was confusing?

It seemed to be alternating between melting dudes and not hitting, maybe I’m not guessing its effective range well?

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

BMan posted:

it's the babby's first kuva nukor

...isn't that the...nukor?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

you'd think so, but no, the regular nukor doesn't chain

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

the yeti posted:

It seemed to be alternating between melting dudes and not hitting, maybe I’m not guessing its effective range well?

There are mods that extend beam range. Are the enemies that are not dying immune or resistant to the elements you're using?

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

yeah, it does have kind of a short range without mods. maybe that's it.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

It has a default range of 15 meters with is shorter than it sounds. I can't find good numbers for this right now but the torso of a basic grineer lancer is ~1m thick, more or less by like .2m.

So the Atomos will melt people up close unless they're very resistant to whatever elemental damage you're outputting but it'll have trouble reaching anything in generic ignis range.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/1465383486555000836

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Gloom Protea is the funniest and stupidest thing I've ever experienced in this game. Her passive maxes out Gloom, so the enemies can't move or shoot while Protea's stupid little lasers mow them down. Also the enemies bunch up fairly tightly when they run into a brick wall at the edge of Gloom range meaning the lasers get up to like 32x no sweat

Gloom was a stupid choice for a subsume ability and I will love DE forever for making this mistake

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.twitch.tv/warframe
live

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Soothing Vapors posted:

Gloom Protea is the funniest and stupidest thing I've ever experienced in this game. Her passive maxes out Gloom, so the enemies can't move or shoot while Protea's stupid little lasers mow them down. Also the enemies bunch up fairly tightly when they run into a brick wall at the edge of Gloom range meaning the lasers get up to like 32x no sweat

Gloom was a stupid choice for a subsume ability and I will love DE forever for making this mistake

Does Gloom work on special enemies like the steel path assassins?

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
New War release date is December 15th. That trailer was rad as heck.

They did confirm that you'll need a railjack and necramech to do the quest (along with the quests that lead up to it). When you start it you have to commit to playing it all the way through before you can go back to the rest of the game.

They mentioned 70 minutes of new music has been composed just for the quest which is exciting. The quest itself will take several hours.

Cross-platform is coming early-ish next year.

Chubbs fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Nov 30, 2021

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tua7aK6Y7NY

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

Liches/sisters, acolytes, bosses, necramechs, thumpers… it’s really broken and beautiful.

Edit: oh wow, are they actually going to make ops powerful? lol, no

smallmouth fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Nov 30, 2021

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

I doubt I’ll ever get Harrow prime but goddamn that styling rules

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mesadoram posted:

yuuuuup

ridiculous ability

drat they're really gonna make us kill spacemom aren't they

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Harrow Prime look good

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The most shocking part of that trailer was spoiler mode being able to kill anything.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Reminder: New War prerequisites: own a railjack, necramech and finish all "the new war" (now renamed to "prelude to war") chapters in your codex

Brainbread
Apr 7, 2008

Oh no. I don't want to touch railjack at all and I definitely don't own a necramech yet >.<

I got by all the railjack stuff by flying around in an archwing while the rest of my team did... whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

Soothing Vapors posted:

Gloom Protea is the funniest and stupidest thing I've ever experienced in this game.

Arcane Eruption is a fun addition to this. You get a constant stream of knockdown pulses thanks to Dispensary and with Gloom enemies take 15 seconds to fall down and 15 seconds to stand back up.