Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
I just want to whale in this game so hard, and play my waifu Deadpool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Thinking about the Emma Frost oforums posters

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Svensken posted:

Thinking about the Emma Frost oforums posters

https://i.imgur.com/twdLUDy.mp4

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
i liked the suicide minion build

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
There will never be another game that lets you go as crazy with powers as Rogue in MH. I forget the final number but it was something crazy like 170 different powers she could steal.

Switching your entire build in the middle of a raid by touching a few other players. Hilariously not OP but so much fun.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Rogue challenge. Take her into PvP with no powers and survive with only the powers you can snag from the other players. Too bad :rip: Marvel Heroes and :aloom: Marvel Heroes PvP.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

It's funny this site is still up, and had updates a year ago: http://marvelheroes.info/

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's pretty cheap to keep up a website that nobody looks at.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

lol I forgot they were going to release Unworthy Thor has a distinct hero.

Every time a Marvel movie comes out there's a part of me that wonders what new costumes/heroes will be added to a game that shut down so long ago....(we could have had Tobey spidersuit!)

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Given what's happened in the comics in the past couple years we could've probably ended up with more Venom costumes than Spider-Man ones if the game were still going today.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Humerus posted:

lol I forgot they were going to release Unworthy Thor has a distinct hero.

Every time a Marvel movie comes out there's a part of me that wonders what new costumes/heroes will be added to a game that shut down so long ago....(we could have had Tobey spidersuit!)

We could have had Kingo

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Looking at that site, there's a bunch of things I don't remember. Keeps referring to Talents and Traits. Were they things planned, but never done?

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Humerus posted:

This was one of the more ridiculous things that happened but also one of the coolest. Like how many other devs would entertain that idea?

It gets more bonkers when you consider how many people had a story about him doing this for them. Like, that dude was cycling accounts like a madman.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bloodly posted:

Looking at that site, there's a bunch of things I don't remember. Keeps referring to Talents and Traits. Were they things planned, but never done?
No, that was the last major revamp of the game to bring it more in-line with where they were going with the console version. the passive trees were completely removed and replaced by a few tiers of choices where within each tier you just took one of a few options of Talent bonuses, and Traits were just how they handled displaying the unique or class based aspects of the character that weren't optional, like a hero is a bruiser so they have a trait saying they get damage bonuses from strength and durability stats.

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

Ghostlight posted:

No, that was the last major revamp of the game to bring it more in-line with where they were going with the console version. the passive trees were completely removed and replaced by a few tiers of choices where within each tier you just took one of a few options of Talent bonuses, and Traits were just how they handled displaying the unique or class based aspects of the character that weren't optional, like a hero is a bruiser so they have a trait saying they get damage bonuses from strength and durability stats.

Yeah, we don't remember any of it because everyone stopped playing after the movement skill """""""rework""""""

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1464637670966108161?s=20

**Cue "Boys are Back In Town"**

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Remember when mr gaz laid off all of his staff that fateful thanksgiving weekend four years ago?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i don't give a gently caress about an mmo

just let me cosmic

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Daybreak (formerly SOE before crashing and burning and getting bought out by vulture capital) is a garbage company that has been in layoff cycles for a decade or more and doesn't have the resources to develop a modern MMO. No way that game ever gets released

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i think they're back on the upswing, they broke up internally into several different studios and they're actually treating planetside 2 like a live game instead of a dead one again

on the other hand, it is SOE

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Oh cool, maybe it will also end up a janky microtransaction infested mess!

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Jack Emmert (City of Heroes) is going to be the head designer. Looks interesting.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

DreadUnknown posted:

Who cares as long as you can cosmic your heroes

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

BabyFur Denny posted:

Who cares as long as you can cosmic your heroes

All of us, because we can't do it today.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Jedit posted:

All of us, because we can't do it today.

Oh is the private server down again?

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I actually dreamed that this game was back last night. weird.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

DreadUnknown posted:

Just like Marvel Heroes, I know! I too, hold out hope.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Give it to me daddy needs a fix

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

DC Universe Online? While I loved flying around in that game overall it was bad and has only gotten worse. Does it still get updates or is it in maintenance mode? Also, doesn't Daybreak have ties to the Russian mafia?

My guess is the game will be yet another mobile gatcha pay to win grindfest.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gynovore posted:

Jack Emmert (City of Heroes) is going to be the head designer. Looks interesting.

Will Jack finally get to make a Marvel MMO, or will the rug be pulled out from under him again? And if so, what IP will he use, since he already used Champions? :ohdear:

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
its just going to be a reskinned Anthem

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

pokchu posted:

its just going to be a reskinned Anthem

Lol if you think soe can make a game as polished as anthem

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

DreadUnknown posted:

And I'll spend another $1000 + if it means I get that freaking game.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
This is the one that looks like it could be awesome.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Picked up Ultimate Alliance 3 for my Switch finally, this isn't too bad for an MH replacement!

I'm sure the uglies will rear their head soon enough and ruin the game for me but for now it's a hoot.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
My guy you are setting up the easiest "turn on your monitor" burn I've ever seen

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1e6yXmxdsyA

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Silly bear.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
I'm cosmicing as we speak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I was just in midtown manhattan and was really disappointed about the lack of robots and aliens, 0/10