Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Rappaport posted:

That's the bachelor party episode I think, where we also have the contrasting stories about Roman playing dog in a cage, and whether it was people food in there.

Put this together with Boar on the Floor and I came away with the impression the "dog food" game wasn't an idea of the kids after all but rather some kind of hosed up game Logan taught them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

The Ninth Layer posted:

Put this together with Boar on the Floor and I came away with the impression the "dog food" game wasn't an idea of the kids after all but rather some kind of hosed up game Logan taught them.

Christ, I keep thinking back to that scene and what would have happened if just one of them had a spine, told Logan to gently caress himself and went to the press with the story. That sort of rage was just insane.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

“I’ll remember.” Tom is somehow going to end up hosed.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol love how tom immediately leaves his wife and goes to greg to show his real emotions to and kiss

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Hey, scooch over a little bit, buddy.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
“It just feels like an rear end in a top hat’s birthday party”.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
"Wife of Tom Wambsgans arrested in sweep of city's street walkers"

Also Logan just offered to buy Kendall's shares for a cool $2 bil? :stare:

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Nov 29, 2021

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this skarsgard is great

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Yeah hboWayGO loving sucks and I'm glad everyone knows it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Naomi has had enough I think.
But also watches are stupid so she could have known.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Motherfucking Berenstein Bears reference up in this piece, hell yeah.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Also I would like to update my prediction from “Greg ends up running everything” to “Greg ends up running everything and in a perfect relationship with a beautiful woman.”

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Ken's right, Roman's not a real person, but god drat his antics are amazing. Wanna piss on my phone?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

“it’s like a haunted scarecrow asking out jackie onassis” :lmao:

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

the imagery of Kendall desperately searching through a mountain of expensive presents for something genuine his family gave him, before descending into tears at how pathetic this is was just. aces.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
That lived up to all my expectations for a Ken birthday this season.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Sad we didn’t get to see Tiny Wu-Tang Clan or Kendall being crucified after singing Billy Joel.

Vernacular
Nov 29, 2004
I guess the "Tom was secretly narcing on the Roys" theory is still somewhat alive? Probably ultimately not due to it being an unSuccession-like long reveal but would explain why he was in distress despite being off the hook legally. Or he was just a guy coming down from coke while still on hallucinogens unable to reconcile his immense privilege with his immense dissatisfaction. Or both.

That episode really got into the sibling dynamics with a lot of grace and nuance, enjoyed it a lot.

Also, a nice, rare moment of one of the business interests being courted by the Roys actually coming out and saying "our product is actually poo poo lol".

Vernacular fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Nov 29, 2021

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Greg was the best this episode. I love the drawn out southern accent flirtation and punching video Kendall in the nuts.

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

Nerdietalk posted:

the imagery of Kendall desperately searching through a mountain of expensive presents for something genuine his family gave him, before descending into tears at how pathetic this is was just. aces.

Contrasted with Naomi's gift of a watch, which comes off as so impersonal for a girlfriend? Chef's kiss right there.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

The tunnel of compliments had me dying. "You're the best." "gently caress off."

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Do you guys think Tom fucks like a bullet train and will prove it to Greg?

I ship those two in my mind all the time 😌

MOVIE MAJICK fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Nov 29, 2021

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I liked the image of Ken opening his buyout card from his dad while in a room simulating hell or something.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

This episode was so unnerving but I think it was the best of the season so far

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Two Canada references, which Canadian wrote this one?

edit: no Canadian wrote this one.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
It's always interesting to see how people on this show behave when they feel like they're in control: Roman is always an rear end in a top hat, but he definitely took it to a whole new level here.

Meanwhile Greg just asked out a girl he likes and found out they're not going to jail and he just wants Tom to be happy.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How the gently caress is this show hitting it out of the park so constantly every single episode this season. jesus. what is Naomi Pierce even still doing there? run, girl

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
God I really want to see where this show would go if Kendall kills himself.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Mover posted:

“it’s like a haunted scarecrow asking out jackie onassis” :lmao:

she is really hot though

hybridnoisebloom
Nov 16, 2021

kendall's huge spiral back into depression juxtaposed against roman going totally manic is honestly some of the best poo poo this show has done so far. kieran culkin should win a loving emmy for this episode.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
me watching kendall look off his balcony after the party: oh no, he's staring forelornly down at the ground. i hope this isn't a tease of him jumping later, but that would be kind of on the nose, right? it's probably just meant to show him reflecting

the camera, cutting to what he's looking down at:

me: oh no that's the worst possible thing he could be looking at

unsurprisingly i am far from the only person to notice this: https://twitter.com/RachelFersh/status/1465168673363144707

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Nov 29, 2021

punch drunk
Nov 12, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

me watching kendall look off his balcony after the party: oh no, he's staring forelornly down at the ground. i hope this isn't a tease of him jumping later, but that would be kind of on the nose, right? it's probably just meant to show him reflecting

the camera, cutting to what he's looking down at:

me: oh no that's the worst possible thing he could be looking at

unsurprisingly i am far from the only person to notice this: https://twitter.com/RachelFersh/status/1465168673363144707

I'm sure theyre referencing that a bit but thats also The Shed in the top of that shot, the venue where he had his party, and why they talk about the "just a party winding down" thing. Hes watching people leave.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I could watch Tom flip over desks forever

“Just scoot over…”

Scissorfighter
Oct 7, 2007

With all rocks and papers vanquished, they turn on eachother...

The poo poo about WayGo was definitely referencing the HBO Max app right? That loving thing takes almost 2 minutes to open.

This might have been the best episode of the show. I went back and forth on Ken being a piece of poo poo or being a tragic little baby 3 or 4 times. Brilliant writing and acting to make a character so much of a jackass and still so sympathetic. Like, he was an rear end in a top hat about his girlfriend's gift, but in his mind, that gift was evidence that she didn't know him at all. That sparked a complete mental breakdown as he realized just how alone he really was. So, so good.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Scissorfighter posted:

The poo poo about WayGo was definitely referencing the HBO Max app right? That loving thing takes almost 2 minutes to open.

God please I hope so. We *just* got HBO Max now from HBO Nordic, and somehow the experience has been shittier (and just as expensive unless you get the deal for new members so gently caress people who have been paying full price all along!!!!)

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
What exactly does one get Kendal as a birthday gift?

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

punch drunk posted:

I'm sure theyre referencing that a bit but thats also The Shed in the top of that shot, the venue where he had his party, and why they talk about the "just a party winding down" thing. Hes watching people leave.

It can’t be a coincidence. It’s a symbol of suicide and all because some rich rear end in a top hat didn’t want to put up barriers and ruin the aesthetic. Now no one can go

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

davecrazy posted:

What exactly does one get Kendal as a birthday gift?

probably a lot of coke

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

well they finally managed to make me feel momentarily uncomfortable with how pathetic kendall is before i remembered what show i'm watching. his desperate pleas to get connor to take off his coat lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
echoing that this was the best episode of the season

Nerdietalk posted:

Shiv being legitimately shocked and indignant that Logan and Roman are trying to gently caress with Kendall through Kendall's kids. Roman being like "of course we're doing that. How could we not?"

"There are lines!"

Has she met her father?