Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
when I quit I emailed my top bosses then posted the screenshot to Instagram like I’m a god drat pro athlete, quitting is fun as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Some of my fondest memories has been quitting lovely jobs.

Oh no, don't take my trash job away, whatever shall I do?

gently caress it, it's hospitality. I'll go around the corner and get another lovely job pulling coffee or serving drunk dickheads and I'll lie on my resume because gently caress you.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I quit the post office by taking all my vacation days and then sent a text on the last day. It was dope.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crazycryodude posted:

It doesn't matter if you have to sell it for 50% of the tag price when every single cent is pure profit for you. That's why people buy from boosters too, it's significantly cheaper. Everyone wins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geY-ydeYb4M

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
my medicine cost exactly 1312 usd lol

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

i feel like you wouldn't get a very good spot price that way, and you have to move the goods (they are evidence)

do you think ppl go to the thieves guild or something

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

providing a thieves marketplace is the only good thing facebook has ever done

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

any major black friday strikes?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Wirecutter's would-be union is asking people to boycott the Times Wirecutter site, since the profits are getting better and better but the Times isn't paying Wirecutter staff a living wage.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Wirecutter should be boycotted for their terrible recommendations designed to drive referral link clicks in the first place.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Why does an electrical tool have a union?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Wirecutter's would-be union is asking people to boycott the Times Wirecutter site, since the profits are getting better and better but the Times isn't paying Wirecutter staff a living wage.

there's a subscription option now lmfao what garbage

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Fame Douglas posted:

Wirecutter should be boycotted for their terrible recommendations designed to drive referral link clicks in the first place.

don’t be like this

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Centrist Committee posted:

don’t be like this

"don't swim, fish."

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Jazerus posted:

really wish we'd had a series of these for 2016

Imagine 2024 if Trump isn't running and it ends up being a clown car on both sides

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Fame Douglas posted:

its almost like america is an onion made of infinite layers of bad

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Lord of Pie posted:

Imagine 2024 if Trump isn't running and it ends up being a clown car on both sides

I still have my precious Jeb! guac bowl.

Not one from his actual campaign, gently caress that. I went to target and they were selling the exact same one for a buck a piece so I got like 4 of them cuz they're just good generic durable bowls for like cereal and stuff.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
...that's not a jeb bowl then

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

...that's not a jeb bowl then

It is if I call it a Jeb! bowl :colbert:

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Shame Boy posted:

I still have my precious Jeb! guac bowl.

Not one from his actual campaign, gently caress that. I went to target and they were selling the exact same one for a buck a piece so I got like 4 of them cuz they're just good generic durable bowls for like cereal and stuff.

I found a stack of those in a Kroger clearance section for about the same price, but the one I picked up was covered in some kind of lotion or slime that smelled like industrial waste, so I put it back and washed my hands in the bathroom. Too bad, I would have liked the 99-cent counterfeit Jeb bowl.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ajkalan posted:

I found a stack of those in a Kroger clearance section for about the same price, but the one I picked up was covered in some kind of lotion or slime that smelled like industrial waste, so I put it back and washed my hands in the bathroom. Too bad, I would have liked the 99-cent counterfeit Jeb bowl.

you should have touched a turtle imo

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

the profits are getting better and better but the Times isn't paying Wirecutter staff a living wage.

"But"

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I want to provide some commentary with this link, but the only thing I can come up with is a primal scream

https://www.mckinsey.com/featured-insights/mckinsey-for-kids

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Jesus there's so much to unpack there

quote:

Ever thought about who makes the viral videos you watch or the clothes you wear, and how they got to you? In a new McKinsey for Kids, let’s head to Asia and explore fun things like big ships and supply chains.

:whitewater:

Hey kids, you like viral videos right? How about sweatshops, y'all love sweatshops?

quote:

So why does our stuff come from all over the world? Why is trade global? Imagine you and your friends are at a picnic and you start playing “swapsies.” Everyone might grab one of the ham sandwiches you brought. And you grab a cookie (or two!), an apple, and some lemonade that your friends brought.
Now imagine the same thing happening, but with countries: global swapsies. Some countries grow a lot of corn because they have the right kind of soil and climate. Others have large reserves of gold that are mined. Some countries are really good at making phones quickly and at less cost. And some might have a lot of people who are great at making movies.

China's just really good at playing swapsies! All those Foxconn suicides are because people just couldn't cope with how good at making phones they were!

Also I just love this by itself

quote:

some of us here at McKinsey are now helping folks (we call them clients)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

The word you're looking for is guillotine.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

30.5 Days posted:

I want to provide some commentary with this link, but the only thing I can come up with is a primal scream

https://www.mckinsey.com/featured-insights/mckinsey-for-kids

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
In college, I would trade my stolen goods for weed from my dealer that way we were both committing crimes and would be incentivized to not snitch on each other. Duh.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

poemdexter posted:

In college, I would trade my stolen goods for weed from my dealer that way we were both committing crimes and would be incentivized to not snitch on each other. Duh.
its good team building

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

KoRMaK posted:

its good team building

2002 - 2006: Worked with 3rd party teams in different domains in order to maximize returns and fulfill business needs of partners.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

poemdexter posted:

game recognize game theory

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

poemdexter posted:

2002 - 2006: Worked with 3rd party teams in different domains in order to maximize returns and fulfill business needs of partners.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

poemdexter posted:

this is also why you should only have an affair with another married person

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shame Boy posted:

Jesus there's so much to unpack there

:whitewater:

Hey kids, you like viral videos right? How about sweatshops, y'all love sweatshops?

China's just really good at playing swapsies! All those Foxconn suicides are because people just couldn't cope with how good at making phones they were!

Also I just love this by itself

This is a really small thing but I am intrigued by the very subtle linguistic shift away from countries and towards people when their oblique reference is clearly to the US.

quote:

Some countries grow a lot of corn because they have the right kind of soil and climate.

"countries" have the right soil and climate to grow corn

quote:

Others have large reserves of gold that are mined.

"countries" have gold reserves to mine.

quote:

Some countries are really good at making phones quickly and at less cost.

"countries" are good at making phones quickly and cheaply.

quote:

And some might have a lot of people who are great at making movies.

"people" are great at making movies.

The first three amalgamate together the environment, natural resources, and sweat shops as things "countries" do and have, but when the fourth wants to make a clear reference to Hollywood suddenly it's that the US has lots of people who just happen to be good at making movies. Rich white people get to have culture and be individuals while the rest of the world gets lumped together as indistinct countries with Ricardian comparative advantage terms. A perfect encapsulation of the McKinsey worldview, for kids!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

vyelkin posted:

This is a really small thing but I am intrigued by the very subtle linguistic shift away from countries and towards people when their oblique reference is clearly to the US.

"countries" have the right soil and climate to grow corn

"countries" have gold reserves to mine.

"countries" are good at making phones quickly and cheaply.

"people" are great at making movies.

The first three amalgamate together the environment, natural resources, and sweat shops as things "countries" do and have, but when the fourth wants to make a clear reference to Hollywood suddenly it's that the US has lots of people who just happen to be good at making movies. Rich white people get to have culture and be individuals while the rest of the world gets lumped together as indistinct countries with Ricardian comparative advantage terms. A perfect encapsulation of the McKinsey worldview, for kids!

One of the weird points of the piece is that other countries like Korea and Japan have the exploitable resource of People with Creativity and Culture, who make the product of Content for you kids to Consume, so I'm just gonna assume leaving out the word "countries" there was a language choice rather than a worldview jungian slip or whatever. I mean that's pretty dire too, just in its own special way.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Owlbear Camus posted:

this is also why you should only have an affair with another married person

yea thats terrible advice

in a country where i've seen people get shot over sneakers or a playstation on black friday, you gently caress with another peron's spouse you run the risk him/her finding out and destroying you

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Just don't ever get married if you want to get around. #lifehacks

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

i definitely just noticed that lunchables are 100% out of stock at my store

like I wasn't going to buy any but whenever I see a completely empty section in an aisle I'm always curious about what is now gone.

https://www.today.com/food/there-lunchables-shortage-parents-say-they-re-missing-store-shelves-t231634

tfa posted:

While some people suspect the shortage has to do with the supply chain issues that have become common during the COVID-19 pandemic, others think Lunchables are flying off the shelves due to the fact that after 18 months at home, parents just can't make any more meals (or argue with their kids about proper nutrition).

lmao my kids would fuckin riot if I made them eat Lunchables.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I remember wanting lunchables when i was a kid but that's probably related to my mom never buying them for me so I just didn't know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I worked with a loving early 20s religious chud moron who claimed that vegan/ vegetarian meat replacement products are "unnatural". Motherfucker would eat Lunchables for lunch every shift.

He also complained that Michelle Obama ruined lunches when he was in school because they took away Canadian bacon pizza and the only think he could eat for the rest of high school was turkey sandwiches and nothing else.