Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Gwaihir posted:

There is a mod available that shows your currently mastered skills and equipped gear in battle, it's on mod-station.

Yes, thank you.

kaesarsosei posted:

A lot of discussion over a non-problem. If you are only playing to knock snowflakes off, just do it it in co-op where it doesn't matter what skills you have. If you want to actually take the time to play randoms, maybe spend 30 secs setting up your signals, camos, equipment etc and checking your captain skills before clicking play.

There's only a lot of discussion because you and several others rushed in to post about how the UI is already perfect and that you can effortlessly remember all your captain skills over indefinite lengths plus you love the chore of opening up several different screens before every match to check the setup of every ship. You could always not do this and go back to playing without the reload timer, range circles, or last known ship positions on the mini map :bahgawd:

Unless you're all secretly on the WG UI design team you don't need to post to refute every question about possible UI elements you don't see the need for as if you are the arbiters of what UI features would be useful or not. And I really hope you aren't, because it's an objective fact that it's good UI to clearly show different states with different indicators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
That's not at all what people have said but w/e get mega defensive about it lol.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Stanley Pain posted:

That's not at all what people have said but w/e get mega defensive about it lol.

???

ZombieLenin posted:

I only put this on a select number of ships though (never, ever a BB for instance), and have no problem remembering which ship captains have which skills; so, yeah… if you are a person who has problems with this, I have no idea how to help.

Devorum posted:

I just...look before launching a match? I'm also knocking the cobwebs off a ton of boats, so I check my captain skills before hitting the "play" button unless it's a boat I'm familiar with. Seems easier than cluttering up my UI.

kaesarsosei posted:

A lot of discussion over a non-problem. If you are only playing to knock snowflakes off, just do it it in co-op where it doesn't matter what skills you have. If you want to actually take the time to play randoms, maybe spend 30 secs setting up your signals, camos, equipment etc and checking your captain skills before clicking play.

There's literally 3 posts saying exactly that, what are you talking about?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
It’d be cool if there were a mod that put the priority target indicator with a circle/slash to show it is not on this captain.

I don’t think that exists, however.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Darkrenown posted:

???

Where are these posts defending the UI as perfect.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Yeah, I never said the UI was perfect. I said it's pretty easy to just look at your skills before a match, and that I, personally, wouldn't want the clutter on my UI.

Over here acting like it's a Herculean task to click on your captain ("several different screens" lol) and skim over the skills for 10 seconds before heading into a match.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Stanley Pain posted:

Where are these posts defending the UI as perfect.

OK, you understand that you've now moved your goalposts from "is that at all what people are saying" to "did they make this specific point out of several you mentioned", right? But sure, kaesarsosei describes it as a "non-problem" while Devorum thinks any change would "clutter up the UI" - both of which imply there's no need to change the UI and the latter that such a change would make the UI worse.

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Did you not read/understand the quoted posts, or are you going to ignore the context of the discussion in which I'm clearly talking about the showing of detection status/priority target interaction to make some point that while perhaps they don't feel the UI should change in this instance they might feel it has other flaws? Because that's going to make an already tedious discussion all the more so.

Devorum posted:

Over here acting like it's a Herculean task to click on your captain ("several different screens" lol) and skim over the skills for 10 seconds before heading into a match.

I'm responding to several people, "setting up your signals, camos, equipment etc and checking your captain skills before clicking play." is indeed several different screens - Exterior, Equipment, and Captain.

I did not set out saying it was a difficult task, I simply asked if there was a setting or mod to show a certain bit of useful information. Then you and several other posters felt the need to talk about how much you didn't need such a feature - because that's somehow useful information I need to hear, I guess - and downplayed its potential usefulness. "There's no need for a tiny UI feature, simply remember to always check your captain skills before every match forever or have a perfect memory" is just a completely pointless argument to make, but since you decided to make it at me I'm going to disagree with you.

Darkrenown fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Nov 29, 2021

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Darkrenown posted:

Yes, thank you.

I just gave it a look, the specific one you want is just called "Crew perks in battle".

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Hahha you can't be this dumb can you?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

Stanley Pain posted:

Hahha you can't be this dumb can you?

Yeah, I guess it was pretty dumb of me to reply to you as if you weren't either a moron or trolling me. You got me! Lesson learned.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Darkrenown posted:

Yeah, I guess it was pretty dumb of me to reply to you as if you weren't either a moron or trolling me. You got me! Lesson learned.

:shrug: :iiam:

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Darkrenown posted:

???

I am participating in the conversation; and even offering that incoming fire might be a cheaper as good skill depending on how you use the skills in question.

What are you talking about? Except, you know, trying to be the forums :siren: and telling people to basically stfu because you’re done talking about this topic?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Finally, the world will be blessed with a brazilian battleship.

Also loving lol at the Italian DD line, in no way will this be turbo-broken at launch.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
The Brazlian BB has 234mm secondaries.

The Italian DDs could be balanced by having comically short range on their guns.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
comically short range, but with exhaust smokes and special engine boost.
So basically drive up right in your targets face invisible at 50kts, blap it with 300k+ sap-dpm, then die in team focus fire.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Yolomon Wayne posted:

comically short range, but with exhaust smokes and special engine boost.
So basically drive up right in your targets face invisible at 50kts, blap it with 300k+ sap-dpm, then die in team focus fire.

So basically suicide bomber botes

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Friend convinced me to reinstall for snowflakes and the dockyard :negative:

Just one more hit man, just one more hit, then I'll get clean

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
How is the dockyard ship? I'm not really sure I want to bother unless it's really good.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Hot garbage according to this

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-warships/world-of-warships-new-year-dockyard-and-final-review-on-repulse-and-marlborough/

He worse than kgv

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
I mean I don't know who expected a ship with 16 guns and 25 second reload to also have 6000 HE damage, it's tier 9 not tier 12.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Repulse is supposed to be good, Marlborough eh why bother

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I think in the long haul Marlborough will turn out to be mediocre - not awful but definitely not great. However its design is the very worst sort I hate in the game. They come up with the idea to give it 16 Tier 6/7 calibre guns, but then arbitrarily decide that each one is individually much worse than you would find on the QE or KGV. loving horseshit design/balancing. Just give it 12 or 14 barrels if 16 was found to be too good. An exact copy of KGV at T9 with 4 more barrels would be interesting.

I'm still going to get it because at the end of the day I think 5.5k doubloons is good value for everything in the dockyard including the Marlborough, and I will be playing the game over the next few months anyway so I will complete the missions in the background without trying.

kaesarsosei fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Dec 9, 2021

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Don't forget the slow turrets as well. Small caliber guns compared to others, but a slower turret.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
A Marlborough blew me up yesterday and it was annoying to get hit by huge sticky wads of HE over and over again. But then again that's just british_bbs.wows.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

wdarkk posted:

How is the dockyard ship? I'm not really sure I want to bother unless it's really good.

The De Zeven Provinciën is a good ship; ergo, the dockyard cruisers are not always trash.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

ZombieLenin posted:

The De Zeven Provinciën is a good ship; ergo, the dockyard cruisers are not always trash.

But the current dockyard ship is a BB?

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

General Battuta posted:

But the current dockyard ship is a BB?

Yeah, it’s actually 3 British BBs. Well, 2 BBs and a BC—Dreadnought (Tier III BB), Repulse (Tier VI BC), and Marlborough (Tier IX BB).

I cannot comment on their quality having never played them, other than to say a Tier III premium is useless, the reviews on the Repulse seem to be okay, but the reviews of the Marlborough suggest it’s mediocre at best and hot garbage at worst.

Edit

I was just commenting that, despite other commentary to the contrary, the dockyard ships are sometimes worth your time.

ZombieLenin fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 9, 2021

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

kaesarsosei posted:

Just give it 12 or 14 barrels if 16 was found to be too good. An exact copy of KGV at T9 with 4 more barrels would be interesting.

It would also be a tier 9 ship that (other than having battleship matchmaking) does everything better than the tier 10 Hindenburg. I mean it's fine not to want the ship, it looks like a really boring back line HE battleship, but have realistic expectations for a tier 9 ship.

(side note also don't complain about power creep if you also use "it's not any better than the free ships" as a reason not to buy premium ships)

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

I just personally wish there was more reason to play the low tier ships, because they are honestly some of the most fun on the gameplay side i've ever had in this game. The Tier 1 cruiser only beat em ups rule. Dunno if thats an unpopular opinion or not but!

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Pulled a Gascan from the free small xmas gift container from the dockyard event. Pretty nice to get a T8 even if it's a middling ship. Went into a Co-op game to knock the snowflake off it and there were 4 Marlborough's on my team. Disgusting loving whale behaviour... blowing over 150USD for perhaps the worst T9 in the game...

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

masterpine posted:

Pulled a Gascan from the free small xmas gift container from the dockyard event. Pretty nice to get a T8 even if it's a middling ship. Went into a Co-op game to knock the snowflake off it and there were 4 Marlborough's on my team. Disgusting loving whale behaviour... blowing over 150USD for perhaps the worst T9 in the game...

I got a Florida; which I would have used my coupon/remaining dubs on.

Thanks wg, now I don't have to spend a dime this Christmas!

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I had 19 tickets, so I bought 3 mega containers with them. Pulled out a Smolensk :laffo:
Ok, I’m done then.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Got 3 of the biggest premium Santa crates through snowflakes so far, got 2.5k dublooms a Warspite and a Tiger. Not too bad.

Think I'll get another one through finishing the Conq and Daring grinds.

wraith_5_
Aug 25, 2003
I whaled for a $75 pack. Got Immelmann, Kutuzov, and Indianapolis, plus 6 months Premium time, 25k coal, and some flags and camos. Pretty happy. Kutu/Belfast have been my White Whales for awhile.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

wraith_5_ posted:

I whaled for a $75 pack. Got Immelmann, Kutuzov, and Indianapolis, plus 6 months Premium time, 25k coal, and some flags and camos. Pretty happy. Kutu/Belfast have been my White Whales for awhile.

What the poo poo.

I guess I got some coal and dubs, but mainly a bunch of poo poo camo and flags, and a Yukon.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

wraith_5_ posted:

drat that's a good haul...

Is the Groningen any good?

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

That Works posted:

drat that's a good haul...

Is the Groningen any good?

It's a smoke/hydro/dfaa gunboat. Sets all the fires and bullies caps well, but no torps so smart BBs/cruisers will rush your smoke.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
The luck posted in this thread, considering how few people actually contrbute to this thread, is loving insane.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

I got 5 huge crates, 1 medium, and 3 or 4 small for free so far. Opened at the same time as 3 supercontainers.

No ships, no gold, no premium time. So that's a bit of balance I suppose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velius
Feb 27, 2001
I got Duca Daosta or whatever from 9 mega crates. Just flags otherwise. Totally not worth gambling on.