Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

DerekSmartymans posted:

I love y’all, but if I was a billionaire I wouldn’t feel exactly excited to post incessantly about pogs on a dead, gay forum…
Is Notch of Minecraft fame still posting incessantly on Twitter in his empty candy mansion?

LOL that the Goon Compulsion could be overcome with money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Are you really trying to be all Patrick Bateman on us or what

There's something so artificial and disingenuous about the posting style, I'm autistic and it still stands out to me like a hole in the head.

He was being a jerk to Dereksmartypants by breaking down and mocking his posting style. Basically just bending over to show his whole rear end.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

HootTheOwl posted:

Colbert and crossarms should be reversed
CMM
It's my understanding that someone bought :colbert: specifically to annoy someone who was going to buy a colbert smiley so then they annoyee bought their :crossarms: as crossarms instead

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Splicer posted:

It's my understanding that someone bought :colbert: specifically to annoy someone who was going to buy a colbert smiley so then they annoyee bought their :crossarms: as crossarms instead

lol nevermind it owns.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

He did a couple of these . Impressive impressions imo
https://twitter.com/joshuamartian/status/1460929458152431622

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Are you really trying to be all Patrick Bateman on us or what

There's something so artificial and disingenuous about the posting style, I'm autistic and it still stands out to me like a hole in the head.

It’s not really “artificial” as much as “20 years of schizophrenia meds” posting. You should see my posting when not on meds or switching meds! It’s bad enough that divabot noticed a off-site post commenting on his blog and sent a msg asking if I was ok. It’s always like this, unless it’s worse.

Btw, not against weed, I’m a scaredy-cat with asthma.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Whatever happened to Overly Attached Girlfriend and her $400k jpeg?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DerekSmartymans posted:

It’s not really “artificial” as much as “20 years of schizophrenia meds” posting. You should see my posting when not on meds or switching meds! It’s bad enough that divabot noticed a off-site post commenting on his blog and sent a msg asking if I was ok. It’s always like this, unless it’s worse.

Btw, not against weed, I’m a scaredy-cat with asthma.

Pretty sure weed and schizophrenia iirc are an incredibly bad combination.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Crime on a Dime posted:

Love love 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 the posting here. From the turn to the camera (lol, you know what I mean guys?) to the top shelf name drop dripping with relevance, loving whales (like McAfee haha!) to the beautifully italic hey we're all losers posting here self deprecation) and the epic mother loving slam dunk on top, the friggin Colbert arms for when you're too confident for the shrug but want to keep things right in the middle of the road :hehe:

… are you okay?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty sure weed and schizophrenia iirc are an incredibly bad combination.

I have adult-onset schizophrenia, started having symptoms in first year of med school at 22. My case was written up (anonymously, of course) but never published because I’d had hallucinations and one single solidified delusion (I can talk to crickets) that was so obvious to me since early childhood that I never discussed it at all because I thought everybody knew it and it’d be like discussing “water has intrinsic value for life.” Never affected my life until after my second suicide attempt over increasing hallucinations and paranoia that my wife would leave me and take our son if I was diagnosed as a “crazy” person.

She lasted four years after he was born before doing that. It runs in my family and it was always present and got worse so slowly I never put it together. I’m 47 and live in my parents’ attic, spending most days as caregiver to a 98y/o Granny in perfect health but end-stage dementia.

Even I have been laughing at Bitcoin for over a decade. I have an illness; I’m not bugfuck stupid.

Quick edit:
This is not the thread for this, but I thought the “Bateman” crack meant my posting was taken as a gimmicky account, and could be dismissed as non-serious or worse, as a weird troll bot or experiment: I’m 100% honest, and if I’m attempting to joke I use a lot of emojis or bbcode tricks to convey it. I’m not a robot or have no feelings, but if you want to yell at me or be mean or anything it doesn’t bother me a bit because I’ve been in treatment inpatient and outpatient for almost exactly twenty years now. I have PMs and even mean things won’t be published or blocked because they are usually good for a laugh.

I just want to be taken seriously is all (when posting about bitcoiners lol), which is why the one thing I felt necessary to dispel is that my posting is a gimmick. That’s for video game threads. :argh:

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 28, 2021

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Do you ever read what you've written and see, after the fact, that classic schizophrenic topic drift happening?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

ikanreed posted:

Do you ever read what you've written and see, after the fact, that classic schizophrenic topic drift happening?

Absolutely. I write all the time, and have several tens of thousands of pages on my computers and notebooks (and arms and legs when it’s bad) over the last 35 years. When meds start to be compensated for, sometimes it is slow slipping to psychosis and I don’t see it clearly (again, even Gerard saw it reading a comment on his blog last year). The only person(s) who have seen a single page are my psychiatrist(s) and my occupational therapist who died 10 years ago (No! I didn’t kill her! :henget:). I rarely speak much these days because it’s been affecting my conversations (compulsive, fast talking) that never, ever happened until I got an different anti-anxiety med in May because of the stress of 1) caregiving basically “on-call” 24/7, paired with 2) meds over time hosed up my eyes enough to need a corneal transplant so I cannot drive even to sit alone at a park. Quarantine has exasperated the effects, and to answer your question above :cawg:look at this post right here. :hehe:

Ninja edit:
Not trying to derail, but this string of threads since 2010-ish are my must-reads, and any further questions are better meant for PMs.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

gently caress now I wish I could talk to crickets, that sounds sick as hell

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

gently caress now I wish I could talk to crickets, that sounds sick as hell

Bitcoin fixes this

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

divabot posted:

Bitcoin fixes this

Bitcoins talk to brain worms; my wwii-vet grandfather always looked at me funny because even at seven I adamantly refused to go in the bait store with 30’ of crickets in a trough enclosure, or even use his crickets if the catfish were not biting on my nightcrawlers. Once we hit river-temperature chicken livers, though, we never used anything else!

Crickets don’t seem to mind getting impaled on hooks, but they sure as poo poo hate being in a hot Southern creek around dusk. I know medically it’s a delusion, but it’s the same as cutting/scratching my legs to get the WiFi bugs out (yes I’m vaccinated and boostered and not a conspiracy theorist), but sometimes it just won‘t quit and even if it’s not real that knowledge doesn’t halt the sensory messages.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

divabot posted:

Bitcoin fixes this

By destroying the environment so there won't be any more crickets to talk to.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Karia posted:

By destroying the environment so there won't be any more crickets to talk to.

Pro-tip: even dumb rear end bugs think the Lightning Network is stupid.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

bitterandtwisted posted:

He did a couple of these . Impressive impressions imo
https://twitter.com/joshuamartian/status/1460929458152431622

Maybe too soon for another change, but They Stole My Apes, Odo would be a great thread title.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

divabot posted:

Bitcoin fixes this

Ah, a cricket coin connoisseur! Entry fee is only one.....bitcoin.

Seriously folks if I have one thing to tell you, money does not bring happiness and it also *does* cost you time. I am doing exceptionally well this cycle but my HNW clients and business partners basically force me to take breaks because of the amount of time my business takes up, plus difficulty in hiring people.

Rat race mindset is a problem.

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
I just watched the red ape nft cartoon and now I have diahorhea. My god it's newgrounds 2004 bad.

Linked in case anyone else needs to poop.

https://youtu.be/8K-xkPP7Hfk

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Remember folks, it's Settings > Watch History > Delete From Watch History

RoRz0r
Sep 7, 2010
Was that supposed to be funny?

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008
What the gently caress was that?

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

sick of Applebees posted:

What the gently caress was that?

Literally what I said out loud after watching it

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Been a while since I saw something truly :kstarehair: worthy.

Insurrectum
Nov 1, 2005

egg_dog posted:

I just watched the red ape nft cartoon and now I have diahorhea. My god it's newgrounds 2004 bad.

Linked in case anyone else needs to poop.

https://youtu.be/8K-xkPP7Hfk

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

It sounded like they were going for an Archer type voice with the main ape but… no.

I did appreciate “Non Fuckable Toucan” in place of NFT though.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Remember folks, it's Settings > Watch History > Delete From Watch History

Alternatively, right-click (oh-no) then "View in private window"

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Seven Force posted:

Alternatively, right-click (oh-no) then "View in private window"

On my phone I use newpipe as the youtube client. No ads and this stuff doesn't get into my history.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

If you don't want to watch the whole cartoon (you don't), there's a twelve-second clip here. That's enough to tell that this is some amateur hour horseshit.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

On my phone I use newpipe as the youtube client. No ads and this stuff doesn't get into my history.

If you use the awful app (iOS) you can watch embedded videos and it doesn’t get into your history either.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

ultrafilter posted:

If you don't want to watch the whole cartoon (you don't), there's a twelve-second clip here. That's enough to tell that this is some amateur hour horseshit.

So is this show about how great NFTs are, or is it using those mascots just totally divorced from the cryptos?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Gutcruncher posted:

So is this show about how great NFTs are, or is it using those mascots just totally divorced from the cryptos?

I think their plan is to sell the NFTs featured in the show for a lot of money. I would say that they failed because the result looks like something from the rejects pile of early 2000's adult swim programming, but quality is irrelevant to NFT buyers, because they don't need to value something themselves. Instead they pretend to value something so they can find a bigger fool who they can leave holding the bag.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

ponzicar posted:

I think their plan is to sell the NFTs featured in the show for a lot of money. I would say that they failed because the result looks like something from the rejects pile of early 2000's adult swim programming, but quality is irrelevant to NFT buyers, because they don't need to value something themselves. Instead they pretend to value something so they can find a bigger fool who they can leave holding the bag.

Sorry, man. That’s not just an “NFT” paradigm, that’s all of crypto entirely.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Paypal now has a full screen unskippable ad on login attempting to lure people into buying crypto lol

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

“Learn about crypto” is an ad I get a lot on YouTube a lot and it loving drives me absolutely nuts

I know a lot about crypto and none of it encourages me to push a buy button

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

loving Venmo has a crypto button, between settings and the “entire reason we exist as a company” buttons

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Gutcruncher posted:

it's an advertisement for these specific NFTs, and an attempt to associate them with something notable to increase their value

instead of being one of ten thousand barely-distinguishable mix-and-match ape faces, these NFTs are now the stars of the first ever NFT cartoon, which will surely* become famous** as a piece of crypto history*** and make these lovely apes unique and scarce and far more valuable than the other ten thousand lovely apes

it's like how every time toy companies used to have trouble moving stock of an action figure line, they'd commission a mediocre saturday morning cartoon franchise starring that figure line, distinguishing it from the dozens of other similar toy lines on the shelves

*lol

**lol

***________lol__________

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

jokes posted:

“Learn about crypto” is an ad I get a lot on YouTube a lot and it loving drives me absolutely nuts

I know a lot about crypto and none of it encourages me to push a buy button

i have never seen an ad on youtube, ever. not even on my phone

what the gently caress are you people doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Using the YouTube app and not giving Google money means you see ads on YouTube