Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Great to see Keith has really capitalised on a month of Tory chaos

https://twitter.com/BritainElects/status/1465367104513888264

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

TACD posted:

Uhhh ??? This is just a bad joke or ???

Definitely aimed for bad joke, sorry if it was too off.

edit: i tend to think in "worst case scenario" mode a lot, helps me cope.

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Nov 29, 2021

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
rofl

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

smellmycheese posted:

Well he's doing another purge so as far as the right are concerned he's doing an amazing job

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I had a good purge today.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Just Another Lurker posted:

While all that is going on π is sneakily moving around with a one month incubation period and a 75% fatality rate that bypasses all the current vaccinations.

This is a joke because we all know the π variant will have an R0 value of a little over 3.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

namesake posted:

This is a joke because we all know the π variant will have an R0 value of a little over 3.

Sublime. :tipshat:

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

https://twitter.com/GaryLineker/status/1465352105607245832?s=20

I don't really know why but I feel like I should bring this to the attention of the thread.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I just remembered Facebook has employed Nick Clegg as it's head of PR for the last three years.

:lol:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

The Lib Dem fight back starts here

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
I like that it feels like the government wanted to wait until I'd got my booster before opening up until the plebs, although I'm a little annoyed that all my time spent pointing at chairs in vaccination centres to qualify as "frontline medical staff" only apparently bought me an extra day of super extra 5G coverage.

(It also apparently qualifies me for a free flu jab which they did at the same time, which was nice, but I'll check back in tomorrow when I'm getting the side-effects from both at the same time to confirm exactly *how* nice)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

WhatEvil posted:

I don't really know why but I feel like I should bring this to the attention of the thread.

Actually I don't know if he *is* qualified to speak on this as his infamous moment of television history - making GBS threads himself in the middle of the pitch during England v Ireland at Italy 90 in front of a worldwide audience of over a hundred million people - was in those very very short 90s shorts, not trousers, and it did actually escape (although as he was pissing rusty water out his arse he should be given *some* leeway). Unless he's now admitting to multiple incidents, in which case what's his username?

Pencils R Cool
Feb 16, 2011
Seeing Omicron everywhere just makes me want to replay SOMA. By the way you should play SOMA if you haven't already.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/yvette-cooper-labour-reshuffle-keir-starmer-b1966400.html

quote:

Labour reshuffle: Starmer brings Yvette Cooper back to front bench

Former minister Yvette Cooper is returning to the Labour front bench following a wide-ranging shadow cabinet reshuffle by Sir Keir Starmer.

The former work and pensions secretary will face Priti Patel as shadow home secretary, replacing Nick Thomas-Symonds in the role. She last held a shadow cabinet position in 2015.

Other major changes to Labour’s top team include a scaled-back role for former leader Ed Miliband, who has been stripped of his responsibilities for business policy and will focus on climate and net zero while Jonathan Reynolds becomes shadow business secretary.

etc etc

TwoShanks
Feb 27, 2007

Robots of the world unite
Someone who is good at the economy please help me understand this. A company called MPM Connect, which doesn't appear to do anything other than hold stocks, has given about £70k to Cooper and about £20k to Streeting this year. It appears to be one of about 200 companies registered to a semi detached house in Hertfordshire. Is there any way to find out what it actually is or does?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Can't wait for "Priti Patel is too soft on crime, soft like the thousands of rubber boats she keeps letting in."

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

TwoShanks posted:

Someone who is good at the economy please help me understand this. A company called MPM Connect, which doesn't appear to do anything other than hold stocks, has given about £70k to Cooper and about £20k to Streeting this year. It appears to be one of about 200 companies registered to a semi detached house in Hertfordshire. Is there any way to find out what it actually is or does?

I found this:

The coding for them on Companies House is "activities of head offices" which is management consultants.

Re the house they're registered at, this is quite normal - some place which offers a paid service as a 'registered office'*. I had one for a few years until I decided to dissolve my Ltd company this year as I don't need it. It was always interesting to see what other companies had the same registered office in Covent Garden as me (13760 companies in total as it happens!)

*rather than use your own home address

Some more info:
https://ukcom.biz/business/145708/mpm-connect-limited/

previously registered at 94 Cinnabar Wharf East

Fk me: "How much has this property changed in price since it was last sold?
Flat 94, Cinnabar Wharf East, 28 is a leasehold flat - it is ranked as the most expensive property in E1W 1NG, with a valuation of £6,882,000.

Since it last sold in April 2001 for £2,670,000, its value has increased by £4,212,000. "

I think this valuation is potentially blx

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 29, 2021

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

More:

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm/cmregmem/210104/cooper_yvette.htm

Read down and see the donations made by Peter Hearn (director of MPM Connect) as a private individual and also MPM Connect all for campaigning etc.
£15847 per quarter and the quarters correspond to traditional rent quarters. I guess they're paying for her constituency office.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

TwoShanks posted:

They're shelf companies, the two directors took control of three at that address on the same day. Peter Hearn has an actual searchable history as accountant and director, mostly in the Netherlands, so could be holding the bag for someone. Simon Murphy might be the same Simon Murphy who is CEO of the Battersea development company, so could be as simple as payments to leadership candidates who'll support important hilariously funded agreements like the Northern line extension.

E; drat jaeluni has skills

Spangly A fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Nov 29, 2021

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
lol i see that that f35 that we lost in the med didn't so much crash as just plop off the side of the carrier. Why? someone left a tarp over it that got sucked into the engine killing the thrust just as it went to take off.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I think this valuation is potentially blx

I'm not sure it is, looking at the other flats (which are pretty miserable but go for around £1-2m) - it seems to be a penthouse suite.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Full shuffle list (courtesy of someone on reddit)

Full list:

Deputy Leader, Shadow First Secretary of State, Shadow Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and Shadow Secretary of State for the Future of Work: Angela Rayner

Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer: Rachel Reeves

Shadow Secretary of State for Business and Industrial Strategy: Jonathan Reynolds

Shadow Secretary of State of Climate Change and Net Zero: Ed Miliband

Shadow Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing, Communities & Local Government: Lisa Nandy

Shadow Secretary of State for Defence: John Healey

Shadow Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport: Lucy Powell

Shadow Secretary of State for Education: Bridget Phillipson

Shadow Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs: Jim McMahon

Shadow Secretary of State for Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Affairs: David Lammy

Shadow Secretary of State for Health and Social Care: Wes Streeting

Shadow Secretary of State for the Home Department: Yvette Cooper

Shadow Secretary of State for International Trade: Nick Thomas-Symonds

Shadow Minister of State at the Cabinet Office: Jenny Chapman

Shadow Secretary of State for Justice: Steve Reed

Shadow Secretary of State for Transport: Louise Haigh

Shadow Secretary of State for Women and Equalities, Party Chair and Chair of Labour Policy Review: Anneliese Dodds

Shadow Secretary of State for Work and Pensions: Jonathan Ashworth

Shadow Attorney General: Emily Thornberry

Shadow Cabinet Minister for Mental Health: Rosena Allin-Khan*

Shadow Cabinet Minister for International Development: Preet Gill **

Shadow Chief Secretary to HM Treasury: Pat McFadden *

Shadow Secretary of State for Wales: Jo Stevens

Shadow Secretary of State for Scotland: Ian Murray

Shadow Secretary of State for Northern Ireland: Peter Kyle

National Campaign Coordinator: Shabana Mahmood

Shadow Leader of the House of Commons: Thangam Debbonaire

Shadow Chief Whip: Alan Campbell

Shadow Leader of the House of Lords: Angela Smith

Opposition Chief Whip in the House: Roy Kennedy

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

NotJustANumber99 posted:

lol i see that that f35 that we lost in the med didn't so much crash as just plop off the side of the carrier. Why? someone left a tarp over it that got sucked into the engine killing the thrust just as it went to take off.

Yeah someone pointed out in another thread that the US covers are bright red for easy visual recognition but our MoD decided to make them really dark red because gently caress it why not?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

https://twitter.com/Dorianlynskey/status/1465371641823825932

Spectator writers are the most petulent whingy babies.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

josh04 posted:

https://twitter.com/Dorianlynskey/status/1465371641823825932

Spectator writers are the most petulent whingy babies.

Snowflakes, in fact.
They should eat fewer avocado toasts and drink fewer lattes.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The Picture of Dorian Lynskey is a novella about people on Twitter with cartoon avatars of themselves looking smug.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Actually I don't know if he *is* qualified to speak on this as his infamous moment of television history - making GBS threads himself in the middle of the pitch during England v Ireland at Italy 90 in front of a worldwide audience of over a hundred million people - was in those very very short 90s shorts, not trousers, and it did actually escape (although as he was pissing rusty water out his arse he should be given *some* leeway). Unless he's now admitting to multiple incidents, in which case what's his username?

i didn't know about that and now i do

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
it was pooey paula radcliffe in my day

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

WhatEvil posted:

i suppose his diet is largely crisps

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Hàve some footage while it's still available https://twitter.com/sebh1981/status/1465351592018956295?s=21

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Pencils R Cool posted:

Seeing Omicron everywhere just makes me want to replay SOMA. By the way you should play SOMA if you haven't already.

If I made the choice to play Soma, would it be me playing it or someone different?

Better not.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/tom_gann/status/1465484193769603072

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

did y'all put lead back into gasoline after Brexit

How the gently caress can the Tories be up in the polls with a scandal every like 6 hours?

Did y'all lose the ability to have a loving drama on tv after so the PM had to take up the craft? Like what the gently caress

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The error is in believing that observable reality dictates what people think, when in actuality, what people want to think dictates what they see as real.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

OwlFancier posted:

The error is in believing that observable reality dictates what people think, when in actuality, what people want to think dictates what they see as real.

Can't you just get the lads together and spark the communist revolution already

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I like that it feels like the government wanted to wait until I'd got my booster before opening up until the plebs, although I'm a little annoyed that all my time spent pointing at chairs in vaccination centres to qualify as "frontline medical staff" only apparently bought me an extra day of super extra 5G coverage.

(It also apparently qualifies me for a free flu jab which they did at the same time, which was nice, but I'll check back in tomorrow when I'm getting the side-effects from both at the same time to confirm exactly *how* nice)

I got my booster and flu jab at the same time, and the nurse administering it gave me some great advice I'll pass on: get them both in the same arm. Because it felt like I took a good punch in the shoulder all that day, but at least it meant I could sleep on the other side.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

did y'all put lead back into gasoline after Brexit

How the gently caress can the Tories be up in the polls with a scandal every like 6 hours?

Did y'all lose the ability to have a loving drama on tv after so the PM had to take up the craft? Like what the gently caress

Sadly there’s no opposition party at the moment so nobody else for anyone to vote for

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Can't you just get the lads together and spark the communist revolution already

Looks to me like they're going for a conservative revolution instead.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Morning thread, have some nightmare fuel:

https://twitter.com/churnwell/status/1443523447573843968

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Has anyone called him "suckier" yet