Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

GilliamYaeger posted:

Sayo bleed decks let me brainlessly unga my way through that fight in both my playthroughs.

Thanks, that helped.

also :supaburn: oh god I'm on fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Having a normal one, thank you Silent Orchestra

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love how the sequel to PM's Library Battle Simulation is a "Guilt Resonance Cruel RPG".

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I'm coming back to Ruina after a three month break. I'm at the point the LP is in (Molar Office), but got distracted because I had to grind up to level 15 before the next fights opened up. Two questions:

- Is there a quick way to remove all cards from every Librarian? I have no idea of what is where.
- Do I have to grind Library Level? I don't wanna. :(

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm coming back to Ruina after a three month break. I'm at the point the LP is in (Molar Office), but got distracted because I had to grind up to level 15 before the next fights opened up. Two questions:

- Is there a quick way to remove all cards from every Librarian? I have no idea of what is where.

-There's a button on each keypage to remove all equipped pages from it, but there's not one to empty every key page from everyone to my knowledge. You can equip someone without having to de-equip the page from someone else first, though.

-You have to do the Abnormality Fights to move on. :(

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Fat Samurai posted:

Cards are attached to keypages, not individual Librarians. If you click on a keypage there's an option to clear out both their decks and their appends.

You don't "grind" Library Level. You don't get XP from fights in this game. It's a measurement of how far you've progressed your floors re: abnormality fights. If you do them as they unlock - which you should since each fight represents a massive increase in power with the last fight in each chain unlocking EGO so it's very much worth it - your level will naturally rise. If you're locked out of the next tier by your library level that means you haven't been strengthening your floors enough.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Is it possible to win the absolutely final battle in LoR (with cheat engine or trainers)?

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Is it possible to win the absolutely final battle in LoR (with cheat engine or trainers)?

If you stagger (or presumably reduce hp to zero, but it's hard to do that without staggering them first) either of your enemies then the battle ends prematurely, like it does after their mass attack normally. This is possible to do legitimately, even, although my impression was that you needed to get pretty lucky with rolls. If you 'won' that fight with cheats then the same thing would likely happen.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I actually got Baral down to 0 HP, so it's absolutely possible. Mind, as said above it ends the same way as if you time out, but still. It's not about winning, it's about sending a message.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

You can actually win that fight in the (honestly very good) Ruina mod for Slay the Spire, which I thought was very funny in a fanfictiony sort of way.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
You do get a steam achievement if you win without anybody getting incapacitated, although as mentioned previously it does require some luck.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still really want to know if that was their best effort, or if they were toying with the weakened Library denizens.

Rematch!!! :argh:

I'm sure future games will have more fights against claws (though I'm sure most people can guess that that's the last fight and probably arbiters too) I wonder about them in particular. I assume they're supposed to be as badass as they say and not just propaganda, but Baral saying "in your current state" makes it seem like he didn't think they could win against Roland at full strength backed up by Geb and Binah.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Nov 25, 2021

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Acerbatus posted:

I still really want to know if that was their best effort, or if they were toying with the weakened Library denizens.

Zena only mass-attacked once and it was just her hand slamming into the ground. Didn't use any passive abilities either. Maybe Baral was giving his best but I think she at least had a lot more juice she could have committed.

EDIT: Binah can 1v1 the Red Mist, Zena is probably around that level too.

ZeroCount fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Nov 25, 2021

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

ZeroCount posted:

EDIT: Binah can 1v1 the Red Mist, Zena is probably around that level too.

She can't 1v1 the Red Mist, though. Her entire plan at proto-LC was sicking all the abnos on Kali to wear her down, and Kali still got a mutual kill with Garion.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Something the final ruina fight puts in context is how insane actually wielding EGO poo poo is, making you realize just how hosed up L Corp agents were, even compared to late game ruina nuggets. LC spoilers, obv All of your agents deathballing a Claw during White Midnight and just clowning on him puts in perspective just how much power Ayin was just sort of casually tossing around. Angela doesn't have nearly as much control over the abnormalities, so in ruina you get to borrow Der Freischütz's gun for a couple turns, and only when everyone is peaking in emotions, but in LC you just gave someone the gun and said 'go wild, kid'.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

BisbyWorl posted:

She can't 1v1 the Red Mist, though. Her entire plan at proto-LC was sicking all the abnos on Kali to wear her down, and Kali still got a mutual kill with Garion.

Nah we know from LoR that giving Kali things to kill before she fights you just makes her stronger, it's her whole passive mechanic. Plus the mutual kill was only because Garion had to monologue, she could have won if she wasn't so smug

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

ZeroCount posted:

Nah we know from LoR that giving Kali things to kill before she fights you just makes her stronger, it's her whole passive mechanic. Plus the mutual kill was only because Garion had to monologue, she could have won if she wasn't so smug

To be fair, Zena is pretty loving smug too.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
An explanation for the Limbus Company crew's namesakes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI-4nM3vUW4

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Phew, Netzach's Realization really crams the difficulty into the last fight, doesn't it? I watched my librarians beat the stuffing out of each other in a panic, thinking I'd have to reset...and then Angela used Curtain Call, Netzach and the surviving librarian who had Nemo's key page on (thank goodness for that revive) staggered her, and the two managed to whittle down the remainder of her HP while the musicians kept pelting them. If I had made one more mistake in that fight, boom, an hour gone.

On a related note, the Night Awl pages go really, really well with Netzach's floor, huh?

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Singleton pierce carried me for a large portion of the game with Netzach. Night Awl + wedge office passives are a massive chunk of power, and the card quality is very high, what with easy access to draw 3, light regen, and just generally solid cards.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

How the heck am I supposed to handle Gebura's mission where she asks you to suppress different ALEPHs? I don't think I can do that once, let alone multiple different ones.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Tiny Myers posted:

How the heck am I supposed to handle Gebura's mission where she asks you to suppress different ALEPHs? I don't think I can do that once, let alone multiple different ones.

Well, the solution used in the LP was to defeat Apocalypse Bird - it counts as three separate Alephs.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

What ALEPHS do you have in your facility? Apart form the method mentioned by Tenebrais, CENSORED, AiB and Mountain are probably the easiest to suppress.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 29, 2021

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Failed two attempts at Chesed realization :saddowns:

First one in phase two via misunderstanding a mechanic that afaict is not documented AT ALL (cat powers up when you attack the other one or something and one-shot staggered Chesed at the worst possible time), second one in final phase (ugh) by misunderstanding the central, poorly documented mechanic and thus giving zero of my employees the role buffs. Didnt know I had to do the thing in the first combat round.

On the plus side, I didn't really have any trouble with the clashing parts, so I'm pretty sure i have it on try three.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Nov 30, 2021

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

Aumanor posted:

What ALEPHS do you have in your facility? Apart form the method mentioned by Tenebrais, CENSORED, AiB and Mountain are probably the easiest to suppress.

Currently, just CENSORED and Blue Star.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Tiny Myers posted:

Currently, just CENSORED and Blue Star.

Stay on the lookout for (numbers of abnormalities under spoiler) T-01-75 and D-01-106. Also, keep in mind that abnormalities defeated by the Rabbits count as suppressed for the purposes of the mission.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

GreyjoyBastard posted:

First one in phase two via misunderstanding a mechanic that afaict is not documented AT ALL (cat powers up when you attack the other one or something and one-shot staggered Chesed at the worst possible time), second one in final phase (ugh) by misunderstanding the central, poorly documented mechanic and thus giving zero of my employees the role buffs. Didnt know I had to do the thing in the first combat round.

On the plus side, I didn't really have any trouble with the clashing parts, so I'm pretty sure i have it on try three.

The cat powering up is absolutely documented, it's a passive.

Needing to use the role buffs the first round is a problem and I ran into it too. I wish it were more clear or for that matter just mandatory.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I gave the one that really wants to keep a certain card in hand to a discard deck. When it came time to play it, I didn't have it.

Didn't make THAT mistake twice.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

AweStriker posted:

I gave the one that really wants to keep a certain card in hand to a discard deck. When it came time to play it, I didn't have it.

Didn't make THAT mistake twice.

well i'm a boring horrible singleton rear end in a top hat even for ms purple, so at least that's not going to be a problem

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
When I do Chesed Realization, the last phase bugged out and it's passive list showed nothing. So I just went in blind and being extremely careful with my card. It's last phase is an instant total party kill if you failed to counter it.

Binah Realization is just silly. The first three phases all have methods to instant kill your librarian and I still really hate Judgement Birb. And you don't want a man down when fighting it's last phase.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Verant posted:

Now, hear me out, what if Gyeong-Mi wasn't the boss of the Stray Dogs but instead reported to their TRUE leader...

I just really need to post this
https://youtu.be/UsnVuVrJD-w

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

CHiRAL posted:

If I wasn't incredibly handwringy about whether or not a no-context Love Town instrumental theme qualified as spoilers, I would be dropping this in the thread itself right after I finish the next update. It's glorious. :allears:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

The musical spoilers in that go all the way to Impuritas, though, the Ensemble’s battle theme is in there.

https://youtu.be/n2nLRdzglPE

Now THIS one, however… only has the power chord from the beginning of Gebura’s. On the other hand… it shows the art book.

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

CHiRAL posted:

That is incredible

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Honestly, the thing I like best about that video is that Finn finally gets to graduate from finding lost kittens to finding lost puppies, *and* he gets a thank you note to boot!

Truly the better PM timeline.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
everything vishnya posts is pure gold.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Beat a certain Star of the City invitation on my first go - mainly thanks to Philosophy wearing it down to the point where I was able to mop up with Hod's floor - and got a certain legendary key page. Pic unrelated.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
In the final battle, I thought that you can only obtain Blue Reverb books after fully completing the game since you can't Burn Books. But turns out you get their keypage and 1 of their cards (their cards are very powerful after all) after defeating them and you can use it for the next boss fight. So I will get 10 boss level keypage after the initial boss rush is over.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Your Everyday NEET posted:

In the final battle, I thought that you can only obtain Blue Reverb books after fully completing the game since you can't Burn Books. But turns out you get their keypage and 1 of their cards (their cards are very powerful after all) after defeating them and you can use it for the next boss fight. So I will get 10 boss level keypage after the initial boss rush is over.
Most of them aren't very good, and basically exist as attribute fodder rather than actual, real pages you're meant to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

TeeQueue posted:

If I wasn't incredibly handwringy about whether or not a no-context Love Town instrumental theme qualified as spoilers, I would be dropping this in the thread itself right after I finish the next update. It's glorious. :allears:

Damnation. I was just popping in to see if it'd be kosher to post that in the LP thread even with that tease at Love Town, since you'd just finished the Stray Dogs fight. It definitely needs to be posted at some point, Vishnya's shitposts are a national treasure.