Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

lobsterminator posted:

I usually keep my steam list in the only installed games mode. I don't even have that many games, around 150 which has some humble bundle spam. But I like just seeing the installed games and telling my brains that "these are the handful of games you own now."

yeah i do that too so i stay focused on what i'm currently playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
some gamers play games and don't pay for them
other gamers pay for games and then don't play them

gamer is a land of contrasts

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

lobsterminator posted:

I usually keep my steam list in the only installed games mode. I don't even have that many games, around 150 which has some humble bundle spam. But I like just seeing the installed games and telling my brains that "these are the handful of games you own now."

same, but it's not helping

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
Nothing personnel kid

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

lobsterminator posted:

I do the same but I split it up into four categories: 2 beat, 4 chillin', fun with friends, and victory lap.
First category is self explanatory, second is sandbox games with no set ending, third is multiplayer games, and 4th are the games that I've beat but maybe I want to do a replay of them or I'm just not ready to uninstall to free up space on my hard drive. Once a month or two I go through and edit the lists.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

haldolium posted:

same, but it's not helping

Finish it.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

it just hides 11 titles and programs due to some view filtering. they're all installed

I did finish the Dysmantle story today though with level 69. Still installed, just case I want to 100% it I won't but only realize that in 2023 and then maybe keep it installed as it doesn't take much space and oh there is an addon coming 2024 so might as well have it ready.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sapozhnik posted:

some gamers play games and don't pay for them
other gamers pay for games and then don't play them

gamer is a land of contrasts

You say that like there aren't ones who download and then never play.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

inside of you there are 3 gamer wolves

they all suck, get better hobbies

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Excelzior posted:

Three gamer wolf moon.

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

Excelzior posted:

Three wolves??... Sounds heavy... Something something that must be where all the extra weight comes from, lmal

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

bloodborne should be on steam or GOG or something so i can drunkenly gift it to random people on my friends list whenever it goes on sale

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Rockman Reserve posted:

bloodborne should be on steam or GOG or something so i can drunkenly gift it to random people on my friends list whenever it goes on sale

Bad rats exists for this purpose.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Breetai posted:

Bad rats exists for this purpose.

i like the people on my friends lists

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Sony did put H:ZD up on GOG, but not Days Gone. I wonder what they'll do with the latest God of War.

Still, there's a better chance for PC Bloodborne now than there was before, even on GOG.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Theres no way pc bloodbourne wouldnt be the buggiest game ever released.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Theres no way pc bloodbourne wouldnt be the buggiest game ever released.

....why?

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I keep trying to grind my way through ffxv even though I stop playing it for periods so I have no loving clue what's going on. I find the story less engaging than nes entries.

The game has no story for the first two thirds, so don't worry about it.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Beartaco posted:

The game has no story for the first two thirds, so don't worry about it.

that's not true, there's shitloads of story before that, it's just that none of it is in the game

if you have any kind of tolerance for dumb anime bullshit the kingsglaive movie is on streaming and is pretty decent fun while you're stoned, it's pretty well animated and at one point someone drifts a car down the side of a collapsing building

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Rockman Reserve posted:

that's not true, there's shitloads of story before that, it's just that none of it is in the game

if you have any kind of tolerance for dumb anime bullshit the kingsglaive movie is on streaming and is pretty decent fun while you're stoned, it's pretty well animated and at one point someone drifts a car down the side of a collapsing building

Oh, genuinely that Kingsglaive movie has the most comprehensible and well told story out of anything else in the uhh, FF15 multimedia experience which isn't saying as much as I'd like it to but I still had a good time with it.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

Dark Souls was a horrible horrible mess when first released on PC. I guess things are different 10 years and multiple pc releases later tho.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Theres a Dragon Quest movie on Netflix that has no bullshit the best twist ending I've ever seen. I'd say its on the level of the ending of Enemy.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
FFXV talk I ended up keeping a picture of Cid's daughters tits and it made for a heartfelt ending

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I paid full price for Forza Horizon 5 and Rider's Republic and I don't regret a thing!

Might actually pick up Deathloop, although might wait for deeper sale later. It looks interesting and fun but definitely glad I didn't pay full price as I almost did.

Duck and Cover posted:

You're right I really should replace my 8tb with like 18tb. They were on sale recently but I opted to skip them because I would have needed at least 2 to make any difference to the usable space in my drive pool.

Yeah I have over 20 gigs in my computer in various forms and it's starting to get almost full again. Gonna have to get one of those crazy expensive massive HDDs for all my simple games and at least one more SSD for the demanding ones

Play fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Nov 30, 2021

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Play posted:

I paid full price for Forza Horizon 5 and Rider's Republic and I don't regret a thing!

Might actually pick up Deathloop, although might wait for deeper sale later. It looks interesting and fun but definitely glad I didn't pay full price as I almost did.

Yeah I have over 20 gigs in my computer in various forms and it's starting to get almost full again. Gonna have to get one of those crazy expensive massive HDDs for all my simple games and at least one more SSD for the demanding ones

I'm at 40tb for my nas but only 1tb for my desktop. I just don't hoard video games.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Play posted:

deathloop is a little weird but it really owns a ton and the weird assymetric multiplayer is frankly kinda inspired for an Arkane immersive sim even if it's not the most balanced, those games are never about balance to begin with. the interstitial radio banter is fun and Arkane clearly designed the whole experience from the ground up with a philosophy of "seriously guys you don't need to play all of our games non-lethally when we spend all this time making these cool powers and weapons, go loving hogwild being Murder Superman"

literally barely survived an invasion because the Juliet was actually using the masquerade power and blending in to (ever-dwindling as I moved through the level) NPC groups after hit-and-run attacks, it was the most fun i've had with a stranger in an FPS ever and there was totally this level of weird nonverbal cat-and-mouse communication as we played, despite obviously having never played together before and not having any real way to chat

that, and juliet's second or third outfit is just "Lana from Archer but in sparkly champagne pink" and it's fantastic

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Hector Delgado posted:

FFXV talk I ended up keeping a picture of Cid's daughters tits and it made for a heartfelt ending

I went for a photo of the big bad villain, my flatmate decided to go lore friendly and brought a photo of cup noodles (tm).

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Iirc there are special dialogs for certain photos at the end of FFXV.

aceface
Dec 27, 2017

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Play posted:

I started Riders Republic with the demo and wound up liking it enough to buy. In spite of the extreme sports that it consists of, it's actually a very relaxing game to play and chill out to. There's not much of a sense of urgency and you can do whatever the heck you want at your own pace. Fun game.

That being said, aside from the Mass Events which are really cool, I do find it a bit lacking in multiplayer. I wish there was a lobby system to join online events, as far as I can tell the only way to play online is to join a group. Am I missing something?

Edit: I'm only like 2 hours into Deathloop but it's really fun.

aceface fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 30, 2021

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
FF15 is a game where you spend 20-30 hours driving around doing fetch quests, beating up monsters and listening to SNES music before you get to Altissa and the developers remembered "Oh wait we're supposed to include a story in this thing" at which point you skip the entire second act and get straight to the part where you learn who's really pulling the strings behind the baddies and go after them.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Well the DS2 pc port was a trashfire when it released, but DS3 and Sekiro were a million times better so clearly FROM has improved.
But on the other hand they probably developed those games from day 1 with a potential pc port in mind which makes it a lot easier than trying to hack all the right bits into place in a game full of assumptions about only running on one platform.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
There was a big nvidia leak a few months ago that pre revealed a bunch of playstation exclusives getting ported to pc. god of war etc but also like the demon souls remake and other stuff that still hasn't been officially announced yet.

bloodborne was not one of them. it's as de-confirmed as it can possibly be.

great game but sony gives absolutely zero shits about it.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

as far as I'm concerned Bloodborne is at the point where it's remake or bust, that poo poo is ancient history, I don't feel like going back 5+ years to play some ancient piece of, wait hold on who's that at the door...

aceface
Dec 27, 2017

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

QuarkJets posted:

as far as I'm concerned Bloodborne is at the point where it's remake or bust, that poo poo is ancient history, I don't feel like going back 5+ years to play some ancient piece of, wait hold on who's that at the door...

Playing it at 30fps now just makes me sad.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

You know I hadn't realized this game was so old or maybe I'm old. What is time? Myth 2 is Bungie's hot new release right? Is Westwood still churnin' out great games like Nox and Command and Conquer Renegade?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Rockman Reserve posted:

I think game companies don't appreciate how much profit they make from a gift function.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I think Souls games are the best, but I like them in the sense it's sort of this outlier, and also they are really fun for reasons other than them being sort of hard as well. But I really don't want Souls 24/7. I kind of hate that it's spawned this new wave where so many games have to be hard now. This is especially noticeable in indie games because it feels like 60% of them are chasing that souls clout and many of them would have been better off being less of a pain in the rear end.

I actually kind of dislike where games are in regards to difficulty these days. Sometimes I want a good challenge and sometimes I want to just relax and play some dumb mindless poo poo. But most of the time I just want a game that is challenging enough to keep me from getting bored without ever getting too stuck on something. But I feel like this middle ground isn't represented much these days. most AAA games are stupidly easy with so many upgrades you can just sleep through them. On the flipside so many indie games wank off to how challenging they are, but most of them aren't really good enough to warrant the commitment.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

veni veni veni posted:

I think Souls games are the best, but I like them in the sense it's sort of this outlier, and also they are really fun for reasons other than them being sort of hard as well. But I really don't want Souls 24/7. I kind of hate that it's spawned this new wave where so many games have to be hard now. This is especially noticeable in indie games because it feels like 60% of them are chasing that souls clout and many of them would have been better off being less of a pain in the rear end.

I actually kind of dislike where games are in regards to difficulty these days. Sometimes I want a good challenge and sometimes I want to just relax and play some dumb mindless poo poo. But most of the time I just want a game that is challenging enough to keep me from getting bored without ever getting too stuck on something. But I feel like this middle ground isn't represented much these days. most AAA games are stupidly easy with so many upgrades you can just sleep through them. On the flipside so many indie games wank off to how challenging they are, but most of them aren't really good enough to warrant the commitment.

What are some examples of some tough indie games?

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

Beartaco posted:

What are some examples of some tough indie games?

dark sols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

Hollow Knight, dead cells, blasphemous, bloodstained, la mulana, deaths gambit, titan souls

And loads of others

I don't have the patience for brutally challenging games anymore

I make liberal use of the assist mode settings in Control, and it makes the game more enjoyable