Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yea, but college kids don’t have a choice.

the transfer portal is a click away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yea, but college kids don’t have a choice.

They do now.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

LLCoolJD posted:

So who takes over offensive play calling duties for Bama if Bill O'Brien leaves this week?

A glowing, white-hot orb of Saban's anger.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Everyone getting Jimbo deals

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I fully expected this to end with the Castellanos thing tbh

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

“…not being able to be the one to sharw the news with you…”

That’s some Petrino/Falcons level weaselry

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Man, if I could go back and tell myself at 19 that I could drop some jobs like this

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Regardless of the outcomes of the championship games, the playoff committee has to drop Notre Dame from consideration. You can't put a coachless team in the playoff

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
i would not drag my rear end to the football facility at 7am to listen to whatever Brian Kelly has to say, but maybe I'm just built different

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

C-Euro posted:

A real Michigan man knows that dressing in layers is the key to staying warm.

My wife grew up in a tropical climate, but despite spending the last 15 years in Great Lakes-adjacent states I still can't get this through to her.

Is he wearing 9 belts?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Proud Christian Mom posted:

the transfer portal is a click away

There’s a limited number of programs with national exposure and kids also often want to stay near their families. Plenty of complete loving assholes have managed to recruit really well.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Dr_Strangelove posted:

“…not being able to be the one to sharw the news with you…”

That’s some Petrino/Falcons level weaselry

Also Todd Graham (Pitt -> ASU)

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Komet posted:

Regardless of the outcomes of the championship games, the playoff committee has to drop Notre Dame from consideration. You can't put a coachless team in the playoff

- yes, you can
- I hope both Notre Dame and Cincinnati are in the playoffs without a head coach

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Miami and Lane seems like a really dangerous combination. Like you're going to reach criticality one way or the other, a contained reaction that is awesome or a complete meltdown that kills everyone in the area.

Lane to Miami would be a great fit and hire for Miami. I think Lane would be able to consistently challenge for the Coastal with plus coaching and plus recruiting to make up for Miami's under-investment into football. Lane being a clown isn't a penalty at Miami like it is at Florida. If Miami melts down, it wouldn't be any different than what they've done since joining the ACC.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
There's so much money being thrown at coaches. The Alabama boosters are going to have to build a Colossus of Rhodes-type statue of Saban across the Black Warrior River at this rate.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

SourKraut posted:

Also Todd Graham (Pitt -> ASU)

god yes, Pitt had a hilarious string of rapid-fire coaching changes, one dude never even coached a game

good times

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

LLCoolJD posted:

There's so much money being thrown at coaches. The Alabama boosters are going to have to build a Colossus of Rhodes-type statue of Saban across the Black Warrior River at this rate.

Make him governor

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Godzilla07 posted:

Lane to Miami would be a great fit and hire for Miami. I think Lane would be able to consistently challenge for the Coastal with plus coaching and plus recruiting to make up for Miami's under-investment into football. Lane being a clown isn't a penalty at Miami like it is at Florida. If Miami melts down, it wouldn't be any different than what they've done since joining the ACC.

Miami doesn’t give a poo poo about football. Lane isn’t going there because it’s a strictly worse job than Ole Miss. Lower profile, worse resources and facilities, and an admin that doesn’t actually want a return on the days of the U.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

LLCoolJD posted:

$95 million for Mel Tucker.

How quaint

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

LLCoolJD posted:

Apparently he’s due a raise soon. Clause in his contract says he must be paid at least as much as the average of the top 3 coaches in the SEC or top 5 nationally, whichever is greater

Just absolute GOAT poo poo

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Kelly should have just done an Irish goodbye

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Early Signing Day was a mistake

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

sportsgenius86 posted:

I went to an OSU-Northwestern game in Evanston in 2006 that was freezing cold. I had like 4 layers on, with those hot hands things and everything. It was bitterly cold.

We were first row behind the OSU bench. There were some uppity Northwestern people behind us who complained when we stood up and cheered after touchdowns. The lady was wearing an ankle length brown fur coat with matching boots, hat and gloves and after the third time she complained that we stood up after a touchdown, my cousin turned around and made Chewbacca noises at her.

That’s my cold weather game story.

Wholesome nonsense like this is truly the spirit of our beloved sport

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Elephanthead posted:

Is he wearing 9 belts?

There might be some suspenders

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Omnikin posted:

Apparently he’s due a raise soon. Clause in his contract says he must be paid at least as much as the average of the top 3 coaches in the SEC or top 5 nationally, whichever is greater

Just absolute GOAT poo poo

This is amazing holy poo poo. Pay raises through the sheer hatred you’ve instilled in competitors boosters.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I still can't get over that Brian Kelly group-text for a 7am meeting tomorrow, what the hell is that scene gonna look like?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I’m guessing 7 AM isn’t that early for football players

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Brian Kelly you slimy bastard.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I’m absolutely giddy at how all this is playing out. It’s almost certainly acceleration toward the death of the sport, but it’s intensely entertaining.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
So what is Miami doing lol

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Make him governor

It would be a step down at this point tbh

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Trying to hire a new AD first, as that man will make the decision on Manny Diaz's fate.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

a neat cape posted:

Frankly seems like a good year to sit tight and just suck for 12 more months.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
lmfao at everything. this carousel is superb

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
destination schools getting their coaches poached owns

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Komet posted:

He might bring immediate stability to your QB play and offensive playcalling, but in the mid-long term, VT will struggle recruiting when players believe he might leave any given year. He brought a 5* QB recruit on his Patriots pedigree. That's not going to happen at VT. Christian Hackenberg is a cautionary tale

I understood the first half of this but have no idea what the gently caress you're saying in the second.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Sexton is a genius

https://twitter.com/TonyPaul1984/status/1465515005403672577

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Easy to negotiate when you’ve got the best person at his job on the entire planet as your client.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Holy moly

https://twitter.com/brynstole/status/1465532388260384769?t=P1JmRG6x6jOQ0QZvLn8LWg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Easy to negotiate when you’ve got the best person at his job on the entire planet as your client.

Of course, you know that Mrs. Terry is probably getting out her pile of thank you cards for Kelly and Riley saying thanks for the extra dosh