Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

https://twitter.com/nataliesurely/status/1465370449517461520

whoops lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

And it doesn't start until like 2035 or something

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Why is a whoops? This is by design.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

joe manchin strikes again

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

lmao my kids would fuckin riot if I made them eat Lunchables.

Kids don't want lunchables anymore? Back in my day they were The Cool Lunch thanks to extensive marketing during saturday morning cartoons, and they did absolutely nuts (and in retrospect pretty gross) ideas like tiny little cold hamburgers.

Kids These Days, demanding proper nutrition and/or stuff that tastes like more than just salted nothing, what is the world coming to. Back in my day you decided you liked something because the TV person told you you liked it and you liked it that way. :colbert:

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

The Nastier Nate posted:

joe manchin strikes again

You can just kinda gloss over it in committee and hearings and hopefully it goes under the radar until you call a vote and the repubs will be like, yeah, we'll let you have this one since you poison pilled it yourselves, no worries.

This tweet doesn't matter. None of this matters.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

i definitely just noticed that lunchables are 100% out of stock at my store

like I wasn't going to buy any but whenever I see a completely empty section in an aisle I'm always curious about what is now gone.

https://www.today.com/food/there-lunchables-shortage-parents-say-they-re-missing-store-shelves-t231634

lmao my kids would fuckin riot if I made them eat Lunchables.

Being a notAmerican, I had to google precisely what Lunchables were.

I would absolutely have rioted as a kid if this poo poo was slapped down in front of me and told "Here's your lunch"

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
why's there a cookie

where's my snickers

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Shame Boy posted:

Kids don't want lunchables anymore? Back in my day they were The Cool Lunch thanks to extensive marketing during saturday morning cartoons, and they did absolutely nuts (and in retrospect pretty gross) ideas like tiny little cold hamburgers.

Kids These Days, demanding proper nutrition and/or stuff that tastes like more than just salted nothing, what is the world coming to. Back in my day you decided you liked something because the TV person told you you liked it and you liked it that way. :colbert:

my kids still think soda is spicy and that three m&m's is "a lot of candy" so im gonna keep up on that as long as I can.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

little pretend MREs for our little soldier

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I would absolutely have rioted as a kid if this poo poo was slapped down in front of me and told "Here's your lunch"

Serious question: is that supposed to be the whole lunch (with something to drink I guess)?

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
lunchables are fine and better than the alternative of pb&j which is literally two dessert condiments on bread

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lmao jam is a "dessert condiment"

Lmao

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'll still eat a pizza lunchable and enjoy it. I don't give a drat!!

But my kid prefers raw vegetables to stuff like that so easy win for me there.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm never going to believe a human being would voluntarily eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. It's a joke imaginary thing created by Americans, like eating rear end and New Jersey.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Serious question: is that supposed to be the whole lunch (with something to drink I guess)?

It generally comes with a capri sun pouch thing in the box, and I seem to remember them being a tiny bit larger and having way more calorie-dense stuff back in my day, but yes.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Oh good they still do these monstrosities

Now that's a fuckin' lunchable :colbert:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

In case anyone's wondering, yes, you do just eat the tiny burgers ice cold and pretend it's as good as a real burger.

Also I found a picture of the (long-since extinct) one I liked the best back in the day, they do seem to have actually been bigger and I wasn't just imagining it. And I forgot, it didn't come with a capri sun, it came with a straight-up can of soda lmao

None of this "whole grain" bullshit, no, you get proper american Wonder brand white bread to go with your wieners and 2 chocolate balls

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

yeah nobody gave a gently caress if you came to school with a regular rear end lunchable. now, a pizza lunchable...

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
it says "no need to heat"... but what happens if you DO heat it up?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

it says "no need to heat"... but what happens if you DO heat it up?

I imagine the Lunchables[TM] Cola would taste rather vile.

Hirsute
May 4, 2007
I lived in Tokyo for a year and the grocery store near me had one jar of expensive peanut butter but I bought that poo poo all the time like a filthy american pig, peanut butter is great

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm never going to believe a human being would voluntarily eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. It's a joke imaginary thing created by Americans, like eating rear end and New Jersey.

there is nothing wrong with eating New Jersey

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I have eaten rear end while in New Jersey, what does that make me

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Shame Boy posted:

I have eaten rear end while in New Jersey, what does that make me

Unfortunate?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jazerus posted:

yeah nobody gave a gently caress if you came to school with a regular rear end lunchable. now, a pizza lunchable...

they used to have them with the red plastic stick but they don't any more

some dumb kid ruined it for the rest of us and now i have to smear the tomato sauce allover my pizza dough with my finger

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
the cola tasted terrible so capri sun is an upgrade in my book

and to all you snooty eurotrash: you shoulda seen the school's lunch in comparison

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

did everyone's school do "dominos pizza Fridays" where you could buy a slice of pizza for a dollar?

i remember the rich kids getting like five slices and then not being able to eat it all because that's a lot of fuckin pizza.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Lol the best part about being an adult is getting to eat basically this all the time and it's cool and classy and nobody judges you. It's called charcuterie. You eat it off fancy expensive pieces of wood instead of out of a little plastic tray. You can even feed it to your guests and they'll thank you and think you're wonderful and compliment you

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I wish I was eating charcuterie right now

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

did everyone's school do "dominos pizza Fridays" where you could buy a slice of pizza for a dollar?

i remember the rich kids getting like five slices and then not being able to eat it all because that's a lot of fuckin pizza.

uh you mean everyday from the hot and ready grill some cheap as poo poo mass purchased pizza, you better believe i was a fat kid

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I wish I was eating charcuterie right now

when we achieve communism, friend

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
just eat a carrot, boom, charcuterie in your mouth

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Oh man charcuterie sounds great. Want to have a tasteful snack platter party with me on Friday when the new WoT comes out?

I have a 40 year old single buddy who works as a Costco manager. Nice guy and one of my best friends. He only buys the easy to prepare stuff from Costco, like the 80 pack of burritos. Then he eats nothing but 80 burritos in a row. Then he buys the gallon of hummus and huge bag of pretzels and that's what he eats. Then he buys the 30 pack of salty gross rear end pho and you get the idea.

Anyway he bought a giant fuckoff huge thing of Lunchables one time. Until that day I had never seen a grown man eat one. Maybe I've seen, like, a dad finish one after the kid doesn't finish, but never just eating one for lunch. It's super weird, like the context doesn't make sense to me. And he had so many to eat in a row.

I didn't say anything 'cause he's a grown man who can eat what he wants. Plus he's awesome and an awesome friend.

Thanks to this derail I got to remember a friend I haven't called in a while. Thanks thread!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

A Bakers Cousin posted:

uh you mean everyday from the hot and ready grill some cheap as poo poo mass purchased pizza, you better believe i was a fat kid

i just remember it was a distinct event because the actual cafeteria pizza was square and didn't have an actual edge crust.

but on dominos pizza day everyone was in line because it was decent compared to the regular slop.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

when we achieve communism, friend

My "Critique of Dialectical Reason (2021 Edition)" is just a giant pile of meats and cheeses and olives on a board

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

We didn't have any brand tie-ins during actual school lunch but we had periodic after school fundraisers where Carabbas would make a bunch of chicken and pasta and you could get a whole bunch of it for like five bucks, that was pretty good.

I also remember this other fundraiser involving frozen food that barely even still exists in my memory other than the fact that one of the frozen food items you could buy was just "a fuckin' giant-rear end tub of cookie dough" and you better believe when we got it once I would sneak chunks of cookie dough out of that tub when nobody was looking.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
my middle school had rotating fast food vendors, we’d have papa johns and Pizza Hut the same week, and chik fil a too. hell I think I’m like 40 pounds down from my middle school weight right now. really hit that sweet spot where fast food companies were going after school kids right at school before people worried too much about health.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Shame Boy posted:

Oh good they still do these monstrosities

Now that's a fuckin' lunchable :colbert:

the packaging of these things makes me angry and sad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

my middle school had rotating fast food vendors, we’d have papa johns and Pizza Hut the same week, and chik fil a too. hell I think I’m like 40 pounds down from my middle school weight right now. really hit that sweet spot where fast food companies were going after school kids right at school before people worried too much about health.

that's loving crazy to me because I literally weighed half what I do now when I was 13.

my school didn't get fast food vendors until high school and even then I didn't experience it until moving to Anchorage. my school in Michigan didn't have any vendors.