Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

bobjr posted:

I do hope the traitor plot isn't "Hagakure forced into it or All For One will kill her family/loved ones, but Deku and Class 1A promise to beat him so that won't happen, so she doesn't traitor everyone", mostly because it's kind of too late to do that plot, and also wouldn't have much of a point at the end of the day.

Hmm, well if we’re presenting crack theories for possible future bragging rights, I’m calling it that Hagakure is somehow Shigaraki’s sister and her quirk activated for the first time when her brother “killed” her. I don’t actually believe that but it’s the kind of plot beat that a superhero comic would go in for.

Personally I think it would be more *fun* if she really is just an irredeemable villain but maintains the peppy schoolgirl personality throughout (Toga could use a friend.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I feel like the most obvious motive would be something like:

Being permanently invisible sucks rear end and despite her bubbly persona she deeply hates her quirk and how it impacted her and she just wants to be a normal girl who can be seen by other people both in a literal and figurative sense and for whatever reason she was approached by All for One who offered to take her quirk away if she helped him.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

If they use the whole traitor plot as an excuse to finally give Hagakure some depth (and maybe even eventually show us her true form) I’m fine with this new development honestly.

As someone else said, I kind of hope she wasn’t being manipulated against her will and was instead just pulling a long con this whole time (also Deku and/or the other heroes having to try to fight against an enemy they can’t see (particularly if she removes her gloves) cold be interesting)

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
deku could just roll up into a ball and bounce himself through the school to end sue storm at this point

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Hagakure is going to reveal she's been holding back this whole time and is as strong as Deku, Bakugo, and Todoroki combined.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Hagakure is deku's dad and she stole his real quirk

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hagakure has been holding back this whole time and is the true final boss

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
My Hagakure Academia

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I can’t remember if I posted this week yet, but I’m going with this is a head fake. She’s there spying on the villains, overheard AFO and now will inform everyone that there’s a traitor in their midst.

Is it a double head fake and she’s also the traitor but wants to sow confusion amongst the heroes? Who knows.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I can’t remember if I posted this week yet, but I’m going with this is a head fake. She’s there spying on the villains, overheard AFO and now will inform everyone that there’s a traitor in their midst.

Is it a double head fake and she’s also the traitor but wants to sow confusion amongst the heroes? Who knows.

Like the end of that one chapter where Aoyama is just staring at a sleeping Izuku and people were sure he was the mole?

I mean it'd be funny if that last panel was just the pov of the actual mole.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Start of the next chapter: the students discover a bloodstain and an invisible corpse

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Shinso fans waiting for a spot to open in 1A would be pleased

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

FireWorksWell posted:

Shinso fans waiting for a spot to open in 1A would be pleased

Not when he's revealed as the traitor/murderer

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

christmas boots posted:

Hagakure isn't deliberately feeding intel to All for One, she's just been sharing every thing that happens with her pen pal who is also a Japanese high school girl that wants to be a hero.

Little did she know that it was merely All for One pretending to be a teenage girl the entire time.

That sounds like something he'd do. I think.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

FireWorksWell posted:

Like the end of that one chapter where Aoyama is just staring at a sleeping Izuku and people were sure he was the mole?

I mean it'd be funny if that last panel was just the pov of the actual mole.

True, for all we know that scene at the end could have actually been Hagakure squaring off against the real traitor and we were seeing from the latter’s perspective.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Probably Magic posted:

My Hagakure Academia

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Hagakure is going to end up being one of those grown women posing as a highschooler, no one can tell cause she’s got high energy and is doing a vtuber voice.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hagakure is going to be revealed as a giant, horrific looking monster nomu. She'll still have the personality of a peppy, up beat teenage girl though.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
if she had a nomu body then mineta would have found out by now

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Oxxidation posted:

if she had a nomu body then mineta would have found out by now

UA students start vanishing one by one, and it all began when Mineta went missing and a bit of his blood was found around a carved hole between the locker rooms.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

That sounds like something he'd do. I think.

Now I'm just imagining him writing about cute boys, shows he recently started watching, something cute he saw in the mall the other day, etc.

But all with the same gravitas as when he tells All Might who Shigraki really is.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Arist posted:

Not when he's revealed as the traitor/murderer

Shinso: okay so you're a traitor [hagakure], and you're a traitor [ayoma] and HE'S a traitor [kaminari] and IM a traitor is anyone else a traitor?!

nezu: squeak

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

christmas boots posted:

Now I'm just imagining him writing about cute boys, shows he recently started watching, something cute he saw in the mall the other day, etc.

But all with the same gravitas as when he tells All Might who Shigraki really is.

"You're lying! How could you expect me to believe that?!"

"Come now, you should know by now that it's EXACTLY the kind of thing I would do."

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

This picture was from an art exhibition Horikoshi did a while back and people took it as a hint that Aoyama was the traitor, but clearly this is actually art of Hagakure's true form.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Nah, he's just about to see the Truth.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"IT'S ME MIDORIYA! IT'S ME, MIDORIYA! IT WAS ME, ALL ALONG, MIDORIYA!"

*lowers hood to reveal nothing there*

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rhonne posted:

This picture was from an art exhibition Horikoshi did a while back and people took it as a hint that Aoyama was the traitor, but clearly this is actually art of Hagakure's true form.

why'd aoyama open up the gate of truth who was he trying to bring back to life with a human transmutation

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
dont mind me just making a big philosopher’s stone so I can swallow god

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Kild posted:

why'd aoyama open up the gate of truth who was he trying to bring back to life with a human transmutation

It was just for cheese actually

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Hagakure has got to be a decoy, why give up the dramatic twist of a traitor reveal on a stinger page?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Vengarr posted:

Hagakure has got to be a decoy, why give up the dramatic twist of a traitor reveal on a stinger page?

I think it's definitely somebody else looking at her at that moment and I still hope it's Kaminari

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Why is Kaminari a huge traitor candidate again?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
He was looking kind of dumb with his finger and his thumb In the shape of an "L" on his forehead

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

Caidin posted:

Why is Kaminari a huge traitor candidate again?

He supposedly had some radio thing at the USJ attack, and people speculated he was lying about it being blocked so as not to call for backup. He also thought Stain's video/ethos was cool even though it was evil and scary.

There may be other things I'm forgetting but those are the main two I remember people saying.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Vengarr posted:

Because the real twist will come once Tooru activates the country-wide Philosopher's Stone, only for Aoyama to reveal he's been setting up a counter measure this whole time.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kild posted:

He just wanted a way to use his quirk without making GBS threads himself and things just sort of got out of hand.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Kaminari and Hagakure are the two who haven’t had some kind of inner monologue showing how they want to be heroes too if I remember right.

Rhonne posted:

He just wanted a way to use his quirk without making GBS threads himself and things just sort of got out of hand.

If he ended up becoming the traitor because he wanted to poop normal and All for One promised to fix that, and it’s treated as a deadly serious arc, I’d probably end up liking it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

An embittered Aoyama snaps the Infinity Gauntlet to ensure everyone else shits their pants when using their Quirks.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

bobjr posted:

Kaminari and Hagakure are the two who haven’t had some kind of inner monologue showing how they want to be heroes too if I remember right.

If he ended up becoming the traitor because he wanted to poop normal and All for One promised to fix that, and it’s treated as a deadly serious arc, I’d probably end up liking it.

He gets a moment during the war arc like back in 260 or something where he’s about to be in that charge and thinks about protecting the people he cares about (with Jiro pictured specifically) and then I think he also has a flashback with Tokoyami too. So if Kaminari is actually the traitor then his loyalties are definitely divided unless his inner monologue is lying to the reader

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Speaking of Aoyama, theres a possiblity his incompatibility with his quirk is from it being given by AfO. The other people who had issues with their quirks are Deku and Dabi. Deku had his quirk given and Dabi's is only when he uses the blue flames and is a failed hybrid. Meanwhile Aoyama shits himself after a few seconds of use and that's with a support item which tracks with Deku breaking his bones using OfA.