Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Yeah, I'm pretty much just looking at blocks, because I bought 1TB of Newsdemon last year and only used 488GB of it in a year. I'm so casually light in my usage about this crap that I haven't had a paid indexer for six months because the free Drunken Slug account has been enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Just for your goons' info, drunken slug registration are open again.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Thanks for the newshosting deal, my black friday deal from last year with eweka was going to run out in a couple of weeks. Drunkenslug is good too, all I have is nzb.su right now.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I pull a ton from drunkenslug, it’s pretty good

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Thought I had need for a lot of new stuff but went and checked all the random 1tb block accounts I've gathered through the past few years and lol I don't think I need anything from black Friday after all!

Went ahead and reupped 18months of drunkenslug tho.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Looking for a backup on a separate backbone from Frugal, is there a better deal out there than $28/yr for newsgroupdirect?

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

If you have Frugal, fill up the blanks with blocks. Frugal will cover you with Omicron/UsenetFarm, so add some combination of ViperNews/UsenetExpress/Abavia based blocks and you'll cover pretty much everything.

Tornhelm fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Nov 26, 2021

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
Newsgroupdirect are selling 500GB blocks for $1.50 today (limited availability)

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Got on the newsgroup direct block sale for $1.50.

So that gets UsenetExpress, and I have Ninja as my main, so that's Omicron. Grabbed a ViperNews block, and upped my NZBGeek for 5 more years.

Ready to rock for a while now.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

If you're grabbing with Sonarr NGD is fine. The price is right but nobody will vouch for UE as a backup server if it's old or taken down. I have a rosier view of stuff posted to fringe groups.

I've had good luck with them for boutique blu-ray linux distros. Everything is YMMV but I was surprised some other trial subs completely whiffed on that stuff.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Drunken Slug registration is open and they have an a 18 month for the price of 12 deal.

Edit, whoops already covered....

apatheticman fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 27, 2021

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I'm a returning usenet user from the ancient times, back when your only providers were your ISP's news service and giganews, the downloaders looked like torrent programs, and the only NZB indexes were fully public and flooded with fakes. I'm adapting to these strange new times well enough, but I have a simple question: Is there any way to see more details about your connection/download status in NZBGet? It seems like a mysterious black box so far where I give it an nzb and it gives me :filez: in return, with just a simple progress bar. How do I know which of my providers it's pulling from, how many connections from each it's using, etc?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I'm a returning usenet user from the ancient times, back when your only providers were your ISP's news service and giganews, the downloaders looked like torrent programs, and the only NZB indexes were fully public and flooded with fakes. I'm adapting to these strange new times well enough, but I have a simple question: Is there any way to see more details about your connection/download status in NZBGet? It seems like a mysterious black box so far where I give it an nzb and it gives me :filez: in return, with just a simple progress bar. How do I know which of my providers it's pulling from, how many connections from each it's using, etc?

Click on the name of the download then click on articles and it'll show you this window which will show you what servers it's getting the parts from.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Ah, of course, the one thing I didn't think to click. Thanks.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
You can also get historical stats by clicking on the Remaining Time in the top left, then clicking Total Downloaded.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
Anyone else using readarr or LazyLibrarian? I've got readarr working after 2 hours of pulling my hair out with path mapping. It works perfectly, grabs a book, sends it to Calibre via the content server and that shows up in Calibre properly. What I want to do is automate the "send book to email" to send it to my Kindle automatically. For some reason Google is totally failing me here or this isn't possible. I tried installing LazyLibrarian but same thing. Anyone messed around with automating this?

diremonk
Jun 17, 2008

If I remember correctly, you need to do something on the Amazon side of things. I think you might need to white list the sending email address before it will work.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

There’s also some dumb thing now where documents you send to your kindle via email require you to click a validation link sent to that email before it will process it.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

I'm possibly being very dumb, but I have docker configured to run all my *arr's including Prowlarr in their own containers. I was able to link Prowlarr to Sonarr and Radarr and to populate the indexers from its end, but the download client (nzbget) will not populate from Prowlarr (where it is configured and passes any test connections) to either of the other *arr's. I don't see an option to push that information to the applications as I do the indexers; should I be configuring them manually?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Does Prowlarr do that? I thought you configure the Dow loafers in there so you can manually send things to them from prowlarr.

IIRC it only configures the indexers to your other Arrs.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Matt Zerella posted:

Does Prowlarr do that? I thought you configure the Dow loafers in there so you can manually send things to them from prowlarr.

IIRC it only configures the indexers to your other Arrs.

Prowlarr can handle all the downloads itself (there's an option when setting up the apps to determine whether the app itself handles the download or Prowlarr does), so I suspect the download client setup in Prowlarr itself may be exclusively for that, rather than populating outward to the apps themselves. It seems a bit odd, given the indexers will populate (though that is the whole point of Prowlarr), and you'd figure the download clients would be a similar "it's all gonna be the same" deal.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

The way I have mine set up, is I use Prowlarr to talk to my *arr stack and my *arr apps handle all the downloads themselves.

I also have Prowlarr connect to sabnzbd outside of my *arr stack for manual downloads I want under a "prowlarr" category.

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Yeah, that makes sense. I just set the *arr stack up independently, and aside from some issues that are almost certainly my fault and related to the docker-compose setup, it works just fine.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

So hold on, you can have Prowlarr send stuff to *arr apps? I’ve only ever used it for manual downloads of stuff.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Warbird posted:

So hold on, you can have Prowlarr send stuff to *arr apps? I’ve only ever used it for manual downloads of stuff.

I don't use it myself, but my understanding is that it's a combo Hydra/Jackett, i.e. you configure all your indexers and stuff in Prowlarr, then just point each service in your *arr stack at Prowlarr to pick up everything at once. But I would still expect you to handle actual downloads and file management through individual services. So if Sonarr downloads The Linux Chronicles S01E03, it would also handle the moving/renaming operations not Prowlarr.

e:
My traffic is pretty low overall, but went ahead and picked up 18 months of Slug for just under 12bux, at that price why the hell not :shrug: Once I get home I'll bump its priority up in Hydra so it's equal with Geek and see if I can distribute my pulls a bit better.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 30, 2021

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

kri kri posted:

The way I have mine set up, is I use Prowlarr to talk to my *arr stack and my *arr apps handle all the downloads themselves.

I also have Prowlarr connect to sabnzbd outside of my *arr stack for manual downloads I want under a "prowlarr" category.

This is the best way to handle it. Some of the trackers get lovely and will ban you if you have it set for Prowlarr/NZBHydra to do the downloads, so its generally better in Prowlarr to turn Redirect on or in Hydra to change the "NZB adding type" to "send link".

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
With the drunken slug deal, is it 1. possible to get more than 1 year's worth and 2. worth getting?

Also considering the news hosting deal.

My current setup is a combination of an eweka sub and astraweb block, and I'm only using nzb.su for indexing.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

interrodactyl posted:

worth getting? i'm only using nzb.su for indexing.

Yes. It's good to rely on more than one indexer for your needs.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This prob belongs in the NAS thread but maybe works here as well.

I got an Unraid Server, using NZBGet, with Hydra2 and Sonarr. This setup has been stable and functional for over a year.

Sometimes (but not always) Sonarr will initiate a download through NZBGet when a new video comes out and it will complete successfully and show up as good / finished in NZBGet. It moves it to a folder for Sonarr from there. Now what usually happens is that Sonarr sees it as properly downloaded then renames and moves it to the appropriate subfolder in /tv/ and then Plex can see it / I can play it.

Every now and then though, the file gets dumped to the Sonarr subfolder and Sonarr just doesn't see it any longer and it never gets moved to /tv/

I can go in and manually move it and then everything's good. This does not consistently happen though and I can't seem to find out as to why. Any thoughts / ideas?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Sounds like the problem is somewhere between NZBGet and Sonarr so this is probably the right place.

What do you mean by the file gets dumped in the Sonarr subfolder? Are you using Sonarr-specific categories in NZBget or do you mean it's actually ending up in Sonarr's working directory?

Is this a folder the files are expected to go in to temporarily and it's just not moving them out, or is this somewhere these downloads should never have been?

I'm not familiar with UnRAID, how are the permissions set up for this? Are all of these applications running as the same user or different? If you do a ls -l on one that gets "stuck" do the permissions look any different from one that worked?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I also use Unraid and thought you were going into the issue I see where it downloads the file, extracts it, copies it to the renamed folder, but for some reason doesn't delete the original folder/files. It happens every now and then, but I'll end up with like 4 of the same episode on my desk. Not really a huge deal since I just go through every now and then to delete duplicate folders, but annoying nonetheless. I don't think it's an Unraid issue, unless it has something to do with the latency of spinning up a disk and the copy/delete commands.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah first thing I'd do is compare permissions between a working and non-working file. Do you notice anything else in common with the files that don't get moved automatically, like are they the same show or released by the same group or have something different about their filename formats?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Thanks all for the help / suggestions.

Takes No Damage posted:

Yeah first thing I'd do is compare permissions between a working and non-working file. Do you notice anything else in common with the files that don't get moved automatically, like are they the same show or released by the same group or have something different about their filename formats?

"working" files in this case get moved and renamed, so not sure about permissions differences in that regard? Anything that worked doesn't get left behind in the initial input folder from sonarr.

As far as commonality none that I can tell so far. It's fairly rare so I haven't established a pattern yet. Only seen it a few times in a year. One thing that seems to happen, not 100% confirmed is that when this does happen it hits a couple of files at once that are downloaded at the same time. Cache drive and storage drive space are both fine though, so it's not getting held up because the destination folder is full for example.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I also use Unraid and thought you were going into the issue I see where it downloads the file, extracts it, copies it to the renamed folder, but for some reason doesn't delete the original folder/files. It happens every now and then, but I'll end up with like 4 of the same episode on my desk. Not really a huge deal since I just go through every now and then to delete duplicate folders, but annoying nonetheless. I don't think it's an Unraid issue, unless it has something to do with the latency of spinning up a disk and the copy/delete commands.

Thankfully nothing like that!

wolrah posted:

Sounds like the problem is somewhere between NZBGet and Sonarr so this is probably the right place.

What do you mean by the file gets dumped in the Sonarr subfolder? Are you using Sonarr-specific categories in NZBget or do you mean it's actually ending up in Sonarr's working directory?

Is this a folder the files are expected to go in to temporarily and it's just not moving them out, or is this somewhere these downloads should never have been?

I'm not familiar with UnRAID, how are the permissions set up for this? Are all of these applications running as the same user or different? If you do a ls -l on one that gets "stuck" do the permissions look any different from one that worked?

I came into this knowing very little about unraid or setting up docker so pardon if my descriptions are poor, not very great with this stuff. I have set mine up following the SpaceInvaderOne videos almost to the letter for all of this. For my sonarr docker it always downloads to the container path /downloads/ which has an actual path of /mnt/cache/downloads/nzbget/

When files are done and unpacked from NZBGet they get dumped into /mnt/cache/downloads/nzbget/completed/Sonarr (or /Radarr if radarr initiated the pull).

From there Sonarr should rename and move the files to /mnt/user/TV/ into the shows specific subfolder. However sometimes it just leaves them in the /downloads/nzbget/Sonarr/ folder and they never get moved. I can't figure out how to get them to move and rename and why Sonarr can't seem to retry and move them. Not really sure where to look further to be honest. I can easily just manually move them but I'd like to not do that now and then since it normally just works.

e: in Sonarr itself if I go to the season / episode it shows the episode as "downloading" but at 0% even though its completed in NZBGet days ago and the file is complete and functional in the folder its in.

permissions for the file that has not been moved is -rw-rw-r-- for one that has been successfully moved it is -rw-r--r--

That Works fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 2, 2021

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Is having all the names end in arr and be pirating stuff a joke I'm just now getting?

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

For the person above just read and follow trash guides

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

apatheticman posted:

Is having all the names end in arr and be pirating stuff a joke I'm just now getting?

:pirate:

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

kri kri posted:

For the person above just read and follow trash guides

I had weird issues with my Sonarr docker install and jumped into their Discord. The folks there (some devs) were super helpful but adamant I trash the installs. I followed some random YT guides instead of the recommended route, trash's guides. I eventually followed their advice and now everything works WAY better, and the handful of times I've needed help I could drop the logs in that server and they'd help me out pretty quickly.

Anyway, just follow trash's guides.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Sorry not familiar with Trash's guides, is that another UnRaid thing?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
It's just a website with some handy software tutorials: https://trash-guides.info/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
At a high level, how reliable is the "VPN Kill Switch" when used? E.g. I'm downloading the latest linux distro and my VPN temporarily disconnects and reconnects. If I have the VPN software "kill network traffic when VPN is disconnected" on, is that pretty reliable? Or is there a good chance that my true IP will be leaked?

*Ignore, likely better suited for the Linux thread.

Hughmoris fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Dec 17, 2021