Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

I'm super super butthurt that the first dedicated car from the M division since the M1 is this monstrosity. They even had the audacity to put the two roundels on the back windshield in some sort of "gently caress you" homage to the M1.

Please please please don't screw up the new M2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I've been saying for a long time to bring back round headlights...

https://twitter.com/ItsMcMikeTime/status/1465678761664434177?s=20

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Two simple symmetrical circles is the way. I fully support that making a comeback.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Oh, wow! To think that's the prettier side of it, too.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Bahahahaha and here I was going to try to make a half-hearted attempt at defending what they were trying to do. It's so bad in every way.

Neslepaks
Sep 3, 2003

That's the worst thing I've ever seen.

So I'm sure it'll be a huge success.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Paint it pink and it's Peppa Pig

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

travisray2004 posted:

what the actual gently caress

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013
Who the gently caress is in the focus groups that convince companies that this is acceptable? Can we put these people in a zoo somewhere so I can observe them?

MeruFM
Jul 27, 2010
It kinda looks like the toyota highlander

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Nohearum posted:

Who the gently caress is in the focus groups that convince companies that this is acceptable? Can we put these people in a zoo somewhere so I can observe them?

focus groups really aren't about "do you like it or not" it's usually more like "what emotions does this design provoke" and other weird stuff like that

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

travisray2004 posted:

Cybertruck with more polygons.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Someone said that the front is basically the pigs from Angry Birds; which I can see. The back just looks reminiscent of a failed abortion though.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Wait that's not a joke render? Lmao

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

It’s beautiful

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

travisray2004 posted:

Is this real life?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

travisray2004 posted:

oh my loving god

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
lmao bmw started sliding like 8-10 years ago and everyone was like ITS FINE WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

now look at where we are

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
LOL at the BMW emblems on the back window like a couple of 26.2/marathon stickers.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Somewhere, a Toyota Prius designer weeps in awe

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

PBCrunch posted:

LOL at the BMW emblems on the back window like a couple of 26.2/marathon stickers.

it's because racecar

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

BlackMK4 posted:

lmao bmw started sliding like 8-10 years ago and everyone was like ITS FINE WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT

now look at where we are
This all started with Bangel's goofy-rear end designs .

PBCrunch posted:

hahaha I was thinking the same. The stuck on plexiglass rear window is a nice touch as well.

travisray2004 fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 30, 2021

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

bird with big dick posted:

It’s beautiful

The single worst troll / post I've read this week

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The single worst troll / post I've read this week

What if the nostrils are actually eyes

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
It's no worse than the 1st gen X5 was.

I've been wrong about cars for almost 30 years I guess.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Throatwarbler posted:

It's no worse than the 1st gen X5 was.

I've been wrong about cars for almost 30 years I guess.

hwhat?
This actually resembles a normal looking vehicle.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
It just looks like a Toyota SUV with a big grill to me, doesn't seem any more offensive than any other new SUV, but I don't mind the huge BMW grill things.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
We may be being too foreword here. What if it’s some sort of new pedestrian safety thing wherein it sucks the pedestrian into the grill and safely deposits them in the rear?

Egg on our faces if true.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

travisray2004 posted:

hwhat?
This actually resembles a normal looking vehicle.

It's pretty ugly too. But compared to that loving monstrosity, I'd just rather have Bangle back

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Wonderllama posted:

We may be being too foreword here. What if it’s some sort of new pedestrian safety thing wherein it sucks the pedestrian into the grill and safely deposits them in the rear?

Egg on our faces if true.

Oh I thought you were gonna say they designed it to be so ugly so that everyone would avoid it

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I can’t wait for the new 7 Series reveal.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk
Everyone wishes modern cars didn't all have the same bloated blob shape right up until someone does something with angles.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Everyone wishes modern cars didn't all have the same bloated blob shape right up until someone does something with angles.

Absolutely not man, disagreed. There is a way to make a good looking car with angles and blobs or whatever you want to call it, but it is not that. I am ashamed of that monstrosity existing.

e: I too want to see the 7 series but I've kind of had enough of extremely expensive vehicles, let's let some actually good platforms or features trickle down dammit. I get that Hyundai/Kia are good value but they're not undercutting the competition in price too much, it's still mostly very expensive for the decent trims of anything these days. At least IMHO

Inner Light fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 1, 2021

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

BuckyDoneGun posted:

counter point:

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

KillHour posted:

counter point:

this poo poo did the rounds to all my non-car people and everyone loved it

rightfully so

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Guinness posted:

this poo poo did the rounds to all my non-car people and everyone loved it

rightfully so

It's like that part in Back to the Future where they say Reagan is going to be president, except it's the early 2000's and you're telling people that Hyundai will have one of the best design teams in the car industry.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

BuckyDoneGun posted:

Yeah but can they do something with angles that doesn't cause a physical reaction of disgust in me.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

Does the high percentage of leased BMWs make their customers more accepting of controversial or extreme styling? Because they know they'll only be stuck with it for 3 years, so why not go wild?

I think it would be sorta cool if that were the case, though I have no reason to think that it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

ryanrs posted:

Does the high percentage of leased BMWs make their customers more accepting of controversial or extreme styling? Because they know they'll only be stuck with it for 3 years, so why not go wild?

I think it would be sorta cool if that were the case, though I have no reason to think that it is.

It helped me pull the trigger on my M4 that if the market decides it's actually good and people want it in 3 years, I can sell it privately or just keep it, and if it ends up being trash that nobody wants I can walk away from it.

It's really looking to be the former though.