Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nenonen)
What should the presidential powers be in 2020?
This poll is closed.
UNLIMITED!!!! URKKI 2.0!!!!!! 3 23.08%
Sauli should be allowed to telecast to our homes whenever he pleases, but that should be the limit. 2 15.38%
He should be limited to writing mildly worded letters to HBL and other provincial newspapers. 2 15.38%
None. More power to Sanna & Katri & Maria & Li & Anna-Maja & Jenni! 2 15.38%
Unlimited, but every decision must be subject to a plebiscite. 0 0%
None, but the president's life must be video streamed 24 /7 for the duration of their term, with no censorship. 4 30.77%
Total: 13 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

"Scientifically proven, rich and creamy."

Asteroid Alert posted:

Having universities in the boondocks doesn’t solve the employment issue completely.

In the end, most of the maakuntayliopisto grads end up in the big cities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Should we just call Newland Newfinland, everyone going to live here in 50 years anyway

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

DarkCrawler posted:

Should we just call Newland Newfinland, everyone going to live here in 50 years anyway

Doesn't work that well in Finnish though...

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Well big money is in Helsinki. And if you can get big money through your education then why would you stay in pönde?

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Fish of hemp posted:

Well big money is in Helsinki. And if you can get big money through your education then why would you stay in pönde?

Well, in Helsinki you can't live cheap in your own ABC Mansion, safe away from the Leftists, the Gays and immygrants... or you could, if the loony leftie gubmint didn't force those poor pönde souls to pay too much for gasoline to get to work and go shopping in an ideapark 60 kilometers away :qq:

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

barbecue at the folks posted:

Well, in Helsinki you can't live cheap in your own ABC Mansion, safe away from the Leftists, the Gays and immygrants... or you could, if the loony leftie gubmint didn't force those poor pönde souls to pay too much for gasoline to get to work and go shopping in an ideapark 60 kilometers away :qq:

You can have your cake and eat it too like Vanhanen if you live in a McMansion that's within driving distance of the capital, but beyond the range of the trains and buses that ferry the stinking poors around. Best of both worlds!

Well at least you could, if those city slickers would just cut the gas tax, expand the highways, build a few tunnels and conjure some more parking for you.
🚦🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗🚗:argh:

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

I moved away from Helsinki to a smaller city due to the rent situation and now my employer is really surprised when I said Im gonna resign if they're gonna keep with the remote work policy of having a maximum of two days remote per week. They were also surprised when I told them that I wont take any extra responsibilities if they dont pay extra.

Rent and gasoline prices make me irrationally angry right now, so much could be solved just by companies not being loving fossils and allowing remote work full time. But I also think that if a company forces you to remote work, they should pay part of your rent because they make you use your own space for work purpose.

But I guess in my case, when youre living in Westend with your husband, you kinda forget how much it costs to rent in Helsinki when living alone.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
https://www.hs.fi/kotimaa/art-2000008430709.html

Kepu once again shows their true colors.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/mtmalinen/status/1464934710107324418

:jerkbag:

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
Twitter was a mistake

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Jotenki tyypillistä että englanninkieliseen itkuvirteen liitetään uhkakuvina Suomessa mahdottomia toimenpiteitä kuten sen että ilman rokotetta ei pääsisi ruokakauppaan tai ulos kotoaan. Pitäähän sitä nyt olla kunnolla uhri kun kerran sille linjalle aletaan että kansainvälinen yleisökin näkee minkälaista fasismia täällä Suomessa harjoitetaan.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Alkoholin nauttiminen juottolassa on ihmisoikeus

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Ihmemies posted:

Alkoholin nauttiminen juottolassa on ihmisoikeus

Pikemminkin ihmisoikeusloukkaus, jos mietitään suomalaisia baareja.

Ja voi jestas sentään tuo Malinen on nolo jätkä.

Jasper Tin Neck
Nov 14, 2008

Samaan aikaan toisaalla. :pseudo:

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Ruflux posted:

Jotenki tyypillistä että englanninkieliseen itkuvirteen liitetään uhkakuvina Suomessa mahdottomia toimenpiteitä kuten sen että ilman rokotetta ei pääsisi ruokakauppaan tai ulos kotoaan. Pitäähän sitä nyt olla kunnolla uhri kun kerran sille linjalle aletaan että kansainvälinen yleisökin näkee minkälaista fasismia täällä Suomessa harjoitetaan.

Sen sijaan voidaan vaan määrätä koko väestö rokotettavaksi.

Tartuntatautilaki 47§ posted:

Valtioneuvoston asetuksella voidaan säätää järjestettäväksi pakollinen rokotus, jos kattava rokottaminen on välttämätöntä väestön tai sen osan hengelle ja terveydelle vakavaa vahinkoa aiheuttavan yleisvaarallisen tartuntataudin leviämisen ehkäisemiseksi. Pakollinen rokotus voidaan rajoittaa myös tiettyyn väestön osaan, ryhmään tai ikäluokkaan.

Kunnan on järjestettävä 1 momentissa tarkoitettu pakollinen rokotus.

Olisi pitänyt tehdä jo.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ja on tehtykin, ei vain tälle nimenomaiselle taudille, koska vihollisvaltio(ide)n hybridivaikuttamisen pääasialliset kanavat Ilta-Sanomat, Iltalehti, PS, Kokoomus, KD, jooganopettajat, "Wellness"-älykääpiöt, suomenruotsalaiset äidit, Facebook, Twitter ja YLE ovat olleet varsin tehokkaita.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Mr Lordi out there spitting the facts

– Paavo Väyrynen on Suomen kovin jätkä. Se on niin siisti äijä, Mr. Lordi toteaa puhuessaan keskustan kokeneesta kansanedustajasta, joka nähdään dokumenttisarjassa.

– Siinä on sellainen jantteri, jota ei arvosteta elinaikana, mutta sano minun sanoneeni, kun aikaa menee, Paavolle tehdään patsas.

https://www.iltalehti.fi/viihdeuutiset/a/1d2346dd-5b11-43e0-8269-3141c94bb7fd

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
I mean sure the Pave cult of Northern Finland will erect a statue for him. No doubt about that.

But what are his actual achievements?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fish of hemp posted:

I mean sure the Pave cult of Northern Finland will erect a statue for him. No doubt about that.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Fish of hemp posted:

Pissing off people who think they should be remembered with statues.

A statue of him will continue this legacy, and thus is good. Bonus: The statue will make for a better-than-average party leader.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Porvarillista joulua kaikille

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Joke's on you, I was going to spend my Christmas drunk, crying and screaming obscenities into the uncaring void anyway.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Warden posted:

Joke's on you, I was going to spend my Christmas drunk, crying and screaming obscenities into the uncaring void anyway.

Replace "the uncaring void" with "twitter" and you have the usual Persu Christmas experience

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Warden posted:

Ah, classic family Christmas huh

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hei jos tulee toisesta piikistä vaikka tammikuussa se puoli vuotta täyteen, kannattaa niitä kolmannen piikin varausaikoja näköjään ruveta nyt jo kärkkymään.

Siis jos kuuluu johonkin riskiryhmään, ei niitä kai muuten saa. Oletan että kaikki postaajat ovat himo läskejä, paitsi Matti.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Hei jos tulee toisesta piikistä vaikka tammikuussa se puoli vuotta täyteen, kannattaa niitä kolmannen piikin varausaikoja näköjään ruveta nyt jo kärkkymään.

Siis jos kuuluu johonkin riskiryhmään, ei niitä kai muuten saa. Oletan että kaikki postaajat ovat himo läskejä, paitsi Matti.

Riskiryhmäläisenä sain kolmannen jo yli kuukausi sitten

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Onneksi olkoon.

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled
https://www.hs.fi/kaupunki/art-2000008398664.html

Paywall, so main points:

Previously happened

:cop: There are no street gangs in Helsinki. Police research department agrees.

[small ruffle in Kaivohuone, couple of attempted murders in Kurkimäki (news?) ]

:cop: :siren:There are at least 10 street gangs in Helsinki, and we need immediately more resources :siren:

HS:

quote:

TÄTÄ juttua varten HS on koonnut tietoja pääkaupunkiseudun väitetystä katujengitilanteesta eri poliisilaitosten laatimasta asiakirja-aineistosta sekä Helsingin, Espoon ja Vantaan etsivästä nuorisotyöstä. HS myös tapasi nuoria eri puolilla Helsinkiä etsivän nuorisotyön kanssa.

Lisäksi näkemyksiä on koottu haastatteluin ja taustakeskusteluin muun muassa useilta nuorten asioihin perehtyneiltä järjestö­työn­tekijöiltä ja nuorisotyötä tekeviltä sekä somaliyhteisöä tuntevilta.

Yhteensä artikkelia varten on tehty 19 haastattelua tai taustakeskustelua.

Poliisia lukuun ottamatta kukaan HS:n jututtamista – nuorista tai nuorten tilannetta seuraavista – ei ole havainnut pää­kaupunki­seudulla katujengejä. Viittauksia jengeihin ei löydy myöskään nuorisorikollisuutta käsittelevissä Länsi-Uudenmaan ja Helsingin poliisin asiakirjoissa, jotka ovat syyskuulta.

So no-one in the streets seem to have heard of any of these gangs, besides the police. They must have really good sources.

This is not the first time this has came up either:

quote:

Tällaisia pysyviä katujengejä tutkijat eivät siis ole toistaiseksi löytäneet Suomen nuoriso­porukoista, vaikka jengien rantautumisesta on oltu julkisessa keskustelussa huolissaan säännöllisin väliajoin 1960-luvun alusta saakka.

”Sitä ei ole koskaan määritelty. Sitä on käytetty kuvaamaan ihan mitä tahansa nuorten ryhmätoimintaa, johon on liittynyt jotenkin normista poikkeavia piirteitä tai jossa koolla on ollut jokin isompi nuorisojoukko. Siihen ei ole mitään tolkullista määritelmää nimenomaan Suomessa”, Salasuo sanoo.

Salasuon mukaan jengikeskusteluun on usein riittänyt pelkkä epäily siitä, että nuorisoryhmä on käyttäytynyt sopimattomasti.

Luckily our :cop: can give more info

quote:

Heinikari ei tahdo kommentoida tarkemmin, missä katujengit liikkuvat tai minkälaisia nimiä jengit käyttävät. Poliisi ei hänen mukaansa halua tarjota jengeille näkyvyyttä.

”Olemme korostaneet, että emme puhu rikollisryhmittymistä. On ihmisiä, jotka tekevät rikoksia yksin ja ryhmässä. Näissä ryhmissä on laidoilla ihmisiä, jotka eivät liity rikoksiin mitenkään. Meidän mielestämme tällä hetkellä katujengi-sana sopii parhaiten kuvaamaan tilannetta”, Heinikari kertoo.

”Missään nimessä ei ole tarkoitus paisutella asiaa. Eriäviäkin mielipiteitä on olemassa, ilmeisesti.”

"they are very real, but :ssh:. We do not intend to overstate this situation"

This reminds me of the "gangs" we had when I was a wee kid in Laajasalo early 90s. The LS "gang" consisted of local idiots, and their main activities included drinking beer, smashing the local pizzeria windows every weekend (*), and threatening the Tammisalo "gang" with violence. The later never seemed to happen, but it was important to make sure they we not like those assholes. Most of them are now local dads, couple of most idiotic ones are in jail or dead.

(*) This made the Itähelsingin-lasi (at the time "Laajasalon lasi"!) the huge glass conglomerate it now is. Most likely they had nothing to do with the constant glass braking activities :tinfoil:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Notta poijjaat meinas vähän terrorismia harrastella.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

quote:

Ryhmän jäsenet eivät ole osallistuneet mielenosoituksiin eivätkä osallistuneet julkiseen verkkokeskusteluun

Ylilaudan omistajat korkkaavat juhlapullon tänään

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

All this is dithering on the definition of "gang". I read about gang violence in Sweden and the gangs there at least started very local. Sweden used to be majorly a class society and they integrated the immigrants to be the new low class. Ghettos of people with no services, while in Stockholm you can't even rent a home unless you are related to someone.

In Finland most of us are peasants, no king. Very poor and simple people, living in the cold dark. Cock of course wants to be more like Sweden, they still wanna suck the kings cock. Sadly this appears to be a popular opinion in Finland.

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012

Iltapaska posted:

Puolustusvoimat esittää Suomen seuraavaksi hävittäjäksi yhdysvaltalaista F-35-konetta. Asia vahvistetaan Iltalehdelle useista ulko- ja turvallisuuspolitiikan lähteistä.

Wow, who could've guessed :jerkbag:

EDIT: Love the timing though, since a few days ago SK was reporting that other countries (Netherlands & Switzerland iirc) are estimating the F-35 to have upkeep costs that are way above what's publicly been okayed by Finnish politicians. The leader of the HX-project says this is due to different ways of accounting, the temp head of VTV basically goes "well, I don't have all the info but that sounds like bullshit" :allears:

Qtamo fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Dec 5, 2021

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
lockmartin lahjukset aina menee oikeille tileille

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
PM Sanna Marin is in the public eye, this time due to foreign minister Pekka Haavisto's corona infection. Somehow people had a hard time connecting to Marin, since she left her work phone, which she should have with her at all times in case of emergencies, at work, who was busy partying it up during the weekend. They did end up managing to contact her thru her other work phone, which is given to parliamentarians, but on the question if she should quarantine herself, the civil servants were like "it's a recommendation" and left her at that. So she stayed at the bar.

It's a loving embarrasing mess, and Marin herself should've known better. I guess she's so caught up in the post-covid future that she so much publicized earlier this year that she's willing to break some rules.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
"Sanna Marin posed in a photo with a serial killer"

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

No. 1 Callie Fan posted:

I guess she's so caught up in the post-covid future that she so much publicized earlier this year that she's willing to break some rules.

Breaking the rules seems to be her thing. And of course it's always someone elses fault.

I don't understand how we have had ministers kicked out for sending a text message, but she can keep loving up on a weekly basis on this level.

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

"Sanna Marin posed in a photo with a serial killer"

It's like she aimed to counteract one idiotic PR fumble with another. It's somewhere between hilarious and embarrassing for the PM of the government that was literally just threatening people with harsher corona measures because the current ones don't appear to be working to be then caught flaunting common sense measures and refusing to take responsibility for it. It's such a stupid error to make and for once all the iltapaskas etc. have a valid point to use against her.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jos Demareiden nuori polvi (kuten Marään) olisi ollut päivääkään työläisiä, ne osaisi varoa tämmöisiä amatyyriansoja. Sama Vasemmisto.

Mutta ei, kaikki saatanan lempilapset, porvariteinit ja mätäpäät siellä heiluvat. Siksi kuulun ainoastaan ammattiliittoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aion kyllä liittyä paikalliseen Vasemmistoliiton osastoon parin vuoden päästä ja tuhota sieltä kaikenlaisen Internet-perseilyn.