Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

That letter is so loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

How Wonderful! posted:

I believe this is part of the thread running from HoX/PoX to Inferno about the unfitness of Charles and Erik and by proxy Moira to rule-- we see that more and more of the ethical quandaries are being resolved by the Five or others acting autonomously, eg. when Gabby is resurrected Hope is using the Cerebro helmet on her own (which ties directly into Inferno).

It's hilarious to me they were surprised the council accepted Destiny in to it. They are facing a very dangerous time, having someone who can tell the future might be useful. If it weren't for Moira's hatred of her I'm sure Charles and Eric would have resurrected her pretty quickly.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hope that without moira, those two ancient idiots would have been smart enough to figure out that giving mystique a seat on the council and then stringing her along with promises they had no intention of ever fulfilling was a bad idea. mystique, of all people! the woman who is both fiercely loyal and relentlessly treacherous.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i hope that without moira, those two ancient idiots would have been smart enough to figure out that giving mystique a seat on the council and then stringing her along with promises they had no intention of ever fulfilling was a bad idea. mystique, of all people! the woman who is both fiercely loyal and relentlessly treacherous.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

putting my two biggest dipshits in charge of ops and hoping nothing bad happens

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I'd really like to know how Kevin/Proteus is just doing since his resurrection. Maybe I've missed it but it doesn't feel like anyone's really talked or interacted with him much outside of his fellow necrobuddies. Presumably he's gonna flip when he finds out about Moira.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

How Wonderful! posted:

"Brotherhood of Evil Gays" is too Sarah Lawrence for me, I would not have the time for that.

Magneto is extremely Sarah Lawrence, ultimately.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Charles and Magneto have made their share of mistakes, but thinking they could outwit/manipulate Mystique is a new one.

Is Moira X playing with their minds somehow?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I’ve always just assumed Magneto actually does sound like Sir Ian McKellen and is able to use his extreme gravitas and his largely forgotten power of Animal Magnetism to cover up for his extreme instability.

And also Xavier is a complete dipshit blessed with a combination of powerful mind control and the confidence of a mediocre affluent white man.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

This is like the third or fourth time the X-Men have discovered Charles and Erik are good inspirational figures but awful leaders but to be fair it might be first time the larger mutant community has had to figure that out. In hindsight it makes more sense why Scott and Jean hosed off to New York the first chance they got.

Sloth Life posted:

Charles and Magneto have made their share of mistakes, but thinking they could outwit/manipulate Mystique is a new one.

Is Moira X playing with their minds somehow?

I forget which issue it is but there Moira's personal logs kind of imply she didn't show them her entire memories and is hiding her motives in some way. Presumably the part where Destiny burns her alive for trying to cure mutants got left out.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Cloks posted:

putting my two biggest dipshits in charge of ops and hoping nothing bad happens

I see 90s Magneto Revisionism is alive and well.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sentinel Red posted:

I'd really like to know how Kevin/Proteus is just doing since his resurrection. Maybe I've missed it but it doesn't feel like anyone's really talked or interacted with him much outside of his fellow necrobuddies. Presumably he's gonna flip when he finds out about Moira.

this is the first time he's ever had a chance to be a person and not an imprisoned test subject or rampaging monster. also, he has an excellent found family. for all of the many flaws of krakoa, it has done right by proteus.

unfortunately when the krakoa era inevitably ends that dude is 100% turbofucked.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
You have me thinking about how depressing it is going to be when it's time for Krakoa to end and and some writer gleefully proclaims it's time for your favorite character to die again.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Rick posted:

You have me thinking about how depressing it is going to be when it's time for Krakoa to end and and some writer gleefully proclaims it's time for your favorite character to die again.

This is why I read X-Force.

J/k I stopped reading that a year ago.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Rick posted:

:smith:

Yeah. I’d love for Krakoa to just keep going for a long long time.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Rick posted:

Haha schoolbus go boom

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Come to think of it, have they resurrected any of those characters from the 2000s-era New Mutants "bus crash" yet? I don't think I've seen Wallflower around anywhere.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Wanderer posted:

Come to think of it, have they resurrected any of those characters from the 2000s-era New Mutants "bus crash" yet? I don't think I've seen Wallflower around anywhere.

When Wind Dancer was brought back in X-Factor a bunch of those kids were there. There's a blond who isn't named but looks a lot like Laurie.

Bill Brasky
Apr 13, 2008

Beerdeer posted:

It seems like the writers outside of Hickman think the same way and said let's keep this the statue quo for a while longer.
I'm not ready to go back to Westchester either

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Beerdeer posted:

As much as I love Mystique and Destiny power couple hour, I’m also hoping this status quote last for a few more years at least. Can’t remember the last time I cared about this many X-books.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Trial of Magneto sure is...a series of words strung together and placed in front of pictures. Is there really only one more issue of this? I'm not sure if that sounds like a good thing or not.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

it'll be over at least!

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Rick posted:

but Rockslide is (still) gone already

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

OnimaruXLR posted:

but Rockslide is (still) gone already

I'm sorry he deserves better especially since they haven't really done anything with this except give Nanny a different shell.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

theres very little trial or magneto in this trial of magneto

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

BrianWilly posted:

Trial of Magneto sure is...a series of words strung together and placed in front of pictures. Is there really only one more issue of this? I'm not sure if that sounds like a good thing or not.

I can't really say that ToM has been a let down because I was never really hyped for it. But it sure confuses me while also boring me.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So I think Wanda was killed by a manifestation of her own guilt/herself in the future. She resurrected herself (though the Five were gonna do it) but when she got her memories back, the guilt came back with the kaiju. Each of them represented her past/present/future selves. Then when she came to accept herself and get past the guilt, it allowed the kaiju to also be killed.

Like, this makes a lot more sense if you think of it as an X-Factor arc which was meant to get Wanda to a place where she's considered a mutant and welcomed on Krakoa, or at least would have been put on to X-Factor. But when that was canceled, it was put out as a miniseries and maybe rushed.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

Synthbuttrange posted:

theres very little trial or magneto in this trial of magneto

I dunno, second issue had a lot of Magneto on show... Which was nice...

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
when, uh, is Magneto going to face his Trial?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The trials were the children he had along the way

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Justice for Zaladane

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

They should've called it The Tribulations of Magneto instead.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Synthbuttrange posted:

Oh poo poo that explains a lot in my life.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I like a lot of the ideas in Trial of Magneto and think I'll like how it resolves Wanda's place in Krakoa, but agree it's been a step down in quality from the X-Force series.

New Mutants was amazing. Gorgeous art, fun power combos, ethical debates; everything I look for in a cape comic.

Marauders felt like filler, but getting to see Bobby let lose on a drunk Fin Fang Foom was fun.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

glitchwraith posted:

New Mutants was amazing. Gorgeous art, fun power combos, ethical debates; everything I look for in a cape comic.

Yeah, the art is fantastic and the way the story justifies Reis letting loose with his fluid conceptions of space and is great.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Trial of Magneto is absolutely terrible. This is not really an objective opinion because I kinda hate Scarlet Witch and her children. But the cynic in me thinks this story was only called Trial of Magneto because editorial thought it'd sell a lot more copies than if they called it The Death of Scarlet Witch.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's a good title

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

And it's a reference to the Trial of Magneto from the 80's.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

rantmo posted:

And it's a reference to the Trial of Magneto from the 80's.

Maybe they should've referenced the quality of the 80s storyline as well. :newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

The book…

is good.