Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
Currently imagining the peer-review comments / requests for revision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Despera posted:

Not going to lie, living 10 years in china, learning chinese, marrying into china, and having chinese children is a good cover for being racist against china

Not surprised that you love this guy.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Judakel posted:

Not surprised that you love this guy.

Way to reply to a post made 400 pages ago by a guy who hasn't posted here in almost two years.You sure showed him. :downsbravo:

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
lol at someone ragequoting from literally 400 pages ago

tho also lol at kinda implicitly defending serpentza and laowhy86 because they're def trash. I forget which or both of them is the saffer who feels that people of different races can never live together and apartheid is in the past and his literal father's actions have no impact on his life, which of them refer frequently to their child as "it", which of them take nutbag Epoch Times money, etc.

tl;dr everyone sucks especially a CIA agent like myself

LimburgLimbo fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 30, 2021

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
Reposting my response to that from Jan 2020 because it is the same tbh

Despera posted:

Not going to lie, living 10 years in china, learning chinese, marrying into china, and having chinese children is a good cover for being racist against china

LimburgLimbo posted:

Don’t have time to watch that video and don’t know or care much about those you tubers beyond their names so not addressing this specific situation/people, but

None of the above *at all* precludes people from being racist as all gently caress and that’s pretty obvious if you’ve ever spent any amount of time among white expats in Asia

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
brb rageposting and owning someone from page 69

Seth Pecksniff fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 30, 2021

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Ailumao posted:

china's bad at this they tested too many people already. Japan or Russia are better to learn from.

this is such a stupid rear end take. China's doing it by deliberately locking down entire cities and forcing people to never leave their homes. hell, even in russia there's more freedoms than China

do you even know what you're talking about? Have you read the works of Lu Xun? Confucius? Sun Tzu? Sima Qian? No? It shows because this take is DOGSHIT. Your posting is DOGSHIT and you should get out and never return

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

oh hey, China! Always a pleasure.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Ailumao posted:

china's bad at this they tested too many people already. Japan or Russia are better to learn from.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

this is such a stupid rear end take. China's doing it by deliberately locking down entire cities and forcing people to never leave their homes. hell, even in russia there's more freedoms than China

do you even know what you're talking about? Have you read the works of Lu Xun? Confucius? Sun Tzu? Sima Qian? No? It shows because this take is DOGSHIT. Your posting is DOGSHIT and you should get out and never return

lol I like how this original take is pretty good even now at the twilight of 2021

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
https://twitter.com/rzhongnotes/status/1465762270244487174?s=21

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

All the Korea talk makes me wonder if the meat is full of bone shards too. It’s probably been said but I’m a lazy westerner.

Also lol at the Simpsons episode being banned, how long till the whole show gets Pooh’d?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Tnuctip posted:

All the Korea talk makes me wonder if the meat is full of bone shards too. It’s probably been said but I’m a lazy westerner.

Yes. Accidentally biting into a chunk of razor sharp ribcage and spine that looked like any other bit of meat at a fried chicken place is a rite of passage.

Bones in sushi is a thing too. I asked a chef once what the deal was with that and he said it was too difficult to take them out. Other Koreans told me they enjoy the crunch. Incidentally, every Korean friend I have has at least one story of choking on fish bones as a kid.

I once won a bet with a friend there who insisted it was impossible to de-bone a fish.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Lol, bones in sushi, that's insane.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

I hope mei finds out how the chairman prefers to bathe

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Kharnifex posted:

Lol, bones in sushi, that's insane.

Korean style sashimi also prefers freshly killed fish that are in rigor mortis so it's chewy. Tends to be done with flatfish that have no real flavor. It sucks.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Korean food seems to fall into two types. Poverty food influenced by the second world war and Korean war. And taking perfectly fine dishes and doing them in the worst possible way to ruin them.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Ironically the poverty food tastes pretty good. I could go for some soldier soup right now.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Lots of Korean food is good. It's just more fun to talk about bony sushi or things floating in a bowl of corn syrup.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Atlas Hugged posted:

Ironically the poverty food tastes pretty good. I could go for some soldier soup right now.

Adding a couple American cheese slices and hotdogs to a hotpot soup is pretty nice

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The best Korean food is Chocopies.

I will die on this hill, (because I am too fat to move off it from eating too many chocopies.)

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
can you eat spicy?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
they cost engineered the gently caress out of them

also the slave revolts and slave lawsuits in west africa have raised the price of chocolate so they cheaped out on it more than they already were (which was a fuckton, to be frank). i approve of slave revolts on principle but it does whack the bottom of the chocolate market. also global warming crop failures

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

I will die on this hill, (because I am too fat to move off it from eating too many chocopies.)

Is this not just a moon pie with the numbers filed off?

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

http://item.gmarket.co.kr/Item?goodscode=2060972998

The absolute king any flavor not a single drat thing on this Earth that beats 몽쉘

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Gaius Marius posted:

Is this not just a moon pie with the numbers filed off?

Yeah. But we don't have them in Australia. Or at least that I had found. So when I first went to Korea, they were magical wondrous things.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Pro tip. Stick em in the freezer if you haven't. Takes a moon pie from a 5/10 to an 11/10

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Yeah. But we don't have them in Australia. Or at least that I had found. So when I first went to Korea, they were magical wondrous things.

Wtf mate chocopies have been here for decades.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

GoutPatrol posted:

Adding a couple American cheese slices and hotdogs to a hotpot soup is pretty nice

There is a Thai dish, widely available in Thailand though I've never seen it overseas, called American fried rice. It's basically American breakfast and sometimes fried chicken mixed in with fried rice, ketchup or chili sauce optional, and it's goddamn amazing. Someone told me it was first created by scraping GIs' leftover breakfast food into fried rice.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

ili posted:

Wtf mate chocopies have been here for decades.

Hell yeah they have

Lotte choco pies at Coles

Orion choco pies at Woolworths

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Smeef posted:

There is a Thai dish, widely available in Thailand though I've never seen it overseas, called American fried rice. It's basically American breakfast and sometimes fried chicken mixed in with fried rice, ketchup or chili sauce optional, and it's goddamn amazing. Someone told me it was first created by scraping GIs' leftover breakfast food into fried rice.

if you are in hokkaido and get soup curry they give you a bowl of rice with a slice of basically american cheese on top with it.

its good actually

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

BrainDance posted:

The absolute king any flavor not a single drat thing on this Earth that beats 몽쉘

Gorilla's site is blocked

https://www.amazon.com/Lotte-Cacao-Choco-Total-23-7oz/dp/B09BK3VSXM/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=chocopie+korean&qid=1638342075&sr=8-4

reseller gouge, of course

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

BrainDance posted:

Is there a single food that Koreans didn't steal from another country

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

AHH F/UGH posted:

I mean, that’s kind of how food works? Very few foods are wholly original

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
a bunch of stuff thats utterly unexportable like bellflower roots and wolfberry dishes and a buncha stuff w dog and jobs tears stuff

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

AHH F/UGH posted:

GF do you want to explain the concepts of trade and cultural diffusion, or should I?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the government, which is way more cool with supporting korean culture with money than americans are w american culture, tried for a long time to get royal style cuisine as opposed to colonialized stuff to be more popular. didnt work that well

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

thetoughestbean posted:

I mean, that’s kind of how food works? Very few foods are wholly original

did you know korea invented food?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Korean food is awesome but the sweet garlic bread can gently caress off.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i mean, they started that poo poo late 90s

its prolly gonna stay but its not some ancient something something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

best food I ate in Korea in three years of living there was the late night teriyaki spam hot dog, and maybe gamjatang

tteokbokki is way overrated though.