Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for being mad at my gf for not letting me win in Mario Kart

quote:

Last year I bought my girlfriend a switch for her birthday because I love Mario Kart and I want us to play together. She loved playing, but she was really bad so I would always win. I didn't tell her about drifting so it was super easy.

I noticed she would get upset after I won a few in a row so occasionally I would let her win one to make her happy. I had to tell her I was just letting her win though because I dont like lying.

We both went back to college this year and during Thanksgiving break we got to see each other again. We played Mario Kart last night and my girlfriend beat me every single game. She was way better than before and she must have been practicing a ton. We played for hours and I didn't win a single time.

CLEARLY I was upset about it I even told her I didn't want to play anymore and she STILL didn't let me win. When I told her that shes being mean about it she called me a "Whiny little b*tch". Am I the rear end in a top hat here?

Just LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

YTWLB

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Evil Willow posted:

Just LOL

"I just had to tell her, because I have to be honest"

Fragile little baby.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

Just LOL

hope she dumps his rear end because he's bad at mario kart

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
NTA here clearly...

youse a biiiiitch!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

all he had to do was teach her how to drift or something and maybe they could have had a good time instead.

although i'm sure that nothing compares to the sweet satisfaction she got from beating his rear end

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for not wearing a shirt in a too-hot apartment?

quote:

This is a conflict with my sister-in-law.

SIL, my wife, and myself are all in our mid-30s.

She's staying at our apartment for while water damage to hers is repaired - the apartment above her decided to have problems with the bathtub.

It's mostly been fine, but we've recently been having a huge argument.

Our apartment's heat has gone crazy, with the heat pushing to nearly 80 degrees. This is in Minnesota, so 80 is a breaking point for a lot of us. The property management company is aware of the problem, but it'll be about a week before it can get fixed since it's not an emergency.

Since it's been so hot, I've decided to start going shirtless. I work from home, so I see no reason to be miserable all day. I'm very much Basic Guy Body - nothing at all special to look at, but not fat/hairy either. I'm store-brand vanilla ice cream with my shirt off. This is weirdly relevant.

My SIL flipped when I walked into the kitchen to get some water because I didn't bother putting on a shirt to leave the office. Comments along the lines of "Ew, gross, I don't want to see that, have some decency!"

I ignored her, but she kept pestering. Note, at this point both she and my wife are wearing sleep shorts and tank tops/cami-tops. Unless I'm cooking, I'm shirtless until we get things fixed - this includes sitting on the couch.

SIL eventually said: "Seeing you without a shirt is gross and makes me feel sick. You need to keep a shirt on!"

I replied: "I don't care. My physical comfort is more important than your inability to deal with what you see."

My wife had had a couple drinks and laughed at my comment, which caused SIL to snap at her: "It's not funny! It's gross! What would you say if I just had my tits hanging out?"

Wife snorted laughter and said: "Oh no, danger boobs! Well, if you think my husband's gross, you can get our of our apartment."

SIL stomped out of the room and went to call her parents. My father-in-law took our side, mother-in-law chided me for being "disrespectful of guests" and that I should be more considerate of her daughter's feelings.

Not the most interesting story ever, but "Oh no, danger boobs!" just has me cracking right the gently caress up.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat
Many years ago I went on a couple of dates with someone from a dating site who both times insisted on telling me in detail about people hitting on her on that day. Thankfully it didn't work out, but even as desperately lonely as I was at the time, I recognised it as a red flag. I guess this is one way how it could have went.

quote:

Wife (36f) talks about sexual experiences a lot and it bothers me (36m) now that we moved to her hometown

My wife (35) and I (36) moved to her home town last year. We had our second kid and my wife was having a breakdown and wanted to move closer to her parents because she wanted them to help and be closer with the kids. Thats fine with me, so we bought a house over there and I work from home, no big deal.

So as we drive around her home town from time to time, she will point to a house and be like, see that house, “there was this guy who lived there and I used to give him foot jobs.” Then she would have a chuckle to herself.

Other times, she would be like, "see that house over there, that’s Brian’s house, I used to give him blowjobs after football games, and he has a huge dick!” Then again, laugh and expect me to say something? Like, what the gently caress am I supposed to say to that.

Then finally, on Halloween, we were in this really nice neighborhood. Like, giant mansions, because our friend lives there, and she pointed at this house and she was like, “this state Senator’s son lives there, he used to finger me and eat me out right before I went to college. Maybe I should have married him.” She had this stupid smirk on her face when she said it to our friend’s wife. And then they both looked at me and expected me to say something. I was just like “well, I wish you and him got married so I wouldn’t have to deal with your loving bullshit.” Our friends wife realized I was pissed and hurriedly walked away, and my wife was like, “are you mad at me?”

We got into an argument about it, and I just tried to keep my cool because our kids were trick or treating and having a nice time. Everyone we were with could tell I was loving pissed but they didn’t know why so people kept asking me, “what’s wrong, what’s wrong.” But I didn’t want to say my wife was wondering what it would be like to marry the guy who used to finger blast her in this huge house.

So we get home, put the kids to bed and try to talk it out. Basically, my wife says that it’s her life and her experiences and I shouldn’t be jealous because I’m with her and she loves me. I tell her I don’t like hearing about her past with these people, we don’t have a great sex life (wife still doesn’t feel very sexual after our second kid was born a year and a half ago). Also, hearing about this poo poo makes me feel like I’ve been tricked into marrying someone who spent all her sexual energy and there’s none left for me…

Anyway, she says I have psychological problems because I’m jealous of those guys.

Am I in the wrong here? I don’t ever hear anyone else’s wife talk like her about sexual stuff with other guys like my wife does.

TLDR: Wife talks about her past sexual experiences now that we moved to her home town. I don’t like to hear about it because we have a bad sex life, and I don’t want to hear about her times with other people, especially since I’m not getting much love these days. Also, it just makes me feel like she would rather be with someone else…

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Evil Willow posted:

Not the most interesting story ever, but "Oh no, danger boobs!" just has me cracking right the gently caress up.

Wife fuckin' rules though

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for quitting my job to be a house husband and going to court to get 50/50 visitation and remove child support?
...recently received a sizable promotion/raise up to $280k/year.
...We've been going over this for a few weeks know talking though how it would reduce our income, retirement savings, how it would effect our marriage, etc
??? The gently caress?

Evil Willow posted:

This is in Minnesota, so 80 is a breaking point for a lot of us.
I have my heater in winter set to 77 F. 80 is not "removing shirt" heat lol

PancakeTransmission fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 1, 2021

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Evil Willow posted:

This is in Minnesota, so 80 is a breaking point for a lot of us.

Just googled that temperature - it's just 26° C. The gently caress? "Breaking point"

loving British people could handle that.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

poisonpill posted:

99.999% chance Bill is posting anti-feminist MRA "women today just want everything handed to them" memes all day

For all his flaws, he's never shown signs of falling down that rabbit hole.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

PancakeTransmission posted:

??? The gently caress?
Dropping a six figure salary to be a SAHS is going to impact your marriages financial and power dynamics and talking it out beforehand is just sensible. I mean obviously guillotines all round but there's nothing weird about this from a healthy marriage point of view.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

PancakeTransmission posted:

??? The gently caress?

Wife earns a lot of money but the husband earns enough that there's still a pretty big delta between him working and not working. Not being on the breadline doesn't mean you stop needing to have conversations about the quality of life you are aspiring to and whether you can realistically afford it.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Just googled that temperature - it's just 26° C. The gently caress? "Breaking point"

Have you ever been to Scotland the two times a year when the Mercury hits 20 degrees? Societal collapse my friend.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

a podcast for cats posted:

Wife (36f) talks about sexual experiences a lot and it bothers me (36m) now that we moved to her hometown

Lol.

Whatever you do don't drive by the pet store.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Megillah Gorilla posted:

26 degrees celcius would be considered a pretty hot day in Ireland. If it's over like, 15 degrees at night we're all melted by morning.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The world's most tedious person :

I feel insulted by my new job

quote:

I’ve been at my new job for a month and today they had a potluck and a meeting. They put a sign up in the break room where we could write down what we were going to bring. I thought okay, I will keep it simple and get Hawaiian rolls. Well, to my surprise, someone who didn’t put their name on the list brought cheap rear end rolls! I don’t know who did it, nor do I care ! Well, I did care because to me that was the first slap in the face to welcome me aboard! So instead of eating with everyone, I got up and went to work while everyone else ate. I thought it was rude to hang a sign up to bring a potluck and then people just bring what everyone else does. I mean, really! Why even put up a sign?

Then they started with the staff meeting, where I didn’t know what to expect because after all it was my first one. So we are sitting there and the slide says, “Let’s introduce the new people.” My name was first and a woman who started two weeks after me was on there. So he starts off by telling the other woman “welcome to the team, blah blah blah” and skips right over me and says nothing. I’m sitting there thinking I know this jackass didn’t skip right over me, but I sat there with a smile on my face and pretended I wasn’t upset. So he’s about to go to the next slide and someone speaks up and says, “What about Ann?” and he laughs and looks at me and says, “Omg, I didn’t realize you were new!” To me that was another slap in the face! I mean, if you don’t want me working for you, then just say so! So, I’m already mad over someone disrespecting me over bringing rolls which I said I would bring, then he skips right over me like I wasn’t even sitting there when my name was first on the stupid PowerPoint!

In your opinion, what the hell is going on? Was I wrong to walk out of the potluck and go straight to work? I think that makes a statement as far as I was concerned because I’m not going to hang around fake rear end people. Now there is a Secret Santa and I’m not doing it! I don’t want any part of it. They can take Santa and stick it up their rear end!

And the rare good answer by Allison:

quote:

You are wildly overreacting, and it’s very likely that you are going to get yourself fired from this job.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

keep punching joe posted:

Have you ever been to Scotland the two times a year when the Mercury hits 20 degrees? Societal collapse my friend.

Pookah posted:

26 degrees celcius would be considered a pretty hot day in Ireland. If it's over like, 15 degrees at night we're all melted by morning.

Well, I did say British.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Pookah posted:

On 26 degree summer days, you can sometimes see Finns spontaneously combust in the streets.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Well, I did say British.

hey... Hey

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Once again amazed that people who can barely stand a direct ray of sunshine colonized so much of the world. 80 degrees is a normal fuckin' day where I am and it's not that far south, trying to imagine UK folks at the equator and just loling

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Sample of an irish "heatwave"

quote:

Met Eireann has confirmed that some rain is on the way but it's not time to pack away the suncream and sunglasses just yet as we will still enjoy tropical temperatures.
Forecaster Joan Blackburn told Independent.ie: "Tuesday is going to be similar to today, temperatures will be around 22 to 25C in a lot of areas but in Ulster and northern Connacht it will be cooler, around 17C.

tropical = 71-77f

https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...s-37096654.html

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

value-brand cereal posted:

What do I do? I learned I am not my father's daughter. Posted byu/paniced
3 days ago

quote:

"You can officially have sex with him"

uhm... wow... thanks u/WafflerWaffles ... that's what i really needed to hear...

oh reddit, never change

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Once again amazed that people who can barely stand a direct ray of sunshine colonized so much of the world. 80 degrees is a normal fuckin' day where I am and it's not that far south, trying to imagine UK folks at the equator and just loling

There’s more than enough of them that moved to Florida and the highs are around 80 F this week

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I live in a place that gets up to 42C in summers and the comfort difference between an indoors temp of 25C and 28C is pretty drat noticeable, in a subjectively non-linear way.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

I live in a place that gets up to 42C in summers and the comfort difference between an indoors temp of 25C and 28C is pretty drat noticeable, in a subjectively non-linear way.
Yeah 25° is comfort level for me, 27° definitely too much already. It's a thin line. And I live right on the equator.

E: also, way to police someone's clothing choices in their own home.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
80 degrees inside with no moving air is loving miserable.

80 degrees inside with fans is loving miserable but with fans.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This one is just sad.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for helping my friend play a joke on her POS man?

quote:

My friend Piper was in a relationship with Bryce who kept on trying to bully her into having a threesome and bringing one of her friends into the bedroom. He kept being rude about her body and I guess trying to tear her down until she agreed. Like saying her boobs were too small to be satisfying?

Anyway she's a friend of mine from college and I haven't met the guy in person but he seemed like a real rear end

I had the idea of pretending to be into a threesome ... Until I saw him. So she'd be like "okay you convinced me, and my wild friend from college is down" then we'd meet and I'd be like "oh yuk nevermind"

She was thinking of leaving the guy but thought that was so funny she said we had to first. So she told him she had thought about bringing a friend into the bedroom to save their relationship, and she'd do it for him, she had this friend who was a total free spirit who would be down.

So he was all over the idea and we met up at her apartment. And started by having some drinks when I was really friendly with her, and just barely courteous with him.. And when he tried to push things further I said "uhh actually I'm not really feeling it anymore, I kinda just want to have a girl's night or something"

Bryce started asking me what was up, and if I was really saying this now. I said not much was up, I had said yeah initially because Piper's super hot and he looked alright in pictures, but I just wasn't feeling the chemistry after actually meeting up. Anyway how old were those pictures?

He got pretty irritated and said that they were recent and I said "oh are you on a bulk right now or something? I just thought you'd be fitter"

He got pissy at me and blamed me for leading him on, and I said that I felt pretty led on because I was told that I could come by and have some fun with my hot friend and her hot boyfriend, and honestly I felt pretty misled, because he obviously didn't put in much effort and his personality wasn't much better.

He told me to get the gently caress out and I did. Piper left soon after. We told some of our other friends about it and their opinions were kinda split, some of them think it was funny and some think it was mean and she should have just left him without playing that joke first.

He also obviously thinks I'm a massive rear end in a top hat

AITA for playing that joke before my friend left her boyfriend?

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for helping my friend play a joke on her POS man?

definitely a massive rear end in a top hat, but definitely a hilarious massive rear end in a top hat.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
It's not a joke, it's revenge.

And revenge is :krad: when the person has it coming.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Owned lmao

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

thunderspanks posted:

definitely a massive rear end in a top hat, but definitely a hilarious massive rear end in a top hat.

Yeah, just own it! It's delicious

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Is it still being an rear end in a top hat if you use your rear end in a top hat powers for good?

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

mind the walrus posted:

This one is just sad.

Yeah. Like it would be great if everyone was super woke and see positive but unfortunately we're humans and he's having a very normal reaction to what is a lovely situation. The experiences are one thing, but "maybe I should have married him" is at best a crappy, mean joke (assuming that's not their standard style of humor)

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

loving PEASANTS WANT A HOUSE FIRST AND NOW THEY WANT ELECTRICITY??????? Ridiculous

quote:

AITA for asking our landlord to fix our blown fuse? (self.AmItheAsshole)
submitted 3 hours ago by bakedrice
Long time reader, first time poster.
So where we live, there has been a lot of recent storms and flooding, causing highway closures with an unknown timeline for reopening. The landlord lives about 4-5 hours away from us on the other side of the highways. Our family recently moved into a new place, and part of the reason was for my wife to have a dedicated office space. After moving in, we found out that none of the wall sockets work in her office. For some reason the fuse for this room is the only one not linked to the control panel in our unit, and is linked to the main unit of the landlords. This has of course caused problems for her productivity and stress levels, having to run an extension cord from another room and only having a few outlets for a full workstation. The Wi-Fi is also a bit spotty in there, and we can’t put an extender in there due to the limited sockets.
The landlord had gotten someone to come in and check on the outlets, and this is how we came to the conclusion that access to the main control panel is needed, but they can’t come by to open their unit for an electrician to work on it due to the closures. They offered to reimburse us for extension cords and power bars but it is inconvenient and a tripping hazard to have cords running through the house.
So today, I asked if they could get a locksmith in to open the place up or perhaps send a key to a relative or friend in our city to let an electrician in, and this is where they went off on us, saying that they were due for more floods and storms, are on alerts for potential evacuations, and that people are going to lose their homes, and here we are bothering them about a minor inconvenience and non emergency. They said we are free to end our lease early if we like.
We were a bit taken aback, and I replied back that I wasn’t downplaying their situation, and fully empathize that they are dealing with more pressing matters than we are, but we just wanted to try to find an alternative solution to potentially waiting months until they can drive back to our city. We wouldn’t have even asked for alternatives if it wasn’t a work related issue.
My view is that this is affecting my wife’s livelihood and performance at work, so we wanted to ask for more options than just running an extension cord with spotty wifi. But I also understand that they have more pressing matters at hand right now. It’s not like we were demanding the issue be fixed right away or throwing the legalities of the tenancy agreement at them, we just asked if other options for opening the unit could be explored. I feel like we should have a reasonable timeline for having basic utilities in all our rooms, and not have to wait until spring.
So are we the assholes here?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Yeah, you're the rear end in a top hat, it's normal for a business to lose its poo poo at a client for expectations of service

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Even if the room power thing wasn't that big of a deal I think I'd take the option to terminate the lease early if the landlord is going to be a dick like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Hellblazer187 posted:

Even if the room power thing wasn't that big of a deal I think I'd take the option to terminate the lease early if the landlord is going to be a dick like that.

Terminate the lease early probably means cough up several months of rent to do it.