Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I'm running the Book Barn Secret Santa this year and completely forgot to post about it here until today, the last day to sign up. If anyone's interested in getting cool sci-fi books from fellow goons this Christmas, there's still time to get in before I start making matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I'm running the Book Barn Secret Santa this year and completely forgot to post about it here until today, the last day to sign up. If anyone's interested in getting cool sci-fi books from fellow goons this Christmas, there's still time to get in before I start making matches.

Thanks for sharing! Take a look everyone!

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Why don't we have a Halo thread? Did anyone make a Halo thread yet?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

josh04 posted:

Tehanu was really something, the first three books all had their strengths (Tombs of Atuan finishing without a confrontation with a human villain was really striking) but the time and distance it had to reflect and comment on them just made it really unique.

yah Tehanu is probably my fav of the bunch because of that

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

josh04 posted:

Why don't we have a Halo thread? Did anyone make a Halo thread yet?

you can just make threads if you want

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Sally posted:

yah Tehanu is probably my fav of the bunch because of that

It was really good, definitely the one I'll remember.

Finished Bone Clocks now and I'm on to Analog/Virtual, a set of sci-fi shorts by an Indian writer, Lavanya Lakshminarayan, that my book-aware friend recommended me.

Cease to Hope posted:

you can just make threads if you want

how dare you

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
We can't just go around having amazing threads all the time we gotta pay our dues.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

These excuses may fly in boards like cspam, which I notice doesn't have a single Halo thread, but we have high standards down here okay.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

josh04 posted:

These excuses may fly in boards like cspam, which I notice doesn't have a single Halo thread

Only because you're a coward

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The only halo material worth reading is the anythology comic book story which featured no dialog or words

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Barudak posted:

The only halo material worth reading is the anythology comic book story which featured no dialog or words

there were a bunch of games, too. two or three of them were well-received, even.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Cease to Hope posted:

there were a bunch of games, too. two or three of them were well-received, even.

Can't say I've ever read them. Click the glowing button and the game starts. From there its all shapes and numbers, no words needed

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
If we're talking Halo, FrenzyTheKillbot is currently LPing every game in the series, interspersed with lore videos.

Thread:

It Ain't Over Until The FAT32 Lady Sings - Let's Play The Halo Saga

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cR2zp8Rvvo

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
New thread title. What does it mean? Even I don't know what it means! But it's the truth. If you're the best and brightest the 'Fi can offer I want you to make it loud and proud. This is not the time for humility! Serve this forum by telling me exactly what makes you great!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

reignofevil posted:

New thread title. What does it mean? Even I don't know what it means! But it's the truth. If you're the best and brightest the 'Fi can offer I want you to make it loud and proud. This is not the time for humility! Serve this forum by telling me exactly what makes you great!

My deep knowledge of memes.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

I have never been more braced. You have my courage, my strength and my indefatigability.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Gonk.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
I have watched a star war

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

vortmax posted:

I have watched a star war

a. Was it good?
b. Could it be feasibly described as a 'prequel'?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
i make no promises as to strength or bravery

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

josh04 posted:

a. Was it good?

Technically all star wars movies are prequels, as they all happened a long long time ago.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
lawrence of arabia was a prequel

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

CainFortea posted:

Technically all star wars movies are prequels, as they all happened a long long time ago.

This checks out.

Cease to Hope posted:

lawrence of arabia was a prequel

To Prometheus, yes.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

josh04 posted:

a. Was it good?
Yes
No

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

reignofevil posted:

My ability to cite a lot of very funny and dumb out of context quotes from Halo

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

RBA Starblade posted:

My ability to cite a lot of very funny and dumb out of context quotes from Halo

and yet

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
here, i made a halo thread, enjoy

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Haloooooo nurse!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
An addendum to my previous announcement calling everyone to ready stations, you might be standing there for a very very long time so don't get discouraged if it seems like nothing is happening!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Space Christ, I didn't sign up for the posting fleet just to stand around

Give us some action, Skipper

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Let it be known that I have been agitating in backroom deals with reign and the admins for us to be allowed to mount an assault on CSPAM over their selfishly stockpiled Halo content, and I have been stonewalled at every turn.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3jWyhvAdrA

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

josh04 posted:

Let it be known that I have been agitating in backroom deals with reign and the admins for us to be allowed to mount an assault on CSPAM over their selfishly stockpiled Halo content, and I have been stonewalled at every turn.

Here in the elite forces we like to call it space walling.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

reignofevil posted:

It's space-everything with you!

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Sir, is this another big hunt?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

reignofevil posted:

I'm ready, how about you?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Sir, is this another big hunt?

Intel suggests that we'll be arriving at a distress beacon. Hypersleep time is expected to be at least one season, possibly pushing toward one and a half depending on where in the orbital cycle the planet is once we've arrived.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I like to paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

reignofevil posted:

Intel suggests that we'll be arriving at a distress beacon. Hypersleep time is expected to be at least one season, possibly pushing toward one and a half depending on where in the orbital cycle the planet is once we've arrived.

Wake me when you need me