Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

stu pid FUCK asshole shit gizzard
just got my new president today. TIG Trumper TrineTrilliliter. Ask any questions i will answer.

https://i.imgur.com/PCDOsMO.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

NOICE

enabled veteran
Feb 10, 2021

I think that American presidents, that position in itself, as well as American foreign policy, it has terrorism in it. CIA agents going to overthrow certain governments - they're using terrorist tactics. They're not going in there like, 'Hey, you wanna have some cake?'
that father is a loving moron for having his firearms accessible to his kid

complete loving rear end in a top hat

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

quote:

OXFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. — A 15-year-old boy was charged Wednesday with murder, terrorism and other counts for a shooting that killed four fellow students and injured others at Michigan's Oxford High School.

Charges against Ethan Crumbley were announced Wednesday, a few hours after authorities reported the death of a fourth teen from the school in southeastern Michigan. Crumbley is charged as an adult with one count of terrorism causing death, four counts of first-degree murder and seven counts assault with intent to murder.

Prosecutor Karen McDonald did not reveal a possible motive for the shooting Tuesday at Oxford High School, located in a community of about 22,000 people roughly 30 miles (48 kilometers) north of Detroit. However, she said prosecutors are "confident" they can show the crime was premeditated.

"There is a mountain of digital evidence. Videotape, social media, all digital evidence possible," she said.

Deputies rushed to the school around lunch time and arrested the suspect in a hallway within minutes. He put his hands in the air as deputies approached, Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard said late Tuesday at a news conference.

The boy's father on Friday bought the 9 mm Sig Sauer used in the shooting, Bouchard said. He did not know why the man bought the semi-automatic handgun, which his son had been posting pictures of and practicing shooting, Bouchard said.

The four students who were killed were identified as 16-year-old Tate Myre, 14-year-old Hana St. Juliana, 17-year-old Madisyn Baldwin and 17-year-old Justin Shilling, who died Wednesday.

Bouchard said Myre died in a patrol car as a deputy tried to get him to an emergency room.

A teacher who received a graze wound to the shoulder left the hospital, but seven students ranging in age from 14 to 17 remained hospitalized through the night with gunshot wounds, he said.

The gun the boy was carrying had seven more rounds of ammo in it when he surrendered, Bouchard said.

Undersheriff Mike McCabe said the student's parents advised their son not to talk to investigators. Police must seek permission from a juvenile's parents or guardian to speak with them, he added.

After the attack, authorities learned of social media posts about threats of a shooting at the roughly 1,700-student school. The sheriff stressed how crucial it is for such tips to be sent to authorities, while also cautioning against spreading social media rumors before a full investigation.

McCabe downplayed the significance of a situation in early November when a deer's head was thrown off the school roof, which he said was "absolutely unrelated" to the shooting. The incident prompted school administrators to post two letters to parents on the school's website, saying they were responding to rumors of a threat against the school but had found none.

Bouchard said the student in custody in the shooting had no previous run-ins with his department, and he was not aware of any disciplinary history at school.

"That's part of our investigation to determine what happened prior to this event and if some signs were missed, how were they missed and why," he said.

The district said in a statement that all schools would be closed for the rest of the week.

Isabel Flores, a 15-year-old ninth grader, told Detroit television station WJBK that she and other students heard gunshots and saw another student bleeding from the face. They then ran from the area through the rear of the school, she said.

A concerned parent, Robin Redding, said her son, 12th-grader Treshan Bryant, stayed home Tuesday after hearing threats of a possible shooting.

"This couldn't be just random," she said.

Bryant said he had heard vague threats "for a long time now" about plans for a shooting.

At a vigil Tuesday night at LakePoint Community Church, Leeann Dersa choked back tears as she hugged friends and neighbors. Dersa has lived nearly all of her 73 years in Oxford. Her grandchildren attended the high school.

"Scared us all something terrible. It's awful," Dersa said of the shooting.

Pastor Jesse Holt said news of the shooting flooded in to him and his wife, including texts from some of the 20 to 25 students who are among the 400-member congregation.

"Some were very scared, hiding under their desks and texting us, 'We're safe, we're OK. We heard gunshots, but we're OK.' They were trying to calm us, at least that's how it felt," he said.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Kill my baby, I need a boob job

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

DryGoods posted:

we back to dolls now?

DryDoll

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 356 days!

enabled veteran
Feb 10, 2021

I think that American presidents, that position in itself, as well as American foreign policy, it has terrorism in it. CIA agents going to overthrow certain governments - they're using terrorist tactics. They're not going in there like, 'Hey, you wanna have some cake?'

15 year old kid had some economic anxiety, obviously

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

the fact the parents are telling him not to cooperate is interesting. they hired an attorney and i wonder if they'll try one weird trick of making it out to be that it was the other kids at fault for driving him to this.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

honestly, nothing would be surprising at this point

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

enabled veteran posted:

that father is a loving moron for having his firearms accessible to his kid

complete loving rear end in a top hat

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
well hope those parents enjoy going bankrupt from 1700 civil suits

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Buddykins posted:

the fact the parents are telling him not to cooperate is interesting. they hired an attorney and i wonder if they'll try one weird trick of making it out to be that it was the other kids at fault for driving him to this.

I think it's just a case of "shut up and lawyer up"

enabled veteran
Feb 10, 2021

strawman purchasing a handgun for your 15 year is a pretty serious felony imo

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Buddykins posted:

i mean what do you expect? thats what people do when their kid commits a crime

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

wonder if the dad was actually surprised when he heard the news

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

https://twitter.com/AJWalton11/status/1466116513535037453

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Buddykins posted:

look, he had to shoot the kid that was bullying him but then others tried to take his gun so it was just self defense the whole way down.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
oh i was wondering where my gun had gone

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

also i wonder if the dipshit kid is regretting some things now

theres a reason they usually kill themselves

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

that dad should take his kid's gun away for what he did

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Buddykins posted:

honestly, nothing would be surprising at this point

I might actually be surprised if you went to the doctor

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Deceptive Thinker posted:

got like 5 or 6 months left before its expiration date

enough time to get someone knocked up and have a rare american abortion story for your mandatory grandkids like buddykins does

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

quote:

Undersheriff Mike McCabe said the student's parents advised their son not to talk to investigators. Police must seek permission from a juvenile's parents or guardian to speak with them, he added.

hmm this only seems to apply to rich white kids though

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

lol cspam wondering why someone won't talk to the cops.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

funny story, a lot of the time when someone slips through our impossible to use background check system, the only person that has to pay out is the feds. Remember the Texas church shooting? Feds are gonna pay a half bil for not entering the shooter's Air Force criminal record into the main database.

bleeding kansas
Nov 15, 2019

enabled veteran posted:

strawman purchasing a handgun for your 15 year is a pretty serious felony imo

itd be a good reason for a parent to tell their kid to shut the gently caress up and wait for his lawyer

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
The dad bought him the gun, it's not even like the kid took his dad's guns

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Dustcat posted:

that dad should take his kid's gun away for what he did

no video games for a month! :mad:

enabled veteran
Feb 10, 2021

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

The dad bought him the gun, it's not even like the kid took his dad's guns

those parents, particularly the father, are super hosed

good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

hold up the father of the shooter literally bought him a gun a week ago?

lmaaaaaaooooooo

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
I blame Marilyn Manson.

enabled veteran
Feb 10, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

hold up the father of the shooter literally bought him a gun a week ago?

lmaaaaaaooooooo

they will have to prove that in court

that's how i'm interpreting the situtation

15 year olds cannot own handguns

that father is a loving moron

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
exercise outside ffs

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pamela Springstein posted:

exercise outside ffs

it’s cold outside gently caress you

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

it’s cold outside gently caress you

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I might actually be surprised if you went to the doctor

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

lol cspam wondering why someone won't talk to the cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

UFOTacoMan posted:

I don't think I've ever met a person who went to burning man.
or if I did they didn't tell me.
I'm in the south east US so that probably filters things a good bit.

u gotta know rich white artsy fartsy people or rich white people who love doing trendy and expensive things just because they are trendy and expensive