Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

OMR was the perfect retirement match. Austin was so worn down he couldn't even beat the part-time dick, though he held onto the very end while being finisher-spammed. They let the work tell the story. And the history plays, too – Austin easily bested the Rock at 15 despite overbooking madness, needed Vince and the chair to finish him off at 17, and couldn't overcome him at 19, and then he was done. That > HBK's overacting extravaganza (and y'know the fact that he didn't stay retired, womp womp).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1466085163700473874?s=21

Almost positive it at least partially involves O'Reilly's deal being up in days and him still not extending (we already know Gargano's is up in days and he still hasn't extended past the post-War Games NXT)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Paul Triple H is fine

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

The most upsetting thing about NXT 2.0 is that they haven’t established a Paul “Triple H” memorial tournament.

Counterprogramming AEW's Owen tourney with their own King of Hearts Memorial Tournament.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

D.N. Nation posted:

The last time Austin got actually physical in the ring beyond glass shatter + walk to ring + Stunner + leave was at Mania 32 where he actually did some brawling on Rusev and ended up injuring himself.

Did he really injure himself from that? drat

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Poo pants...
That's what you got
A need to use the latrine so strong
Gripping cheeks together while you prepare to clog the
Plumbing...
But you have to stand in line
So find a change of clothes and Febreze, cause it's
It's just a matter of time, before you got

POO PANTS!
POO PANTS THAT SMELL!

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I wonder if he ever suffers anal bleeding.

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009

Lid posted:

In showing the WWE drop off isnt just here - on reddit the NXT postshow has less than 100 replies. A year ago it was more than 1000 and five years it was 5000. They killed it so horribly.

as someone who would routinely check wreddit over the years, it is wild how much they've turned against the wwe, i never thought it would have been possible to chase off the community that sent HHH a fruit basket, but it's a very different place than it was 2 years ago

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What better way to appeal to the youth demo than wearing a diap?

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

diapin out

edit: uhh no clue if this is real or bullshit or what's really going on in this video shared on 4chan of "wwe seat-fillers receiving instructions?" i have no idea what i'm watching but it was posted today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZeynQxhjKc

edit part 2: huh I guess "seat filler" is like an established term in entertainment and there are twitter posts dating back to like 2009 - present asking about how to become a "wwe seat filler." maybe this isn't a bombshell or anything but interesting regardless.

Destroy My Sweater fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 1, 2021

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

explosivo posted:

I think this might be why it's so skeezy to me - we know that NXT is watched by literally 65 year old men who are probably openly guffawing at the stupid lib saying dumb lib stuff. But the people there ringside couldn't keep booing him because to most normal people there's nothing wrong with expecting an employer to treat everyone the same regardless of who they are or what they look like. It's like a laser targeted gimmick to get over with the olds watching at home exclusively all while NXT 2.0 is trying to look like the hip vibrant place to see cool young talent.

Same. They can add in bright flashy lights and younger talent but it still reeks of a show made by old people that hate having to even attempt pander to younger people. Really striking how low rent wwe feels. No fireworks, cheap looking LED screens that remind me of Americas Funniest Videos, cheap cgi, bland entrances with even blander low effort music, overly saturated light in what feels like a high school gym and generic CAWS or stereotypes from years ago that feel either goofy or icky. Even the main roster wwe you can just switch out high school gym with giant mostly empty arenas. I've been to far better indies and kinda shocking how it's sub TNA levels. Feels like some indie a retired Florida Sheriff would make after strong arming his nieces and nephews into fulfilling a vanity project except... it's just so soulless and has no passion. Even the most low rent indie usually have some kind of spark since the guys actually want to be wrestling but wwe somehow just feels like people who don't give a poo poo. Always seems so weird to me as they are still the most successful and largest wrestling company in North America and have been so for 20 years now but they are slowly circling the drain because nobody can take control from the increasingly mushbrain and poopy diapers Vince. Only guy that even halfway cared about making a lasting empire was HHH and he got screwed over by Nick Khan and Vince's three stooges then died.

People used to say it was because a lack of competition but now AEW popped up, Japan is making inroads and overall the territories are coming back so he's got that and still.... nothing. They make profits because wwe is an institution that appeals to desperation on the part of companies looking for cheap content so they can help build their stand alone services and a dictator who needs someone scummy and willing to help him look progressive for loads of cash. I've said it before that neither of those situations will pay out as big as they are now. Eventually somebody will look at the content and ratings they are buying and figure they shouldn't be paying over half of what they are for an ice cold product. Only people that really follow the product are old folks at retirement homes and chuds who wear their wwe pride like a badge. Mostly its background noise and routine. Kinda amusing the once mighty machine struggles to beat peak TNA numbers now and shows no signs of getting better because nobody can get rid of Vince. Will be amusing to see if Nick Khan can find some gullible company to buy him out or wwe keeps dwindling till one day it's on some d tier America only channel.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Dec 1, 2021

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1466085163700473874?s=21

Almost positive it at least partially involves O'Reilly's deal being up in days and him still not extending (we already know Gargano's is up in days and he still hasn't extended past the post-War Games NXT)

I think KOR is a lock for AEW---signing Fish felt like early prep for that

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

nxt got a .15

rampage still did better than that

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Alright, so what's the deal with MSK? I'm not super familiar with the Impact work. Would they be a good get for AEW down the line?

Seems like they're kind of in a tough spot given that they're 1) supposedly disliked by the brain-poisoned NXT crowd 2) probably destined to fail on the main roster given their size and style 3) don't seem to be popular with the WWE true believers who think they're too similar to the Young Bucks.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flashy_mcflash posted:

What better way to appeal to the youth demo than wearing a diap?

Pretty surprising that vince never brought back the diaper match gimmick

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Vertical Lime posted:

nxt got a .15

rampage still did better than that

I'm pretty sure NXT 2.0 lost to every single episode of Rhodes to the Top so far, so it's not surprising they'd lose to Rampage, even a holiday episode that did its worst numbers ever.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Alright, so what's the deal with MSK? I'm not super familiar with the Impact work. Would they be a good get for AEW down the line?

Seems like they're kind of in a tough spot given that they're 1) supposedly disliked by the brain-poisoned NXT crowd 2) probably destined to fail on the main roster given their size and style 3) don't seem to be popular with the WWE true believers who think they're too similar to the Young Bucks.

They'd be fine in AEW but it would certainly be a case of them not standing out as much since AEW has an awesome tag division.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I was just thinking. If Vince dies right now due to covid or IBS or plain elderlyness, the very last thing he will have been involved in on screen will be EGG.

Legacy of the egg

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol goddamn

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 hours!
Billy "Paul 'Triple H'" Shears

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

1glitch0 posted:

I was just thinking. If Vince dies right now due to covid or IBS or plain elderlyness, the very last thing he will have been involved in on screen will be EGG.

Legacy of the egg

Who gets the egg after his death or does he get cremated and placed in the egg for all to fight for to control WWE?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Digital Jedi posted:

Who gets the egg after his death or does he get cremated and placed in the egg for all to fight for to control WWE?

"Bury me with my gold egg"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A week later and everyone is still talking about Egg. Vince is a meme genius

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

diapin out

edit: uhh no clue if this is real or bullshit or what's really going on in this video shared on 4chan of "wwe seat-fillers receiving instructions?" i have no idea what i'm watching but it was posted today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZeynQxhjKc

edit part 2: huh I guess "seat filler" is like an established term in entertainment and there are twitter posts dating back to like 2009 - present asking about how to become a "wwe seat filler." maybe this isn't a bombshell or anything but interesting regardless.
I know someone who's had free seats for several years by being a seat filler. It lasted all the way until they just couldn't stomach sitting through a full WWE show anymore

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Digital Jedi posted:

the latter, then he's carried around like paul bearer did for undertaker only this time it's used by stephanie to bring paul "triple h" back from the dead to win his 20th world title or whatever the gently caress

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Paul "Punished Haitch" Hunter

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I think Bruce made him look like a skinhead to prove that the left are the real nazis or something. Maybe.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Digital Jedi posted:

His ashes will be put in the egg and the egg will be placed ringside. Sometimes the wrestlers will look to the egg for approval and sometimes feel they got it and sometimes not. Sometimes the camera will just cut to the egg watching the match.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/Machobeard4life/status/1465655300015464448

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

*sees NXT 2.0 for first time*
Doctor Hibbert: i've never seen someone have six simultaneous heart attacks

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I kind of now want to go to a WWE show and just move ringside and go “oh I’m a seat filler” and see what happens.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

I just read the HIAC 2019 GDT for the first time. Incredible.

This was inspired by some passing discourse about how that main event was the last straw that legitimately caused a lot of people to stop watching for good, especially since AEW was a fresh option at the time. Wild that RAW was getting like 0.77 demos at the end of 2019.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

This was inspired by some passing discourse about how that main event was the last straw that legitimately caused a lot of people to stop watching for good, especially since AEW was a fresh option at the time. Wild that RAW was getting like 0.77 demos at the end of 2019.

I had been watching less and less frequently before tapping out for good after Brock squashed Kofi, which was *checks notes* two whole days before the Seth-Fiend HIAC match.

Jesus Christ, both in one loving weekend.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i wish someone would answer my question from that thread.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Hoss Corncave posted:

The fact that they're calling it NXT 2.0 still confuses me considering we've had the seasons of the game show, the soap opera, the FCW+, the super indie with production values, and now whatever this thing is.

After a bunch of Batman #1 comics I kinda just roll with whatever random number titles are given.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Blaise330 posted:

After a bunch of Batman #1 comics I kinda just roll with whatever random number titles are given.

Batman #1, Iran #1

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
2.0 is what someone stuck 20 years in the past would think sounds hip progressive for the kids

2point0 in AEW is this as an actual joke

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

2.0 is the Cagematch.com rating for all future NXT matches

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Lid posted:

2.0 is what someone stuck 20 years in the past would think sounds hip progressive for the kids

Fun fact: about 15 years ago Aussie mainstay Vegemite decided to release a new variant of its incredibly salty spread, with a cheese flavouring. They held a contest to determine the name of the new flavour. The winner?

Same energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
They've already got the eye melting colors, they might as well go full 90's and call it NXTreme.

Also, the wrestlers have to wear rollerblades.