Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort
The Daily Life of a Certain NEET: I Am My Own Worst Enami

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

Posting online about the game, using info that only they could know from having worked on the game. Even though the game had already released, their contracts may specify doing things like that as a no-no

NEET only thought about doing any of that. He's freaking out for no reason.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Hot Stunt posted:

NEET only thought about doing any of that. He's freaking out for no reason.

Nah he posted strategies for how to beat the first boss or dungeon or whatever iirc

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

...is Enami gonna :neet: Yoriko?

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

CodfishCartographer posted:

Nah he posted strategies for how to beat the first boss or dungeon or whatever iirc

Oh man, completely forgot about that.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

holy poo poo

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Is it better with or without the hyphen? Debate for the next two pages.

Brother Make fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Dec 2, 2021

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Brother Make posted:

Is it better with or without the hyphen? Debate for the next two pages.

i am a citizen of Determi Nation

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

simplefish posted:

i am a citizen of Determi Nation

Everything changed when the Determi nation attacked.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

oh no he's gonna do it

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Reminder that crime-Tohru would have snitched his only friend Oda for growing weed. What a clown

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Yeah, but that's crime-Tohru, who hasn't undergone the growth that part-timer-Tohru has. Crime-Tohru would probably still take his shirt off at a restaurant because he had one beer

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

ALFbrot posted:

Yeah, but that's crime-Tohru, who hasn't undergone the growth that part-timer-Tohru has. Crime-Tohru would probably still take his shirt off at a restaurant because he had one beer

Crime-Tohru drinks 12 beers, stalks a girl he dated for like 3 days, then thinks he is in anime and runs around like a jackass, ending up as 4chan's laughingstock. I think he also got punched the gently caress out by some bystander

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

:eyepop:

As the year end approaches I’d like to thank all of you who have supported me in translating this dumb, boring comic. I never thought I’d have the opportunity to have a hand in making something that brings a smile (or a groan) to so many people. It’s thanks to all of you I’ve managed to stick with it this long.

Thanks again for your kind donations, every little bit means the world to me.
https://www.patreon.com/mackerelcornflake

Happy Holidays, and expect major developments in the next couple weeks!

Mackerel Cornflake fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 2, 2021

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

Happy Holidays, and expect major developments in the next couple weeks!

Very excited for Enami to get a haircut

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

good job mod with the title

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
v heroic translations

man i'm gonna legit be upset if they break up or something

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

SniperWoreConverse posted:

v heroic translations

man i'm gonna legit be upset if they break up or something

You gotta give the author credit, somehow we've come to care about TV psychic and his partner who has only ever appeared in flashbacks. And we still can't predict what will happen to them. That is a type of talent.

Is it possible NEET author does any manga work elsewhere? Also, I'm trying to remember if Enami and Yoriko are married or not at this stage.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

The Enami and Yoriko flashback for me went from "wow the author sure does have a bug up his rear end about paranormal charlatans if he's drawing/writing this much about a made up one" to "I want to know where it goes and I hope it ends well for these two dorks"

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

:stare: I am stunned by y'all's generosity.

CheeseThief posted:

Is it possible NEET author does any manga work elsewhere? Also, I'm trying to remember if Enami and Yoriko are married or not at this stage.

I check in on the guy's YouTube channel from time to time, and in his description he says (direct quote) "I make manga as a hobby." He describes himself as a "40-year-old Freeter". A Freeter (フリーター) is someone who manages to support themselves entirely through part-time work.

As for whether or not Enami and Yoriko have tied the knot, I also find it curious there's been no mention of it. I assume they got married some time after Enami's successful television appearances turned in to a career, but there's been no verification as of yet.

Although, I do appreciate the irony of Enami saying teenage romances statistically don't work out when his entire life and career has hinged on falling for a girl he met in middle school.

Mackerel Cornflake fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 3, 2021

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

:stare: I am stunned by y'all's generosity.

I check in on the guy's YouTube channel from time to time, and in his description he says (direct quote) "I make manga as a hobby." He describes himself as a "40-year-old Freeter". A Freeter (フリーター) is someone who manages to support themselves entirely through part-time work.

As for whether or not Enami and Yoriko have tied the knot, I also find it curious there's been no mention of it. I assume they got married some time after Enami's successful television appearances turned in to a career, but there's been no verification as of yet.

Although, I do appreciate the irony of Enami saying teenage romances statistically don't work out when his entire life and career has hinged on falling for a girl he met in middle school.

Oh drat, we're coming back to the "present"

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

It might seem like we are finally catching up to the present but I bet this particular broadcast happened 5 years ago.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
A blaze of glory. Enami is going to reveal he's a fake this whole time to torpedo the other guys then write a book about how they do it

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Vaporware posted:

A blaze of glory. Enami is going to reveal he's a fake this whole time to torpedo the other guys then write a book about how they do it

This would own so incredibly hard

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
No way he's gonna go full James Randi.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Wait... "final"?

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

The word Yoriko uses is 勝負, shoubu, "a match, a bout, a contest that decides who is the victor and who is the loser".

The stereotypical use I've seen in anime and chanbara films is two samurai facing off. The flamboyant one goes on and on about their life story before ending with 「よーし、勝負じゃ!」(yooshi, shoubu ja!, "Alright, this is it! Victory or defeat!"). Then the swords come out and the stoic samurai always wins.

I've also seen it translated as "do or die" or "putting it all on the line".

In the context of the comic, I think Yoriko means after this next scheme they'll be set for life or they can retire comfortably. Something like that.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Honestly, I didn't get the impression that they were romantically involved with one another at any point after middle school. They ended up going to different high schools and from that point it seemed like they drifted apart in that respect, probably had separate romances of their own but kept each other as business partners on the down low because they both understood the value of the grift.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Possible. But they also appear to be living together.

I also think some of it may boil down to cultural differences where typical Japanese couples aren't as outwardly affectionate as we're used to in the western world.

I've watched videos where Japanese YouTubers explain that a couple walking together side by side holding hands is kind of culturally taboo. You're more likely to see women following their men a step or two behind, maybe clasping each other's pinkies at most.

Obviously there are exceptions. And I'm certainly not advocating for stereotypical Japanese conservative values. Just pointing it out.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Is he going to turn himself in or will he throw Izawa under the bus?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I went on strategy websites and told people things like "heal occasionally during boss fights." I am sorry for this huge betrayal of the company's trust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Hot Stunt posted:

Is he going to turn himself in or will he throw Izawa under the bus?

He's going to confess but doing so will cause Izawa to notice and flip out