Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Game check.

Would you pay $56,700 to be at your kids birth?

HH's yearly salary is $16.8M so $56,700 is 1/296.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Cavauro posted:

i know what u mean. i spent $75 on this soda stream

Get on my level

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what if that thing explodes and takes out all your silverware and dishes

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Cavauro posted:

what if that thing explodes and takes out all your silverware and dishes

death comes for us all

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Get on my level

I want to believe your Roomba is powered by CO2.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Get on my level

Your a good husband and that rules lmao.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
lol hard knocks is just wentz being intercepted in slow mo

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Game check.

Would you pay $56,700 to be at your kids birth?

A game check a is rounding error for a guy like Henry. Have to be sociopath to miss your child's birth for that.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

https://twitter.com/ZackCoxNESN/status/1466238892642914304

give the pats '07 and perfection but Brady hung it up in '16. Who takes that trade?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Brady getting thwarted from perfection by Eli Manning is worth the four more Super Bowls he won.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mega64 posted:

Brady getting thwarted from perfection by Eli Manning is worth the four more Super Bowls he won.

What about five if that comes to be?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Nosre posted:

give the pats '07 and perfection but Brady hung it up in '16. Who takes that trade?

I mean, in that scenario he still has 6 rings (01,03,04,07,14,16) so it seems like a bad trade for everyone but Pats fans.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I wish we had seen an undefeated season personally.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

sean10mm posted:

I mean, in that scenario he still has 6 rings (01,03,04,07,14,16) so it seems like a bad trade for everyone but Pats fans.

Yea, maybe you'd have to say '11 or something to make it a better tradeoff, but I doubt Brady would have retired in 11 even if they won in 07 so I pushed it out further

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

A game check a is rounding error for a guy like Henry. Have to be sociopath to miss your child's birth for that.

Somehow my brain thought we were talking about Hunter Renfrow and not Hunter Henry.

quote:

Hunter Henry signed a three year, $37.5 million contract with the Patriots. Henry's guarantee is worth $25 million, all of which is fully guaranteed at signing. He received a $15 million signing bonus and his 2021 and 2022 salaries are guaranteed. Henry can earn up to $1 million in per game bonuses in each year of the contract.

Would you give up a million bucks to see your kid born? I dunno. I would hold that over that kids head their entire lives lol.

"Hey it's my million dollar baby! Did you empty the dishwasher like you were supposed to? I could pay someone to do that three times a day with a million bucks."

"gently caress YOU DAD I DIDN'T ASK YOU TO BE THERE!"

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’m not skipping out on more $900 to see the birth of my child, that’s what cell phone camera’s are for.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Nosre posted:

He wouldn’t have retired and would have just been more insufferable

Nov 6, 2002

Freaquency posted:

Sounds like a a win-win.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Freaquency posted:

If you thought the ‘72 Dolphins were an insufferable bunch of fucks, just imagine that plus Massholes. Tedy Bruschi would make Mercury Morris seem restrained. Writers like Bill Simmons and Dan Shaughnessy and others would somehow be worse than they already are.

Once again, thank god for Eli Manning.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I think part of the reasons for the 07 loss haunting Brady forever is that because of said loss the Pats didn’t begin the 08 season on the Thursday Night opener against probably the Steelers or the Brett Favre Jets. Instead they opened against the Kansas City Chiefs in which he blew out his knee.

At least that’s how I think about it.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think Brady has been trying to chase that perfect season ever since 2007 and it's pretty funny that he fucks it up every year.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Thank god for Bernard Pollard too. He made a number of seasons extremely enjoyable.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

fsif posted:

I think Brady has been trying to chase that perfect season ever since 2007 and it's pretty funny that he fucks it up every year.

God I wish I was close to being as large a gently caress up as 2008-2021 Brady.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

How kissable do you find your son?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
It's been like a page but I feel like we need to marinate in Ben McAdoo coaching the Cowboys tonight. The sheer beauty of it all is overwhelming

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Spoeank posted:

It's been like a page but I feel like we need to marinate in Ben McAdoo coaching the Cowboys tonight. The sheer beauty of it all is overwhelming

I’m rooting for Hill to have a Tebow like stat line and win.

Nov 6, 2002

Never forget the suit.

Imagine putting this on the morning of your introduction as head coach, looking into the mirror and saying "yes, this is good, this is the look I want." He should have divorced his wife for letting him leave the house looking like that.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It was cool when he took the criticism of his hair to heart and changed his look.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thinking about Ben McAdoo's midlife crisis car

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

t a s t e posted:

How kissable do you find your son?
i hope some day the children of tff parents will get to experience affection

Never forget the suit.

Imagine putting this on the morning of your introduction as head coach, looking into the mirror and saying "yes, this is good, this is the look I want." He should have divorced his wife for letting him leave the house looking like that.

i dunno if that woulda helped, he already looks like hes divorced

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Kalli posted:

Thinking about Ben McAdoo's midlife crisis car

Since he was in NY, it would be tough to compete with the super high rollers going around in actual Ferraris or Lamborghinis.

Maybe a Hummer H3?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Magicpants posted:

i hope some day the children of tff parents will get to experience affection

That sort of affection is usually limited to tff mods op

Nov 6, 2002

Android Apocalypse posted:

Since he was in NY, it would be tough to compete with the super high rollers going around in actual Ferraris or Lamborghinis.

Maybe a Hummer H3?

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

fsif posted:

It was cool when he took the criticism of his hair to heart and changed his look.

That fucken beard though. How can you have millions of dollars and there's nobody around to tell you not to shape your beard along your jawline like that?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

LargeHadron posted:

That fucken beard though. How can you have millions of dollars and there's nobody around to tell you not to shape your beard along your jawline like that?

Ben McAdoo is the man, that when things got really bad, decided to hitch his fate to benching beloved franchise icon Eli Manning for Geno Smith.

Ben McAdoo is not a man who thinks things through.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
As much fun as "gently caress the Cowboys" is, McAdoo winning and causing a little coaching controversy with McCarthy would be :discourse:.

Doesn't quite beat the idea of the Cowboys losing to Taysom Hill or Trevor Siemian.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Players of the Month:

AFC:
O - Jonathan Taylor
D - JC Jackson
ST - Tommy Townsend (P, Chiefs)

NFC:
O - Justin Jefferson
D - Robert Quinn (is on the Bears??)
ST - Jake Elliott (K, Eagles)

Rookie:
O - Mac Jones
D - Micah Parsons

And most importantly, Lenny got the NVP this week

https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1466204144260333570

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

fsif posted:

stealing Heidecker's bit

https://twitter.com/bepryor/status/1466434137250840579

plagueburgh steelers at it again

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Zero excuses for the Ravens to lose to them sunday. Absolutely zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Would you give up a million bucks to see your kid born? I dunno. I would hold that over that kids head their entire lives lol.

It's probably worth noting that the wording is "up to $1 million in per game bonuses" not "up to $1 million in bonuses per game." Those bonuses are also probably only for post season games.