Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

Blame Pyrrhus posted:

Tell me you live in my state without telling me you live in my state (AZ)

All houses built after 2000 look exactly the same here.

edit: The garage looks like my house from 2 houses ago (bonus shot of my first C7)

Whenever I'm browsing BaT I stop on the thumbnails that look like AZ and I've only been wrong a couple times.

Also my house was built in the early 90s so you're even more correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I drove a 718 cayman gts today and it was really nice

Everyone should get one of those instead of ugly new 2

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

More price, fewer seats and trunk.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

GTS is an M4 competitor on price (and loses), but much smaller and down on power. In reality, it doesn't compete with any BMW and is more of a Lotus Emira or Jaguar F Type competitor.

bergeoisie
Aug 29, 2004
Anyone have opinions on Cravenspeed for a tow hook mounted front license plate holder? Looks like US Millworks doesn't have anything for the G20 yet. I finally got my plates and I don't want to drill into my bumper (or maybe I'm too dumb to figure out how else the dealer provided front plate holder would attach?). And yes, I am in a state that cares about it.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Blackhawk posted:

More price, fewer seats and trunk.

Much better car.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Hmm looks like I'd have to choose between driving the missus OR the dog though

ew don't say "M4" at me those are gross

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

bergeoisie posted:

Anyone have opinions on Cravenspeed for a tow hook mounted front license plate holder? Looks like US Millworks doesn't have anything for the G20 yet. I finally got my plates and I don't want to drill into my bumper (or maybe I'm too dumb to figure out how else the dealer provided front plate holder would attach?). And yes, I am in a state that cares about it.

Instructions for the dealer provided front plate holder is to line it up and drill into the bumper. I couldn't bring myself to do it so I've been running without a front plate in blatant disregard for the law.

KillHour posted:

GTS is an M4 competitor on price (and loses), but much smaller and down on power. In reality, it doesn't compete with any BMW and is more of a Lotus Emira or Jaguar F Type competitor.

Wouldn't it compete with the Z4 M40i ish? Or would that be more for the base model / boxster s? I'd love a cayman but realistically can't justify one until at least one of my kids is out of the house.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

If by "competes with" you mean "starts at 50% more than" then sure.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I mean, anyone looking to spend 80k on a car is probably also considering up to 125k. That's kind of a "bracket" for mid/high end production vehicles

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I mean, anyone looking to spend 80k on a car is probably also considering up to 125k. That's kind of a "bracket" for mid/high end production vehicles

I was in a situation where 90k maybe 100 all-in was my limit for comfort so that's not true. If I was considering 125k I would have looked at Porsches (and the German V8 super wagons) but I was not and I did not.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Don't you have like 40 cars though?

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Hi Salesguy Man, my budget is X, but I can stretch it to X + 75% because I'm a responsible budgethaver

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

Don't you have like 40 cars though?

3 and 40 are similar quantities of cars in the same sense that 80 and 125k are similar car budgets.

I could, in theory, have sold one of my cars to get me to have a much larger budget, I suppose. But how many people are buying a Cayman GTS as their only car?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Ether Frenzy posted:

Hi Salesguy Man, my budget is X, but I can stretch it to X + 75% because I'm a responsible budgethaver

No one spending 80k on a car is stretching to find that last dollar.

I think?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

KillHour posted:

3 and 40 are similar quantities of cars in the same sense that 80 and 125k are similar car budgets.

I could, in theory, have sold one of my cars to get me to have a much larger budget, I suppose. But how many people are buying a Cayman GTS as their only car?

Not many, I legitimately thought you had 5 or 6 for some reason.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Residency Evil posted:

I think?

Yeah, this. The median income of a New Porsche Buyer is $310,000, Mercedes is $250k, etc. These are not people who hem and haw the +$1,200 for real leather or whatever. If they shop in the luxury production car market they look at the whole luxury production car market range. Their $80k to $125 is akin to the Subaru Shopper's $22k to $39k

And they definitely don't get asked "What's your budget" lol. They get a phone call from the Porsche Guy saying there's a 911 inbound and we'll talk numbers while the ink dries

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Residency Evil posted:

I think?

On average, no

In reality, yes absolutely

There are 100% people living in lovely apartments who are super car poor because they spent every dollar they could scrape up on their pride and joy.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If we were talking about picking up a Ferrari 812 Superfast I could see this argument but we're talking about a Cayman, and $80k cars are kind of Pauper Level in the grand scheme of things so the people buying them tend to usually be on at least a *suggested* budget.

But I would love to hear more about these Subaru shoppers who are fluctuating between the $22k cardboard box and the $39k WRX.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Ether Frenzy posted:

But I would love to hear more about these Subaru shoppers who are fluctuating between the $22k cardboard box and the $39k WRX.

The CrossTrek starts at $22k and tops $36 before you even talk options!

The noble Outback is $26k to a stone cold $40k

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Speaking of cars, this went for $68k so it cost him about $1 per mile to store it for 8 years.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2013-bmw-m3-92/

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Just buy a corvette

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

BlackMK4 posted:

Not many, I legitimately thought you had 5 or 6 for some reason.

If my partner wouldn't kill me, I probably would.

kill me now posted:

On average, no

In reality, yes absolutely

There are 100% people living in lovely apartments who are super car poor because they spent every dollar they could scrape up on their pride and joy.

This is a very AI thing to do so we can't hate.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
She dings wheels, you buy 2 more cars. It just makes sense.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah, this. The median income of a New Porsche Buyer is $310,000, Mercedes is $250k, etc. These are not people who hem and haw the +$1,200 for real leather or whatever.
And they definitely don't get asked "What's your budget" lol. They get a phone call from the Porsche Guy saying there's a 911 inbound and we'll talk numbers while the ink dries

Let me introduce you to https://www.rennlist.com a website where I people spend hours debating whether or not to add black or silver wheels to their car and how to configure their specific car.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Speaking of cars, this went for $68k so it cost him about $1 per mile to store it for 8 years.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2013-bmw-m3-92/

I loved this one:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2013-dodge-viper-srt-15/

Purchased for 156k + tax, sold for 172k 8 years later with 193 original miles.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I’m sick of bmw. Someone buy me a gt3

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Residency Evil posted:

Let me introduce you to https://www.rennlist.com a website where I people spend hours debating whether or not to add black or silver wheels to their car and how to configure their specific car.

I loved this one:
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2013-dodge-viper-srt-15/

Purchased for 156k + tax, sold for 172k 8 years later with 193 original miles.

We gotta stick to silly BMWs

$90k for an e46 and a 1M

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-bmw-m3-coupe-78/
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2011-bmw-1m-94/

!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

I’m sick of bmw. Someone buy me a gt3

That’s a funny way to spell Taycan GTS Sport Turismo

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

I read the article, it seems to be clickbait. It says that a score of 0-18 is normal. A score above 18 may indicate psychopathic behavior. BMW drivers scored an average of 12.1 and Audi drivers scored an average of 11.7. They scored the highest on the test but still well within the “normal people” range.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's like it's cramming its boobs against the window

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

snugglz posted:

sad day, but my 332ti is up for sale/part-out
Sad to see it wrecked, those are great little cars. That had to be a lot of fun with the swap and all the work done.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Dec 2, 2021

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Soon as BMW figures out how to integrate the headlights into the grill outline, it's gonna be nothing but grill

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Ether Frenzy posted:

If we were talking about picking up a Ferrari 812 Superfast I could see this argument but we're talking about a Cayman, and $80k cars are kind of Pauper Level in the grand scheme of things so the people buying them tend to usually be on at least a *suggested* budget.

BMW Thread: $80k cars are kind of Pauper Level in the grand scheme of things

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

:hmmyes:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
German plant is not building 3's until January

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I am an internet "influencer" and "blogger" and demand to be noticed from miles away! How can I make the GRILLE BIGGER and car UGLIER on this "old" 2016 535, please? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

I know everyone here drives a $4500 car so a $80k car seems like it's expensive, but I can assure you that people buying $80k cars are not the same people who have a spare $45k to drop into their purchase, which falls to "actually rich" people.