Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Mike Pompeo has had a rough 10 months

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1466233424302149633?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
That's gotta be cancer.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That was my first thought

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Yeah, I've seen cancer waste someone away like that before and it ain't pretty if that's his change from less than a year ago.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
There's no way he just suddenly got on a successful diet or started a major exercise regimen. Its gotta be health issues.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Cross quoting but this is really something because even the tiny bit of RWM I've listened to is screaming about this as more cancel culture and censorship of...well, nazis I guess...but they're real mad about it even though it does the exact opposite thing of what they're crying about.

I mean...they KNOW that but, as usual, their listeners don't so they get to have it both ways. (This is HORRIBLE censorship of RW free speech! Be outraged! Look at Twitter all you patriots! Fight back!)

Meanwhile it works to do exactly what they want. It's like them trying to say "look at this liberal activist Supreme Court letting more babies get murdered!" going on right now when we all know what's going to happen is effective repeal of R v W.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

CommieGIR posted:

There's no way he just suddenly got on a successful diet or started a major exercise regimen. Its gotta be health issues.

I think it's lap band.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

CommieGIR posted:

My friend went on this super strict diet and looked like this after a few months. EVERYONE thought he had cancer, but nope, just weight loss.

Then he got liver cancer about 5 years later, but hes fine now.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I did a similar thing over less than a year. Over 200lbs to 135 my sophomore year of high school. I was 15 not 60something but still, it's not some impossible feat. Americans are just very fat and lazy as a rule.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's definitely possible to lose a bunch of weight quickly with strict diet and exercise I just don't think Pompeo is one to do it.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I did a similar thing over less than a year. Over 200lbs to 135 my sophomore year of high school. I was 15 not 60something but still, it's not some impossible feat. Americans are just very fat and lazy as a rule.

Yeah its just more not what I'd expect from someone like Pompeo.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

CommieGIR posted:

That's gotta be cancer.

CommieGIR posted:

Inshallah.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

We sure someone didn’t just slice in a pic of Kevin Spacey?

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

He probably had surgery to lose weight so he can run for President or something.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

National Review puts out an article because they missed a joke and also make an elementary math error.

https://twitter.com/atlemar/status/1466818102704816132?s=20

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Lemme guess, Fake NEws or The Fakest News?

Tucker Carlson Asked Hunter Biden to Help His Son Get Into College

https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7nnp7/tucker-carlson-hunter-biden-son-college

“I can't thank you enough for writing that letter to Georgetown on Buckley's behalf,” Carlson wrote in a 2014 email to Biden. “So nice of you. I know it'll help. Hope you're great and we can all get dinner soon.”

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

BiggerBoat posted:

Lemme guess, Fake NEws or The Fakest News?

“I can't thank you enough for writing that letter to Georgetown on Buckley's behalf,” Carlson wrote in a 2014 email to Biden. “So nice of you. I know it'll help. Hope you're great and we can all get dinner soon.”

His son is named Buckley Carlson? Jesus.

Enver Zogha
Nov 12, 2008

The modern revisionists and reactionaries call us Stalinists, thinking that they insult us and, in fact, that is what they have in mind. But, on the contrary, they glorify us with this epithet; it is an honor for us to be Stalinists.

BiggerBoat posted:

When I see stuff like this, I think of a phenomenon that has been called stuff like "political kayfabe."

There are more than a few instances where a politician will claim their humdrum opponent is a deranged extremist who wants to socialize your rear end in a top hat, but then on some other occasion when being interviewed by a journalist it's like "ah yeah my opponent and I are good friends, we went to the same university and we occasionally meet to talk about the kids and good ol' days. Politics is about friendship." Then both politicians will proceed to different rallies to explain that their opponent must be stopped at all costs or else America will cease to exist.

It's a concept that doesn't seem to come up very often outside of political science nerds even though it's quite common.

Enver Zogha fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Dec 4, 2021

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
GREETINGS, I AM BUCK, SON OF TUCK, GRANDSON OF CUCK, AND HEIR TO THE FATMEAL DYNASTY

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Enver Zogha posted:

When I see stuff like this, I think of a phenomenon that has been called stuff like "political kayfabe."

There are more than a few instances where a politician will claim their humdrum opponent is a deranged extremist who wants to socialize your rear end in a top hat, but then on some other occasion when being interviewed by a journalist it's like "ah yeah my opponent and I are good friends, we went to the same university and we occasionally meet to talk about the kids and good ol' days. Politics is about friendship." Then both politicians will proceed to different rallies to explain that their opponent must be stopped at all costs or else America will cease to exist.

It's a concept that doesn't seem to come up very often outside of political science nerds even though it's quite common.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6cwyuu

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Lemniscate Blue posted:

It’s his brother’s name too.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Enver Zogha posted:

Turns out class warfare is real and important.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Enver Zogha posted:

"political kayfabe."

It looks like a lot of Democratic politicians still think this is a thing, and they haven't realized that after the GOP ensures their one party rule the base will start demanding executions or less charitably they are cool with it and ok with the cops slaughtering increasingly desperate disenfranchised voters

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Xand_Man posted:

It looks like a lot of Democratic politicians still think this is a thing, and they haven't realized that after the GOP ensures their one party rule the base will start demanding executions or less charitably they are cool with it and ok with the cops slaughtering increasingly desperate disenfranchised voters

I mean yeah not long after this happens Tucker is fifth to go against the wall by whichever Patriot Militia deems him ideologically impure in Chudmerica, and he'd have to be the biggest loving moron not to see it coming and do everything he can to reverse course.

We're doomed :negative:

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Nah, he has the money to run to whatever country will take him and his money. The better question is whether he even cares about his family enough to help them escape.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
He named his child 'Buckley', of course he doesn't.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It’s his stupid brother’s name too.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
just delurking in this thread to note that the thread title puts a smile on my face every time I see it, please never change it

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

just delurking in this thread to note that the thread title puts a smile on my face every time I see it, please never change it

If it helps any further, Rush Limbaugh is going to be dead for infinitely longer than he ever was alive as well.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

You're welcome :smug:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Heard some KC O'Dea this morning going to pick up my cousin to take him to the DMV, and the show was about...defending Ethan Crumbley's parents. Not even joking.

The analogy he used was "Well pretend that I'm a teenager and I really want an older Dodge Viper, which doesn't have ABS, so it's more dangerous than other cars. So they buy it for me, and even though they legally own it, because I'm a teenager and they're the ones who bought it, it's still considered my car. They give me driving lessons, and tell me over and over again that the car doesn't have ABS and that I have to be careful, and train me in the proper way to drive. And let's say that I go out and speed in it, and use it in an improper manner, and kill some people. How is that my parents' fault?"

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Twelve by Pies posted:

Heard some KC O'Dea this morning going to pick up my cousin to take him to the DMV, and the show was about...defending Ethan Crumbley's parents. Not even joking.

The analogy he used was "Well pretend that I'm a teenager and I really want an older Dodge Viper, which doesn't have ABS, so it's more dangerous than other cars. So they buy it for me, and even though they legally own it, because I'm a teenager and they're the ones who bought it, it's still considered my car. They give me driving lessons, and tell me over and over again that the car doesn't have ABS and that I have to be careful, and train me in the proper way to drive. And let's say that I go out and speed in it, and use it in an improper manner, and kill some people. How is that my parents' fault?"

:iiaca: cannot be stopped as a debate tactic so long as the freeway system exists.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
That analogy only works if you add in the kid drawing himself running people over at school, and the parents blow it off despite being warned repeatedly by the school

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

If I already got caught trying to drag race their car and my parents' reaction was "lol you need to learn not to get caught next time" then yeah sounds like that might be criminal negligence on their part

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Comparing guns to cars always hurts my head. Also you wouldn't be buying a 15 year old a car because he can't drive so it doesn't work even in the stupid analogy that makes no sense!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
And regardless, cars have stricter controls anyways and you are more likely to face punitive legal action from using a car.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Right wingers like to go on about how you can shoot for sport, or hunt for food, and therefore it's unfair to say that guns are made to kill people because they exist for other reasons too!

So given the fact that they love using car analogies so much, all I can think of now is some sort of death car that has constant flamethrowers on the sides, spikes shooting out of the hubcaps, and giant hammers on the hood and trunk, and someone saying "But you can drive it to the grocery store, or even just go for a nice relaxing drive in the park, it's unfair to say that it's made to kill people!"

Problematic Soup
Feb 18, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Right wingers like to go on about how you can shoot for sport, or hunt for food, and therefore it's unfair to say that guns are made to kill people because they exist for other reasons too!

So given the fact that they love using car analogies so much, all I can think of now is some sort of death car that has constant flamethrowers on the sides, spikes shooting out of the hubcaps, and giant hammers on the hood and trunk, and someone saying "But you can drive it to the grocery store, or even just go for a nice relaxing drive in the park, it's unfair to say that it's made to kill people!"

Ngl, that death car sounds rad as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Problematic Soup posted:

Ngl, that death car sounds rad as hell.

I would also like the death car please.