Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

pounding the skins in a drum circle with Radar, bipedal Bob, and that purple guy from Anjali

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
yo next time you get a bad flu try the gateway tapes it hits different

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

the NYT ones, yeah. that was significant but otoh nothing much new.

the flashy bit about those were the source, semi offical acknowledgment of poo poo we all knew was old news. same sketchy footage, same mouth watering implications as ever but now on camera

its a bit smelly that one finger of the hand is pointing at birds while the other nine all point at venus or drones

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

endocriminologist posted:

yo next time you get a bad flu try the gateway tapes it hits different

better or worse?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I really want to try out those gateway tapes but otoh I like not being bothered by orbs and shadow people when I try to sleep

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Lol if you haven't been pondering orbs for the last decade

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Missionary Positron posted:

I really want to try out those gateway tapes but otoh I like not being bothered by orbs and shadow people when I try to sleep

I was bothered by orbs last night when I rolled over awkwardly (the orbs were my testicles)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Missionary Positron posted:

ive only done the first four but it's not really like that, so far at least, it's kinda the opposite of scary tophot guy

watch me eat a bird when I get to tape 12 or whatever tho

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

birds are real and will protect you from orbs

im jealous of you guys doing the tapes, i am not because i believe TOO much and wont take the CIA approved way in lol

part of me laughs at this post but a quieter deeper part nods sagely

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Wheeee posted:

starseeds incarnating onto earth to help guide us toward higher consciousness but every time they get locked into one of our psycho monkey brains they just end up going crazy and abusing drugs until they die

Rajneesh just liked shiny things and valium too much.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Barry Foster posted:

Can you explain more?

Sure.

Violette basically pulled together the works of the esotericist P.D Ouspensky and psychiatrist Richard Maurice Bucke to propose that what we experience as time is actually motion in an extra fourth-dimensional space. In our usual state of consciousness, we cannot perceive this. But the dimensions intersect, and we sometimes glimpse this via experiences such as NDEs, psi effects, or when paranormal phenomena present themselves (such as ghosts, extraterrestrials, etc). He uses Abbott's "Flatland" to illustrate how lower-dimensional beings experience the higher dimensions much in the same way as we experience the aforementioned events. He didn't speculate on any dimensions beyond the fourth, as the fourth in-and-of-itself is sparsely knowable. He touches on string theory and quantum physics to bolster the idea.

It's all very eloquently presented without the mental gymnastics many modern physicists use in attempts to (perhaps unnecessarily) extrapolate beyond the fourth. Really a hidden gym IMO.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
What does 'woo' mean? What does 'aitee' mean?

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Chris Pistols posted:

aitee is the date of official first contact. Nancy told me so

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Chris Pistols posted:

woo is far out stuff, benevolent super powery stuff

aitee was a post made on reddit i think 7/8 years ago? it was about being abducted and well written but the aliens couldnt talk so well so the date fot them appearing was july 18 or 8...it sounded like 'aitee' for this year

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Chris Pistols posted:

op

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

my bony fealty posted:

aitee is the date of official first contact. Nancy told me so

google 'throwawalien' for the aitee thing, it was fun!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Chris Pistols posted:

i will never reveal the woo-tang secret

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

helicopter door gunner: "if it doesn't make sense, it's an op. if it makes sense, it's a well trained op!"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Woo is old as gently caress, predates the thread, predates the forums for sure

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Sleekly posted:

google 'throwawalien' for the aitee thing, it was fun!

I still believe. July 8th 2022 here we come

the first time I heard the term woo the full phrase was "woo woo hippy bullshit" and I reckon its accurate as an abbreviation of that

its been a derogatory term for new age stuff forever ya

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
Thank you, everyone.

Here are some words about when King George V saw some spooky stuff in the sky:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Fly Ricky posted:

Sure.

Violette basically pulled together the works of the esotericist P.D Ouspensky and psychiatrist Richard Maurice Bucke to propose that what we experience as time is actually motion in an extra fourth-dimensional space. In our usual state of consciousness, we cannot perceive this. But the dimensions intersect, and we sometimes glimpse this via experiences such as NDEs, psi effects, or when paranormal phenomena present themselves (such as ghosts, extraterrestrials, etc). He uses Abbott's "Flatland" to illustrate how lower-dimensional beings experience the higher dimensions much in the same way as we experience the aforementioned events. He didn't speculate on any dimensions beyond the fourth, as the fourth in-and-of-itself is sparsely knowable. He touches on string theory and quantum physics to bolster the idea.

It's all very eloquently presented without the mental gymnastics many modern physicists use in attempts to (perhaps unnecessarily) extrapolate beyond the fourth. Really a hidden gym IMO.

Aight thanks bud!

Seems to me there's absolutely no way to test any of this poo poo - isn't string theory famously unfalsifiable? - but it sure is fun to think about

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Sleekly posted:

realtalk i dont think Lue adds much, its hard to articulate why but hes hasnt ever broken new stuff?

he does seem to want to attract eyes on birds though for sure. and he doesnt seem to be advocating any particular way of thinking about birds. hes a definite force but im a bit lost as to how why and when he became so honestly

hes a good speaker, dude could tell campfire stories youd tell your grandkids and dont underestimate how charisma like that can go places

What you're noticing is that Lue is doing what a succession of military and intelligence folks have been doing with the UFO community since at least the 60s. That is, saying that something is happening and that they're going to help get to the bottom of it. The exact way they promise varies (Lue is promising insider evidence, for example), but always the pitch is the same: trust me and I will get you verifiable information that will finally reveal the truth. And one after another, it has not been true. Lue is on a well worn path, and whether he's an op or a grifter or both is functionally irrelevant. Your brain is noticing the pattern and coming to the realization that for all the words he's gonna say, nothing will come of it.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Chris Pistols posted:

Thank you, everyone.

Here are some words about when King George V saw some spooky stuff in the sky:

ghost sailors in
the skyyyyyyy

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Azathoth posted:

What you're noticing is that Lue is doing what a succession of military and intelligence folks have been doing with the UFO community since at least the 60s. That is, saying that something is happening and that they're going to help get to the bottom of it. The exact way they promise varies (Lue is promising insider evidence, for example), but always the pitch is the same: trust me and I will get you verifiable information that will finally reveal the truth. And one after another, it has not been true. Lue is on a well worn path, and whether he's an op or a grifter or both is functionally irrelevant. Your brain is noticing the pattern and coming to the realization that for all the words he's gonna say, nothing will come of it.

yeah totally
but nothing lasts forever, ive said before this whole area is the most romantic thing there is truly and deeply for humans and i refuse to believe anyone can hope to suppress it forever

thats my woo definite stance, in the end itll be like trying to keep nukes or ENIGMA codes secret

hope so anyways!

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i also fear that the most wonderful news re birds could happen like a volcano and that not enough of us would care enough to change our course so we could go for space steaks together

coin flip but i still think people are good even if our masters are all bad and we have little power

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

there's fairly strong circumstantial evidence that suggests he used his position at AATIP to request and then unilaterally approve the declassification of those 3 videos on his way out the door

A Sealab 2021 style disclosure

e oh my God I didn't appreciate that this was 2021 until just now, it's loving December

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Yeah, like I hope I'm wrong and he does have something and that he's not what he appears to be, but the whole schtick is why I don't pay any attention to him beyond maybe reading the occasional news article. If folks get something out of listening to him, no shade from me, it's just not my thing.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Hollywood is pumping out another Matrix movie to get in front of the simulation disclosure news

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

I've been watching his show recently and its extreme History Channel energy makes me want to disbelieve it, and everyone in it, just by default

but then, I thought to myself, if his objective is just to get tons of regular ol idiot 'murcans to hassle the government about the birds then it's actually a pretty sound strategy lol

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
yo: https://old.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/1qyu5i/my_ufo_encounterexposure_while_on_board_an/

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Okay so I just had a weird one. I was doing day 5 of first Monroe thing (exploration sleep) and I wasn't really getting much until towards the end I had a couple of sensations like that myoclonic jerk (your leg kicking to wake you up because it thinks your body is falling) like... when an elevator falls too fast or something and you just feel like your brain kinda spins over for a second. And I had a brief image of this huge Moltar-looking bastard in a big beige boiler suit with a hood that had huge blue eyepieces and he was working some console or something in a red-lit room. I had to draw it while it was still fresh because it was pretty vivid and neat.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Okay so I just had a weird one. I was doing day 5 of first Monroe thing (exploration sleep) and I wasn't really getting much until towards the end I had a couple of sensations like that myoclonic jerk (your leg kicking to wake you up because it thinks your body is falling) like... when an elevator falls too fast or something and you just feel like your brain kinda spins over for a second. And I had a brief image of this huge Moltar-looking bastard in a big beige boiler suit with a hood that had huge blue eyepieces and he was working some console or something in a red-lit room. I had to draw it while it was still fresh because it was pretty vivid and neat.

Imagining this is the chap at the keyboard and mouse of our simulation

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

They stuck our simulation in the boiler room lmao

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

I don't have much to add except that I love it

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

skewetoo posted:

They stuck our simulation in the boiler room lmao

"They're all getting covid again! What should I do?"
"Just bang it with the wrench a few times. That should clear it up for a while."

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

this owns and your drawing style feels very video game concept art

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

poisonpill posted:

"They're all getting covid again! What should I do?"
"Just bang it with the wrench a few times. That should clear it up for a while."

"Just send an emissary and spawn a new religion''

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

blatman posted:

this owns and your drawing style feels very video game concept art

Thank you! I mostly cribbed/learned by copying George Bridgman but there's definitely an influence from Amano's line art in there too... and a French expressionist I can't remember.
I spent most of my young life really wanting to be an artist before pragmatism forced me into programming but that's how it goes I suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i guess it makes sense that this timeline is just a space ghost coast to coast skit