Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
The whole thing is stupid because who in TYOOL 2021 gives a poo poo about being a patriarch of a family

get over yourself, this isn't 1700s England

Also look at this big bad patriarch crying because his "authority over the family" (??? meaning???) is questioned? Like what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LanceHunter posted:

You seem extremely upset about a joke-y reply that will never even be seen by the person who made the original post. There's no actual divorce happening here, or even contemplated by op. However, we can joke about it slightly-hyperbolically here because the husband is an absolute piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat.

People are arguing against me saying divorce is over the top though. It’s happening right here in this thread!

She should be mad and angry. She should refuse to help. He needs a harsh reality check and probably grief therapy.

But divorce?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

boop the snoot posted:

She could just refuse to help?

That seems like a much more reasonable solution than SURPRISE! DOVORCE!

this thread is quick to cry divorce, however, the guys behavior is completely inexcusable even within the framework of "he is in extreme mourning and thus delusional"

the root issue here is that, as a guy who doesn't seem to contribute meaningfully to the household finances or upkeep, he positions himself as being the unquestioned decision maker of that household. the only way this would work is if the OP bowed her head and followed his every command, which thankfully she has enough self respect to disregard that nonsense. she's getting poo poo on by the dude's family as well. i really doubt his idiot attitude toward family power dynamics popped into his head or his family's the second dad went in the ground, so clearly they have incompatible ideas about how the family should be run. by texting the family that her husband is actually a dumbass and there will be no christmas party at their house, she set up a necessary and inevitable confrontation which is going to end in one of them either surrendering completely or the relationship will fracture

the only way this doesn't end in divorce if that the therapist beats the manfulness out of him with a sock of nickels and he goes low contact with his lovely family

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Come on guys, you're ruining National Fritters Day.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

boop the snoot posted:

Divorce.

:siren::siren:I am not speaking to her reaction. I am speaking to this post:

Lmao what even is your point?

I need a hard number on how long until she’s allowed to be a person again buddy. When does his role-play patriarch grief card expire?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

The whole thing is stupid because who in TYOOL 2021 gives a poo poo about being a patriarch of a family

get over yourself, this isn't 1700s England

Maybe it's like that one post where the guy watched too much Succession and thought taking over his father's modest business was the most important thing in the world and became obsessed with the idea.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Lmao what even is your point?

I need a hard number on how long until she’s allowed to be a person again buddy. When does his role-play patriarch grief card expire?

Yeah dude I guess divorce him over it. I think it’s a bit over the top of a reaction to someone acting out their grief like this but alright. That’s where we differ.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

boop the snoot posted:

Yeah dude I guess divorce him over it.

Hey man I’m sorry about your FIL

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Hey man I’m sorry about your FIL

You made me the OP of the AITA post, just fyi

Nice job taking the wind out of your own sails though lol

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
I would divorce, unless I knew about his behavior/thots pre marriage but with a living fil I doubt it. 5 days 26 people, 6 months pregnant. No help allowed. gently caress that, that's not a fam it's a man with a bang-maid-mom

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

boop the snoot posted:

settle down and move on

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I used to work at a small company where the boss had a house in the Hamptons, a house in Boca Raton, and an apartment on the Upper East Side in Manhattan. Twice a year she'd spend thousands of dollars to ship her orchids back and forth by air between New York and Florida. And then she'd tell us that there simply wasn't enough money for raises that year.

Unless that boss was the sole owner I'm not sure what money they have/what they spend it on has anything to do with how much money the business has. When I'm given an annual budget for raises/promotions I don't get to keep it if I don't give it out to employees. On the flip side, since it's not my money I fight for every last dollar I can get and get that poo poo into other people's paychecks. Some bootlicking managers actually have budget left over and they're proud of that.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

boop the snoot posted:

His dad died.

People act out when their goddamn parents die you heartless assholes.

Oh poo poo, I could have just a been a giant pissbaby when my dad died instead of handling things like an adult? And it was a year ago.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Let the poor man be the patriarch for Christmas. Pregnant mom can leave the 2 year old at home and book a hotel for those 5 days. No need for divorce!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

boop the snoot posted:

Haha, you called him a boat.

Now calm down, have some dip.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

boop the snoot posted:

:ok:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The dude's dad died a year ago. The window in which he gets a free pass on being a lovely person is long gone. Get some therapy and stop being an awful husband.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Please be nice to your pregnant wife, working night shifts while raising a kid is brutal!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Motronic posted:

Unless that boss was the sole owner I'm not sure what money they have/what they spend it on has anything to do with how much money the business has. When I'm given an annual budget for raises/promotions I don't get to keep it if I don't give it out to employees. On the flip side, since it's not my money I fight for every last dollar I can get and get that poo poo into other people's paychecks. Some bootlicking managers actually have budget left over and they're proud of that.

She was the sole owner. She had the bookkeeper falsify her EZpass records so she could pretend she didn't live in Manhattan as often as she did so she could avoid NYC taxes.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

teen witch posted:

settle down and move on

Can I respond to the posts made after yours before I move on or is the burden completely on me here

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

boop the snoot posted:

Can I respond to the posts made after this one before I move on or is the burden completely on me here

Dude.

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Reminder, it's ok to occasionally hold a man accountable for being a piece of poo poo regardless of whatever outside circumstances are in play

And I can say that because I am a man

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

boop the snoot posted:

Can I respond to the posts made after yours before I move on or is the burden completely on me here

Why don't you just climb down off of that fuckin cross already lol

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Motronic posted:

It’s never a good look if the executives are living large while claiming money is tight, regardless of the particulars of how they’re compensated.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

boop the snoot posted:

Man, what a burden, not continuing a dipshit slapfight, I'm praying for you

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Let him post through it this is hilarious

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

boop the snoot posted:

Only if you use nautical references and nothing else from now on in this thread.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Only if you use nautical references and nothing else from now on in this thread.

That’s a bit overboard.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
For god's sake teen witch and corky you have stop talking buttons!!! use them!!!!!!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

mind the walrus posted:

This is why I always warn the subsection of my friends who still want to be tradwives/stahm/whatever and let their spouse be the breadwinner-- if you give a spouse financial control, they're going to assume they have total control. Goodwill between parties in a capitalist system does not exist when one party is financially subservient to the other. Hubby is a massive POS, but this is a very expected outcome from anyone who feels like they're "the boss."
A lot of the quiverfull, tradwife, etc. stuff is actually pushed by women because they think it will force their manchild bf/husband to grow up. Of course, simply declaring that someone is now an Enlightened Despot only enshrines the despotism.

Brawnfire posted:

How did the witch get mixed up in the turkey hunt scenario
Thanks to the Trad Games forum, I've learned that transformation/vore/etc. fetishists figured out that they can kinda-sorta fly under the radar by sneaking their fetish into Harry Potter type stuff. (It doesn't really work, because they get too horny and it becomes too obvious.)

OGDanDogg
Sep 16, 2002
Why do people keep saying she works the night shift? She has a fulltime job and he works 3 night shifts a week.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Halloween Jack posted:

Thanks to the Trad Games forum, I've learned that transformation/vore/etc. fetishists figured out that they can kinda-sorta fly under the radar by sneaking their fetish into Harry Potter type stuff. (It doesn't really work, because they get too horny and it becomes too obvious.)
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1461017870683488262

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Harry Potter fandom is the most inexplicably terrifying to me.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

Mr. Grapes! posted:

Oh it is delicious. I got fired from a teaching job because of some complete bullshit, where I refused to use some Brand New Phone App that is gonna REVOLUTIONISE LEARNING (just like the other 9 mandatory apps we hate). It really opened my eyes to how many schools have worthless suits whose entire job is built around justifying their paycheck by forcing the teachers to REVOLUTIONISE their teaching with crappy clunky technology that will inevitably be eclipsed by whatever crap they shill the next time they get bored.

Admin then got to enjoy hordes angry parents calling the school and asking why Mr. Grapes got fired and having the answer that he refused to use the New App (that most of the parents hate too). I got rehired within 2 days at a much higher salary and a willingness to completely dig in on fighting against any stupid bullshit in the future. They created a monster.

I did actually get 'fired' once from a boutique tiny little rich kid school (like 40 students in the whole place). They paid me late one too many times so I just walked out, along with my girlfriend who was also teaching there, and told them I would stay home until the cash was in my hands. When the parents asked about us the school told them that we had recently acquired a deadly and contagious disease(!). This was long before Covid. Naturally the parents freaked out - all of them already had my email address and sent their condolences on our impending deaths, only to find out the truth and then completely lose their poo poo. School shut down within 2 months as they all withdrew because it became clear the place was run by an insane person. Like, it's one thing to lie about a missing teacher, but it really is something else to tell a wildly ridiculous lie that will fall apart under 2 seconds of scrutiny. Demonstrates an incompetence of a staggering level when they could have just said 'Paycheck dispute' and left it at that and probably be largely believed.

admittedly i'm very nervous about going into teaching professionally next year, especially with all the Brand New Phone App horseshit my mentor gets dumped on his desk, but this post gives me hope i can stand my ground should the time come (assuming i'm a decent teacher besides the Phone App Refusal). i'm surprised though they terminated you mid semester instead of at the end where they could've quietly shuffled you away

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

edit: nvm, thread moves fast. Didn't see mod warnings to move on.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
edit: jesus christ, stepped away while composing this and did not expect 50 posts in the interim

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dazerbeams posted:

Let the poor man be the patriarch for Christmas. Pregnant mom can leave the 2 year old at home and book a hotel for those 5 days. No need for divorce!

you know she'd be constantly bombarded with texts and calls accusing her of being unsupportive for not hosting two dozen people in her home

i mean the real nuclear option would be to invite everyone and then check into a nice hotel for a few days with the kid and let the family watch pissbaby husband wallow and flounder as he is entirely helpless without his absent wife but at that point she may as well serve him papers

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for being mad at my parents about this?

quote:

So, my birthday is coming up soon, and my parents got me a used PSP for my birthday gift. I was very happy but by the time they showed me the gift it was very late and I had to go to sleep first. The next day I was excited to play on my PSP but when I booted it up it turned off after a few minutes. It turned out the PSP they bought was broken, so my parents immediately went to the store and got a refund. Here's where things go bad. After they got home I asked them when would they buy me another one, and my father said in a few weeks. I was obviously disappointed since my birthday is in a few days (9th of Dec) but I still was very happy. But later that day my mom said she discussed with my dad and said that they won't be getting me another PSP. I asked them why and they said I had already experienced it and I should cherish the memory of it, I told them that it was only on for a few minutes and I only got to boot up GTA. My mom got crossed at me and scolded me for not appreciating what I have. She told me that I will not be getting anything for my birthday and that it was my fault. I went to my room and cried(I'm 15), I didn't talk to my mom for a few hours and she said that I should be more grateful for what I have. For the record the PSP was my 3rd console. The first is a GBA SP from when my brother was 14 and the 2nd was a PS1 also for my brother. AITA?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

cumpantry posted:

admittedly i'm very nervous about going into teaching professionally next year, especially with all the Brand New Phone App horseshit my mentor gets dumped on his desk, but this post gives me hope i can stand my ground should the time come (assuming i'm a decent teacher besides the Phone App Refusal). i'm surprised though they terminated you mid semester instead of at the end where they could've quietly shuffled you away

It’s amazing the absolute dogshit quality of apps some organizations will pay for. Like bored teenagers make better designed and more functional apps that some of the poo poo I’ve seen the institutions use. Half the time it’s basically a lovely wrapper around a better existing system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for being mad at my parents about this?

Man how did you find this post from before Reddit existed? That’s impressive!