Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
There’s so much out of stock, it’s not easy making up $200.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
I finished building the new UCS Tumbler and it kind of makes me happy because as I started getting back into Lego last year I obviously missed out on the original one. It's not quite up to the 1989 Batmobile as it has zero play features/interesting functions asides from the wheels and doesn't feel as much as a brick, but it's still sturdy and a little bouncy which fits with the SUV aesthetic. I probably wouldn't buy it for €230 again (I pre-ordered it in a bundle with the small Tumbler for "free" but upon release everyone sold the UCS one for €200 and its since plummeted to €170, also the small one got delayed because it ran out of stock, still waiting on that one :v: ). Some of the instructions are unclear and seem to be skipping some steps and parts of the chassis feel a little loose, but it looks pretty rad and the "huh this is gonna be small, i'll be able to squeeze it next to the 1989" to "welp gotta clear a shelf" pipeline was fun.

Hope they come out with a 1960 UCS Batmobile next year!

engessa
Jan 19, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Got the Stratocaster for my dad and the bird of paradise plant for my mom. Thats birthdays done for next year. Got the classic batmobile for myself and got all the free gifts.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

The main living room shelves are pretty much all Ninjago right now. From top to bottom it's dragons, then mechs, then vehicles, then finally minifigures, scenery pieces, and the City Gardens. I was already planning to expand the shelves over the winter. Now I'm thinking of putting Lantern City on the other side of the bottom shelf to frame the middle. Definitely getting that one, along with the Evil Macaque's Mech. Honestly, for a blatant attempt to get more into the Chinese market. the whole Monkie Kid line has been pretty amazing.

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Carbohydrates posted:

2022 Monkie Kid sets!

B&P discord's been digging through some of these new pieces, like the dark green ingot and some kind of transparent orange SNOT brick. These all look great, especially City Of Lanterns, which feels like Ninjago City Lite. In fact, I bet someone will modify it to fit the Ninjago City standard shortly after it comes out. Lot of fun inside jokes / LEGO references in it, and the chopsticks piece has real potential as a new greebly bit. Also, a new color: basically a high visibility / fluorescent yellow. You can see it on the side of Mei's Dragon Car and on her torso.

Galactic Explorer and City of Lanterns look super nice, I might have to get them!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
All this activity seems to have completely destroyed lego.com's local stock checker. It won't even return results for local stores existing at all.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

The_Doctor posted:

I think you're in the UK, so it's different but I didn't have any issue. I got the guitar and the space shuttle, so I got the blanket, and I also was able to get that camera.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I'm glad I didn't try and wait til Black Friday to get some discount on an out of stock Titanic.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Calendar is basically empty again. That's 3 out of 4 months with pointless calendars. I miss when LEGO released the calendars a month ahead of time and they actually had stuff on them to look forward to. I guess they didn't make enough $$ that way or something. I'm guessing there will be another Xmas GWP announced in the next week.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

OTOH If you have supply issues, spending money to create demand via promos may not be a great idea.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Not sure why in the midst of global shipping and consumer crises that the company isn’t trying to artificially juice demand for products it can’t keep in supply. I guess lego, the corporation, doesn’t want to be my friend anymore
:negative:

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I get that there’s a pandemic and some serious global economic upheaval occurring peripheral to that, but have they considered me, the person completely unaffected by and insulated from all of this who still has time and money to play with toys all day? How inconsiderate.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!

$5.99 at a thrift store? Don't mind if I do!

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

pzy posted:

:stare: Lucky ducks, all our thrift stores have worn out biographies and stained jackets.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I read this and thought it was interesting. There's an assembly in the AT-AT that can't be taken apart. https://brickset.com/article/67650/lego-has-designed-a-set-that-can-t-be-taken-apart

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

deoju posted:

I read this and thought it was interesting. There's an assembly in the AT-AT that can't be taken apart. https://brickset.com/article/67650/lego-has-designed-a-set-that-can-t-be-taken-apart

I assume the black axle sits so flush that it can't be pulled out with a pair of tweezers or needle nose pliers? i have used those pieces but I can't picture how flush it is.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

jassi007 posted:

I assume the black axle sits so flush that it can't be pulled out with a pair of tweezers or needle nose pliers? i have used those pieces but I can't picture how flush it is.

That's what I figured too. I haven't built it myself.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lego knows no one will ever be disassembling a set that expensive.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

pzy posted:

Sounds like a steal... I mean, deal!

I never cared for Insectoids but that's a bonanza of parts for MOCs.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I have that set and I've used the 2 spring shocks way more than enough to justify a $5.99 price tag.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The new carousel had a piece that couldn't be disassembled. Two pieces, actually. Some technic stuff that went at the top and helped it to spin or something.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I thought the tiles on the road plates couldn't be disassembled then I realized there are holes on the bottom to poke them out through

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
The original impossible disassembly is any transparent 1x1 cone with a transparent flagpole piece stuck through the hole to the hilt.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
lol. I've got one of those somewhere. I wanted to make a trans red missile.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
Every time I hear someone talk about metals spontaneously welding to each other in a vacuum, I think "Classic Space Lego taught me all about that decades ago".

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

When's the Titanic going to be back in stock

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

bird with big dick posted:

I couldn't find a way to fix it so did a chat and it told me they were too busy so it supposedly took my info and will email me about it.

I've got two years worth of points that are on an account not associated with my lego.com account. My old VIP account has a different email than my lego.com and the new VIP has the right/same email so hopefully they'll straighten it out. There's gotta be a shitload of points on there I always let them pile up because I forget about them but was going to use some today and realized it says I only have 589 points instead of like 50,000 or something which is probably closer to what it should be.

Their solution was for me to delete all my accounts and make a new one and they'd credit me the VIP points. I'm still not convinced they didn't short me some points but I took screenshots of all my purchases and expenditures (since they're gone now that the old account is deleted) so if I ever get motivated enough I can probably do the math to figure it out.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
One of the sets for the new Disney movie Encanto has the best sticker ever

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
You’ve made a bunch of Harry Potter bird sets, make an Encanto flying capybara unicorn set you cowards.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

So....uh....when the Lego site tells you "something went wrong during the payment process" when paying via PayPal, and you then order again with a different payment method...actually nothing went wrong with the first payment process.

Welp, too much Lego incoming....

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

tuo posted:

So....uh....when the Lego site tells you "something went wrong during the payment process" when paying via PayPal, and you then order again with a different payment method...actually nothing went wrong with the first payment process.

Welp, too much Lego incoming....

Lol I lost a GWP once because I preordered a set or something, using PayPal and their PayPal authorisation ended up expiring before the release date or something like that, so they sent me an email to update my payment details. By the time this was all sorted out, the GWP was gone.

This has taught me to absolutely never ever use PayPal on Lego website. I guess add this to the long list of technical and other problems with their website/ordering process.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I even got both GWP twice :negative:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I just got the Birds of Paradise I forgot I ordered.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Bunch of new sets just had their images added.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

The Postcards are kind of cool :shrug:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Yeah, I like the NYC one.

Also that Dr. Strange tentacle monster is kinda cool.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

That Minecraft Fox house is goofy as a heck and I kind of want it.

I got my hopes up for a second seeing the high speed train thinking we were getting new full on train sets.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ooh more City Space sets!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bergeoisie
Aug 29, 2004
I really like the Lunar Research Base set.