Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Sour Diesel posted:

Antonio Clown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

sorry for the doublepost but if the GDT tonight isn't titled "Return of the McAdoo" I'll be very disappointed with you all :colbert:

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Now Antonio Brown will never be the full time host of Win Ben Stein's Money

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
What did Tom Brady know and when did he know it?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

So the trick here was just lie to the media and not the NFL to avoid suspension

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Sour Diesel posted:

Antonio Clown

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Brady cheats again.

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

Lol isn't the third guy the qb from the first season of last chance U?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Literally nobody checked into AB's card being legit till someone narc'd lol

God the security theater is so real

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Guze posted:

Lmao thank you for reminding me rodgers literally got no penalty

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The clear app thats used to get into a lot of events to show your vaccine status can easily be faked if you just take a photo of someone else's card lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I think the problem is there's literally no way to really know from just the card.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I think the problem is there's literally no way to really know from just the card.

When this first came up a bunch of people said you could track lot number and someother poo poo to see if it's legit if someone really cares.

Swear to god we're going to find out AB's card is just a bunch of scribbles.

Nov 6, 2002

Ches Neckbeard posted:

When this first came up a bunch of people said you could track lot number and someother poo poo to see if it's legit if someone really cares.

But HIPPA.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Guze posted:

That’s not really a trick that’s common sense.

You aren’t under any obligation to the media outside being there and giving an answer

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Feature not a bug.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Smells like vindication that AB's word is worth less than nothing. The people who said his chef wasn't credible because he was fired prior to the call out need to get off the fence.

Also further proof that Tampa Bay, like any org, can't be trusted to hold their players (or staff) accountable unless they get publicly called out.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Suspend that bitch the rest of the season

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I was the one beating the drum that it would be trivial for the NFL to verify a card, and it seems once they actually did they found some cheats. loving AB. :lol:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
League should investigate all of Tampa’s vaccine cards just to be sure

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

They should check everyone's cards and all league and team employees. C'mon, it'll be funny and ya know, safety and all that.

Nov 6, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

I was the one beating the drum that it would be trivial for the NFL to verify a card

What's the mechanism? None of these reports are clear. Did they actually look something up somewhere? Or did they just investigate the whistle blower and the details of the card he gave AB matched with what AB gave the team?

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I definitely thought the other name was Mike Evans at first and my eyes about popped out of my skull.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

They should check everyone's cards and all league and team employees. C'mon, it'll be funny and ya know, safety and all that.

I think if they seriously check the cards chaos would rein.

So they would never do it.

It would be funny however

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Tim Whatley posted:

Suspend that bitch the rest of the season

No clue why this wasn't the stance from the NFL from the start. If you gently caress around with vaccine cards and put others health at risk, you're done for the season.

Guessing they won't check the cards for everyone because they know it might end up with a few big-name white QBs getting the boot. Suspending AB and others is one thing, but they sure as poo poo don't want to be put in a position where they may have to suspend Rodgers or some other dipshit.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Pops Mgee posted:

Stop the steal! Audit every state!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pops Mgee posted:

All of the Buccs, or the whole city?

Better do the whole state, just to be sure!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Niwrad posted:

No clue why this wasn't the stance from the NFL from the start. If you gently caress around with vaccine cards and put others health at risk, you're done for the season.

Guessing they won't check the cards for everyone because they know it might end up with a few big-name white QBs getting the boot. Suspending AB and others is one thing, but they sure as poo poo don't want to be put in a position where they may have to suspend Rodgers or some other dipshit.

The dumbass antivax QBs are vocally so, they’re probably the least likely to fake one.

Nov 6, 2002

quote:

By way of background, vaccine cards are distributed by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and, therefore, contain the government seal. The use and forgery of the government seal makes forging a vaccine card illegal under federal law. Specifically, 18 U.S.C. Code § 1017, is clear that using/providing fake or forged vaccination documents, which use a government seal, including those of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HSS) and the CDC, is illegal, leaving the user open to a fine of $5,000 or up to five years imprisonment.

If ever the feds wanted to make an example of someone...

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing
Not sure how much each of AB’s game checks is worth but I’m guessing three of them amount to more than what he owed the ex-chef.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Nfl only ever cared to do enough security they thought would be adequate to placate the general public perception. Don't forget that bills or dolphins whatever practice tweet where they ran through a little mister and acted like that was a genuine safety deal.

The majority of the nfl almost certainly thinks it's just the flu.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

What's the mechanism? None of these reports are clear. Did they actually look something up somewhere? Or did they just investigate the whistle blower and the details of the card he gave AB matched with what AB gave the team?

Step 1 - get vax card and HIPAA release form from player.
Step 2 - contact shot locations listed, provide them with release, and verify that person received a shot from batch number on X date.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My vax out here just links to the govts contact tracing app. So everywhere has a qr code you scan when you enter a venue or whatever and the screen turns green to show I'm vax maxxed. How is your country still using cardboard to track this poo poo in tyool 2021?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

nuh uh I'm big vaccinated

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1466520441154068487

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

BlindSite posted:

My vax out here just links to the govts contact tracing app. So everywhere has a qr code you scan when you enter a venue or whatever and the screen turns green to show I'm vax maxxed. How is your country still using cardboard to track this poo poo in tyool 2021?

:911:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

BlindSite posted:

It's literally the same card they've used for more than a century for these situations. They used that instead of something reasonable because the Trump admin did not give a gently caress so the CDC defaulted to what they've used before.

Had we a government led by someone who cared when we started vaccinating people, they might have tried to implement something else. As for why we didn't change after Biden took office - institutional inertia is a hell of a thing.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

lol

“Actually you can’t suspend me because I’m putting myself on IR”

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
What’s amusing is he’s healing a sprained ankle/Achilles injury and wasn’t going to play the next two weeks anyway. And if that’s just a cover story well they laid the groundwork for a couple weeks and didn’t have him practice.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Suspend Tom Br*dy as well IMO. He’s clearly behind this all, just like 9/11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Sour Diesel posted:

Antonio Clown