Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I think it was SMG who said...

This is a great take...

This might be the first time this combination of statements has been made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I mean, it's not exactly a hard read on Twilight that it's about an incredibly mediocre teenage girl becoming the most important person in the world by virtue of cute boys liking her.

Pretty much most romantic genres get hosed up easily when the primary characters' actions are all justified by ~twu wuv~ and the author's obvious boner for their particular pairing and its associated dynamics overriding any reasonable moral and ethical issues.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I mean, it's not exactly a hard read on Twilight that it's about an incredibly mediocre teenage girl becoming the most important person in the world by virtue of cute boys liking her.

Pretty much most romantic genres get hosed up easily when the primary characters' actions are all justified by ~twu wuv~ and the author's obvious boner for their particular pairing and its associated dynamics overriding any reasonable moral and ethical issues.

Harley Quinn

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Hitmen for Destiny #304: Gnu and water buffalo A

===========================

Hitmen for Destiny #305: Gnu and water buffalo B

===========================

Hitmen for Destiny #306: Gnu and water buffalo C

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You have selected: Regicide! If you now the name of the king or queen being murdered, press one!

It is actually kinda cute that Lostclock is just genuinely fascinated with weird creatures, and tries to figure out how they work.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That horror moth has an appropriate name.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

God that's wholesome
That Bert & Ernie comic made my entire drat day. :3:

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You have selected: Regicide! If you now the name of the king or queen being murdered, press one!

It is actually kinda cute that Lostclock is just genuinely fascinated with weird creatures, and tries to figure out how they work.

I also like his irrational hatred of ghosts, with them not making evolutionary sense, and then here going "oh well it might be magical, then nothing needs to make sense"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Never change Lord Longnether.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Okay, dumb fake Italian ascents make me laugh every time :italy:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What a compelling story.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Does the Italy thing happen in Twilight

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Does the Italy thing happen in Twilight

It does!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lol, awesome

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Yessss, finally the continuation is here!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"black people shouldn't get paid" "that's ok because you can't discuss wages" absolutely slayed me

Ocean of Milk
Jun 25, 2018

oh yeah
Thinking about it, that's totally a gag that could come up in a 90s Dilbert, sans the "monstrously racist" remark.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
"I have no problem with them working. I just don't think they should get paid." was a good line. I don't really agree, but I had to laugh at that.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

the half-pasted-over disclaimer about Dilbert characters reappears (still in its mangled form) for the strip with Alice and then disappears for the next one :allears:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Pinocchio
Chapter 10:

The Marionettes recognize their brother Pinocchio, and greet him with loud cheers; but the puppeteer, Fire Eater, happens along and poor Pinocchio almost loses his life.

We are a little over a quarter done, but some chapters will probably be broken up into a couple of posts.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
gently caress, that wages thing is a good joke.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Fire-Eater is very relatable, imo

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I want Pinocchio to fall to ruin.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
Ultrafilter you have got to make a website for powerup. I know a bunch of people who would appreciate the crap out of your stuff but they're not going to search Twitter or come to this dead forum. Whip up a deliberately lovely WordPress site why don't you.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Thank you for making powerup comics ultrafilter!

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I think it was SMG who said that the Twilight series is an inverse slasher movie. An unstoppable teen girl relentlessly pursues a hapless monster.

This is a great take on the movies, but its important to remember that basically no one who enjoys Twilight outside of these dead gay forums will have any idea what you are talking about if you talk about the series in this kind of context. Most fans (and the author) think of the series as a fairly innocent/healthy supernatural romance.

There's a non zero chance C&S put this spin on the story trick me (and others) into reading it, which I admit would be pretty hilarious.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

it's not a particularly complicated read, just lengthy, and the weird thing about major cultural flashpoints is that they encourage you to check them out because they're popular... which further cements their ubiquity and "necessity" to read as part of a shared cultural lexicon

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
In pursuit of new friends, Potato neglected the one friend he always had...

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Fagtastic posted:

Ultrafilter you have got to make a website for powerup. I know a bunch of people who would appreciate the crap out of your stuff but they're not going to search Twitter or come to this dead forum. Whip up a deliberately lovely WordPress site why don't you.

There's an archive of Powerup, Abbeycourt Manor and Gamer Dilbert on The Duck, although they aren't kept up to date in real time but rather periodically updated. And also Ultrafilter is just posting Powerup, it's the similarly named Unwinder who makes them.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

We really need a Shadow smilie.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

same

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

fun fact: the source of this edit? Toby Fox's tumblr way back in the day

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yeetwhomp is a lol from me but he could also have farted while airborne to take it to the next lolvel.