Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

It makes sense that she gets the vibe but it doesn't bother her. It sells her closeness with and acceptance of Laudna for who she is more than not getting it at all.

Episode one has her admitting Laudna is Scary Scary so it's not like she doesn't see it. She just doesn't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Chiming in on the feat vs. stat increase talk, I feel like you could give players both a feat and an ABI increase every 4 levels and it wouldn't make the characters terribly overpowered. If you want to play it safe for combat, make those free feats non-combat only (Actor and such).

We gotta be getting Travis in the mix again this episode, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table. My heart wants to say he's coming in as one of Percy and Vex's kids, since I can only see that leading to lots of fun times. Percy the IV is of course the ideal, but I'd take any of those rascals really.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

NowonSA posted:

Chiming in on the feat vs. stat increase talk, I feel like you could give players both a feat and an ABI increase every 4 levels and it wouldn't make the characters terribly overpowered. If you want to play it safe for combat, make those free feats non-combat only (Actor and such).

We gotta be getting Travis in the mix again this episode, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table. My heart wants to say he's coming in as one of Percy and Vex's kids, since I can only see that leading to lots of fun times. Percy the IV is of course the ideal, but I'd take any of those rascals really.

It's been about 30+ years since the end of campaign 1-- I imagine they could do it. I know that campaign two had a "no direct connections" rule, but who knows if three has that.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Teddybear posted:

It's been about 30+ years since the end of campaign 1-- I imagine they could do it. I know that campaign two had a "no direct connections" rule, but who knows if three has that.

I would hazard not, given that Orym knows Keyleth and of VM, and Laudna’s from Whitestone at the very least. Depends on how direct they want to be with it, but I don’t think it’s as firm as it was for C2.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I really just want a few months of increasingly obvious references by NPCs to local figures who must be Travis, only to have it be Matt again... with a few "describe what [table]'s character sees" prompts as fakeouts with guest stars.

I would hazard a guess that if Travis is tied closely to C1, it probably overlaps with Legends in some way

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
My only hope is that Ashton remains the closest thing the party has to a rogue. The only things I know about DND mechanics come from this show and Google, I just think it would be funny.

Or that he's playing a werewolf. Pachydan werewolf rogue.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Agaragon posted:

My only hope is that Ashton remains the closest thing the party has to a rogue. The only things I know about DND mechanics come from this show and Google, I just think it would be funny.

Or that he's playing a werewolf. Pachydan werewolf rogue.

He wouldn't be a werewolf then; he'd be a Pachywolf or something, "were" being an old word for man. Or rather, the old word was "wer" from the latin "vir" for man, apparently. Latin also apparently pronounced v's with a w sound, so it'd be more like wir, which then became corrupted over time and served as the root form for the word describing a man wolf :eng101:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
:siren: Episode starts in 10 minutes :siren:

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I'm not placing any bets that we get Travis this episode. I certainly HOPE we do, but I could see him wanting to push it out some for the sheer unique flavor of it.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
and it begins now :siren:

YES HACKING AD IS BACK

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

:frogsiren: It's episode 6 time!!!!!! :frogsiren:

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

:siren:EPISODE BEGIN:siren:

NORDVERSE IS BACK

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Travis is DEAD

Oh wait Nordverse

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
A cross between Frankenfurter and a Blackberry Curve.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Is Travis playing as Dr. Disrespect this campaign?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
dear lord

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Robbie is a treasure and he must stay forever

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

using all the fancy new studio stuff for hacktovision

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
Critical Role is cool but I'm just here for the Nordverse.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Robbie's going to be around for a while, everyone.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
When are we getting the Nordverse Playbook, Matt?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

beautiful

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

He's twelve inches... tall

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The VA jokes always amuse me way more than they should.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
I... also have some notes.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

Robbie's going to be around for a while, everyone.

That was also what I took from that, and I’m excited by it.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Even Laura can't figure out why Laura is in charge of merch announcements

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I'd love to see your insides.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Extremely Mallory Rubin voice: Protect. Fearne.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

This group is going to start their own ingame d&d game.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

so.... what the gently caress is up with that

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Well it seems Matt and Taliesin have worked out the perfect way to make your players interrogate each other's backstories.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Hell yeah, aromantic Ashton

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

DarklyDreaming posted:

Well it seems Matt and Taliesin have worked out the perfect way to make your players interrogate each other's backstories.

I was going to say I hope this group is more open to telling their backstories, so this is just perfect

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Ashley is amazing at pretending to be bad at lying :allears:

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Fearne is literally a weird kleptomaniac dragon in disguise.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
"Friends of Orym"

Keru posted:

:aaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Keru posted:

Fearne's been caught stealing
Once when she was five
She enjoys stealing
Well it's, just a simple fact