Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Honestly it probably wouldn't be hard to make some extra cash buying "bricked" 700s and just repairing them on the TB site to flip them for around $100. There's so many "broken" 700s on ebay. Although none of them are as cheap as the auction you linked and I'm too lazy to bother probably haha.

I bought Gen2 700s for my PS4, most frustrating experience ever. Out of the box they worked once and wouldn't connect again after that, so I flashed them and again they worked once and never connected again. Not sure if that's an issue with the xbox compatible flavor, but it google makes it seem like it happens regularly with the PS ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Did they ever add actual game elements to Townscaper or is it still just a zen creative sandbox type thing?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

American McGay posted:

Did they ever add actual game elements to Townscaper or is it still just a zen creative sandbox type thing?

The latter

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its a zen landscaper game where I can't figure out how to make a statue in a garden

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

The only thing poorer in taste than a high fashion company collaborating with a video game manufacturer to make a $10,000 limited edition console

is this video

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol imagine just getting free $10,000 stuff just because you make a living shilling for Apple and Google products as your primary focus. I'll never understand Youtube content creation. I wish I could do this, not gonna lie, i'm a little envious here.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sounds good to me

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

I said come in! posted:

lol imagine just getting free $10,000 stuff just because you make a living shilling for Apple and Google products as your primary focus. I'll never understand Youtube content creation. I wish I could do this, not gonna lie, i'm a little envious here.

Come on, MKBHD is not an Apple or Google shill, that’s ridiculous.

It’s Microsoft he’s admitted to owning shares in.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I said come in! posted:

According to the video it sounds like he’s going to give it away, too.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Its always fun when MKBHD does gaming stuff since its obvious he's far outside of his wheelhouse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFz9afj8lu0

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

“fun”

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SpicyPete posted:

Its always fun when MKBHD does gaming stuff since its obvious he's far outside of his wheelhouse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFz9afj8lu0

Yeah I was going to say, I don't think he is really a gamer at all. It's not a hobby of his, and so it's always weird when he gets hooked up with all of this really expensive, impossible to obtain gaming tech for free. Someone at each of these companies, especially Microsoft, must have realized or looked at the metrics and saw that a huge portion of his viewer base though are gamers.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Nah, the funnest thing about MKBHD is that, prior to the new M1 Pro/Max MBPs, his travel computer for work was straight-up a fully-upgraded iMac.

Beep beep, video editor coming through!

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

i really kind of hate youtube.
All of this whole concept of "being an influencer" and poo poo really rubs me the wrong way.
Ive had to remove youtube accessibility from my kids' devices because they start imitating all these jackasses in the way they talk and act. They think everything has to be screamed and everything has to be a big showy ordeal. It's gross. I've stopped watching most of the people I had been watching on Youtube because everything they do is paid promotion for stupid poo poo.

disclaimer: I also hate christmas and im grinchy as gently caress but still. get off my lawn.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:kstare:

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

MKBHD and other youtube tech reviewers are fine jesus christ. They let you get a good look at the product and go over the features. If you want a hardcore teardown of Airpods or something I'm sure that's out there as well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Youtube in 2021 is 80 - 85% corporations and sponsorships now as the top Youtube pages. It sucks. The platform is a creativity graveyard now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

McGurk posted:

If you want a hardcore teardown of Airpods or something I'm sure that's out there as well.

88,100 results for this to be exact.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

McGurk posted:

MKBHD and other youtube tech reviewers are fine jesus christ. They let you get a good look at the product and go over the features. If you want a hardcore teardown of Airpods or something I'm sure that's out there as well.

Agreed, but if you distill the true purpose of this particular video, it's nothing good nor fine. He's showing off a $10,000 object of excess under the guise of "lol it's a $10,000 Xbox" for no other reason than to make money on advertising when people watch it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Who cares

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Influencers are like cyberbullying, just walk away from the screen. Like close your eyes haha

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Played a lot of halo today

The multiplayer is very fun. The progression system gets worse the more I play

I really hate the challenge swaps being consumable. Nothing like trying to get kills with a gun I hate across 3 different matches

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Here is a achievement walkthough of Townscaper in care you're having any trouble with any of the buildings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpHGZ9mqUqo

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Played a lot of halo today

The multiplayer is very fun. The progression system gets worse the more I play

I really hate the challenge swaps being consumable. Nothing like trying to get kills with a gun I hate across 3 different matches

Just ignore the challenge system

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

veni veni veni posted:

From a while back, but you are an absolute legend! . Got them in the mail today and had them fixed within 5 minutes of opening the box. They are even practically brand new. Just reflashed and they were good to go.

it's so weird that happened to be the headset in question, because the Gen 2 700s were the exact headset I was moping about not being able to use on Xbox. I'm pretty picky and they are the only cans I really like. Tbh I had resigned to the fact that eventually I'd probably just double down for a second pair down the road. I can't believe I got a pair of 150 dollar headphones for two dollars lol.

Honestly it probably wouldn't be hard to make some extra cash buying "bricked" 700s and just repairing them on the TB site to flip them for around $100. There's so many "broken" 700s on ebay. Although none of them are as cheap as the auction you linked and I'm too lazy to bother probably haha.

Thanks again you solved all of my headphone woes for almost free.

Awesome! I was about to hit you up to see if you got a pair so I could start looking for another. Didn't feel like we needed to be bidding against each other.

The Diddler posted:

I bought Gen2 700s for my PS4, most frustrating experience ever. Out of the box they worked once and wouldn't connect again after that, so I flashed them and again they worked once and never connected again. Not sure if that's an issue with the xbox compatible flavor, but it google makes it seem like it happens regularly with the PS ones.

The set I bought to use for parts is PS and since flashing they've been working fine (as bluetooth only headphones because they didn't come with the dongle & I don't own a PS4 so I can't test that). For whatever reason it just seems these headphones get corrupted firmware way easy.

highme fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 2, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

acksplode posted:

Influencers are like cyberbullying, just walk away from the screen. Like close your eyes haha

i was psyberbullied and therefor i must psyberbully

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Why anyone uses Turtle Beach poo poo when there is a sea of quality alternatives, I do not understand.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
there is so much games I want to check out every single week what the gently caress microsoft why are you doing this to me

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Spent two hours cutting grass thank you Phil

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Laserface posted:

Why anyone uses Turtle Beach poo poo when there is a sea of quality alternatives, I do not understand.

Because they sound better than the alternatives and are comfortable.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MikeRabsitch posted:

there is so much games I want to check out every single week what the gently caress microsoft why are you doing this to me

I don't have a back log of games as much as I'm Lucile Ball in that scene with the conveyor belt.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lammasu posted:

Here is a achievement walkthough of Townscaper in care you're having any trouble with any of the buildings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpHGZ9mqUqo

Never in a million years would have figured out the propeller

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I played a few hours of Generation Zero and it seems ok so far. I can see it getting really boring but it's fine as a gamepass game. I like the setting but the world feels so empty without any NPCs, reminds me of Fallout 76 when it first launched. The world itself reminds me of Vigor, which was fun in short bursts.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

veni veni veni posted:

Because they sound better than the alternatives and are comfortable.

I can’t comment on the sound really as I have potato ears from decades of live shows doing their damage. But when I bought my 700s TB were the only true “wireless” Xbox option. I’d already hosed up an Elite controller because I kept forgetting it was connected to my Astro headphones (that I loved). On top of that I spent the extra $50 on the 700s over the 600s because they were just black and silver and didn’t have some gross neon green accents. I hate platform specific branding and the simple fact the 700s are just black headphones was preferred.

I have been using the MS headphones for 2 weeks now. They’re not as comfy, the sound is comparable, but the mute mechanism is clunky and that’s enough for me to return them (once I have acquired some
bricked 700s).

highme fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Dec 3, 2021

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Zentown townscraper is such a relaxing little toy. Just plop those little building blocks and see what comes out...

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
As an Xbox Game pass subscriber, is there a way that I can be emailed when there's a new game available? I know I can see under "Recently Added" in the Windows App but is there a better way?

Also, I just learned that as an Ultimate subscriber, I can play games on my phone? What games do you guys recommend for this since I'm assuming you can't play all of them, especially the intensive ones.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Busy Bee posted:

As an Xbox Game pass subscriber, is there a way that I can be emailed when there's a new game available? I know I can see under "Recently Added" in the Windows App but is there a better way?

Also, I just learned that as an Ultimate subscriber, I can play games on my phone? What games do you guys recommend for this since I'm assuming you can't play all of them, especially the intensive ones.

They announced first week and third week of the month new titles for the next two week period.

A lot more games than you might expect are cloud based, including Gears, Halo, Forza. The cloud can be done on phones, PC and Bones

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Busy Bee posted:

If you get the app on your phone, it notifies you about new games.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Busy Bee posted:

I get twice-monthly emails directly from MS about what’s coming and going in the next two weeks, maybe check your subscription settings?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Busy Bee posted:

A lot of games are cloud enabled. I got a controller adapter/holder for my phone and it works pretty well, but most days I'm around my console so I don't use it a ton. I'm surprised at how good the latency usually is but things that don't require precise reactions are the safest bets. Turn-based stuff like Slay the Spire or Yakuza 7 were good ones I did recently, or something like Unpacking.