Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

IMDB shows us getting 2 new episodes a week for Always Sunny, at least for the next 3 weeks, but I assume they would do it for the whole 8 episode season...

My media collector is showing the broadcast schedule as 2 eps tonight, the 8th, the 15th and the 22nd. I guess part of why they signed on for 3 or 4 more seasons is they're only cranking out 4 hours a year. I do wonder why they're doubling up like this to cram everything into one month. Unless...

REVERSAL OF FORTUNE Sunny seasons are short and get blasted out in 4 weeks but one gets released every 4 months :getin:

Ratjaculation posted:

Just remembered ocular patdowns

Is Mac still bar security even? I feel like the last few seasons they've abandoned even pretending to have actual jobs and just plop the characters down in whatever wacky situation they came up with that week. Not necessarily a bad thing, and unless they're going to actually do something with their job (like using Mac to make fun of hypermasculine TapOut dudebros) there isn't really any benefit to showing them sweeping up or doing inventory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Takes No Damage posted:

Is Mac still bar security even?

Was he ever really, or did he just decide he was because he's so jacked and intimidating?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
To be fair I imagine that's how most small local bar security works IRL...

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Takes No Damage posted:

My media collector is showing the broadcast schedule as 2 eps tonight, the 8th, the 15th and the 22nd. I guess part of why they signed on for 3 or 4 more seasons is they're only cranking out 4 hours a year. I do wonder why they're doubling up like this to cram everything into one month. Unless...

REVERSAL OF FORTUNE Sunny seasons are short and get blasted out in 4 weeks but one gets released every 4 months :getin:

I assume the shortened season is still just the effects from Covid and also maybe they blew their budget going to Ireland, which is apparently the entire last 4 episodes of the season...

As far as pumping out the episodes... I'm sure it has a lot to do with FXX being pretty poo poo at the moment without much programming that's not what people can just watch on a streaming platform...

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Happy they're doubling up. I'd be fine with just dumping them all at once. Sad there's only 8, tho.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

They have always had short seasons. I’m sure FX would throw anything they ask at them to make more but they choose not to.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
I usually buy this on Amazon so that I can get episode's immediately but I don't see it up there. Is there a legal way to watch it tonight?

Note: I have Hulu, but that's not for tonight. And my main TV device is an xbone.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
I am so ready for new Sunny

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

The Sean posted:

I usually buy this on Amazon so that I can get episode's immediately but I don't see it up there. Is there a legal way to watch it tonight?

Note: I have Hulu, but that's not for tonight. And my main TV device is an xbone.

Either Hulu Live or YouTube Live. Use a free trial of one of them and I think they both offer a free month. Since it’s a double episode a week season they should be done in a month.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

The Whole Gang Gets Audited

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

tour the Mac and Dennis country act imo

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
First act was good.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

I feel spoiled getting two episodes.

EDIT: :lol: at Dennis taking the moral high ground over Cosby, Polanski and Woody Allen.

Macrame_God fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Dec 2, 2021

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Holy poo poo, Pepper Jack.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

I cant believe they finally brought back Pepper Jack

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

gonna need to see an end to the Fraggle Rock thermos arc

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

hughesta posted:

I cant believe they finally brought back Pepper Jack

He hasn't been on the show in, what, over ten years?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
They are the perfect characters to do this bad lethal weapon

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Well. That’s apt.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I hated most of last season but the premise of the lethal weapon episode is loving gold

Oh wow you can literally say anything on fxx

Ghislaine of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Dec 2, 2021

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I thought those were both pretty good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo both episodes were fantastic. The bunched up shadowed edges of the green screen was a delightful touch :allears:

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long
Ha ha Pepperjack and Don Cheadle both brought back. Enjoyed both of those especially the second one.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
The way Dennis says "I'm 26" was perfect.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Solid first two episodes.

The modern forest gump is a lot of fun for the first one (and its good they call it out too!). Its also got some classic Sunny schemes which are always ridiculous.

I like how they handled the woke humor aspect a lot in the second episode. The gang is unable to successfully adapt to the new culture not because the culture is wrong, but because the gang are just terrible people. This is of course in contrast to the actual show creators who made a funny episode while acknowledging all this. The episode also features a return of some classic Dennis.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ithle01
May 28, 2013
I thought they were a bit okay-ish as episodes, but Charlie and Glenn got some killer lines in so overall I liked it. The part about Charlie pitching animals as the villain in Lethal Weapon 7 was easily my favorite.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

dorium posted:

Either Hulu Live or YouTube Live. Use a free trial of one of them and I think they both offer a free month. Since it’s a double episode a week season they should be done in a month.

Thank you. My partner made a Hulu Live trial. On the plus, we were able to watch it, so complete thanks.

Outside of that, Hulu Live was only a 1 week trial and it still made me watch commercials. I cut cable out a decade ago and currently have Hulu without ads myself. It was so mindnumbing that even if it were a month I'd just wait until Thursday for the remaining episodes.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

it's interesting they went in a direction of "you can't make fun of anything" which is similar to the newest south park special with jimmy's jokes. i know that doesn't always land for people who disagree, but i think it's hilarious. the gang outright stating that nobody today wants to actually have a dialogue and they just want their opinions regurgitated back to them is pretty in-line with my personal experience as a 30-something dude with whacky friends on both sides.

pepper jack returning is triumphant. long live sunny.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Absolutely loving amazing that Pepper Jack still has the Fraggle Rock thermos :allears:

Also I loved the line "The only black people we know are bridge people and pimps, and that says a lot more about us than it does them."

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I thought that the overall point of the episode was less you can't make fun of anything and more you can't replace artistic merit with virtue signaling, I didn't feel like the show was really apologetic about the removed episodes, which were already commentary about blackface in media, this one was about how it's not enough just not to do blackface and cast POCs, you can do all those things and still be a bigot.

Or idk, I watched it once.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
During the whole Lethal Weapon episode I had my fingers crossed that they'd bring back Malcolm Barrett (who played Dee's actor friend) from the first episode.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Finger on the pulse
Finger on the puss

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

PizzaProwler posted:

During the whole Lethal Weapon episode I had my fingers crossed that they'd bring back Malcolm Barrett (who played Dee's actor friend) from the first episode.

That crossed my mind, as well.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
While I think they are obviously poking at the whole Twitter world and its reactionary tendencies, we cannot forget that the gang are awful people and fairly incompetent at most of their schemes (see all the bad green screen, acting and the whole describing the drive bit). So when the gang thinks they cannot make anything good without offending people, its mostly just because its them. Which turns out to be funny for us.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Eddie Mekka died, which lead to a chain of events that made me remember this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHqzTZp7kuU

Frank's slow-motion sideeye is loving incredible.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
As soon as Dennis described himself as being woke, I was like "oh, he's trying to bang somebody"

Also, I wasn't sure what the political/social position the third girl was supposed to represent.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Small White Dragon posted:

As soon as Dennis described himself as being woke, I was like "oh, he's trying to bang somebody"

Also, I wasn't sure what the political/social position the third girl was supposed to represent.

At that point Dennis had stopped caring/taking notice. He thought he could feign interest in the left and then the right in order to get laid (kind of like the whole abortion issue from waaaay back near the start of the series) and then realized all he had to do was regurgitate what was being said, at which point he stopped paying attention to what their political leanings even were, since really all he ever wanted from them in the first place was to use them for sex.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Jerusalem posted:

all he ever wanted from them in the first place was to use them for sex.

26 year olds, am I right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just so we're all clear, they sprung for a Rolling Stones song to play over a montage of Frank dying old men's hair and it wasn't Paint It Black? Is that what we're going with?