Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mr. Grapes! posted:

You'll never succeed in an admin job. We have school meetings over Zoom (Covid). You must use your school email to log in to Zoom.

After the meeting, the admins take attendance to show who sat through 90 minutes of crap during their lunch that should have been an email. Now, Zoom has a recording function, and also it checks our emails. Surely that's a good way to check attendance (which is loving worthless in itself).

No. It is not.

We have highly paid attendance checkers. They have devised a QR code. They display the QR code on Zoom, and then you use your phone to scan the QR code, which provides you a link to a google doc. You go into the google doc and enter one of the 40 passwords we have to remember (which must be changed every month by school decree) to show that you went into a meeting. No, they cannot copy-paste the Google Docs link into the meeting chat, the admins worked very hard on this QR code, isn't it cool and high tech?

DUDE! You just reminded me that one time downtown reset everyone's passwords on like a Tuesday evening when everyone had to give standardized tests on Wednesday. It was absolute mayhem. I loved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Cowslips Warren posted:

I have no clue. After I blew up on him, he uttered the best words ever to say in an argument: Calm down.

He did admit he "almost had them sold" on getting a cat. He was surprised when I reminded him one cat has a heart defect, so, you know, not adoptable outside the rescue.

I am still levels of WTF about this all.

Totally normal reaction to somebody asking to see pictures of your cats.

Isn't the most likely scenario that your friend said something like "Oh cats are great you should definitely get one, my friend Cowslips Warren has the cutest little guys, here look..."?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Escape Goat posted:

ESH + YTA for being weirdly passive and roundabout instead of just saying "I'm not going to work on the weekend"

Nope, NTA. The OP is very carefully deflecting unreasonable requests while offering perfectly reasonable alternatives, like the 3 weeks notice in advance for weekend work or calling out the use of their personal cell instead of their work cell to get in touch with them on short notice - the "1 business day" but is pure gold in this category. An obviously petty manager has absolutely zero recourse against an employee doing this, and that's the point. Nothing OP does can get them legitimately fired for cause. In the long term all that's going to get them is winning the challenge to their unemployment claim, but it's the good fight and more power to them.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with making poo poo up when people don't respect your time. We were a subcontractor on a project and we were waiting for the customer to figure out when they wanted their weekend long upgrade scheduled. The prime casually mentioned the upgrade being "this weekend" in an email sent on a Wednesday afternoon. Apparently they scheduled it with the customer and never told us! So I replied back letting them know no one ran this date past me and I was unavailable.

The prime freaked out and emailed our COO because the customer thinks it's happening in two days. He ends up calling me. I tell him I have plans. He goes back to them and relays that I am unavailable. They offer to pay $5k if I can make myself available. COO offers to give me half of that if I can make myself available. Sure. So I cancel my nonexistent plans and made $2500 to do what I would have ended up doing at no additional cost had I been given advance notice.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for telling my baby's mother she only breastfeeds to keep me from having visitation

quote:

My ex and I have a baby who is almost 3 months. I come and visit her at my ex's home for 3 hours at a time once or twice a week. I've been itching to get alone time with the baby so we can bond better, but she breastfeeds only, won't take a bottle and won't take formula. I've tried numerous times to get baby to eat the bottle so I can have visits at my place with her but she just screams. All through her pregnancy my ex said she might try breastfeeding but wasn't sure. Then covid got bad again and because of her job (she's a nurse) she freaked out and wanted baby to have antibodies since she's vaccinated and has also had covid before.

Right now the baby won't smile at me like she does for her Mom-in fact over the last few visits as soon as I hold her it's instant waterworks. My ex tries to stay out of our way or only come out of her room when the baby is hungry but that doesn't make any difference. Out of frustration I handed the baby back to my ex and raised my voice a bit, saying basically that our current arrangement isn't working and I want my visits with the baby at my place. My ex asked how that would even work since she won't eat from me and I said to her "we both know you only breastfed to keep me from her in the first place, she'll figure it out". Part of the frustration also comes from the fact that none of my family has met my child yet-my ex offered to host them in her home but my Mom is a homebody and won't drive there in addition to them living an hour away. My ex started crying after I said that and told me she refuses to let our baby starve for my "fragile ego" and I'll have to fight her in court, which she was trying to avoid for the sake of the baby.

Part of why I think I'm the rear end in a top hat is because if the baby truly won't eat for me she'll be miserable. But everyone in my family reassures me that if she gets hungry enough she'll eat, and I'm convinced my ex breastfed in the first place to make visitsharder for me. So AITA?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

GI_Clutch posted:

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with making poo poo up when people don't respect your time. We were a subcontractor on a project and we were waiting for the customer to figure out when they wanted their weekend long upgrade scheduled. The prime casually mentioned the upgrade being "this weekend" in an email sent on a Wednesday afternoon. Apparently they scheduled it with the customer and never told us! So I replied back letting them know no one ran this date past me and I was unavailable.

The prime freaked out and emailed our COO because the customer thinks it's happening in two days. He ends up calling me. I tell him I have plans. He goes back to them and relays that I am unavailable. They offer to pay $5k if I can make myself available. COO offers to give me half of that if I can make myself available. Sure. So I cancel my nonexistent plans and made $2500 to do what I would have ended up doing at no additional cost had I been given advance notice.
Anyone who says setting up a firm boundary with your time off of work and/or straight up lying has yet to realize just how much power it actually gives you. The instant you turn a work relationship transparent with your personal life, you can and will be manipulated into bullshit. Keep it as opaque as possible, only share what's needed, and straight-up lie to keep those boundaries in place. Regardless of whether or not you agree with mercenary capitalism it is 100% the system we were all born into and stuck with, so play by those rules or get hosed with.

mind the walrus fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 3, 2021

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for telling my baby's mother she only breastfeeds to keep me from having visitation

holy poo poo lol the brain on this one

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

the holy poopacy posted:

r/relationships: Hind site is AWESOME
*Goes to Google*
https://www.businessinsider.com/marine-corps-looking-for-russian-mi-24-hind-mi-17-hip-helicopters-2018-5

(Way at the bottom of the article)
There are currently at least two Mi-24 Hind attack helicopters privately owned in the US by the Lancaster Air Museum in Lancaster, Texas. The aircraft fly frequently at events and airshows around the country.

The Hind site is Lancaster Air Museum which is probably an AWESOME place.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

thunderspanks posted:

AITA For buying clothes from charity shops and selling them for more that I bought them for?

Dunno why the ladies decided to be Jr. Detectives about this. Why do they care what happens as long as the clothes are bought?

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
The charity store should be selling at least some of it's valuable stuff in order to bring in more money for more stuff to help people! That's on them, though. Also the person says that they need money themselves! NTA

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

The point of charity shops / secondhand stores is affordable items for people who don't have the means to buy brand new items.

It is a trend on tiktok and other sites to buy from second hands stores and resell online for maximum prices. Taking resources away from poor people is bad. The charity store people are right to do this. They don't and can't know about the OP's backstory. All they know is that this is another person appropriating resources intended for poor people.

LRADIKAL is right in that the charity store should be selling some brand name items for higher prices, but there's no info about how that business works so who knows if they are or aren't already doing that.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for changing my Netflix password?

quote:

My sister asked for my Netflix account a few months ago and I though it was for her, but then I found out a few days later that it was for her bf to use (she uses her other friend's account). This was fine, I never asked him to pay because it wasn't a big deal, he used his own profile.

A few days ago we were all having a family dinner at her house and she started making fun of me for my preferences and calling me stupid for watching "stupid" shows. I asked her how she even knew what shows I watched and she admitted to using her boyfriend's account to snoop through my account. I told her this was not okay and I don't want her going through my preferences and then going so far as making fun of me for it, and I changed the password to the account.

She called me yesterday, yelling about how I had no right to do that and calling me a bitch. Now admittedly I do feel a little bad because her boyfriend technically didn't do anything wrong. Does changing the password make me the rear end in a top hat?

dog why would somebody calling you a bitch make you more likely to help them
you buffoon

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

value-brand cereal posted:

The point of charity shops / secondhand stores is affordable items for people who don't have the means to buy brand new items.

It is a trend on tiktok and other sites to buy from second hands stores and resell online for maximum prices. Taking resources away from poor people is bad. The charity store people are right to do this. They don't and can't know about the OP's backstory. All they know is that this is another person appropriating resources intended for poor people.

LRADIKAL is right in that the charity store should be selling some brand name items for higher prices, but there's no info about how that business works so who knows if they are or aren't already doing that.

If people who were going to buy the items and wear them directly had bought them, would any more money have gone to charity, or would the items been more worn?
Seems like the ethical outcome here would be the OP partnering with the resale shops to get the most money funneled to good places and improve their own situation, since OP has the skills to do that. If the shops want to take their ball and go home because someone produced more money from the second hand items than they were able to (although they still got what they were asking for them), seems like that's on them. OP wasn't buying out their entire inventory and flipping it, depriving the locals of affordable clothing.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for being mad at my girlfriend for ruining our anniversary and taking away her present?

quote:

This is a throwaway account.

Me (22m) and my girlfriend (22f) had our anniversary 2 days ago. We decided to exchange gifts. My girlfriend likes to do stuff with her hair so I got her a pair of hair cutting scissors.

When it came the time to celebrate I gave her the scissors. When I unwrapped the present from her it was a handmade album with pictures and memories from our relationship. It was obvious how much time she spent making the scrapbook. I immediately felt bad that her gift is much better than what I gave her. I got mad and took the scissors away and said that her gift is better so I’m not giving her the scissors. She said that she likes my gift very much and she wants to keep the scissors. I refused but she kept pushing me, so I left the room and told her that I need a moment for myself.

After a while she came to me and wanted to talk. She kept persisting that my gift was nice and she still wanted the scissors. At this point I got furious because it was obvious that she was saying it out of pity. She also didn’t respect my need to have a moment alone. She honestly just made the whole thing worse. I told her that the anniversary is ruined and told her to leave me alone and she did.

I realize that my gift wasn’t that great but I’m a med student so I didn’t have much time to pick out something else because I was busy... However I feel like her pushing me to talk just made the whole thing worse. So... am I the rear end in a top hat?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Many of these stores exist to raise revenue, not specifically to serve poor customers, and don't want that notion to drive away customers.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Halloween Jack posted:

Many of these stores exist to raise revenue, not specifically to serve poor customers, and don't want that notion to drive away customers.

Yeah, Ive never seen one of these genuinely trying to help poor customers so much as making money off of rich people thinking they're helping poor people

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Silly Newbie posted:

If the shops want to take their ball and go home because someone produced more money from the second hand items than they were able to (although they still got what they were asking for them), seems like that's on them. OP wasn't buying out their entire inventory and flipping it, depriving the locals of affordable clothing.

You seemed to have missed the whole point of the post. Some charity shops aren't raising money for charity, they're attempting to directly serve people. OP is literally denying those clothes to the people the charity is trying to serve by flipping them. The shops aren't trying to maximize profit, I know the concept can be hard for some people to understand, they're trying to clothe people who have difficulty affording clothing.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for being mad at my girlfriend for ruining our anniversary and taking away her present?

babies aren't allowed in medical school, i think the ages are wrong

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

MisterOblivious posted:

You seemed to have missed the whole point of the post. Some charity shops aren't raising money for charity, they're attempting to directly serve people. OP is literally denying those clothes to the people the charity is trying to serve by flipping them. The shops aren't trying to maximize profit, I know the concept can be hard for some people to understand, they're trying to clothe people who have difficulty affording clothing.

I feel like this might be a post-username gimmick I'm missing, but do you have anything from the text to support your theory that the OP was patronizing one of these stores, and also that they purchased enough clothes to impact the target community if that was the case?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Most op shops I've seen have got absolutely no shortage of stock.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Silly Newbie posted:

I feel like this might be a post-username gimmick I'm missing, but do you have anything from the text to support your theory that the OP was patronizing one of these stores, and also that they purchased enough clothes to impact the target community if that was the case?

Have you ever patronized one of the stores that's attempting to directly help people rather than a store that's "raising money" for some hand-wavy "charity" purpose? Flipper shitheads found out about one of my regular shops and prices skyrocketed. It's the kind of place that gives away bread daily and bags of groceries every Saturday. Some of the prices on goods have increased over 1000%. There are literally phone apps to scan bar codes to figure out if something is worth flipping.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Barudak posted:

Yeah, Ive never seen one of these genuinely trying to help poor customers so much as making money off of rich people thinking they're helping poor people

Depends on the shop. In the small town I grew up in we knew the folks running the local thrift shop and it was pretty much "someone else in town might find this useful" with prices just to keep the place running. The Habitat place next town over was great as well, though I don't know if they're good folks nationally or it differs from venue to venue. Lots of ranchers and such in the area and it was a great place to look for scrap lumber of the odd home kludge repair doodad. In contrast, Goodwill? Garbage.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

MisterOblivious posted:

Have you ever patronized one of the stores that's attempting to directly help people rather than a store that's "raising money" for some hand-wavy "charity" purpose? Flipper shitheads found out about one of my regular shops and prices skyrocketed. It's the kind of place that gives away bread daily and bags of groceries every Saturday. Some of the prices on goods have increased over 1000%. There are literally phone apps to scan bar codes to figure out if something is worth flipping.

Ok, so...do you think OP was patronizing one of these shops or not? Doesn't seem like they had an effect on price if they did.
Is this just a thing that hits too close to home and you're responding based on your lived experience rather than anything in the story in the r/relationships something awful thread?

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Silly Newbie posted:

Ok, so...do you think OP was patronizing one of these shops or not?

Yes, that's why they were banned.

All of the shops called around to similar shops to have them banned.

You don't get banned from a commercial shop like Goodwill: they already run their own online auction site to sell valuables.

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Dec 3, 2021

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Wearing a kill all landlords t-shirt as i buy all the nicest looking clothes at a charity shop to sell online at 500% markup.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I work with a lot of charity shops - several thousand, over the past few years. This issue is a common bone of contention for people who work or volunteer, because they’ve got the wrong end of the stick with regard to the point of charity shops. They are there to sell the goods, to make money for the charity that can then be used elsewhere. If you don’t like someone flipping your stuff online, then you should set up to sell it online directly yourself. Many if not most charity shops now do this, or are moving towards it.

If the idea is to provide low-cost goods into a deprived area, a charity shop is not a good way of doing it except in very particular circumstances (generally very high volumes of low-value goods). Deliberately depressing your prices to serve the community will just be exploited, in one way or another.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
"The only ethical capitalism is *my* capitalism. gently caress altruism."

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
Is this a UK vs US thing? In the UK, a charity shop is a store set up by a charity like Cancer Research, British heart foundation or Oxfam, with the explicit goal of raising money for those charities. They are not there to serve communities with cheap clothing, in fact many dying high streets out in the districts of my town have *too many* charity shops because other bricks and mortar retail is dying, and they also often end up with a huge excess of stock. Skimming the "good poo poo" off the top, buying it cheap and selling high is win-win: the charity gets the money they would have anyway, the person flipping them gets to have a small business they enjoy, and the final buyer gets the clothes they want without buying new and contributing to manufacturer demand. Charity shops can and do employ volunteers who know their poo poo and price luxury goods at more realistic prices, either in store or online

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Yes, its a us thing were talking about. Im not sure if that op was from a different country. In the end, lol she has bitten the hand that fed? Maybe she can try her hand at shoplifting next. Much better cost / profit ratio.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Evil Willow posted:

Dear Reddit, I just couldn't stop repeatedly shooting myself in the balls,

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Evil Willow posted:

Love that "ruined our anniversary" means "gave me a nice thoughtful present and caused me to implode"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Similar to and often comorbid with 'everyone must follow my script' narcissist brain, there's also the idea that every single encounter is a contest that must be 'won', that there's always a winner and loser and you can't ever be the loser. This is where gifts become acts of aggression, because everything is an act of aggression, and apologies are constantly demanded and never given as displays of contrition and weakness.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Similar to and often comorbid with 'everyone must follow my script' narcissist brain, there's also the idea that every single encounter is a contest that must be 'won', that there's always a winner and loser and you can't ever be the loser. This is where gifts become acts of aggression, because everything is an act of aggression, and apologies are constantly demanded and never given as displays of contrition and weakness.

All contest must be won on the day too! None of this I'll get you something really special next time that will make it up to you crap for these modern day supermen.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

That’s my brother. Gift too good, kick off because you’re making him look bad. Gift not good enough, kick off because you’re selfish. Get him exactly what he wants, you’ve not put any thought in. Get him a nice surprise, you didn’t listen to him and got him something stupid. Then whatever you got him, he’d destroy it in a fit of pique within about a fortnight. I was maybe 13 when I realised getting him nothing saves money/time and results in exactly the same experience, so gently caress it. Unfortunately it took another twenty years before I realised I could simply never see him or speak to him ever again.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Ghost Leviathan posted:

As an aside:
This is why I finally bailed on USPOL because this is exactly what it's turned into. Just turn "gifts" into "any disagreements".

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
My family never really did gifts, not just because we were poor but because my dad was a fucker and would have regular holiday meltdowns. So as an adult I have no concept of normally giving gifts and no skill at it. I do some gifts for people I like and I've gotten a lot better at it but I still don't do any trees or decorating because it was normal to me to not do those things. My dad was really a dick about holidays for someone who never had to hang any lights or do any decorations or any family visits or anything, really but his regular life. It's almost funny now.

I miss my best friend's family. I'd go over and there'd be tons of people, tons of food, me and her would get high and cook at like 3am, then help wrap her nieces and nephews gifts with her mom and pass out after dinner. We'd leave with random plastic tubs full of food. God, I wish she was still alive. I'm spending this Christmas dog-sitting by myself, no contact with family because they suck.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

AITA for insisting to invite someone to the wedding when my fiancée is against it???

quote:

I'm 26m and my fiancée who I'm getting married to in few months is also 26f.

I started dating my fiancée 4 years ago and we got engaged last year.

Before I met my fiancée I was friends with one girl since we were 16 years old. We weren't that close but we were good friends. I went nc with that girl after she had cursed out my fiancée multiple times and when she was acting jealous over the fact that I have a relationship and I'm going on dates with my partner. She was getting really exhausting and I felt suffocated by her. After she spoke some very horrible words to my fiancée I cut her off. That was almost 2.5/3 years ago.

Now this girl started dating my cousin 3 months ago. My cousin will be invited to the wedding and although I'm not that thrilled about it, that girl will be his plus one.

My fiancée is totally against it because that girl has treated her horribly and she doesn't want her at the wedding because she believes she's the kind of person to make the wedding about herself. She's not totally wrong, that girl is extremely weird and is capable of pulling a stunt to get all eyes on her whether it's negative attention or positive attention. I get why my fiancée is worried but I don't want to tell my cousin to not bring his plus one who's his gf.

My fiancée seems to try to accept it but I can't help but feel like TA for insisting to invite that girl when my fiancée has valid concerns to not want her there.

"I fully expect this woman to ruin my wedding because she hates my fiancée but it would be so awkward to tell my cousin not to bring her, what can ya do"

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

haveblue posted:

I have only one question about patriarch dude- what kind of house did his father-in-law own that could host 26 people for 5 days? Did he let them all live in spare bedrooms in his hotel-sized megamansion, or did he just throw 5 big parties in a row, which is also kinda insane?
I assume it's like the MacAllisters in Home Alone - the whole extended family flies to France for Christmas. And it seems like their own home could house a shitload of people.

Mx. posted:

AITA for putting up my Christmas lights early even though the HOA that I’m not a part of says it violates the rules and upsets the people in the HOA
Man, it's my dream to own a house surrounded by people in a HOA (keeping my ~property prices~ up) but not being beholden to it (so I can actually live in a house I own, however I want)

Fatkraken posted:

Is this a UK vs US thing? In the UK, a charity shop is a store set up by a charity like Cancer Research, British heart foundation or Oxfam, with the explicit goal of raising money for those charities. They are not there to serve communities with cheap clothing, in fact many dying high streets out in the districts of my town have *too many* charity shops because other bricks and mortar retail is dying, and they also often end up with a huge excess of stock. Skimming the "good poo poo" off the top, buying it cheap and selling high is win-win: the charity gets the money they would have anyway, the person flipping them gets to have a small business they enjoy, and the final buyer gets the clothes they want without buying new and contributing to manufacturer demand. Charity shops can and do employ volunteers who know their poo poo and price luxury goods at more realistic prices, either in store or online
Yeah, where I live, the Op Shops are selling goods for anyone and the majority of them then spend that money to actually help the needy. Maybe because medical bills don't bankrupt us? :shrug:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
how dare this woman flip stuff from the charity shop as a last resort to keep the electric and water on, doesn't she know those clothes are for those in need???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
The last charity ship has it right - anything that keeps money flowing to them is good. That woman who is reselling is putting in work both going out to select and curate her goods, then taking time to photograph and individually list them for sale on clunky-rear end websites, and likely isn't even making minimum wage back for that effort when you look at how much time all that takes. Plus then other people have access to cool stuff at a discounted price and don't have to search through bins of crap themselves to find it. It's a real common thing folks do on the net and honestly if you're a charity shop you want those Etsy and eBay seller folks to come in bc they're your regular income.