Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Please provide material for avatar text. All submissions will be considered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagacity
May 2, 2003
Hopefully my epitaph will be funnier than my custom title.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

"What is a brain to do?"

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Niles, prepare the dinner table. Tonight we dine on turtle soup!

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

"The Cranes of Maine have got your Living Brain!"

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

"are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?"

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
People so mean to Daphne ITT :smith:

Jane Leeves has great timing and delivery and I love Daphne! It's not her fault she got the short end of the writing stick in many ways.

Also, Peri Gilpin can step on me :swoon:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Jane Leeves has great timing and delivery and I love Daphne! It's not her fault she got the short end of the writing stick in many ways.

Also, Peri Gilpin can step on me :swoon:

Unfortunately common with female characters in particular in 90s shows. Jadzia Dax anyone?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Well, it is a brain set in the stomach of what appears to be a bear.

Snugglecakes
Dec 29, 2008

:h: :glomp: :h:

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Not since Quasimodo strolled the streets of medieval Paris have so many people uttered the phrase, "That poor man."

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Shredder! This obscene dimensional viewscreen is *ruining* the ambiance of my Technodrome!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Unfortunately common with female characters in particular in 90s shows. Jadzia Dax anyone?

Oh, I love Jadzia! Just not in her first and last seasons.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
Man how many war crimes is Marty responsible for anyway

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Literally anybody could have played Daphne, she was the weakest link by a country mile.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
:discourse:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That reminds me of the time me nan was hangin er bloomers out and the mailman caught a look and said "AND I THOUGHT I 'AD TO HANDLE WITH CARE"

*uproarious laughter as Daphne scoots into another room

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Literally anybody could have played Daphne, she was the weakest link by a country mile.

Also they should never have said "she's from Manchester" and then proceed to have her played by a lady who couldn't do a Mancunian accent to save her goddamn life, and with family members whose own accents were like a migraine-inducing tour of the British Isles

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Watched A Lilith Thanksgiving and now The Apparent Trap.

Kinda funny how the two Thanksgiving-themed episodes feature Lilith.

I love Frasier

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Lilith is somehow the best character in both Cheers and Frasier.

Though that could just be my ongoing crush on Bebe Neuwirth talking.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Finally caught up with the thread.

"something something, buttons and bows!"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Laterite posted:

Watched A Lilith Thanksgiving and now The Apparent Trap.

Kinda funny how the two Thanksgiving-themed episodes feature Lilith.

I love Frasier

Dealing with the awkward ex is extremely Thanksgiving

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

HD DAD posted:

The episode where Lilith and Niles hook up :allears:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Oh my God!

OH, MY GODDESS!

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Yes, but...food. In the bathroom?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
Apologies if this has been posted before, but it’s new to me.

https://youtu.be/mNwj_n7ElQw

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Frasier was on the front page of the Seattle Times for patronizing a prostitute. And yet he continues to plow.

Fuckin baller

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

New favorite game: my wife and I place wagers on what Frasier says to close the song out

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF

"Let's all go to a taco show!"

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

HD DAD posted:

Not to be a grosso but I get it, she was hilarious, talented and a goddamn smokeshow

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Not to be a grosso but I get it, she was hilarious, talented and a goddamn smokeshow

Probably also helps that she's an occasional guest in Frasier, so she only shows up when they have an idea.

I love the episode where the private school principal lets Freddie in on condition that his parents never get anywhere near the school

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Season 1 as background noise again, and I just noticed that in one episode there's a pretty weird scene. Niles brings a friend/relative (?) of Maris's to the apartment, and Daphne announces that there's just frozen pizza rolls but they're expired, "are we game?" I can buy this as a way of trying to get rid of the awful person, but this is followed by Daphne and Martin having a chat in the kitchen, where Daphne chops up a cucumber or something, picks up a folder as the conversation is ending, and leaves the kitchen, the chopped up vegetable bits left on the chopping board for no discernible reason. Obviously the conversation is the point of the scene, Martin is shy about his bum hip, but the actions don't make any god drat sense. :confused:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Oh those Brits, what won't they do :haw:

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
December is an excellent month to watch all the Frasier Christmas episodes.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Rappaport posted:

Season 1 as background noise again, and I just noticed that in one episode there's a pretty weird scene. Niles brings a friend/relative (?) of Maris's to the apartment, and Daphne announces that there's just frozen pizza rolls but they're expired, "are we game?" I can buy this as a way of trying to get rid of the awful person, but this is followed by Daphne and Martin having a chat in the kitchen, where Daphne chops up a cucumber or something, picks up a folder as the conversation is ending, and leaves the kitchen, the chopped up vegetable bits left on the chopping board for no discernible reason. Obviously the conversation is the point of the scene, Martin is shy about his bum hip, but the actions don't make any god drat sense. :confused:

This kind of thing will drive you nuts if you let it. For example, start counting how many times in Cheers someone walks in, orders a drink, and then neither drinks it nor pays for it

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Cosmik Slop posted:

This kind of thing will drive you nuts if you let it. For example, start counting how many times in Cheers someone walks in, orders a drink, and then neither drinks it nor pays for it
That's basically every movie or show though. Usually the food is fake, cold, been sitting out since take 14, etc. At least in Frasier they play with the food and coffee.

I've seen some jarring cuts in movies where drinking coffee is picking up the cup and saucer (cut to other person, then back) and putting it back down. Nether sufficient time to drink nor any associated sounds. Sometimes the person cut off camera is still talking.

Veneer!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Cosmik Slop posted:

At least Cheers establishes that all the main characters have a (gigantic) tab
What you will forever notice if you let it is how many cups of coffee and club sodas Sam drinks throughout the show

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Also how many limes Sam cut.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
The only true metric: Glasses of sherry poured.

Or for the pessimists: Successful dinner parties.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

That's basically every movie or show though. Usually the food is fake, cold, been sitting out since take 14, etc. At least in Frasier they play with the food and coffee.

I've seen some jarring cuts in movies where drinking coffee is picking up the cup and saucer (cut to other person, then back) and putting it back down. Nether sufficient time to drink nor any associated sounds. Sometimes the person cut off camera is still talking.

Veneer!

I like how they kinda play off this in Arrested Development when someone grabs something from the kitchen cabinets, and they’re totally empty aside from the item they intended to grab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Frasier had them black silk sheets for banging and poor Daph probably scrubbed her share of stains from em