Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've been using Sentry, Colossus and Doom. Seems to do all right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Yeah I've just been slacking with a mix of Sentry, Surfer, Jean and Hulk. I only manually play when I need 10 wins for an epic quest, and Immortal Hulk has been my mvp lately with damage and survivability.

The rest of the Eternals epic quest releases tonight. Gilgamesh is another quest pack, and you'll have to complete all 5 to unlock Thena then do her quest to finish the story and get her to T3. Expensive update overall since everyone has a uniform that makes them better, and there are two 4400 crystal quest packs to buy (or pay $30 for the Gilgamesh pack). So far I hear Makkari with uniform is now the top speed char in PvE and Sersi is good support for her.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Goddammit. And me constantly out of TCP. Still dragging through the Sersi quest because of that. Sort of insulting that you can only craft it 5 times instead of at least 10 like everything else but CCF.

Might need to hold up on leveling Eternals so I can T3 Loki and get a bit more TCP out of Dispatch.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Steve Vader posted:

I've been using Sentry, Colossus and Doom. Seems to do all right.

That's what I'm figuring I should do at some point. I'm only autoplaying but like investing in PVP just because crystals are part of the return if you do well. I partially built up Surfer and Jean but it doesn't seem like finishing the process is worthwhile at this point in the game.

I don't understand the point of this Dimension Rift thing. Another goon opened one up at the normal difficulty and we topped out at 60% by a half-hour. I guess we're moving from creating individual whale bait to creating bait for alliances of whales.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The Dimension Rifts is weird because... they used to have this and got rid of it.

Back then the key was if 3 people each did 10 you could fill 100%. But they didn't have the different difficulties back then and they did have autoclear. Last night I just played a couple of stages to see what it was like and the rewards but like, I timed out just at 2 and went to bed.

I guess its all about the new artifacts but I dunno. I can't be bothered. I already gave up on the TVA thing.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
The new mode is kind of a mix of old dimension rifts and dispatch missions. Once you get above 3, the missions get harder and ignore dodge is essential. The only team I have that can do the 6th level is WF, Odin, and Valk. But, clearing level 6 for the first time gives a guaranteed new fancy-gently caress artifact for a different character each day. After getting all 7, though, the mode is worthless unless they add more character artifacts.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I got a survey to fill out, i used it to poo poo all over Danger Room and the fact that the drop rate for T3 mats, especially CFF as the drop rate is atrocious. I literally go full weeks without getting any. I've been working towards getting WBL but I still can't, lacking either enough blue stars or the right CTPs on characters.

Thanks for giving me nothing but regens and insights every time you gave me a CTP game!

And god drat Danger Room sucks. It takes forever, 90% of the poeple playing don't know what they're doing, and often you get people that drop from it, and after all that, the rewards are rear end. Oh by 20 Bishop Xgenes, thanks.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Nov 20, 2021

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Some Black Friday info out. You'll be able to get a t3 selector if you do most or all of the event daily quests. I'm down to Winter Soldier and Ant Man. Nobody new added to the list.

They are putting the Danger Room peeps on sale again so I get to decide if Abomination is worth 4500 crystals to me. I am a character collector and he's the only one I'm missing. I don't think he's any good though and he didn't get a costume from cameoing in a recent movie.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Abomination isn't meta good, but he ain't bad and he's got a good leadership for combat types. And I like playing with him because I'm a Hulk nerd.

I've got Bucky, AntMan and Iron Man waiting for T3 on that list.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm down to just Ant-Man. The Awakening token was nice, I used i on Moon Knight because he and Medusa are the only ones I've seen used that I had not already awakened.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Moon Knight is a top WBL/GBR clearer with energy. Highly recommended if you don't have him yet.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobmcdynamite posted:

Moon Knight is a top WBL/GBR clearer with energy. Highly recommended if you don't have him yet.

I was wondering what CTP to put on him, now i just need some CTPs that aren't regeneration

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
As a heads up, his rotation is 5 canceling immediately into 4. It's simple with a caveat; The range on his 5 is longer than 4, so you have to be kinda close or the 5 animation will play out. That'll screw up the energy proc.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Has anyone successfully completed a rift? Best I've been able to hit is 70% either on my own on a lvl 1 version and ~50% with someone else on a lvl 4. Props to Karl the Maltese on that second one - you're the first person I've seen open up a rift and not immediately gently caress off right after.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
I've been able to complete the rifts for each week when they were first available. The progress reward each time was a 1 star artifact. That's why people don't bother with them. The only good reward seems to be the special artifact for clearing each level 6 stage for the first time. After that, it's just and energy sink.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Anals of History posted:

Has anyone successfully completed a rift? Best I've been able to hit is 70% either on my own on a lvl 1 version and ~50% with someone else on a lvl 4. Props to Karl the Maltese on that second one - you're the first person I've seen open up a rift and not immediately gently caress off right after.
I suck at this game

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Ugh, I havent played since they introduced the X-Men but Im feeling the urge once more. I'll join Doctor Goon (as Rhabban) and see if I can at least get some of the new Epic Quests done. Quite a few more characters than I recall!

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Moreau posted:

Ugh, I havent played since they introduced the X-Men but Im feeling the urge once more. I'll join Doctor Goon (as Rhabban) and see if I can at least get some of the new Epic Quests done. Quite a few more characters than I recall!

Looks like your application accidentally got nuked. Try applying again. I don't know if we can add people during the Conquest period but I'll make sure you're added in a few days when it ends.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

Your crystals popping up whenever you go to get the free daily stuff gives me a mini heart attack.

I just started playing again a little bit ago and I was struggling in Timeline without Doom or the Eternals but Spider-Man is really helping. Dude just slaps up Doom like he's nothing.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

A surfing dog?! posted:

Your crystals popping up whenever you go to get the free daily stuff gives me a mini heart attack.

I just started playing again a little bit ago and I was struggling in Timeline without Doom or the Eternals but Spider-Man is really helping. Dude just slaps up Doom like he's nothing.

The new spidey no way home uniform is apparently really good in pve now too finally.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

bagrada posted:

The new spidey no way home uniform is apparently really good in pve now too finally.

It's also supposedly terrific in PVP as well. Bummed that I T3'd Thor instead of Spider-Man with the last selector because I couldn't believe that they'd actually make Spider-Man useful.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Red is PvP, black is PvE for Spidey.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Good lord, Sersi is a beast. Im a terrible player, and even with her at default, even without a uniform, she is just tanking content. I'll have to raise the priority of getting her to 70, it seems!

Duxwig
Oct 21, 2005

Applied to Doctor Goons as Duxwig

Jarmotion
Jan 9, 2006
Lotek Ronin
coming back after quite a long time and getting a job... gotta get one these tier 3s that kill me in arena. Applied to Doctor Goons as jarmotion.

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

Both of your applications have been approved! If anyone is missing or get rejected accidentally, post here or message me.

Barkhawk
Dec 23, 2006

Here is a link to the latest version of the future fight beginners guide:

https://imgur.com/a/7v3uWf0

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Duxwig posted:

Applied to Doctor Goons as Duxwig

Welcome! Feel free to post questions in here as well. Can't speak for anyone else but it's going to take me years to type out responses through their chat interface so I'd rather do it here whenever possible.

Duxwig
Oct 21, 2005

Anals of History posted:

Welcome! Feel free to post questions in here as well. Can't speak for anyone else but it's going to take me years to type out responses through their chat interface so I'd rather do it here whenever possible.

I realized the chat limit too. Did they have a spam problem at some point or why the crazy limit?

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

That Colossus Hellfire Gala uni is going to be a day 1 buy for me. I'm looking forward to a Hellfire Gala uni for Jean that brings us back to the timeline dark ages again.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Yeah I just T3'd white fox and was going to start burning TCP on Makkari's gear but something made me wait. This would do it. I already have Colossus and Psylocke* at 4x25 gear, bring on the advancements.

*Though since this is Betsy Braddock as Captain Britain I wonder if she'll be a new character instead of a Psylocke uni. That whole thing with her and Kwannon is confusing as hell and I've read many of the comics about it.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

It bothers me that Colossus awakening skill had Sinister in it. Why would they be a team up?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Steve Vader posted:

It bothers me that Colossus awakening skill had Sinister in it. Why would they be a team up?

I'm months behind on the comics but most mutants are allies in Krakoa now. Apocalypse was on a team with Rogue, Gambit, Jubilee and Betsy Braddock's Captain Britain for instance. That said it's kind of boring that transcended chars just get the same team up. Some are done well but for others it is disappointing they won't get a cool T3 animation.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I have an old Colossus solo miniseries where Sinister slaughters his extended family in order to empower the dormant consciousness of the historical Rasputin (who Essex used to hang out with) to awaken and take over the body of the last surviving Rasputin, and when it comes down to Piotr and Mikhail (Illyana was dead at the time), Mikhail isolates himself in some suspended animation dimension to keep himself alive so it never happens.

I like Sinister as a villain, but Colossus should not team up with him.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Fair enough. Yeah I don't think they put any more thought into it than these are the 3 costumes we like and think people will buy, then slapped transcendence upgrades on them. They should have added a 4th hero costume & awakening then made Sinister a T3. Or more thematically, make him a solo transcendence where his clones appear instead of other characters.

A surfing dog?!
Apr 23, 2006

I'm glad the Hellfire Gala stuff isn't finished yet, and I hope they take another look at Colossus and Sinister.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Me too. Although there has to be a Spidey NWH part 2, too.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

They haven't spoiled or hinted at what's next yet, have they? I'm debating buying Wolverine's latest uniform and T3ing him before the sale ends tomorrow. I've got him, Quicksilver, Professor X and Storm ready to advance but might just sit on the materials until I see what the next update will be.

For meta characters I should work on Doom or Mephisto but both have a long ways to go. Under personal goals I was working on the Black Order but I'm left with Ebony Maw, my least favorite of the bunch.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Phoenix Wolverine isn't quite top tier but he's the tier below that, I think. He's not a go to for me but he if I'm determined he can get the job done.

I've got Sersi, Icarus, Kingo, Psylocke, and Emma Frost all maxed out and kind of useless so I'm tempted to buy their costumes. But I'm trying really hard to save to unlock the rest of the Eternals.

I don't think they've teased next yet. We never really got a proper No Way Home update they might not be bothering or it might be getting delayed for spoilers. But by now if you care you know. We also never got a Hawkeye update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Duxwig posted:

I realized the chat limit too. Did they have a spam problem at some point or why the crazy limit?

No idea whatsoever. It's really irritating.

bagrada posted:

They haven't spoiled or hinted at what's next yet, have they?

Nothing yet. Latest Netmarble announcement was one of their "please post on our forums" competitions.